PS4 - Destiny

Introducing PlayStation Network’s “12 for ‘12” PS3 Game Sale

Ro Hernandez's Avatar + Posted by Ro Hernandez on Jan 16, 2012 // Digital Distribution Manager, Sony Network Entertainment

You may remember that this time last year, we offered up 11 great PS3 games at a discounted price as part of PlayStation Network’s “11 for 2011” sale. This year, we’re upping the ante by bringing you 12 discounted games and offering up even more savings for PlayStation Plus users!

12 for 12

We briefly mentioned the “12 for ‘12” sale in our last PlayStation Plus update, but now we’re bringing you the full list of games and discounts. We’re offering a dozen incredibly varied games for this year’s sale: from Q-Games’ frenetic shooter PixelJunk SideScroller to Trendy Entertainment’s slick “tower defense” hybrid Dungeon Defenders, there’s something for every type of gamer out there. Without further ado, here are the 12 for ‘12!

PixelJunk SideScroller – Regular $9.99, Sale $6.99, PS Plus $4.89
PAYDAY: The Heist – Regular $19.99, Sale $13.99, PS Plus $9.79
Dungeon Defenders – Regular $14.99, Sale $10.49, PS Plus $7.34
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection – Regular $9.99, Sale $6.99, PS Plus $4.89
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition – Regular $14.99, Sale $10.49, PS Plus $7.34
Eufloria – Regular $9.99, Sale $6.99, Plus $4.89
BloodRayne: Betrayal – Regular $14.99, Sale $10.49, PS Plus $7.34
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken – Regular $11.99, Sale $8.39, PS Plus $5.87
Cubixx HD – Regular $9.99, Sale $6.99, PS Plus $4.89
Sideway New York – Regular $9.99, Sale $6.99, PS Plus $4.89
Rochard – Regular $9.99, Sale $6.99, PS Plus $4.89
Okabu – Regular $14.99, Sale $10.49, PS Plus $7.34

Not only are all of these titles some of the highest-rated PlayStation games of 2011, they’re also some of the newest titles to hit PSN! You may have seen some of these games featured in PSN PLAY and Only On PSN, and now you’re able to pick up these coveted games at their deepest discount yet.

Starting tomorrow, each game will be available at 30% off through January 23, and PlayStation Plus subscribers can purchase each game at 50% off.

We hope you enjoy this great line-up of discounted titles. Here’s to a great 2012!

+ Mister-Nep on January 16th, 2012 at 10:29 am said:

Kinda surprised Infamous isn’t on there. Either way there is one game on the list that I don’t have that I want.

+ Keyboarder on January 16th, 2012 at 10:33 am said:

Awesome ! i ll take Payday Street fighter and Mortal Kombat :D Thx Sony

+ ALhammadi51 on January 16th, 2012 at 10:34 am said:

nice

+ coolman227 on January 16th, 2012 at 10:39 am said:

is there anything for playsation move?

+ sefjwm on January 16th, 2012 at 10:41 am said:

Dungeon Defenders can be played with Move but I wouldn’t recommend it.

+ camiwaits_us on January 16th, 2012 at 10:41 am said:

Maaan, everything i wanted from that list i already have. In any case, everyone who hasn’t buy Pixeljunk Sidescroller should buy it in this sale, a great game.

+ boomstickbhg on January 16th, 2012 at 10:42 am said:

This can’t be a serious post…

I waited weeks and passed up on some great sales on games I want because you didn’t want to tell us what the 12 for 12 deals would be ahead of time for some reason.

I would have spent 50-100 in the last few weeks if I knew this week’s sale would be so bad. Now I can’t get those games and you don’t get my money.

Please, please, please start giving us actual information about special sales ahead of time. It’s bad enough we don’t know what the PSN store update will contain until the it’s released, special sales should defintaely give us a week or two of notice on what game will be on sale so we can prepare properly.

