Knack 2

Aug 01

Aug 01

House of the Dead: OVERKILL – Naked Terror Revealed

David Bruno's Avatar Posted by Public Relations Representative, Tozai Games

Following on from my previous House of the Dead: OVERKILL post, I’m pleased to be able to reveal some more exclusive news for you right here on the PlayStation Blog; this time in the form of a new level reveal. We’re proud to announce the details for the first of two exclusive levels from the Extended Cut; Naked Terror.

Naked Terror_04Naked Terror_05

Naked Terror sees you fighting your way through a strip club (a real hardship I know), the streets of Bayou City and a bar, and not only do you have new environments to battle your way through, you also have new stripper and biker mutants to contend with. The other cool aspect to this new level is who you play as, for this level G and Wash are elsewhere, leaving you to take control of Varla (previously an NPC in the original Overkill) and her stripper friend Candy.

Candy seems to have the required staples for any standard stripper: she has a heart of gold, is wholesome, innocent, yet can be naïve to the world. There is one big difference though between her and her stripper brethren; our heroine is pretty handy with a hand cannon, and skilfully adept at taking down enemies. Sounds like my kind of woman really.

There are connections between her and Jasper (the boss at the end of the Plantation level). It was as a hospital volunteer that she first met Jasper and there a romance developed. Now she works alongside Varla, hoping to one day save up enough money for her and Jasper to leave Bayou City for good. To complicate things further Jasper is Varla’s brother. How does this ultimately all fit together? Well, you’ll have to wait and see when the game releases.

Naked Terror_06

These two exclusive levels cover a new side story that reveals additional details to help you understand the main storyline. That’s your lot for the moment, I’ll be back in due course to reveal the details of the second exclusive level.

Add Your Own

erico316ecw said:

August 1st, 9:19 am

cannt wait what is the price point for this game?any chance of getting the origal 3 house of dead game?

erico316ecw said:

August 1st, 9:20 am

we need more arcard styles shooting for the move?

JohnAlden said:

August 1st, 9:31 am

Erico316ecw, it’s only 40 bucks! I can’t wait for the game too.

ENRICHOVEGA said:

August 1st, 9:33 am

Fighting through a strip club? Combining two of my favorite things…Strippers & Zombies. Sold!!!

August 1st, 1:02 pm

I like to think of them as Exotic dancers…well mutant exotic dancers, but still. ;)

Hellman said:

August 1st, 9:51 am

Sweet this will be a day one purchase for me! I need to pre-order the game soon.

August 1st, 1:03 pm

What are you waiting for, the mutant apocalypse? Get on it, or I’ll sick Detective Washington on you ! :)

Enforcer_X said:

August 1st, 10:05 am

Sharpshooter compatible and online co-op … PLEASE!

RE_Player said:

August 1st, 10:13 am

I believe it is Sharp Shooter compatible. Also any pre-order bonuses? Going to get the game anyway just want to know if I get something extra for going to a certain retailer.

August 1st, 10:44 am

You are correct, sir. The House of the Dead: OVERKILL – Extended Cut is compatible with the Sharpshooter.

Eric071896 said:

August 1st, 10:17 am

Get Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3

rockinjs864 said:

August 1st, 10:25 am

what is the release date for this game?looks like a must have

August 1st, 10:45 am

I’d like to think so. It will in in stores across the US on Ocober 25, 2011! Just in time for Halloween. Woot! :3

Quezacoult said:

August 1st, 10:29 am

Good god, i simply can`t wait for this
I have spent a huge fortune on the original arcade games and this one looks simple awesome
Times like this that im glad i bought a sharpshooter

GT-420 said:

August 1st, 10:47 am

Does it work with gun periphs other than the sharpshooter?

August 5th, 2:02 pm

Apologies for the delayed response, but I wanted to let you know that It will work with the PS3 Move Gun Attachment as well. ;)

jvasq said:

August 1st, 10:52 am

weird question, but i know house of the dead 2 & 3 were on wii, any chance you’d add them to overkill or maybe as a seperrate title? I’d LOVE to have those also

RE_Player said:

August 1st, 11:43 am

Also has 3D been confirmed for the game?

August 1st, 12:30 pm

Yup. You’ll be blastin’ mutants in glorious 3D!

