God of War

Sep 12

Sep 12

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One – A Party of One

James Stevenson's Avatar Posted by Community Lead, Insomniac Games

The team at Insomniac Games in North Carolina has been working hard to wrap up their first game, Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One. It’s a terrific four-player co-op adventure, and we’re really excited to have it in your hands next month. A frequent question we’ve been getting is “how is it when you play alone?” While bringing co-op to Ratchet & Clank has been by far our number one request for the franchise, we know many of you love to sit down and play Ratchet & Clank and enjoy the fantastic worlds, inventive weapons and hilarious storylines on your own time.

I’m here today to talk a little bit more about the single-player experience. Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One is built from the ground-up to be a co-op game, and many of the mechanics are very co-op based. So quickly realized we needed to give you a computer-controller partner to keep the gameplay balanced. In that regard, if you play All 4 One alone as Ratchet, Qwark or Nefarious, you’ll be teamed up with an AI bot playing as Clank. As you traverse the levels, Clank will ride on your back, just like always. When you reach enemies or a section that requires teamwork, Clank will jump off your back and help you out. What if you play as Clank? We’ve got a special surprise in store for you.

Don’t want to take my word for it? Take a look at this video compiled from single-player footage above!

We’re super excited about Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One’s release on October 18th. As some of you know, we’re currently conducting a very limited public beta that will run from September 13th to September 27th. Keep an eye on our Twitter feeds and Facebook pages for a chance to win codes and get an early hands-on experience!

Add Your Own

remanutd5 said:

September 12th, 7:13 am

James European playstation plus subscribers can get access to A4O beta , when do we get it ?

lve_msg said:

September 12th, 7:14 am

Probably won’t be first day buy, but I wish it was…

Ti_dus said:

September 12th, 7:17 am

For me it’s the day 1 buy after the beta… the best Ratchet EVER!

iriihutoR48 said:

September 12th, 7:19 am

I was undecided until I played the beta. Now I have decided for preordering! It’s some of the most fun I’ve had in gaming for a long time and that was just a small part of the full game!

Trooper04 said:

September 12th, 7:25 am

I like it, but I’ll wait till the price decreases.

remanutd5 said:

September 12th, 7:25 am

at 3 , 4? are you guys europeans ? hows the beta?

Carl-G said:

September 12th, 7:31 am

What about a normal demo? ;) + Its out next month? COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! I CAN’T WAIT! ! ! :P (I LOVE R&C games) ;)

abzdine said:

September 12th, 7:34 am

Amazing !! I am in love with this game since i got my hands on the beta. I have a question though : is it normal the graphics in the beta are not as good as the ones from this video ? or is it just an impression ?

kivi95 said:

September 12th, 7:39 am

6# I think it was great doh can be boring when your teammates are 3 idiots :P, But to play the game with some friends is a blast.

Airwalkinman17 said:

September 12th, 7:46 am

The graphics look even better than before! You guys are really stepping up your game. I’ve been playing Resistance 3 and them moving images look amazing!!! Keep up the good work. I’ll be there day 1. Sounds like you guys are getting great feedback :D

Mobius2525 said:

September 12th, 7:49 am

sweet I’m hopeful i will get into the beta.

Williamsky said:

September 12th, 7:52 am

I can’t wait to play this with my 6 year old son. He watched me play Tools of Destruction and A Crack in Time and I always wished he could play with me. Got my preorder in last tues. October can’t come soon enough.

marlyt said:

September 12th, 7:57 am

C’mon as stated by others before me, EU plus gets the beta. Why no love for us in the NA (USA)??? Oh well, life’s sometimes cruel. Off to work. But really that sux.

poodude said:

September 12th, 8:18 am

James,

This weekend I played the Resistance 3 campaign for seven or eight hours straight. It was amazing! Needless to say I plan to do the same with this. You guys/gals at Insom rock!

Ti_dus said:

September 12th, 9:34 am

@6 – yes, I’m from Europe… if you like Ratchet or LittleBigPlanet (i prefer LBP) you’re gonna LOVE it! 10/10 for me (previous PS3 Ratchets 8/10, LBP 9.5/10).

Zinacef said:

September 12th, 9:50 am

I already know which character I’m going to be playing as – Dr. Nefarious!

One question – when is the Beta?

crusher915 said:

September 12th, 10:00 am

I just Bought A Crack in Time it is awesome I own all of them except Secret Agent Clank I will definitely buy this one to

Zacky-V-A7X said:

September 12th, 10:12 am

Awesome!! i want the beta!!!!!!

ReptileHand said:

September 12th, 10:22 am

I can’t wait! I just got a job! And you how you manage money and all, take out a little for spending, put a little in the bank… well I’m taking $60 and pre-ordering this game! (since it’s closer to its release date) Awesome!

GET2DAACHOPPAAAA said:

September 12th, 10:31 am

Do you have to have the Move to play this game?

JHarlequin said:

September 12th, 11:10 am

Ratchet and Clank is usually incredible, but I’ve been worried about the latest approaches on these games.

I really will have to give the game a look at some point, but it is certainly going to have to show a good reason to involve the extra characters for me to want to even play.

