Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Oct 07

Introduction to the UNCHARTED 3 Multiplayer Experience

Eric Monacelli's Avatar Posted by Eric Monacelli on Oct 07, 2011 // Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

Just a few days ago we teamed with Subway to launch the full competitive multiplayer experience for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception in the United States. We are pumped to see everyone online one month before the full game’s release on November 1st. The PlayStation.Blog spoke with Game Designer, Robert Cogburn, to learn more about what you should do when you first log on to the full competitive multiplayer experience.

When you first get online to play there are some very important menus in your profile to navigate. Not sure what kickback or load outs to use? How do you get more cash and rank up? Want to know Robert’s suggestion for the best guns and load outs for new players? Check out the video for answers to these questions and more valuable information:

Even if you have already jumped headfirst into the action, be sure to watch the video as it will provide some great pointers to help amp up your experience. If you still haven’t made that trip to Subway hopefully this video whets your appetite to get there and dive into the complete Uncharted 3 multiplayer experience.

It’s as easy as picking up any specially marked 30oz Uncharted 3 themed cup, taking the code printed on that cup, heading online to the Subway Taste for Adventure website and redeeming that Subway code. This will generate a PlayStation Store code good for a download of the full competitive Uncharted 3 multiplayer experience!

UNCHARTED 3: Taste Adventure Subway Cups

Don’t forget that not only do you get to be one of the first people to play the full competitive Uncharted 3 multiplayer experience, all aspects of your profile progress earned during the Subway Taste for Adventure carry over into the final retail copy of Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception.

Over the next few weeks, we’ll be rolling out additional updates to the full competitive Uncharted 3 multiplayer experience, including new maps and level cap increases. To kick off the second week of the promotion, we’ll be adding two brand new maps to the multiplayer experience on Monday, 10/10. So you’ll have a total of 8 competitive maps to explore! There also will be more videos with tips and info that will help maximize your Uncharted 3 multiplayer experience. Consider them your field guide and survival guide during the Subway Taste for Adventure and into the full retail release of Uncharted 3.

In-depth details about upcoming updates, the profile carry-over and its finer points, will be forthcoming as we roll up to the launch of Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception on November 1st. So stay tuned to the blog for the latest info and good fortune hunting!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ b1gm1ke2521 on October 7th, 2011 at 4:15 pm said:

Can you please put out a patch to fix the connection issues. I’ve never had this many disconnect messages in any game except for this one. I’m showing zero bars even though I have 5mb internet without any other devices connected.

+ Zoidzerg on October 7th, 2011 at 4:41 pm said:

So, uh, I played the beta when it first came out and it wasn’t much fun. Has it got better in your guys opinion?

+ angelspawn77 on October 7th, 2011 at 4:55 pm said:

Thank you guys for the fixes. Enjoying the beta, but there were some issues. I will continue to give feedback on the game and hopefully this can be a fun experience for months to come, I still played UC2 MP from time to time before this came out.

+ emiru69 on October 7th, 2011 at 5:08 pm said:

Great tips. If you don’t mind I will like to add a request regarding the respawn points. They need to improve, several times during my play time I just respawn in front on an enemy. Is there any way that the minimum distance between myself and my enemy could increase when I respawn? Thanks!

+ Teflon02 on October 7th, 2011 at 5:10 pm said:

@65.. your joking right.. if i could get cinema to convert my videos without freezing, i would upload a video just to show u how good i am, i always top my team, and im the one who usually does all the work. just doesnt make sense to have the longest respawn times out of any game other then MAG and those type of games, and ps i play battlefield and im good at it. assuming things just makes u a trolling idiot. they wanna fix the bs run and gun and melee fix the melee distance. i purposely protect those videos to prove it. and my aim in the game is great and ur forgetting theres a hit marker and it shows i always hit and the sound effect. go on ND forums u’ll see others complain about the same thing and yeah good finally theres something to slow down those people. so why cuz down sprint time if they are only goin to add stopping power.. thats upping it to much, and no matter what u or ND or anyone says, a 5 on 5 multiplayer game should never have a 10 sec respawn time. and im not a call of duty player genius.

+ Teflon02 on October 7th, 2011 at 5:11 pm said:

and i never have trouble getting medals lmao, i have a friend (which when i try play with crashes the game) who is new to uncharted and he played 5 matches and has only 16 kills and never got to use a kickback once. dont try that crap with me tho. cuz ND, insomniac and Level 5 and i guess square (final fantasy). crash 2 and ctr are in my top 10 fav games. but i cant stand playing this since yesterday ak is overpowered as well as gmal. theres nothing i dont know bout those companies and especially nd and insomniac. u want u can even look at my profile. and i can even upload videos showing how broken the multiplayer is on my games profile in the game.

