PS4-The Order

Introduction to the UNCHARTED 3 Multiplayer Experience

Eric Monacelli's Avatar + Posted by Eric Monacelli on Oct 07, 2011 // Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

Like UNCHARTED

Just a few days ago we teamed with Subway to launch the full competitive multiplayer experience for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception in the United States. We are pumped to see everyone online one month before the full game’s release on November 1st. The PlayStation.Blog spoke with Game Designer, Robert Cogburn, to learn more about what you should do when you first log on to the full competitive multiplayer experience.

When you first get online to play there are some very important menus in your profile to navigate. Not sure what kickback or load outs to use? How do you get more cash and rank up? Want to know Robert’s suggestion for the best guns and load outs for new players? Check out the video for answers to these questions and more valuable information:

Even if you have already jumped headfirst into the action, be sure to watch the video as it will provide some great pointers to help amp up your experience. If you still haven’t made that trip to Subway hopefully this video whets your appetite to get there and dive into the complete Uncharted 3 multiplayer experience.

UNCHARTED 3: Taste Adventure Subway Cups

Don’t forget that not only do you get to be one of the first people to play the full competitive Uncharted 3 multiplayer experience, all aspects of your profile progress earned during the Subway Taste for Adventure carry over into the final retail copy of Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception.

Over the next few weeks, we’ll be rolling out additional updates to the full competitive Uncharted 3 multiplayer experience, including new maps and level cap increases. To kick off the second week of the promotion, we’ll be adding two brand new maps to the multiplayer experience on Monday, 10/10. So you’ll have a total of 8 competitive maps to explore! There also will be more videos with tips and info that will help maximize your Uncharted 3 multiplayer experience. Consider them your field guide and survival guide during the Subway Taste for Adventure and into the full retail release of Uncharted 3.

In-depth details about upcoming updates, the profile carry-over and its finer points, will be forthcoming as we roll up to the launch of Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception on November 1st. So stay tuned to the blog for the latest info and good fortune hunting!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ TRixation on October 7th, 2011 at 7:21 am said:

So glad this is available for free on Playstation+ Best game EVER MADE! End Of!

+ rafael_martines on October 7th, 2011 at 7:25 am said:

Dammit! Why Subway don’t do that here in Brazil? :'(

+ proskatercam on October 7th, 2011 at 7:25 am said:

Will there be a level cap increase on 10/10 to compliment the new maps? If not, when is the first level cap increase going to happen?

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on October 7th, 2011 at 8:20 am said:

We’re rolling out more videos about the full competitive multiplayer experience and will have information about the level cap increase timing very soon. Be sure to check back here on the PS Blog.

+ west43rd on October 7th, 2011 at 7:29 am said:

I love this line:

“It’s as easy as picking up any specially marked 30oz Uncharted 3 themed cup, taking the code printed on that cup, heading online to the Subway Taste for Adventure website and redeeming that Subway code. This will generate a PlayStation Store code good for a download of the full competitive Uncharted 3 multiplayer experience!”

Isn’t this another way of saying, “It’s really friggin’ complicated.”

+ Kryshalis on October 7th, 2011 at 7:32 am said:

What about trophies? Do we earn them now? Will they unlock as soon as we put the disc for the full game in?

+ jazzyrider on October 7th, 2011 at 7:35 am said:

Thanks for the tips! Can’t wait to try this out. Any single player rewards?

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on October 7th, 2011 at 8:22 am said:

Via this promotion you’re getting the full multiplayer Uncharted 3 experience right now! Single player goodness hits on 11.1.11.

+ KJTiger on October 7th, 2011 at 7:36 am said:

KML some people.Sn: luv subway great deal/partnership!!!!!

+ Logan22 on October 7th, 2011 at 7:39 am said:

What about things like the Naughty Dog guns and foot long taunt? The game says they are unlocked through Subway codes but they do not show up as rewards when you do use a Subway code. Will the Subway site/rewards update too like the game eventually? Or do we have to unlock them via other methods like achieving medals or rank.

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on October 7th, 2011 at 7:40 am said:

I JUST HAVE ONE QUESTION..WILL THERE BE MORE ATTIRE ..AND WEAPONS..ALTHOUGH IT REALLY DOESNT MATTER BECAUSE IT TAKES MORE THAN A CLIP SOMETIMES TO KILL ONE PERSON..SMH.I MUST SSAY THOUGH I AM REALLY ENJOYING THE “MAGIC DUST” KICK BACK..AS SOON AS IM GETTING AMBUSHED WITH THE PRESS OF THE UP BUTTON I DISAPPEAR ..ITS JUST EPIC! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND PROMOTIONS..ND.CANT WAIT FOR MY COLLECTORS EDITION IN NOV 1.

+ StealthSnyper on October 7th, 2011 at 7:41 am said:

lol “sniper no sniping”!!!

+ JFCaro on October 7th, 2011 at 7:46 am said:

Yet, here in Canada, we get absolutely nothing… Not cool at all while Europe and US enjoy the game…

+ MauriGzz on October 7th, 2011 at 7:46 am said:

Here’s me hoping it’s the Facility and the Museum.