It’s already a pain that I have to wait until tuesday night, often very late, to find out if I need to go buy a PSN card, since half the time the stores are closed when the update is out (EST).

Please start giving out information on sales and store updates in advance or I have very little reason to renew my PS Plus.

+ DarkAlmasy on January 16th, 2012 at 10:43 am said:

Sadly, none of these games interest me.

+ AwRy108 on January 16th, 2012 at 10:43 am said:

Wow, great sale guys (especially for PS+ members). Keep up the great sales and I’ll keep buying PSN content!

Ro Hernandez's Avatar

+ Ro Hernandez on January 17th, 2012 at 12:31 pm said:

Glad we have your support!

+ khayyin666 on January 16th, 2012 at 10:44 am said:

When are we going to get Codename: 47 on the network??

+ ryanumber1 on January 16th, 2012 at 10:44 am said:

PAYDAY: The Heist – PS Plus $9.79
BloodRayne: Betrayal – PS Plus $7.34
Eufloria – PS Plus $4.89
Cubixx HD – PS Plus $4.89
Rochard – PS Plus $4.89
PixelJunk SideScroller – PS Plus $4.89

So here are the 6 I don’t already own.
Which ones should I get to use up my $20 PSN card?
I got one for Christmas, and I’ve been saving it for this event.

I tried Eufloria and wasn’t all that impressed, but I could have given it a longer test run.

I was thinking I should do all the $4.89 ones.
Is Payday an awesome game, or is BloodRayne amazing?

I have to say out the six I own I couldn’t be happier.

Dungeon Defenders – PS Plus $7.34
9.5/10 at this price!

Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection – PS Plus $4.89
10/10 at this price!

Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition –PS Plus $7.34
9.5/10 at this price!

Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken – PS Plus $5.87
9/10 at this price!

Sideway New York – PS Plus $4.89
8/10 at this price ! (Not my favorite game)

Okabu – PS Plus $7.34
9/10 if you are under the age of 7 years old!
Or 3/10 if your older like myself.

+ HandsomeDave85 on January 16th, 2012 at 10:50 am said:

Hey Ro
This list looks awesome.
Any chance that Modnation Racer track pack DLC will ever make a sale list?

Ro Hernandez's Avatar

+ Ro Hernandez on January 17th, 2012 at 12:31 pm said:

Unfortunately, this sale is specific to PSN PS3 Games, will look into this offer for future promotions tho…

+ RidleysBox on January 16th, 2012 at 10:57 am said:

@ boomstickbhg

I agree this sale is bad, but on the subject of PSN cards, I buy mine digitally from gamestop.com (since amazon stopped selling them). It takes about an hour for them to be processed and delivered.

+ Zerowolf57 on January 16th, 2012 at 10:57 am said:

Okabu and Rocketbirds have platinums for our trophy lovers out there

+ TomHoang on January 16th, 2012 at 11:02 am said:

Awesome stuff, nice to see the games that were highlighted in the Only on PSN promotion. I’ll probably be picking up Pixeljunk Sidescroller and Sideway: New York.

Also, not that I’m complaining, but can someone explain to me why the PS+ prices are always more than 50% off? Shouldn’t a $9.99 game be $4.99 instead of $4.89? Every sale where PS+ members get extra discounts have been like this. Hey, we’re saving more money, but it’s strange how the numbers are off.

+ ZildjianKX on January 16th, 2012 at 11:04 am said:

Pretty weak sale, it should have been 50% off for everyone like Xbox Live does for their holidays sales.

+ sefjwm on January 16th, 2012 at 11:07 am said:

Xbox Live charges $50 bucks to use it so it’s the same as PSN+

+ Darewind on January 16th, 2012 at 11:11 am said:

@sefjwm PS+ also gives discounts and allows users to download and play games as opposed to XBLA

The sale is quite disappointing to me as I am not really interested in any of the titles listed.Thanks for saving me some money Sony.

