PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Ratchet & Clank All 4 One Launches Today! See How It Starts

James Stevenson's Avatar + Posted by James Stevenson on Oct 18, 2011 // Community Lead, Insomniac Games

Insomniac Games is proud to announce the release of Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One in North America. The first four-player co-op Ratchet & Clank game finds Ratchet, Clank, Qwark, and Dr. Nefarious captured by the mysterious Creature Collector and transported to the dangerous Planet Magnus. The four will have to work together to survive the planet, and unravel its mysteries. Featuring a huge and upgradable weapon arsenal, All 4 One will take players on a journey through vibrant environments and breathtaking vistas, pitting you against seemingly invincible creatures and robotic minions of the Creature Collector. The optional stereoscopic 3D support brings the 3D CG movie experience at home so you can experience Ratchet & Clank in a whole new way.

To get you even more excited – we wanted to bring you the first cinematic from the game that sets the stage for our heroes’ intergalactic adventure:

We’ve got even more great content for you to check out today as well. Want to see the Behind the Scenes and learn how All 4 One was made? Check out the first Dev Diary from the folks in North Carolina!

That’s all for now, we hope to see and play with you online tonight on planet Magnus! Dibs on Qwark!

38 Comments

+ axhi246 on October 18th, 2011 at 8:40 am said:

It’s really a shame that this game was not marketed as well as Resistance 3, considering Resistance 3 did not do so well for the first month and that this is probably going to be better than the last two Ratchet and Clank games.

+ Gray_Fox_Leader on October 18th, 2011 at 8:44 am said:

is this game out already?

+ fedex682 on October 18th, 2011 at 8:51 am said:

I thnk Sony/Insomniac have killed what to me is the greatest Playstation frachise. For starters, there is hardly any ad any info or any hype on the game. Second, you choose to release the game on the same day as Arkham City. Third, we 11 hrs in after the game was released and we are yet to see a review on the net. What is Insomniac afraid of? Do you guys not want your game to succeed? I had hopes of seeing a Ratchet and Clank collection after ‘All 4 one’ (I would buy that over Uncharted or any other game!!) and now I see some horrible sales. It is a no brainer. This game is not going to sell!

Thanks for killing an awesome franchise…..

+ Blade133 on October 18th, 2011 at 8:52 am said:

I’m dying to know, just how does one get murdered by a loofah sponge? See ya online James! I’ll be the guy throwing everybody off cliffs.

+ Carl-G on October 18th, 2011 at 9:05 am said:

EXCELLENT! ! ! :P I got all of the R&C games in the past;)

+ MaxxAmmo on October 18th, 2011 at 9:08 am said:

Looks amazing, great job Insomniac! Pleez keep the R&C games coming!!

+ dilbig5 on October 18th, 2011 at 9:14 am said:

@fedex682

Did you play the Beta? It’s more a less the same as other Ratchet and Clank games except it adds 4-player co-op. Why do you care about sales? It’s not like that is going to affect you in any way.

+ fedex682 on October 18th, 2011 at 9:18 am said:

@dilbig5

Yes I loved the Beta! I am a big fan of the game and I am going to get the game…I am just worried that less sales may affect the franchise in general.

I seriously want a R&C HD collection. I am not sure whether I would get that if this game bombs. Do you see where I am going with it?

+ ubetter on October 18th, 2011 at 9:22 am said:

Waiting for 10am, so I can pick up my copy at best buy. Love this series.

+ EPRaider08 on October 18th, 2011 at 9:38 am said:

Picking up my copy later today. Ratchet and Clank is one of my favourite game series of all time, and this one looks awesome.

On a side note, a R&C HD Collection would be awesome. I’m mainly talking about the 4 original PS2 R&C games, not the PSP to PS2 ports. Ratchet and Clank and Going Commando could be in one collection and Up Your Arsenal and Deadlocked could be in another collection. I would buy that the day it comes out.

+ Moneybags118 on October 18th, 2011 at 9:42 am said:

Won’t be getting mine until the 24th because of Amazon shipping. Cool thing is that I’ll be gone from the 20th -23rd so I wouldn’t of been able to play it at all this weekend anyways B)

But yeah I totally agree with EPRaider08. I miss the origional PS2 Ratchets D:

+ rjejr on October 18th, 2011 at 9:51 am said:

Any word on the PS+ full game trial? I know somebody on here said we were getting one a few weeks back but not a peep about it since then.

+ MaxxAmmo on October 18th, 2011 at 9:51 am said:

@Moneybags118 – Just a note that Amazon offers ‘Release Day Shipping’ for only .99 cents. I’ve done it and you get it UPS the day the game is released, well worth the .99 cents IMO.

+ TheGuardianFID on October 18th, 2011 at 9:55 am said:

I bought it last night with Batman AC: CE, two AWESOME games, way to go Insomniac!!! 8)

+ Moneybags118 on October 18th, 2011 at 10:22 am said:

@MazzAmmo: I saw that option, but I guess my dad didn’t XD It’s cool though because it comes at a good time for me. Can’t wait to play :)

+ krae_man on October 18th, 2011 at 10:23 am said:

I hope it’s in my mailbox when I get home from work.

+ sekaniy on October 18th, 2011 at 10:55 am said:

I just picked it up from GS with my Mr. Zurkon bonus. Cant really get into it until weekend with kids. :( They wont be able to focus on no school work all week if we start tonight. But I appreciate Insomniac and supported them first over Batman. Think Batman will do good no matter what, I want to help R&C first so they will continue the franchise. Remeber Insomniac is one of the few developers that didn’t give up on their PS2 work, unlike Jak, Sly (Sly 4 isn’t being done by SP). They might start making it multi for 360 if sales are low and no support.
Of course the marketing could be a little better.

+ xjordan93 on October 18th, 2011 at 11:03 am said:

will it be available for download on ps store today?

+ Williamsky on October 18th, 2011 at 11:48 am said:

I preordered at Gamestop but I bought it at Target instead since it comes with a code for a free download of R&C:Quest For Booty.

+ RJF1991 on October 18th, 2011 at 12:11 pm said:

It looks like Batman Arkham City will have to wait, my love for Ratchet is far to great :D

+ D-Squad3 on October 18th, 2011 at 1:27 pm said:

Hope for the best for this game.

+ Welmosca on October 18th, 2011 at 1:30 pm said:

just awesome…cant wait to get my copy….I love ratchet series…and this dev diary was amazing.

+ Kanashimi on October 18th, 2011 at 2:28 pm said:

I won’t lie, I’m really upset because I pre-ordered this from Amazon with the “Release Day Delivery”, and it’s coming tomorrow. My friend always bought it and he’s being nice by not playing without me, but we both work tomorrow. I can’t way to play this game. I already love Dr. N so it will be nice to see how all the characters interact. I really love the banter I’ve seen so far in trailers, clips, etc.

+ JH-FallenReaper on October 18th, 2011 at 3:39 pm said:

im thinking of getting batman but ratchet was my favorite game in the ps2 and i have to have his back batman can wait till christmas!!

+ wolfzero1 on October 18th, 2011 at 4:03 pm said:

I love the R&C series, but it really sucks that it had to come out the same day as Batman,

+ SchitzoTiger on October 18th, 2011 at 4:13 pm said:

I think the only thing that could make the series better at this point is an MMO. I just picked up my copy and I’m off to play it now :D

+ DarkMegamanSX900 on October 18th, 2011 at 4:14 pm said:

This Game Is EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ DarkMegamanSX900 on October 18th, 2011 at 4:15 pm said:

BATMAN CAN WAIT BUT WHEN MW3 AND U3 COMES OUT I FELL SORRY FOR BATMAN

+ FonFahbre on October 18th, 2011 at 5:09 pm said:

During these hard times when we get clusters of great games, sacrifices need to be made for the sake of our wallets. Ratchet and Clank is one of those games I cannot refuse no matter what.

+ sekaniy on October 18th, 2011 at 5:39 pm said:

Ratchet will pwn Batman and turn him into a dinosaur!! LOL

+ subbed on October 20th, 2011 at 7:12 am said:

I for the most part love Ratchet games but this game so far is well below standard.

+ pokemonplayer98 on October 21st, 2011 at 6:47 pm said:

Already bought so fun

+ pokemonplayer98 on October 21st, 2011 at 6:50 pm said:

It’s annoying due to a few glitches such as when an enemy hits clank and he’s floating in the air and have to go back to the menu and do that all over again

+ Noaxzl on October 21st, 2011 at 7:00 pm said:

I’m really disappointed with you guys on this one. Right now, I can’t afford to spend as much money as I used to on games that I like, so I had to rent this game from a Redbox kiosk. It’s bad enough that you’re asking me to pay $10 just so I can play with my friends online, many of which are real-life friends that I don’t live near anymore. But just out of curiosity, I checked on the PSN store to see if the pass was available. I couldn’t find the friggin’ thing anywhere. I checked disc-based add-on downloads and saw the Resistance 3 online pass, but not the All 4 One pass. This effectively screws second-hand buyers out of the online multiplayer completely.

Have you seen The Jimquisition or Extra Credits? They talked about why this whole Online Pass scheme is a bad way to get some compensation from used buyers and suggested some better ideas.

+ bonogo123 on October 23rd, 2011 at 3:40 am said:

I cant get the game at the moment but I think and hope its gonna be the best game out of all of the R & C series! OMG

+ foodlionslave on October 23rd, 2011 at 5:42 am said:

I got this one on day one. It’s really cool. I haven’t tried the co-op yet because I want to get the one player experience 1st. Thank you so much for the good AI that Clank has. It really makes him feel like someone else is playing. Please keep up the good work!!

+ bombshell94 on October 28th, 2011 at 8:37 am said:

gosh! i see so many people saying that ratchet and clank is the best franchise ever but then going on to completely buzzkill it. CUMMON GUYS! CUT THEM SOME SLACK! yes of course there is ging to be criticism, good and bad. and yes everyone has the right to there own opinion. but seriously? i dont see any of you guys working your butts off just so u can allow people a source of better entertainment. geez! real hardcore R&C fan right here!