+ HeLLeVeN11 on October 7th, 2011 at 5:23 pm said:

What in Canada whe get nothing??? HOLY…

+ HeLLeVeN11 on October 7th, 2011 at 5:23 pm said:

+ nick6raphael on October 7th, 2011 at 5:25 pm said:

Hey Eric, I have an important question, I gave a code for my Asian friend, he played it, I just wonder would his stat carried over to his region 3 Asia version copy when release or does it matter which version that he decided to buy?

+ Muerthoz on October 7th, 2011 at 8:15 pm said:

Over the past week I checked with 3 Subway’s in my area. 2 said they didn’t have the cups and 1 had a stack behind the counter but they said they were told not to sell them. Great promotion you got going on!

+ durrani11 on October 7th, 2011 at 9:33 pm said:

+ bakerarmy on October 7th, 2011 at 9:44 pm said:

@75, that sucks. But that is what people do. Every one is out for themselves.

Just like the Online Passes, or any company with day one DLC. They don’t care about consumers anymore.
How hard is it for a publisher to make gamestop accountable. Publishers do business with that company for reserves, bonus content, midnight sales, and alot more. Just put something in that contract, and make them puck up the tab. Publishers can’t have it both ways. Or here is a quick fix, charge me ten bucks less and if I want MP I will buy it myself. Also the online Trophies shouldn’t be part of the normal list. They should be add on and not count for 100 percent.

+ Lemm on October 7th, 2011 at 10:47 pm said:

The biggest issue with the current beta is what happened to the gunplay. The long range weapons are now completely worthless. The addition of more recoil, more restrictive hit boxes and poor hit detection, and lack of auto-aim have made Uncharted 3’s multiplayer experience incredibly unbalanced; no one uses long range weapons anymore. To make matters worse, the faster sprint combined with the aforementioned issues makes it even more difficult to aim long range weapons.

+ Freducken on October 7th, 2011 at 11:59 pm said:

Subway Franchisees are ruining the promo! First they tell me that they aren’t participating (they all are according to corporate), then they sell me a Sub and don’t give me the sticker with the codes on it. After showing them the e-mail from corporate that the sticker on the sub should be included they finally give it up. Now they say they are already sold out of the Cups, Chips and Sub Stickers and will not be getting anymore! WTF Subway? Such a fail promotion.

The girl was in the middle of making my sub, I asked about the promotion (cause all the UC3 signs were taken down), she told me they weren’t doing it anymore. I just told her to stop making the sandwich and walked out of the door. The only reason I went in was for the codes.

+ WarHawk_ on October 8th, 2011 at 12:11 am said:

Will the stats be reset?? or are the stats we have now going to stay??

+ Rene_Led on October 8th, 2011 at 12:33 am said:

@64 so you not buying Uncharted 3 just becuase YOU are dissed with the online?

Why don’t you get it for the awesome story?

Kds these days, all they care about is Multiplayer, MULTIplayer,MULTIPLAYER!
Also even worse…kids judge an online game from a Beta…Betas are not intended to be fun(ctional), they are check for errors and bugs.

+ Excelerate1 on October 8th, 2011 at 3:51 am said:

Will co op modes become available in the next couple of days/weeks or should we wait untill 11-01-11 ?

+ papolatte on October 8th, 2011 at 6:53 am said:

I eat at Subway fairly often. Shoot me a message, and when I get a spare code, I’ll send it your way.

I already have all of the downloads and don’t mind sharing the love ^.^

+ Teflon02 on October 8th, 2011 at 7:47 am said:

78 yep thats exactly what i say about everything u said lol. especially the trophies online make no sense

+ Teflon02 on October 8th, 2011 at 8:01 am said:

81 LMAO i`ll let you know, i play way more offline games number 1. number 2 it`s not a beta, are you slow. do you know how much times ND said its the full multiplayer experience. dont assume ppl are lil dumb kids. im 20 and all i wish games would do is have 4 players spit in all games multiplayer (main reason i hate respawns) cuz i dont like to have to play online. ive grew up on ND`s crash games, Snes, n64, ps1, ps2. etc. my reason is because, why buy the game if im not using the whole game. i have a friend who will lend it to me 2 weeks after it release. because i refuse to have the multiplayer paid 4. and im not even talkin =errors and bugs im talking making settings in the system ruin ur system, breaking the gameplay on Team Objective, and making it harder for those who are beginners like my friend, who said the games impossible he wont bother to try no more. and that goes to a next thing. devs need to stop this we ll fix with a update and get it right from the start. 90% of games arnt finished when released.