Xaveri28 said:

August 1st, 11:48 am

I’m really excited for this game for some reason. I guess I’m looking for something good to play with the Move and this looks fantastic so far. I wish this game could have random enemies here and there. It would make it better for re-plays.

Question: You are adding 2 new levels and converting the regular campaign to HD, will the regular campaign have any aditional features/tweeks that make it different to the Wii version?

Kirkpad said:

August 1st, 12:01 pm

Excellent looking screenshots in full resolution. Great stuff.

Deathspear666 said:

August 1st, 12:13 pm

Can’t wait :)

trapper12 said:

August 1st, 12:23 pm

Hi David,

Let me just say that I can not wait for House of the Dead to arrive and am so anxious to play it with my Move controller.

Off topic: I know this isn’t related to the topic you posted, but can you and Sega please release Jet Grind Radio/Jet Set Radio Future on PSN? I tried to ask this question on the Sega website, but it’s been down for days, including the forums and support tabs. Thanks.

August 1st, 12:35 pm

Hi Trapper12, thanks for your interest in HotD: OVERKILL – Extended Cut. I can’t wait either. I actually bought two PS Move bundles when they were on sale at Fry’s a while back specifically so I could play this game when it ships.
    Also, thanks for your interest in Jet Grind/Jet Set. It is a great game, and I think we’d all like to see it resurrected, but unfortunately I can’t say that I have heard anything.

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

August 1st, 12:33 pm

ths game is a day one purchase…but im seriously waiting for some more info on SORCERY and its SUMMER RELEASE DATE ..thats my MUST HAVE game of this year.

rockinjs864 said:

August 1st, 12:34 pm

@ David Bruno thanks for answering me one last question will there be online co-op for this game

August 1st, 12:57 pm

Hi again rockinjs864,

You are most welcome. HotD: OVERKILL – Extended Cut will feature Online Leaderboards and Local Co-op play.

Hooligantuan said:

August 1st, 1:08 pm

What is this, I found this page by Googling “naked david bruno” ? ? ?

(LOL JK)

August 1st, 1:19 pm

*golf clap* Hahaha! well done, sir. You actually scared me there for a second.

Hooligantuan said:

August 1st, 1:23 pm

[great success]

>:D

Wez455 said:

August 1st, 1:28 pm

Is there any chance of seeing all the other 3 house of the deads? Maybe in an HDed up collection or something?

EL_VIOLADOOR3000 said:

August 1st, 2:16 pm

one question

Is this game compatible with Dualshock 3 or sixaxis??

cause i don’t have playstation MOVE but i want to buy this game and play it with my dualshock

August 1st, 3:47 pm

That it is. However, the Move controller with a Sharpshooter…
    “It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.”

marlyt said:

August 1st, 2:49 pm

I had a stupid question to ask, but I forgot what it was…. Nice game BTW.

marlyt said:

August 1st, 2:50 pm

Ohyeah now I remember…where is Aquastorm’s spam about cross game chat? You’re off schedule. Get with the program.

August 1st, 4:54 pm

Your Caps Lock button is on.

mikedo2007 said:

August 1st, 5:23 pm

Cool, now all you have to do is bring House of the Dead 4 to the PS3 (Which is the only game in the series that doesn’t have a console port), which should be easy because the arcade machine used the same GPU as the PS3, making porting easy, and oh, the Move could work with this since I myself play HOTD 4 at an arcade at a beach last summer.

Souledge94 said:

August 1st, 5:54 pm

Im happy to hear the game does work with a DS3. Since I do want it but dont own a move.

August 1st, 6:23 pm

I definitely recommend picking one (or two) up. Heck, even if you don’t own a game that supports Move yet. Simply navigating through menus and using Netflix is fun with a Move controller. Sure, there is a little more effort involved, but there’s still that technology thrill associated with it. Plus you’ll be a pro by the time HotD comes out on October 25. :)

xBarritx said:

August 1st, 5:57 pm

Awesome, can’t wait! This is 1 of 4 games coming out this year that finally convinced me to get a Move!

August 1st, 6:24 pm

Good to hear, and thank you for the support! Now if we can just convince Souledge94 to get a Move controller. ;3

AJBS0NIC said:

August 1st, 7:46 pm

This is looking great!! Loved this on the Wii but I’m especially excited to see that this is a true enhanced port, adding legit extra (and all-new) gameplay and storylines. All game ports should be like this. =D

Boots777 said:

August 1st, 8:07 pm

David,

Pretty pumped about this game! Thanks for bringing it to PS3!!