+ MoneyMaker110 on October 7th, 2011 at 7:48 am said:

the subway i went to wasn’t participating so i didn’t participate in buying anything. hope i can get a code somehow.

+ trustter on October 7th, 2011 at 7:53 am said:

Please fix the MP issues that everybody was listing in the forum.

+ Bolduk on October 7th, 2011 at 7:58 am said:

Yeah [DELETED] you Canadian Subways, and Sony Canada. Wtf are you existing for anyway??

+ Dantes_Ragnarok on October 7th, 2011 at 8:02 am said:

the multiplayer looks fantstic, and you guys are going share some codes with us here right? ;)

+ QCVic on October 7th, 2011 at 8:03 am said:

Sweet. I’m anxious for the new maps. When will the five dollar foot long taunt code be available?

+ Sir_Dr_JM on October 7th, 2011 at 8:03 am said:

Sucks that us Canadians are missing out! ='(
Got my Collector’s Edition on Preorder!!

Waiting for news on the Contest for Canadians!

+ Whitefire78 on October 7th, 2011 at 8:11 am said:

Great, like the new patches. Keep trying to balance the game and the multiplayer will rival even the best this holiday season.

+ rera121989 on October 7th, 2011 at 8:18 am said:

NICE, I’m reaching level 35 just in time for next week so i can level up even further. Can’t wait for the full game to launch… thanks to Subway we get an early start :))

+ Airwalkinman17 on October 7th, 2011 at 8:22 am said:

Making a trip to Subway today. But DANG! I have R3, Dead Island, Rage, Darks Souls, Ico/Shadow of the Collossus keeping me busy. AND I work full time, plus go to school. Still though. Going to squeeze in time for my fave hobby and U3. Keep em coming. Gaming season is full throttle right now!

+ zzamaro on October 7th, 2011 at 8:39 am said:

My Subrway didn’t have those cups and they only have the chips :( damn…

+ KILLZONE79 on October 7th, 2011 at 8:59 am said:

our local subway was couple days late on providing the promo 32oz drinks but at least i finally got the mulltiplayer beta now :)

+ Pesico on October 7th, 2011 at 9:00 am said:

The last update was really good. Blindfire+Melee can now easily be defended against in most situations.

Looking forward to see the new maps.

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on October 7th, 2011 at 9:29 am said:

Awesome! Glad you’re enjoying the experience. Be ready for some more awesomeness over the next few weeks. Keep posting up your feedback and comments.

+ StealthReborn– on October 7th, 2011 at 9:15 am said:

I don’t usually complain, but it seems that Canada is once again getting the shaft.

US: Subway promotion.
UK: PS+ members get in.
Canada: Squat.

It’s very dissapointing. We very rarely get anything up here.

+ StealthReborn– on October 7th, 2011 at 9:17 am said:

Oh and not to mention, that we’ll probably be massacred for awhile because everyone will be already massively leveled up and have all the unlocks…boo. =(

+ Shadow-Man_4 on October 7th, 2011 at 9:18 am said:

Hi Arne, err, Eric! Welcome to the community! Why don’t you post on the forum? Nice to see a new Community Strategist, I hope you post and keep updating us about issues more frequently on the Naughty Dog forums.

Just wanted to drop by and say Hi! :)

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on October 7th, 2011 at 9:30 am said:

Thanks! I’ve been on the forums but since I’m the new guy it was under a different handle. I’ll definitely be on the forums much more often now. Thanks for your participation and see ya online!

+ saab01 on October 7th, 2011 at 9:24 am said:

Hey so i already maxed out at level 35. Any word if we still play now and i am collecting cash will it than automatically rank me up to a higher level like in the past. For those of use who played Uncharted 2 if we remember the Level cap increase from level 60 to 80. Everyone who was still playing after the cap of 60 still ranked up automatically without playing all over again. I really hope this is the case.

Overall i think the game is pretty solid i am still disappointed to not see a no party team death match. The maps are pretty cool so far my favorite has to be the one with the sand storm i cant recall it now.

Something else to talk about for some reason there is so much blind fire in the game which i think is ridiculous i don’t think its possible for me to be aiming and not be able to kill someone in the game and than if someone just runs my way blind firing than i am killed. This is something to look into.

+ cywulf21 on October 7th, 2011 at 9:33 am said:

Subways really needs to work on those codes they put in the cups. They are next to impossible to understand. I had one the other day and was never able to redeem it because 3 of the 8 characters are illegible. I tried many combinations and had no luck.

+ PirateHarlock on October 7th, 2011 at 9:48 am said:

This game has numerous bugs that need to be dealt with. No doubt with the release date a few weeks away many bugs will be making an appearance on disc much the same as what happened with R3 resulting in large patches after release. That is not acceptable nor is locking long time characters like chloe & elena off from multiplayer requiring hours of online play before they’re even usable. Those issues are enough to put off my purchase for quite a while. Let someone else be suckered into beta testing after a full price purchase. As I’ve said before the PSN pass is a deal killer for both myself and many others. That moved it from a purchase later on when the bugs are resolved to a non starter. both Naughty Dog & Sony should’ve taken lessons from the launch of Resistance 3 a month ago. The problems I’ve listed are very close between the two, added to that its a season crowded with several other very high profile releases. I’ve played UC2 online quite heavily and just went back to get a greatest hits copy of the original game to start in on. I hate to see a good series like this take bad hits like this when its entirely avoidable.