+ Teflon02 on October 8th, 2011 at 8:06 am said:

and i have to ask, why doesnt canada have there own ps blog since they never get most the stuff shown on here

+ PirateHarlock on October 8th, 2011 at 8:35 am said:

Whitfire78 needs to buy himself a clue instead of this game. EVERYONE is having the same problems with online not one person only. Yet he thinks hes perfect at ever online game ever and bugs don’t exist for him so he can he can come on here trolling & calling others s**z cause he likes to pretend bugs don’t exist in the game. Thats exactly the sort of garbage this hobby can do without.

+ Deathspear666 on October 8th, 2011 at 8:59 am said:

@Teflon02..Learn how to talk because half of what you said sounded like you had a mouth full of something(hmmmm) and i seriously doubt you’re as good as your boasting. To not buy a game that the MP isn’t as good as it’s story is completely retarded..You are an EPIC FAIL..derp.

@ All the people here that doesn’t understand English…THIS IS NOT A BETA!! This is the REAL MP!!!

+ Deathspear666 on October 8th, 2011 at 9:00 am said:

@Teflon02..Learn how to talk because half of what you said sounded like you had a mouth full of something(hmmmm) and i seriously doubt you’re as good as your boasting. To not buy a game that the MP isn’t as good as it’s story is completely moronic..You are an EPIC FAIL..derp.

+ Deathspear666 on October 8th, 2011 at 9:03 am said:

@PirateHarlock…You mean Teflon02 :)

+ x0xave on October 8th, 2011 at 9:20 am said:

I have a code, and I live in Canada! I’m so happy! It’s awesome!! I’m so glad! I’m so happy I’m being Elena! She’s my favorite, and Marlowes wicked!

+ frankenteen on October 8th, 2011 at 11:36 am said:

Arne, if you’ve one a code from various contests on the internet, or had a friend in the US give you a code to redeem the MP, will you’re stats still carry over? (for example im in canada and have a code)

+ Mnky_Let_It_Rain on October 8th, 2011 at 11:55 am said:

91st woooo looo loooo take that Anthony !!!

+ soldiercell on October 8th, 2011 at 12:33 pm said:

Just cancelled my pre-order! Multiplayer servers are terrible! I die in two shots everyone else takes 2 rockets a grenade and two punches in the face! If your one of those players with a crappy connection this is the game for you! You’ll own!

+ jasonmask on October 8th, 2011 at 12:59 pm said:

So we have to sign up on subways web site and give information like our email so they can flood our inbox with junk?

+ Ninkujin on October 8th, 2011 at 1:10 pm said:

I love the whiny brats on here who complain about how bad the suck and than say the game is garbage.

U3 is great and i can’t wait for the release and thank you Naughty Dog for this 2nd Beta so that on release day we can have a smooth running experience!

+ Yelzah_802 on October 8th, 2011 at 1:14 pm said:

The first portal should come to the Playstation Network Store! Come on people! We want the first Portal to come to the PS store!

+ station3fever on October 8th, 2011 at 1:52 pm said:

+ Teflon02 on October 8th, 2011 at 2:43 pm said:

please tell me your joking lolfirst of all ur the one trolling, cuz ur just talking bare crap with no facts, cuz im good in the game even with all the issues. and a next person just said they arnt buying cuz they have the issues i have. my video shows how much i have to do to kill and i still do great. and top my team, whats ur point. and dont put words in peoples mouths, i didnt say the multiplayer has to b as good as single player idiot. i was saying the multiplayers horrible, i`ll borrow the game and beat single player, trophies and what not. i have so much games here with proof of everything i say. and i said its the full multiplayer already, which is why i said im not buying this, cuz the real multiplayer unless on the last week is way better isnt even worth being on the disc

+ Teflon02 on October 8th, 2011 at 2:45 pm said:

93, thank u someone who sees the issues. even tho i it doesnt stop me from playing, it ruins the games balance obviously, last chance to fix this is this month, im watching ND to see if they deserve to be so highly rated.

+ ima_crash_u on October 8th, 2011 at 3:21 pm said:

yeaa im down with a lot of these comments the multiplay is all over the place i get it uu just need too upgrade your wepons too ease up your fire but still L3 too sprint hmm an ofcourse the granades all over the place ill stick with my luv U2 till i can get this on sale ASAP

+ jay-rad44 on October 8th, 2011 at 4:52 pm said:

@ Teflon02

U must have a crappy system because apparently your game crashes alot. This series by naughty dog is one of the best i have ever played. Go play final fantasy or something and stop trollin.