+ megamixer on January 16th, 2012 at 11:13 am said:

Thanks for providing a link to the “11 for 2011″ post. :) I urge everybody to take a look back at it. That was the last themed PSN sale where *everybody* got the full 50% discount. Remember those good old days? Never forget.

This years batch doesn’t interest me, not when they came out and not now. 2011 was a weak year for PSN in comparison to 2010, at least in my opinion. Better luck this year!

+ Cedge410 on January 16th, 2012 at 11:13 am said:

Already have Payday & Rocket Birds.. Only good ones out of the list.

+ Cedge410 on January 16th, 2012 at 11:15 am said:

Forgot about Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection

+ oycomics on January 16th, 2012 at 11:20 am said:

@boomstickbhg Like RidleysBox said about GameStop . . . Best Buy offers the same thing and you can even use a PayPal account if don’t have/don’t want to use a credit card but DO have a checking account. And the best part is they don’t store the payment account (you have to login to PayPal to confirm every time) so neither Best Buy or PSN have your info.

And yeah, only two games on this list interest me, one of which I already got for PC for $1.

+ LionFranco on January 16th, 2012 at 11:25 am said:

Definitely buying Pixel Junk Side Scroller.

+ zanarkandruinsx2 on January 16th, 2012 at 11:33 am said:

Damn I just bought Payday 2 days ago. Oh well.

+ Demonhunter84 on January 16th, 2012 at 11:34 am said:

Getting Rocketbirds and Okabu for $12, great games even though I own a few of them like SF3 Third Strike, MK Kollection and Rochard.

+ DazeOfWar on January 16th, 2012 at 11:53 am said:

Great sale for people who don’t own these already. I purchased some of these for 50% already. I may pick up Dungeon Defenders since I already have the rest except for MK which I could care less about. Hopefully there’s some other sales tomorrow.

+ malaria007 on January 16th, 2012 at 11:53 am said:

Why? I’m really sad, I expected better games.
Like red dead, infamous, gow, not worth anything offered

I only see games for kids

+ emirhan1907 on January 16th, 2012 at 11:58 am said:

I (+Millions of people) want MGS HD COLLECTION these are not even games…what the discount for?no offense but i wouldnt buy any of these even if there is a %99 discount… FGS please UPLOAD MGS HD COLECTION make a contract with kojima but pls find a way…

+ OPS_GEAR107 on January 16th, 2012 at 12:00 pm said:

Sweet one some of those games.

+ SuddenDepact on January 16th, 2012 at 12:02 pm said:

the 12 for ‘12 sale should of been like this.
inFamous: Festival of Blood
Jurassic Park: Episode 1-5
Bejeweled 3

+ Monterossa on January 16th, 2012 at 12:11 pm said:

“Sale” ???

Ugh…

+ shadowph33r on January 16th, 2012 at 12:21 pm said:

I’m sadly disappointed to see that Resident Evil 4 and infamous: festival of blood not in the 12 for ’12 sale.

I have no interest whatsoever for this sale and believe that you guys should ask the community what it wants. Highest rated of 2011? Most of these titles I cannot recall.

+ djaidyn on January 16th, 2012 at 12:23 pm said:

Rochard, Mortal Kombat Kollection, Eufloria, and Dungeon Defenders will be getting my purchase. Hey Playstation when will you sell time? I need that to play all these amazing games. I’m still playing White Knight Chronicles 2, Uncharted 3, Skyrim, GT5, inFamous 1-2, Dead Nation, the list just goes on. Killin it Playstation. Just amazing.

+ KhaoticKush on January 16th, 2012 at 12:32 pm said:

Thats great. I’ll defiently be getting Cubixx HD, Rochard and Blood Rayne Betrayal.

