PS4 - Transistor

inFAMOUS 2: Festival of Blood – Witness the Resurrection

Collin Moore's Avatar + Posted by Collin Moore on Sep 01, 2011 // Communications Manager, Zombie Studios

Greetings from the deck here at Sucker Punch Productions! As many of you may have heard we had an excellent panel at PAX Prime last weekend about creating our 2D cutscenes. Those lucky enough to attend got a sneak preview of a cutscene from inFAMOUS 2: Festival of Blood, and a free inFAMOUS 2: Festival of Blood t-shirt to boot. We can’t wait to share more details about Festival of Blood, so here’s the sneak peek. Let us know what you think in the comments!

If you want to know how we created these sequences you can read our detailed summary of our PAX Prime panel, A Panel on Panels: Creating the Comic-Inspired Cutscenes of inFAMOUS 2, over on SuckerPunch.com. For more updates, be sure to follow us on Twitter, @SuckerPunchProd, and ‘Like’ us on Facebook.

PAGE 1 2

+ ein_nineteenth on September 1st, 2011 at 1:51 pm said:

Shut up and take my blast shards.

+ Busca-Cabezas on September 1st, 2011 at 1:54 pm said:

I need this DLC just like I need blood… in my veins!! *un-quenching thirst just kicked in!*

+ angelspawn77 on September 1st, 2011 at 2:28 pm said:

looks great, can’t wait to get my hands on this. How much will it be though? Hopefully not too much and hopefully it’ll be pretty lengthy too, like 10 hours minimum?

+ koolkillerbee46 on September 1st, 2011 at 2:35 pm said:

Infamous onemy favorite game series definetly buying

+ spiderboy59 on September 1st, 2011 at 2:40 pm said:

this is so cool this is the first game that had vampires that i like

+ jstepp2 on September 1st, 2011 at 2:43 pm said:

This is non-canon riiiiiiiiiight? I’m not really into vampires, but I might give this a try…

+ Deathspear666 on September 1st, 2011 at 3:40 pm said:

Off subject….
OK..Let me get this straight SONY..You delayed the Vita and decided to come out w/a tablet??!! Hmmm..I don’t see the logic in that thought process ANYWHERE!!..It has a Tegra 2 processor but will only play PSOne games??? It should be able to handle PS 2 games w/extreme ease…just sayin’…derps…

+ Vampire-Divainc on September 1st, 2011 at 3:45 pm said:

Nice job sucker punch can’t wait to play this game ^_^

+ bad5685 on September 1st, 2011 at 3:50 pm said:

WAIT THIS IS AN ADD-ON RIGHT? sorry guys im pretty lost but would really appreciate an answer

Collin Moore's Avatar

+ Collin Moore on September 1st, 2011 at 5:51 pm said:

inFAMOUS 2: Festival of Blood is a stand alone game you will be able to download from PSN in October. You will not need inFAMOUS 2 to play Festival of Blood.

+ Magicman354_ on September 1st, 2011 at 3:56 pm said:

It should be interesting to see how the guys at suckerpunch work this into the story, considering what happened at the end of infamous 2 as good and bad cole…..

+ crazy_kracker1 on September 1st, 2011 at 4:03 pm said:

will there be trophies?? any one no

+ wolfzero1 on September 1st, 2011 at 4:08 pm said:

looking forward to it. where does it fit into the storyline, before or after the ending

+ digitalman123 on September 1st, 2011 at 4:51 pm said:

This is going to bridge the gap between inFAMOUS 2 and a possible third. I just know it.

+ ERC1980 on September 1st, 2011 at 5:06 pm said:

colin u dissapoint me.

a lot of peeps asking questions and u can’t answer

not right

Collin Moore's Avatar

+ Collin Moore on September 1st, 2011 at 5:55 pm said:

There are a fair amount of questions on here that we just aren’t answering yet. We don’t want to spoil anything, so we can’t provide any details related to the story at this time outside of Zeke is telling the story.

We haven’t announced price either.

+ EL_MACHO_GUERO on September 1st, 2011 at 5:10 pm said:

Hey Sucker Punch it would be awesome if you can make an add on of a costume of zeke!

