PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Get Ready: PS Vita is Coming February 22nd

Jack Tretton's Avatar + Posted by Jack Tretton on Oct 18, 2011 // President & CEO

This afternoon on stage at the Web 2.0 Summit in San Francisco, I shared some very exciting news that I know the PlayStation Nation has been anticipating since we unveiled PlayStation Vita back in January. For those looking to get their hands on the ultimate in handheld entertainment, I’m thrilled to let you know that starting on February 22, 2012, PS Vita will be available at major retailers in the United States, Canada, Latin America, and Europe.

PlayStation Vita North America 3G packaging

Our first-party studios and an army of publishing partners have been extremely hard at work to ensure that PS Vita launches with a vast library of titles that deliver unique gameplay experiences that go beyond any handheld or mobile device on the market. We have more than 100 games currently in development globally that span many different genres, including Sound Shapes, Resistance: Burning Skies, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Capcom’s Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed, EA Sports’ FIFA, Activision’s Call of Duty, and numerous others that you’ll hear about in the months ahead.

I’ve had the chance to spend some time with several of these titles and I think you’ll be blown away by how each takes advantage of the technology packed into PS Vita to deliver amazing gaming experiences. With its vibrant 5-inch OLED screen, dual analog sticks, dual cameras, and front and rear touch panel, PS Vita will deliver rich, immersive games with stunning graphics, which simply can’t be found anywhere else. Now you’ll be able to play shooters and action titles on-the-go with controls that are familiar, and you won’t have to block out the gorgeous screen to interact with the games.

In addition to the deep portfolio of games, you’ll also have access to native social applications – near and Party – that help you connect with your friends and fellow PS Vita owners. We also recently announced that PS Vita will have your favorite social networking applications like Facebook, foursquare, Skype, and Twitter, so you can share and connect with friends. With PS Vita, you can enjoy the best handheld gaming experience available and stay connected to the people and interests you care about.

It’s never been a better time to be a part of PlayStation Nation and I can’t wait for you to experience this revolutionary handheld system. Stay tuned for more exciting updates as we near the February 22, 2012 launch!

380 Comments

PAGE 1 6 7 8

+ arcadean1 on October 20th, 2011 at 7:05 am said:

Hallelujah! It’s about time already, I had all but given up hope on a release date, but this is a relief. Thank You Mr. Tretton for making my day. Long LIVE Playstation!

+ ZCOD_ZoMbIe_MoDz on October 20th, 2011 at 1:53 pm said:

FACEBOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ SuperSaiyajin22 on October 21st, 2011 at 5:45 pm said:

when it gets release im gonna buy it cant wait

+ xxspeedy198k on October 22nd, 2011 at 9:46 pm said:

I’m definitly gettn this and the best part is that it comes out on my b-day!!!

+ misteryboy7 on October 22nd, 2011 at 11:32 pm said:

This may be a dumb question but can it connct to a device like a bluetooth? And will it be playing games like killzone (Killzone 4 would be pretty cool). Can you connect it to thing like the ps3 or a computer or even a t.v.?

+ Cxplorer_Qc_Can on October 23rd, 2011 at 9:44 am said:

I can’t wait!

+ Harry73127 on October 23rd, 2011 at 10:38 am said:

It’s a bummer that the Vita is carried only by AT&T, but with AT&T being a GSM network, will the Vita be able to connect to other GSM networks in other countries?

+ phillip417ph on October 23rd, 2011 at 2:36 pm said:

I want it to be earlier they could be nice and make it January.

I’m gettingg it anyway but please earlier

+ maddavid13 on October 23rd, 2011 at 6:01 pm said:

Hehe Good Luck 3DS lool!!!!!

+ Blakkternalx520 on October 24th, 2011 at 5:35 am said:

Now that I’m in Cambodia, I’m wondering how I can get a vita when it launches. Should I get the Japanese vita or will the vita release in Thailand?? Because on there site, they don’t even mention ps vita. I hope.it won’t be hard to man one. I’m really concerned about this. Without a vita, I might hurt someone.

+ J1K3L4I5H6 on October 24th, 2011 at 7:20 am said:

Will the augmented reality cards come with it and will it have youtube and netflix and hulu plus?

+ daimarion on October 24th, 2011 at 4:53 pm said:

Febuary 2222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222 yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

+ spartan5585 on October 25th, 2011 at 12:39 pm said:

COOL BEANS!!!!…i cant wait to get it next year, it has everything that ive always wanted in a psp and more, im so glad and proud that im a PS fan =D

+ chickengrasshead on October 25th, 2011 at 6:13 pm said:

Are you serious !!!! Japan and Hong Kong just announced that they are releasing in December. Can I at least have mine before or on Christmas ??

+ coolkeke33 on November 1st, 2011 at 6:45 pm said:

ain’t gettin it. Too expensive. You have all these messed up confusions about the memory cards and downloading restritions. I’m just gonna wait till the price is lower.

+ pieman464 on November 4th, 2011 at 3:14 pm said:

I sooo want to get the PS vita because I broke my PSP 3000

+ pieman464 on November 4th, 2011 at 3:14 pm said:

So that would be nice.

+ pieman464 on November 4th, 2011 at 3:26 pm said:

I’m totally going to try to save up for that because it’s got everything a gamer wants, u can have friends for the 1st time ever on any portable system made by sony. So the original PSP’s suck compared to the PS vita.
:]

+ TheEpicness_11 on November 4th, 2011 at 6:26 pm said:

Will it have all of the Features of a PS3.

+ latog808 on November 7th, 2011 at 9:39 pm said:

dam i want ps vita now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why do we have to wate so long ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

+ latog808 on November 7th, 2011 at 9:41 pm said:

@theEpicness_11… : yes the graphics of the ps vita will have the same quality as the ps3

+ latog808 on November 7th, 2011 at 9:42 pm said:

gh

+ latog808 on November 7th, 2011 at 9:44 pm said:

this scks i need ps vita!!!!!!!!!!! psp suck, sorry sony. goodbye psp go and hello ps vita

+ latog808 on November 7th, 2011 at 9:46 pm said:

goodbye psp go and hello ps vita

+ latog808 on November 7th, 2011 at 9:47 pm said:

why sony u treat us and other countrys badly

+ latog808 on November 7th, 2011 at 9:47 pm said:

grdesgegtrersgergewqrgwergrgwegrgeferg

+ CommandingTiger on November 9th, 2011 at 5:56 pm said:

Is it possible to have Vita themes?

+ IMmORTAL_78 on November 10th, 2011 at 10:13 am said:

gana pick my VITA at midnite god i love everytghing about this

+ chrmp on November 11th, 2011 at 12:55 pm said:

the Vita will have flash?

+ mdkfuzz187 on November 12th, 2011 at 4:23 pm said:

I’m really considering a pre-order, but been reading some conflicting reports about psone classics support. Hoping to find some clarification here, as the system and games just look phenomenal.. I’ve been reading statements that say that psone classics, will not be supported, however there are conflicting reports that state they will not be supported at launch, so my question is will there be an update or support added in a future firmware update perhaps? If it will eventually be added (and no less than 6 months preferably lolz), then I’m definitely sold and will be running down to my local gamestop to place my pre-order. Any helps or links to info would be greatly appreciated. :D

PAGE 1 6 7 8