PS4-Watch_Dogs

Dead Nation: Road of Devastation Out Today

Petteri Putkonen's Avatar + Posted by Petteri Putkonen on Sep 27, 2011 // Game Designer, Housemarque

With over 3.8 million recruits and more than 13 billion zombies killed worldwide, the time has come to launch the ultimate zombie-killing spectacle of our time. Think you’ve got what it takes to survive “Road of Devastation?” An expansion to Dead Nation with single player and two player co-op modes (online and offline), as well as new trophies to pick up, Road of Devastation is a brand new way to experience Dead Nation. Check out our new launch trailer below! It reveals some awesome new Road of Devastation moments, along with accolades that Dead Nation received – all in iconic 80′s action movies style!

From the ashes of the apocalypse, an organization has worked in the shadows, tampering with the human gene to engineer the perfect zombie killing machine… you! Continuing from the events of the original game (or is that preceding…?), Road of Devastation puts your skills to the ultimate test. You find yourself at a crossroads leading to three different choices with each road featuring its own challenges and enemies but also different weapons and tools you’ll need if you’re to survive.

Dead Nation Road of Devastation

Before long, you’ll find your choices have great meaning, you just might find yourself at the crossroads again, but, that time the road you took has been closed, so you’ll make a new decision based on the new weapons, items, money and armor (or perhaps score) you’ll have by then. In order to become the ultimate zombie killing machine you must also master the arts of death completely – you will be rewarded for pulling off different levels of multi-kills, and making constant tactical decisions based on new money, score and other collectible mechanics.

Each road introduces new environments with elements that can work either for or against you. As you wade through areas with heavily overgrown plant life, you can make your way through by destroying the overgrowth blocking your progress. This affects the zombies’ paths as well. Navigating through flooded streets, you might find pools of water with zombies in them that you can electrocute. Flames burst out of buildings on fire, but time your movements right and it might be the zombies who get burned, not you.

Dead Nation Road of Devastation

Road of Devastation gives you several new ways to dispose of enemies. Trigger electric fences to fry everything nearby or turn zombie masses into mince meat with heavy-duty industrial saws. The latest technology even enable you to deploy an automated sentry gun called the “Auto-Turret” onto the battlefield – watch that ammo counter go. In the local hospital area you’ll find a new type of health pack – a medikit you can carry with you and use when you need it most. It restores full health, but you can only carry one at a time (or stomp it to gain lots of cash).

As the virus evolves, the enemies evolve. You’ll find enemy waves start to grow in numbers and get more and more aggressive. Zombies can now also burst forth from every conceivable angle. See a manhole cover moving? Zombies might literally ooze out at any moment. There’s a crack in a wall? You might want to keep your distance. No place is safe anymore. Even the ground you walk on might turn inside out when some of the new enemy types reveal themselves. And forget what you thought you knew about common zombies – Road of Devastation presents new enemy traits to several common zombie types. Low on ammo? Cop zombies usually drop some. Low on health? Doctor and nurse zombies might carry health packs. Need money? Tourist zombies tend to carry pocket change. See if you can discover them all.

Dead Nation Road of Devastation

A few entirely new enemies will also require your attention. Be extra careful when treading plant-infested environments – the virus has now also begun to infect even plant life. Beneath the ground, masses of buried corpses, all but decomposed have now fused with infected plant life. When these monstrous atrocities burst forth from amidst the plants, you’ll notice they have no problem treading the infested terrain as they make their way toward you. And the original game’s “Mouth” enemy makes a deadly comeback – evolved into “Big Mouth”, it now summons its minions straight from hell, from right below your very feet!

Prepare to experience Dead Nation in a brand new way in Road of Devastation, out today for $3.99. This time, it’s war!

85 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ EnigmaNemesis on September 27th, 2011 at 7:04 am said:

Only $3.99?

Bought!

+ LilRican on September 27th, 2011 at 7:06 am said:

hey sony what’s that trailer about? 10 5 11 ? oh it better not be another plus upgrade i pay mine for a year….smh

+ Alyyse on September 27th, 2011 at 7:07 am said:

i still gotta finish the other one

+ EnigmaNemesis on September 27th, 2011 at 7:07 am said:

Rumor has it the trailer is about the new “Home” and “avatar” changes.