You’ve got the hosptial scenes from ‘Hobo With A Shotgun’ covered. Could you look into a special appearance by The Plague (or a hidden easter egg game ‘The Plague’)? If you respond to this and know what I’m talking about, I will push this game on as many PS3 owners as I know. If not, you have to watch ‘Hobo With A Shotgun’…Rutger Hauer man! I suppose I’ll still push this game…

Cyb3rfr34k-iso said:

August 1st, 8:07 pm

can you please add this game trough the digital download section of the playstation store PLEASE!!!
thanks in advance Senior Bruno! :D
i’ll buy it DAY 1!

aquastorm said:

August 1st, 8:09 pm

@David Bruno You can rescue us longtime hardcore gamers by releasing a new Sega console! ;-)

It’s been way too long, we miss you Sega!

Cyb3rfr34k-iso said:

August 1st, 8:09 pm

and i have 1 more requestion is it going to be GUNCON3 compatible?

Cyb3rfr34k-iso said:

August 1st, 8:11 pm

lol i dint want to send that incomplete message lol

“and i have 1 more request, can you please make my GUNCON3 compatible?”

XD

marlyt said:

August 1st, 8:26 pm

Thank you aquastorm. I was feeling a little wierd there for a minute. Funny how in sync we are huh? Speak of the Aquastorm and he appears. LOL

Solid-Snake-Eyes said:

August 1st, 9:00 pm

Great to hear it’s sharpshooter compatible, hopefully there are no weird actions required like “Shake the controller!” (Dead Space Extraction) or “Spin around in a 360 degree circle!” (The Shoot) as these are not easy to do with a Sharpshooter or when sitting down.

August 2nd, 10:50 am

Nope, no funny business here. :)

Wez455 said:

August 1st, 9:03 pm

Damn. I meant to say OLDER 3 as in the first 3 HOTDs.

psychomonkey71 said:

August 1st, 11:10 pm

how about a reboot of comic zone sega ? i loved that game also eternal champions great fighter on genesis

August 2nd, 10:48 am

Whoa, Eternal Champions. You just made me feel old. I think that I still have a sealed copy of that game in my storage.

Natural_Killer47 said:

August 2nd, 12:02 am

Nice now i can buy a new move set sold my last because of the lack of fun games but this is a must buy!!!

theXsilentXchild said:

August 2nd, 5:40 am

Im sure one of the things they havent revealed yet it fitting the older house of the dead games on the disc. It will have the space on the disc for sure. I saw some of the pics for the game on the euro blog. They should of posted them here.

mgsnull617 said:

August 2nd, 6:43 am

reload reload reload…..please shoot off screen!!!!

August 2nd, 10:47 am

Haha! Ah, those were the days…
    If you have a Sharpshooter, the grip can be cocked back to reload. No more aiming off the screen.
    We’ve come a long way since the old-school arcade shooters, haven’t we? I remember pumping pockets worth of quarters into games like HotD, Area 51 and Lethal Enforcers. Now, we’re able to bring that experience home!

Mac_Nastee said:

August 2nd, 7:15 am

Gotta say, this was probably my favorite HOTD. I 1st played this on the Wii. Good graphics, very story-driven and a detective n agent who love cussing(mainly the det.). lotsa carnage. looking forward to trying this one out.

WelmoscaBR said:

August 2nd, 12:20 pm

cant wait to kill some zombies with my move.

xRedxViolence said:

August 2nd, 6:38 pm

oh great somebody remember Leathal Enforcers i hope somebody can bring that first game back or something with an 80’s style cop shoot em up rail gun game like that.

on top of that somebody should bring back the best rail gun ever! the blue Konami Justifier revolver that was one beautiful rail gun. shapshooter don’t look nice on top of that i don’t want a light bulb attachment sticking out of my rail gun. unfortunately the move is being shoved down our throats.

SEAL_TEAM_7p said:

August 2nd, 9:54 pm

WHAT HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT!

MadMeat001 said:

August 4th, 12:55 am

I want a new kevin butler commercial, commenting house of the dead’s sharp shooter :D

brunettepride said:

August 30th, 2:03 pm

This looks insanely fun! I’ll definitely be getting Move for this, I’ve been wanting to get it for a while and this looks like the perfect excuse. Hell yes.