+ Senju_Karim on September 1st, 2011 at 6:14 pm said:

Very noiceee!! Can’t wait! I need to finish Infamous 2 and get my Plat! I Platinumed the first time to continue the tradition!

+ Detective-E on September 1st, 2011 at 6:37 pm said:

Very nice.. I’m even happier it’s separate.

You guys keeping an eye on Sly Cooper as well?

+ ToFeY on September 1st, 2011 at 7:04 pm said:

i still don’t understand how they were holding cole ;/
he’s like the best super hero he can kick their asses easily

+ bakerarmy on September 1st, 2011 at 7:18 pm said:

From what I heard this is not DLC, but it is a full downloadable game. So it is probably just gonna act like the red dead nightmare. Probably just a what if story.

I bet it will be 20 bucks and only a 4 or 5 hour game. But I hope there is more to it then that.

+ magicfan345 on September 2nd, 2011 at 7:05 am said:

After watching 14 seconds of the Sucker Punch logo at the beginning of the clip, and another 14 seconds at the end, of the title Infamous 2 and the Playstation system, this left only 28 – 30 seconds of a clip that didn’t show much….. Sony please try to make the previews somewhat longer, so we can get a better idea of what the game is about, thanks

+ SoleAddict23 on September 2nd, 2011 at 12:18 pm said:

I like everything in the video except the voice, it didn’t fit well.

As long as it’s priced correctly, meaning the price matches the quality of this game, which includes length, I wil definetly buy because I really enjoy inFamous games. I will buy inFamous 2 shortly and I’m about to beat inFamous on evil karma. Great games guys!

+ KGH on September 2nd, 2011 at 3:11 pm said:

so is this an add-on for I2? Cant wait to see some gameplay

+ tonydamiani on September 2nd, 2011 at 4:13 pm said:

NICEEE

+ storwolf on September 2nd, 2011 at 5:44 pm said:

the clothes from, infamous 2 are compatible with this game,I mean the skins

+ ZOMBEGAM3R on September 3rd, 2011 at 2:10 am said:

thank god! GOD BLESS YOU SUCKERPUNCH.

+ zomby98 on September 3rd, 2011 at 2:13 am said:

AWESOME!!! can i only ask you one question Sucker Punch? can you please make a “mission selection” menu? like, when you beat the game, you can play the selected mission again. Oh, and, one more thing: you can count on my support when this game comes out. day 1 purchase…

+ ZOMBEGAM3R on September 3rd, 2011 at 5:16 am said:

i love this too and all but ive drempt something like this cole defends the city from zombies, not the cheap ugc mission imean real zombies like left 4 dead mixed with infamous but only cole and possibe rescuing survivors and no pun intended on my name .ive also have a great idea for ; if suckerpunch were to make : infamous 3 . i say the story should be ressurected cole vs the beast cole. they jion battle from parralell universes, also put moya back in as a shocker. love zombies by the way

+ ZOMBEGAM3R on September 3rd, 2011 at 5:19 am said:

no it not a n add on it’s a stand alone game. you Do Not need any of the games from the series to play

+ ZOMBEGAM3R on September 3rd, 2011 at 5:21 am said:

even though the trailers for Festival of Blood wrer exciting i’d like see like an e3 gameplay video downloadable from psn. oh wish me happy b-day sept 26

+ zomby98 on September 3rd, 2011 at 8:33 am said:

ZOMBEGAM3R, these are vampires, not zombies.

+ DaTruthHurTzzzz on September 3rd, 2011 at 11:54 am said:

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ LordRazen38 on September 3rd, 2011 at 1:12 pm said:

Awesome and interesting. Nice work!!!

+ Kasaix on September 3rd, 2011 at 2:23 pm said:

This looks awesome. I have to agree that there weren’t enough cutscenes in Infamous 2, but it was still an epic game. I can’t wait to get this.