+ xxThe_Fuhrer-xx on September 27th, 2011 at 7:10 am said:

WOW This game is only 3.99. This ain’t a good deal, its a great deal lol. Kinda reminds me of Alien Swarm from Steam. I am gonna purchase this game when I get the time

+ LilRican on September 27th, 2011 at 7:12 am said:

@ EnigmaNemesis oh ok like how live has theirs?

+ xxdudexx05 on September 27th, 2011 at 7:16 am said:

only 4 bucks wow im so buying this!

+ Xer0Signal on September 27th, 2011 at 7:18 am said:

$3.99 is the perfect price to bring me back to this. Gotta find some time for it between RE4 and Dark Souls.

+ remanutd5 on September 27th, 2011 at 7:20 am said:

bought !!!! move support in the near future ?

+ GEN-XafrX on September 27th, 2011 at 7:23 am said:

Is the patch fixed?
I assume you’re aware but Playstation PLUS recently auto patched this game and in the process it erased my (and lots of others’) campaign save.

I’ve been excited for the DLC but it really ruined my day to see my campaign get lost a couple of days ago.

+ B-Ri on September 27th, 2011 at 7:27 am said:

I see Road to Devastation adds LOCAL co-op, is that also retroactive and adds local co-op to the original campaign?

+ WHIFFER2 on September 27th, 2011 at 7:36 am said:

So pumped for this. Texted all my buddies and told them we need to squad-up STAT!

+ Hogwild333 on September 27th, 2011 at 7:38 am said:

@11 – the game already had local co-op so that is not new. The game does scale when you have two players so don’t plan on it being easy.

Thank you for making an affordable add-on to this game! I will definitely be buying this.

+ station3fever on September 27th, 2011 at 7:40 am said:

this looks wicked :)

+ onslaughtree on September 27th, 2011 at 7:48 am said:

This looks great. Thats a good price also. I will be getting this asap. Zombies watch ya back.

+ Maverick10 on September 27th, 2011 at 7:50 am said:

Freakin cool

+ HalfDank on September 27th, 2011 at 7:51 am said:

Oooooh. I want.

+ RoyMunson on September 27th, 2011 at 7:58 am said:

hell ya bra!! bring it on!

+ MRGamer01 on September 27th, 2011 at 8:04 am said:

$3.99 only? Yes! This is gonna be insane!

+ KidCommando on September 27th, 2011 at 8:07 am said:

Will be the first thing I buy off the store today.

Housemarque, you guys make some addictive and beautiful games; Don’t stop!!

+ stlthriot on September 27th, 2011 at 8:15 am said:

I love the original game! Just was playing it yesterday and seen this update get added in.

Just a few things I would like to see:
- There needs to be a way after you finish a difficulty to start a new Single or Co-op game with all your weapons and upgrades. It would mainly just be for fun and so i could use the Shocker in the early levels. :D
- Also, are these new weapons and features going to be available in some way to the original game? Perhaps after you already finished it. Would just be fun to have some new things available in the previous levels.

+ NeoHumpty on September 27th, 2011 at 8:25 am said:

I agree with stithriot. Would love to see that stuff happen. I’m all over Castlevania first, so you Dead Nation programmers have time to make it so. I’ll be picking this up later, though. Thanks.

+ guitarded77 on September 27th, 2011 at 8:38 am said:

Cool, but that is quite possibly the dumbest title ever.

+ Old-Smuggler on September 27th, 2011 at 8:46 am said:

Am I the only one who does’nt have a link for it in the store?
“It says No Content Was Found”

+ GGGGit on September 27th, 2011 at 8:51 am said:

Loved the game. Awesome co-op action. A must buy.

+ xblade132 on September 27th, 2011 at 8:54 am said:

i want an endurance mode where there are NO checkpoints and no health boxes. just play to see how far you can get. there would still be the gates where you would rebuy weapons and stuff but once you resume playing, it wouldnt refill your health

THAT WOULD BE KILLER!!

+ Michaelangelo on September 27th, 2011 at 8:57 am said:

I love this game! I wish it was out right now but I gotta wait till the store updates ahh!!! The co-op on this game is so satisfying and beating it on Morbid with a friend was challenging and rewarding. This DLC is only 3.99$! 3.99$ you cant get and DLC so cheap! Replayability on this game is incredible I have 20+ hours logged in it to get platinum!