+ Arcadian_Rebel on October 7th, 2011 at 9:51 am said:

Awesome! Two new maps and more levels, yay! :D

+ GameOverGreggy on October 7th, 2011 at 10:32 am said:

I’d beat the pants off of Cogburn any day of the week.

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on October 7th, 2011 at 1:29 pm said:

I believe Cogburn will accept this challenge.

+ ricanboss225 on October 7th, 2011 at 10:36 am said:

Free code : GGA6-R9NK-ENCR

+ KwietStorm on October 7th, 2011 at 10:43 am said:

Please for the love of all things holy turn down the accuracy on the blindfire

+ rui725 on October 7th, 2011 at 10:50 am said:

Send me a code please I don’t live in us so it sucks

+ LovesJapanManga on October 7th, 2011 at 10:57 am said:

Um… When will we get new codes from Subway to unlock Drake’s gesture of “Five Footlong Sandwich” gesture? Also to unlock Naughty Dog’s 9MM Gun…I believe…? Please let us know, thank you.

+ pickupdoctor on October 7th, 2011 at 10:59 am said:

I am loving this, been sharing my medals on Facebook, and telling all my friends to get to Subway and get their Uncharted on.

I will see you all this weekend. I haven’t played in 2 days, feeling withdrawals already.

Also I am super excited about new maps and I was wandering will we get any of the old maps from Uncharted 2 in Uncharted 3, that would be awesome?

+ ButtersThaatsMe on October 7th, 2011 at 11:07 am said:

How do you unlock the $5 Footlong Taunt, the Hero Subway Shirt, the Naughty Dog AK-47 and Naughty Dog pistol? I have put in at least 10 codes and can’t figure out how to get them…

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on October 7th, 2011 at 1:31 pm said:

Those are only available via a code you can earn from Subway cups. The codes are printed randomly. Good luck and good hunting!

+ newsense2008 on October 7th, 2011 at 11:21 am said:

Yeah what about the 5 dollar footlong taunt and Naughty Dog AK?

+ newsense2008 on October 7th, 2011 at 11:23 am said:

@ButtersThaatsMe If you put in 10 codes your name really fits you.

+ JoeTheBeast16 on October 7th, 2011 at 11:29 am said:

I played the heck out of the beta, and couldnt get enough, and for a while after getting this i couldn’t figure out why i didn’t like it, and then i remembered that on the beta i pretty much only played the Coop modes. So while i don’t like the purely competitive multiplayer experience, i do like the coop, i’ll just have to wait for the full game to come out for me to enjoy it.
Collector’s Edition is being very very highly anticipated.
And i’m getting Double Points for it at Gamestop!!!! LOOOOOVE ITTTT!!!

+ PatriotEyez27 on October 7th, 2011 at 11:38 am said:

SniperNoSniping!

ahhahahahah

+ dreww3 on October 7th, 2011 at 11:39 am said:

wooot love uncharted 3!

+ ARISHOCK01 on October 7th, 2011 at 11:41 am said:

Is Uncharted 3 Mp going to be free for the normal user :D ?

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on October 7th, 2011 at 1:32 pm said:

Of course! Once the full retail version launches on 11.1.2011 any one with a copy of Uncharted 3 can play the full multiplayer game.

+ bsholmes1993 on October 7th, 2011 at 11:49 am said:

Will we get rewards for beating and platinuming both uncharted 1 and 2. ANd for getting all trophies in uncharted 2.

+ Zookey on October 7th, 2011 at 11:55 am said:

It says in the multiplayer that the 5 dollar footlong taunt is accessed through a code from Subway–yet when I redeem a code it’s not an available prize–how do I get that taunt?

+ acerotex on October 7th, 2011 at 11:56 am said:

How to get Footlong Taunt ????????????

+ Rene_Led on October 7th, 2011 at 11:57 am said:

Just 1 question:
Why are the custom (male) charcaters all bald?
I was honestly expecting that this (final?) version of the multiplayer would have had hair options….I would’ve like to given my custom charcater some hair.

+ acerotex on October 7th, 2011 at 11:59 am said:

HOW TO GET FOOTLONG TAUNT ??? I PUT ALL THE CODES AND NOTHING…NO CHOISE FOR THIS..

+ zombie9 on October 7th, 2011 at 12:00 pm said:

I got in a little late and every one is at lvl 35. wow that fast!!! also could not understand half the people in there they was speaking some other form of English other than English. For it being an only in America promotion There wasn’t very many Americans in there. LOL :) will be playing tonight/tomarrow can’t wait to play new levels!!!!

PAGE 1 2 3