+ the_justin1416 on September 3rd, 2011 at 10:26 pm said:

hey i think this is a great idea; combining cole from infamous, one of the most popular video games of this decade, and the growing popular demand for something better and stronger, like a vampire. I’m SUPER pumped about this game because i felt the free-roam feature of infamous 2 was a bit empty once you’ve done everything. in this you’ll have to (I’m assuming) worry about not dying from lack of blood, and hopefully either other vampires or not feeding and loosing power (assuming thats an option for the good karma path.) i was wondering however if the vampires imagined by the amazing sucker punch staff will live up to the fantastical powers that displayed in many book, movie, television, and video game series around the world. like will cole have increased strength? will he lose power when he chooses or neglects to feed? will his vampirism increase his current powers? will he have a more limited amount of powers when not have fed? all these questions have plagued me for days and many sleepiness nights, searching youtube for more videos of this great game.
other factors to consider is will this game have the same UGC features of infamous 2, if any at all? will this tie into either infamous 2 or maybe even infamous 3?

+ the_justin1416 on September 3rd, 2011 at 10:26 pm said:

will you have to be evil throughout the whole game as shown in all the trailers so far?
whats with the new amp design on his back?
what will his being a vampire do to his existing powers? and what, if any, new powers will cole discover?
is the fact that he’s a vampire general knowledge among the citizens of New Marais? if you have a good karma character, will you be able to kill and feed from people are alone from the sight of other people in exchange for reduction on the evil karma cole gains?
do will blood be like food for cole? in the sense that he will HAVE to feed every now and then regardless of karma?
what will the story line be? will it continue from infamous 2 in a fluid motion from the evil ending? or will this take place as a parallel universe?
many questions will be answered by the upcoming news and trailers, but for now all we can do is wait for the people at sucker punch to release new news and information.

and if anyone from sucker punch has read this , please reply and try to answer as many of these questions as possible. thanks. =)

+ yggdrasil94 on September 4th, 2011 at 5:44 pm said:

Is this a separate game? or is this DLC for Infamous 2? BTW looks very promising. Cant wait for it to be released.

+ avontayc79 on September 4th, 2011 at 6:23 pm said:

AWSOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WHAT IF COLE TURNS INTO A VAMPIRE LOL XD

+ seabass174 on September 4th, 2011 at 10:24 pm said:

Collin Moore,

You’re from Sucker Punch, correct? Assuming so,

I absolutely loved infamous 1, and 2.

The presentation of infamous 2 was especially cool, everything down to the music made the entire product a better experience.

While a sequel would be hard to do, I think the concept of DLC like this is awesome, especially something spooky for halloween.

As a comic book story I realize that this doesn’t have to exactly always correlate to Coles origins and such, but will it at least evolve his powers?

So even though this hasn’t come out yet, I would already like to say that making more DLC would be an awesome idea.

p.s. (I heard this entire thing is supposed to be in one of Zeke’s nightmares)

+ ryanman1000 on September 5th, 2011 at 10:49 am said:

Wait, What?????? Cole as a Zombie?!?
Crazy stuff.

+ Pelenche on September 5th, 2011 at 2:49 pm said:

So, let me get this stright.
This, you don’t need INF2
This doesnt tied in with the game?i hope it does because im hopeing that cole is back..
This inculd any online stuff?you said thisdoes not need INF2.
Hope more details come in soon, please listen to the people, we would love if it invould the oringle story

Sorry about my spelling cole shocked me and im alittle frizzy

+ FALCON-250 on September 5th, 2011 at 5:21 pm said:

Looks really good, great job I must say im super glad Infamous 2 is going on I played both sides and like it glad theirs add ons.

+ ART346 on September 10th, 2011 at 2:12 pm said:

I’m not really a vampire-fan (a good vampire is one with a stake through it’s undead heart, I always say), but I’m an inFamous-fan (on of the reasons I got a PS3). Quite excited, can’t wait to show those undead blood-suckers the power of Cole’s electric furry!!! XP

+ Fire_Demon99 on September 13th, 2011 at 8:35 am said:

Hi Collin what day does it release :3

+ bob-charisma on September 28th, 2011 at 3:02 am said:

i think this will be most impresive

+ bob-charisma on September 28th, 2011 at 3:04 am said: