PS4-Watch_Dogs

ModNation Monday: Mostly Treat, Very Little Trick

Mark Wilson's Avatar + Posted by Mark Wilson on Oct 31, 2011 // Community Specialist, San Diego Studios

If you find yourself anywhere near as excited for ModNation Racers: Road Trip on Vita as we are then I am very surprised any of us are getting much work done. I personally spend most of my day roaming the hallway panting heavily with my eyes bulging wide-open like a dog when rumors of the new game code gets passed around the developers offices. Yep, It’s going to be that good!

Don’t just take my word for it, take a look at these early first hand impressions from IGN and Destructiod.

This Week’s Top Tracks: Boo!-yah

Enjoy some of our favorite Halloween-y tracks. Please be advised these tracks are best played with the lights on and/or with a friend in the room. We also cannot be responsible for any “dry-cleaning” needs due to the sure fright and horror these track may induce.

ModNation “Triple Threat” Challenge!

triple

Join us in this fun MNR community challenge we call the “Triple Threat Experience!”. This challenge will host teams of 2-3 (selected by you!) to build the ultimate MNR experience. We are looking for the best united themed track, mod, and kart. For example if you choose an outer space “experience” your track, mod, and kart would all work together to tell an outer space theme story. Maybe the mod is an alien, the kart a spaceship and a sci-fi track. They all work together to tell a story (figuratively or literally). Our five favorite OVERALL “experiences” will be promoted in an upcoming ModNation Monday blog. The tracks from those themes will be featured in Top Tracks. The associated mods and karts will also be featured together in the “Creations of the Week” section of the MNR blog! Sign up HERE

Creations of the Week: More Boo! (and some more yah!)

mod

kart

Hot Lap Tracks Of The Week: Chrancity Haunted by Sweetbebek

totw

Monday: Chrancity Haunted by Sweetbebek (I thought I had another tie for Track of the Week on my hands until the last few feet of the finish line on this track. I found it both a trick and a treat for sure! Lol!
Tuesday: Ghost Hill Dr. by kartmeister1 (you had me at “meister”)
Wednesday: The Haunt 2 by LinKueiNinja (Really fun, track that I could easily see set in one of SoCal’s many over-priced theme parks. One ticket please!)
Thursday: Course on Haunted Hill by boingorob (other than the 600’ leap over a forest I think I visited this location on a trip to Germany once!)
Friday: Forest of the Halloween by Chamorro-709 (I found this track at the very last second and I am so glad I did! Loved it! AND someone figured out how to make pumpkins. Way to go!)
Saturday: halloween by wueisman1 (This is a great race with a perfect Halloween settting… overgrown trees and brush, textbook castle grounds and spot-on lighting that again make all the difference)
Sunday: Wicked Day Dream by PH1LThy31 (easily could have been track of the week! I loved all the scenery changes. Every play though I noticed something different. PH1LThy31 is one of ModNation’s top track creators and this adds to his great variety of tracks)

Become A Hot Lap Judge For A Week!
Next week we will put your tracks though the ultimate proving grounds… the opinions of your peers! That’s right, Hot Lap Tracks will be selected by the MNR community (with our “guidance”) for the following week’s Hot Lap Tracks seating. If you are interested in becoming a Hot Lap judge look for more details HERE

Halloween Race Night
Join ModNationSD for a ___________ (insert Halloween-ish cliché adjective here) fun night of racing on Monday, October 31st from 4:30-5:30 PST. Check our ModNation Facebook page on how to join.

+ Twilight947 on October 31st, 2011 at 6:35 am said:

Happy Halloween Modnation Racers!

Long Live Play! :)

+ Twilight947 on October 31st, 2011 at 6:37 am said:

I have a question: Will there be a Halloween Modnation Racers add-on of any kind?

+ Mark Wilson on October 31st, 2011 at 9:52 am said:

Hi,

There was a really cool Haunted Props pack released a few months ago. You should give that a try!

+ JNM-CIM on October 31st, 2011 at 6:52 am said:

Thanks for the creation spot Mark! I guess I should have asked this a lot earlier, but what is the usual deadline for creation submissions? I think I heard it was Wednesday, but I’m not for sure.

+ Mark Wilson on October 31st, 2011 at 9:53 am said:

End of business on Tuesdays is the best guideline to use. Congrats on the selection!

+ dancinglights800 on October 31st, 2011 at 7:02 am said:

OH YEAH!!!!!!!!! MNR ROCKS!!!

happy halloween people!

and the RoadTrip Cover? when will be revealed… or… released…?

some new DLC to come?

+ Mark Wilson on October 31st, 2011 at 9:54 am said:

More Road Trip info coming soon!

+ dancinglights800 on October 31st, 2011 at 7:25 am said:

WOW! the gameplay video from IGN is great!

This is me in a paranoid voice….” I can’t wait to put my hands in this gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame HAHAHAHA… VITAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!”

+ Twilight947 on October 31st, 2011 at 8:22 am said:

I should have thought of saying this earlyer… BOO-Yah!

+ MagicalHamster on October 31st, 2011 at 9:56 am said:

Wow, the black and white photo look is really effective for Modnation screens.

+ Mark Wilson on October 31st, 2011 at 10:09 am said:

Glad you like it! :)

+ Mark Wilson on October 31st, 2011 at 10:10 am said:

@ MagicalHamster

+ Spinout209 on October 31st, 2011 at 10:17 am said:

Hopefully tomorrow we get a late Halloween treat for Modnation for free :)

+ Budapesti on October 31st, 2011 at 10:23 am said:

I love that you guys are still supporting the MNR community.
Can’t wait for Road Trip. The moment they revealed it at the E3 press conference was the moment I knew I had to get a Vita.

+ Twilight947 on October 31st, 2011 at 10:29 am said:

@Mark Wilson thanks for the reply If I may ask what does the Halloween props pack contain? Is it just items to help me create a track? oh and thanks for the reply

+ Mark Wilson on October 31st, 2011 at 11:17 am said:

These are the Haunted props for a track but not a full track theme like I think you are asking for. It’s a fun pack though!

Scene Props
    Ghost
    Haunted House
    Stone Tomb Trap
    Flaming Torches
    Iron Gate
    Iron Fence
    Iron Fence End Post

Dynamic Props
    Spider Web Well (Bounce off the spiderweb like a trampoline)
    Spooky Tree

Track Props
    Zombie
    Mummy
    Skeleton
    Tombstone 1
    Tombstone 2
    Tombstone 3

+ Twilight947 on October 31st, 2011 at 11:27 am said:

@Mark Wilson Thanks for letting me know that does sound like a “haunted add-on” the Spider Web Well sounds awesome! if I make a track and am good at it ill for sure buy this dlc. Thanks again

+ zekececil14 on October 31st, 2011 at 12:08 pm said:

What happened to……..

“Thanks to all who submitted thousands of great ideas for the title of the new game. As we mentioned, we have some “goodies” to hand out to a few gamers who helped us choose the name ModNation Racers: Road Trip. We will be contacting them very soon.”

I was wondering because it’s been two weeks, but I was never contacted.

Oh, you guys should thank me. I convinced one of my friends to buy MNR! =D

+ Mark Wilson on October 31st, 2011 at 1:03 pm said:

ruh roh!

So busy working on Road Trip that we didn’t hook you up yet! *slaps self in face with palm*
    You will hear from me this week and thank you again for being such a great community member!

My apologies x 10!

Mark

+ Twilight947 on October 31st, 2011 at 12:24 pm said:

@zekececil14 maybe they will do that in their next post? And also hope your friend enjoys MNR

Happy Halloween!

+ Iop330 on October 31st, 2011 at 1:33 pm said:

I guess that the hot lap tracks this week are all haloween themed and the ones submitted this week will go on next week along with next weeks… right? (Ruins of Karzha)

+ Mark Wilson on October 31st, 2011 at 2:50 pm said:

Yes. Exactly.

Thanks for understanding!
    Are you going to be a Hot Lap judge?

+ Twilight947 on October 31st, 2011 at 1:46 pm said:

I’ve got tostop posting “Happy Halloween!” sorry about spamming that a few times lol

+ lisatsunami on October 31st, 2011 at 2:09 pm said:

Great reviews, Mark. Your team deserves accolades. Happy Halloween.

+ Mark Wilson on October 31st, 2011 at 2:52 pm said:

Thank you for those kind words!

Great game.
    Great team
    Great community!

+ Twilight947 on October 31st, 2011 at 2:23 pm said:

@lisatsunami I agree with you and Happy Halloween to you too

+ lakabo on October 31st, 2011 at 2:50 pm said:

So, If I were to submit a Thanksgiving or Christmas theme track to Hotlap would you choose it, or would you like me to tell you about it Via PSN, because I might create a thanksgiving themed track for thanksgiving.

+ Mark Wilson on October 31st, 2011 at 2:54 pm said:

I would love to see either.

As always the best way to get them seen by myself and the community is to go to…http://tinyurl.com/3tuzszy

+ hypersk_us on October 31st, 2011 at 2:57 pm said:

Hey Mark, The Haunted Props pack is really cool, but I think I’m not the only person who wants something more, like Halloween Mods and Karts.

For example imagine a modification that can’t be done with the current parts we have like a Kart with a glowing Jack-o-lantern body… it would be completely awesome to play with that…

I have already bought lots of add-ons for this game, I wouldn’t mind paying for another one!

Happy Halloween!

+ Twilight947 on October 31st, 2011 at 3:08 pm said:

@hpyersk_us I agree that would be cool if they did a mod or kart. but I guess it’s too late :( (I loved your Jack-o-lantern idea)

+ race2winnet on October 31st, 2011 at 3:53 pm said:

Mark, thanks for selecting my witch as one of the Mods of the Week and thanks for the continued support for this great game!

+ angelspawn77 on October 31st, 2011 at 4:54 pm said:

Any free Halloween mod this time?

+ big-village_920_ on October 31st, 2011 at 5:44 pm said:

Hi Mark
Thank you for having introduced my profile last week on this blog.
I have been much impressed to receive lots of comments from many users on that page.
By the way, Chamarro-709 whose track is taken as a hot lap track(Friday) is my little brother.
He was eager to creat that track so that I am very glad to see that track is picked as a hot lap track. Thank you again for that.
I am willing to liven up my favorite MNR from now on.

+ Mark Wilson on November 1st, 2011 at 9:46 am said:

That’s really cool! I had no idea who that was. You are a valuable part of this great community. Thanks for all you do!

+ devilmosh on October 31st, 2011 at 6:04 pm said:

Sweet! I love the spooky tracks. I appreciate the recs!

+ zekececil14 on October 31st, 2011 at 6:35 pm said:

@Mark Wilson

Thanks for the helpful reply. I understand that you guys must be busy, so I thank you for all our hard work.

Only an extremely off-topic note, I just realized your last name is Wilson, MINE TOO!

+ Mark Wilson on November 1st, 2011 at 9:46 am said:

Nice!

+ atheistsw on November 1st, 2011 at 5:56 am said:

Hey Mark, great idea for the halloween tracks hotlap showcase this week, I’ve never heard of any of those creators (aside from PH1LThy of course!) so it’s a great chance to give some limelight to some new creators we may never have heard of. :) Just noticed on the comments Fridays track is big-village-920′s brother, gonna check that one out for sure! Although, I was kinda surprised PH1LThy’s ‘Wicked Day Dream’ didn’t get TOTW, personally I thought it was epic! :D

Keep up the great work!

+ Mark Wilson on November 1st, 2011 at 12:09 pm said:

Yep. That was a tough call indeed.

+ spideridol on November 1st, 2011 at 11:47 am said:

Having had,(not by choice) to take two months off the game…. I was hoping to come back to a great new Halloween mod/kart combo; but was surprised that it was still oil stain. Any chance a new mod/kart coming out soon, or are those days in the past? Thnx!! LOVE the game!!

+ Welmosca on November 1st, 2011 at 11:50 am said:

MNR community is just the heck of awesome….cant wait to have time to create some cool track.

+ Mark Wilson on November 1st, 2011 at 12:10 pm said:

We agree. In fact I would call this community uber-awesome!

+ Underdisc on November 1st, 2011 at 6:04 pm said:

CRAZYTRAINX, I haven’t seen him around MNR for many months now!

+ kertang on November 2nd, 2011 at 6:12 am said:

woo. been playin’ this awesome game since the get go. was real cool to see my creation on the blog. big up urself mnr! this game keeps on! bbbrrrraaatt, bbbrrraaatt!

+ AmigaCC on November 7th, 2011 at 6:52 am said:

Can I race against my created/downloaded mods/karts?