+ jay-rad44 on October 8th, 2011 at 4:53 pm said:

@ telfon02

learn to speak english

+ knicksrulez220 on October 8th, 2011 at 6:15 pm said:

Thanks for the reply about the soundtrack Eric. If you guys are releasing one, then I’ll definetely pick it up.

And on a 2nd note it is incredible how people have no idea how to type properly. It is so annoying to have these little kids running around acting all stupid. If you have a complaint, there are more mature ways of letting it out. Half of you guys who are complaining seem like idiots by the way you type. And I hope Naughty Dog ignores you.

Just act mature and I’m sure they’ll listen if you have problems.

+ d1d-d1d on October 8th, 2011 at 7:29 pm said:

need a code none of my subways near me have one of those cups wasted around 60 dollars dissapointing

+ Takarashi282 on October 8th, 2011 at 8:33 pm said:

The sad thing is the Subway Beta does not have the Co-op Adventure option. :(

+ Tayzilla79 on October 8th, 2011 at 9:43 pm said:

Drake’s Fortune was the reason I bought a PS3 and I love the series. I’ve brought it up at the NaughtyDog forum, but wanted to relay the fact that the Freezing is so frustrating. Sometimes I can’t even get through a whole match and I know it’s not my ‘net connection. I hope they fix it soon and can’t really complain about anything else….especially since it’s free. I can’t wait ’til 11-1-11

+ xThe1x on October 8th, 2011 at 11:33 pm said:

Im happy all Canadians are handicapped right off the bat for U3 MP as people will have been playing the maps for a month……

+ Mel_Gibson_bwww on October 9th, 2011 at 12:27 am said:

the “Sugar Buddy” booster is not working.

+ GMFCO311 on October 9th, 2011 at 2:34 am said:

Cant wait til Nov 1st. Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, got a lil too overly excited there!

+ auron1014 on October 9th, 2011 at 4:58 am said:

please bring back the tons of unlockable clothing options by getting all those different treasure sets! I think it’s a lot more exciting and fun to get a new piece of clothing by completing a treasure set than just having them all available (depending on your level) and just buying different pieces and buying them for sometimes ridiculous amounts of money. That was actually one of my favorite things about the beta and made it really addicting to get all the treasures that popped up to see what item you unlocked at the end of the match.

Also, I miss the option to customize the characters like Drake and Sully with different clothing options. Other than that, I’m really enjoying the game! Can’t wait for the release in November!

+ Teflon02 on October 9th, 2011 at 6:01 am said:

@jay-rad44 Who’s trolling… Clearly you.
Lol (abbreviation translation: Laugh out loud) no my system works perfect actually, and whats your point, so far uncharted 2 is my favorite game of the generation. Oh and actually I play final fantasy and own all the PSOne Classic downloads but tactics and have over 85 hours in XIII, is that suppose to be a diss..

Make sense if your going to reply to someone. Trolling is exactly what your doing, because anyone who replied to me has always made dumb assumptions and hate on the facts. If people like me don’t complain then the game will always suffer from being unbalanced. Also my game only froze on party and in cinema, if u stop trolling and look it up, they were issues. Plus they are not even doing it anymore.

Also, you are aware North Americans don’t speak proper English firstly? Secondly, I speak perfect English thank you. Furthermore, I’m typing to you idiot, shows how much trolls intelligence level is at. Finally, I’m not dumb so I’ll let you know, trolling ignorant person like you, gives PlayStation Fans like me a bad name. SMDH (or do you want that in English.. abbreviations might be to hard for you. Shake My Damn Head).

+ Teflon02 on October 9th, 2011 at 6:15 am said:

@100 Thank you!!! Thats all I’m saying !!
My bro hears me complain when playing and thought I sucked and that was why. Until yesterday, he actually watched me and was like, “WOW, I thought you were just being a sore loser, but everything you said wasn’t a lie.” He even say the grenade BS, where I through a grenade infront of a player (3 uncharted steps ahead of him) and he even had the treasure jogging and you know he slowly jogged by it and it didn’t blow until he wasn’t in close distance nor did it make him drop the treasure SMH. I think I’m doin a montage of the multiplayer BS I get lol.

+ KaspeR69er on October 9th, 2011 at 7:07 am said:

I dont know about anyone else but since canada is getting left out of the promotion im refusing to pick up this game. Way to go guys..

+ TehSweetehMahn on October 9th, 2011 at 8:42 am said:

Teflon, I don’t know what’s the sense of you complaining here instead of on the ND forums, where you know, ND goes to listen. And if you really aren’t going to buy Uncharted 3 because you find the MP not to be in your favor, then lol@u

PAGE 1 2 3