+ afiqltd on September 27th, 2011 at 9:16 am said:

Oh wow… I’ve got the platinum for this.

I’m looking forward to playing this DLC :)

+ gumi42 on September 27th, 2011 at 9:23 am said:

did you guys patch the game?
I was reading earlier in the month that a patch was killing campaign saves. Just wanted to know before i spend the money and fire the game back up. I was about 3/4 of the way through the game, and don’t want to loose my progress, so I gotta know if Dead Nation has been patched.

Love the game and can’t wait to check out the DLC.

+ cwsluke on September 27th, 2011 at 9:25 am said:

LOVED the co-op and will defiantly buy this any try to get my friend to buy it.

+ Go_Buddie_Go on September 27th, 2011 at 9:34 am said:

Dead Nation is easily my favorite PSN title of last year, Never thought I’d see DLC for it and with that price? Doesn’t get any better than that!

+ VariantDevil on September 27th, 2011 at 9:50 am said:

I thought this would at least be $10-15 bucks for all the stuff they added in. I’m gonna grab this now!

+ Deathspear666 on September 27th, 2011 at 9:52 am said:

It is a buy :)

+ KwietStorm on September 27th, 2011 at 9:53 am said:

@GEN-XafrX
It was 1.06 that erased campaign saves, which I assume was taken down, because my system never downloaded it. It did download 1.07 yesterday though.

@Old-Smuggler
No you’re not the only one, because it’s not even 1 in the afternoon. The store hasn’t updated yet.

+ Tremulan777 on September 27th, 2011 at 10:01 am said:

I’m getting it this and castlevenia hd

+ Sandunga-pr on September 27th, 2011 at 10:19 am said:

blablablabla we want BF3 beta now for early acess like me whats the holdup

+ easyriderzombie on September 27th, 2011 at 10:24 am said:

I cant even get this dlc, im so poor.

+ stlthriot on September 27th, 2011 at 10:32 am said:

So, I’m a little confused… going by the trophies I seen the update added, it sounds like these are just survival round levels and not actually full levels like the original title had?

Or are these really full new levels, like in addition to the 10 the original game had?

+ Ethereal on September 27th, 2011 at 10:32 am said:

Sold. Picking this up tonight when I get home from school. Anything you guys do, count me in. Keep up the good work!

+ loadstone007 on September 27th, 2011 at 10:39 am said:

Sony – please change your video streaming service. Viddler is VERY slow for overseas users! For example, this video takes more than 20 minutes to load (I stopped trying after 20 minutes – it takes more than that)! And I’m trying the SD version!

+ RY473LSI on September 27th, 2011 at 10:40 am said:

Nice

+ NamesIrish13 on September 27th, 2011 at 11:09 am said:

Cant beat that price at all. Thanks Housemarque & Sony for keeping it well priced for us broke people!

+ Old-Smuggler on September 27th, 2011 at 11:17 am said:

Thanks KwietStorm

Ill wait till 1:00 then

+ Korakos on September 27th, 2011 at 11:34 am said:

Great! 4 Bucks?!, so Castlevania HD and Dead Nation ROD for just 19bucks.. today is a great day!

+ MaceX on September 27th, 2011 at 11:38 am said:

That was a pretty awful trailer/narration/script. I hope that was intentional. Doesn’t matter though, Dead Nation was a pretty rad game, I’ll be checking out this expansion for sure.

+ leandrodeassis on September 27th, 2011 at 11:45 am said:

Really that will be U$3.99 ? Nice, i will buy it. :)

+ Azur_Rising on September 27th, 2011 at 11:57 am said:

We can download today or tomorrow?

+ KwietStorm on September 27th, 2011 at 11:57 am said:

@Old-Smuggler
Are you being sarcastic?

@MaceX
Did you see where it said in 80s iconic style?

+ Old-Smuggler on September 27th, 2011 at 12:03 pm said:

No, I thought you said the playstation store would update at 1:00pm

I’m on pacific time and still getting “no content was found” for dead nation ROD

+ Neo-CTU on September 27th, 2011 at 12:03 pm said:

What’s wrong with the U.S PlayStation Store ???? Every time I get the maintenance message :((

PAGE 1 2