Emerald_Swords said:

September 12th, 1:11 pm

Looks promising.

ChrisMCNBVA said:

September 12th, 1:17 pm

I wanted to ask if you guys know if there will be a demo of this game. I am looking forward to it next month anyways but a demo would be awesome

koolkillerbee46 said:

September 12th, 1:49 pm

I live in NC and no beta complete CRAP whatever i already have a bunch of games to buy already but i will definetly pic it up …. eventually. (maybe if there is a demo might help me decide and yes thats directed to you sony and insomniac)

StormTimber said:

September 12th, 2:56 pm

that tunneling monster with like a bajillion eyes kinda reminded me of resistance. wouldn’t it be amazing if you could visit the Chimarian home world in ratchet and clank? then again… it would be quite gruesome.

A_1000_FAT_KIDS said:

September 12th, 3:07 pm

Im SO happy I got a beta code. Are they active tommorrow?

JH-FallenReaper said:

September 12th, 3:09 pm

ill buy this game just to support and have fun but promise that after this youll make the best ratchet game and put back online multiplayer but i dont think you will since you guys are going multiplatform oh well all i can do is dream!! ratchet and clank hd remakes the first four were the best!!

dacuad said:

September 12th, 3:19 pm

this game looks fantastic! I hope it is not too short.

wolfzero1 said:

September 12th, 4:08 pm

I’ve played all of the Ratchet games & enjoyed every one. as long as the AI is competent for single player I will get this one too.

Espeo said:

September 12th, 4:50 pm

Not gonna lie. I was a bit hesitant about this one. It looked like it was really based around co-op, and I don’t have many friends who are Ratchet fans, but the trailer doesn’t look much different from the other games.

Day 1!

ItsNymo said:

September 12th, 5:03 pm

Did… Did I just see Qwark jump onto CLANK’s back?! WUT?

bah, Seriously cannot wait to play it!
/keeps eyes closely glued to facebook and twitter

RAnkeT52 said:

September 12th, 6:10 pm

@19 how did you get that avatar? I only got the cartoon ones

KainDrake said:

September 12th, 6:28 pm

Who’d knew that Qwark was quite the contortionist?

Hyret said:

September 12th, 7:01 pm

Has the beta come to USA yet

Rival_31 said:

September 12th, 7:16 pm

Can’t wait!

Ed243 said:

September 12th, 7:21 pm

@32 go to the r&c site and watch the video there. It will give u a code for the avatars

JEC94 said:

September 12th, 8:16 pm

we need a R&C HD collection of the ps2 games for PS3

Caudill said:

September 12th, 9:14 pm

PS3 HD collection of the PS2 games please!! …I still have my original copies of the games but would love to have them all on one blu-ray with HD and trophies.

Kinda surprised it hasn’t happened yet to be honest, same with Jak and Daxter…

SoleAddict23 said:

September 12th, 10:46 pm

This video just made me want this game even more! Not only is this a Ratchet and Clank game that is guaranteed to be quality but it also has co-op, not just co-op, FOUR player co-op! Thank you so much for this! There is nothing better than offline four player multiplayer and co-op and sadly not a lot of games support this =(. Not only does this game have FOUR player offline co-op, it has four player online AND online MIX co-op!!! =))))))))))))))) If this game has multiple PSN sign ins that every player can sign in their PSN and get their own Trophies, stats etc you have a guaranteed purchaser, if it doesn’t have it launch add it in a patch a few days after it releases, so many more people will buy it and it will make this game even better!

This game reminds me of Super Mario but oh so much better. Great job guys! Just keep online pass away from this title and we’re good =)

Ryuhza said:

September 13th, 3:54 am

That alien in the video preview image just screams Chimera

EPRaider08 said:

September 13th, 8:48 am

This looks…..Awesome! Can’t wait to play it.

vince8502 said:

September 13th, 10:59 am

I SO CAN’T WAIT FOR THIS TO COME OUT! I HAVE BEEN A R&C FAN SINCE THE FIRST GAME!

shogun00 said:

September 13th, 11:52 am

That’s good to hear. I’m a single player gamer for the most part and I was concerned about the co-op premise in this latest R&C game. However, it seems that you had the single player in mind, when you were making the game. :)

foodlionslave said:

September 13th, 2:34 pm

I can’t wait for the beta codes. This game looks AWESOME!!!

digitalman123 said:

September 13th, 3:05 pm

Did anyone else see Qwark turn into a backpack…

WelmoscaBR said:

September 14th, 11:09 am

sup to all people…I cant wait to get my hands in this game…I’ve been a ratchet fan since PS2…got all titles on PS3…and will get this for sure…I’ll need some friends to play cuz I dont have friends in my list that like ratchet too much…add me if you want.

DarkMegamanSX900 said:

September 19th, 2:38 pm

CANT WAIT FOR IT TO COME OUT I PRE-ORDER IT AND EVERTHING I JUST HOPE ITS NOT GOING TO BE THE LAST GAME THE LAST ONE NEED TO BE A BIG BANG!!!