+ CWallace on January 16th, 2012 at 12:47 pm said:

I was hoping for Under Siege as it looks interesting (I’m a big Myth II fan) and it doesn’t have a demo……

+ Dark_Zankoku on January 16th, 2012 at 12:52 pm said:

Yeah this isn’t as good as I was hoping. Too bad Beyond Good & Evil and Infamous weren’t on this. I doubt I will get anything but I hope others will be happy with the selection.

+ boomstickbhg on January 16th, 2012 at 12:53 pm said:

@RidleysBox thank you for the heads up, I didn’t realize that the PSN cards could be delivered online like that. Definately going to check out the gamestop website next time (I do have a CC but the PSN never recognizes/allows it ).

@oycomics thanks for the info about Best Buy and paypal being an option, I do prefer paypal, shame we can’t use that directly for the PSN.

On the brighter side, with all the upcoming first quarter retail games I’m planning to pick up (mostly the RPGs), now I’ll have more money for them.

+ nirojan45 on January 16th, 2012 at 12:55 pm said:

Payday the heist here I come!

+ joaryche on January 16th, 2012 at 1:01 pm said:

i was waiting to see the details of this sale. I really wanted to Infamous: FoB in the list.

+ Fireman9iner on January 16th, 2012 at 1:02 pm said:

Sweet, I’ll have to pick up Sideway Newyork.

+ Emerald_Swords on January 16th, 2012 at 1:02 pm said:

Title selection has definitely improved! Gonna pick up MK and Payday

+ DrkrZen on January 16th, 2012 at 1:11 pm said:

Awesome. Was just thinkin’ about getting Dungeon Defenders here the other day, too.

+ detictiveconan on January 16th, 2012 at 1:21 pm said:

I’m in for Rochard. I’ve been waiting for it to go on sale and even passed it up during the steam sale hoping it would go on sale on PSN.

+ Davidson_360 on January 16th, 2012 at 1:29 pm said:

12 for 12′ have some good titles… I’m going to buy 2 or 3 at least…
but how come they missed:

1 Trine 2
2 Renegade Ops
3 inFamous: Festival of Blood

Trine is one of my favorites psn games…

+ Pashmina626 on January 16th, 2012 at 1:34 pm said:

Awesome to see that Sideway New York is in there as I really want to get that game but first thing I want to know is that I remember hearing of a saving problem with the game last year so has that been fixed or not as I would like to know before buying.

+ feelmuhpino on January 16th, 2012 at 2:02 pm said:

I’ll most likely pick up Sideway as I’ve had my eye on the game since it was first announced, but my backlog was so large it was worth waiting to see if it would go on sale. I’m still on the fence about Obaku.. I like the Katamari-esque art direction but I’m not sure if its my kind of game, but I’m not sure if that’s enough to warrant the purchase. Now would be a great time to be a PS+ member, but man’s got to eat! Nice one Sony, it would be nice to see older PSN exclusives get permanent cuts… I still haven’t picked up flower yet.

+ Psicocrusher on January 16th, 2012 at 2:18 pm said:

OKABU! I already have some of them the only one that I need is OKABU!

+ Souledge94 on January 16th, 2012 at 2:31 pm said:

you guys finally broke me. Im getting PS+.

+ Khronikos on January 16th, 2012 at 2:41 pm said:

NUMBER ONE REASON I NO LONGER BUY HARDLY A DAMN THING ON PSN:

YOUR SALES BLOW.

YOUR PRICES ARE RIDICULOUS.

STEAM HAS TAUGHT US DIFFERENT AND DEVELOPERS ACTUALLY SELL GAMES THERE.

PSN PLUS, NEGATING ALL DECENT SALES FOR PEOPLE WHO DO NOT WANT IT, HAS MADE MY BUYING HABITS COME DOWN FROM ONCE A MONTH OR MORE TO ONCE EVERY 6 MONTHS/

WHY? BECAUSE YOU NEVER REDUCE THE PRICES ON YOUR GAMES ANYMORE WORTH ANY CONSIDERATION.

I CANNOT EVEN RELATE THE JOY I HAVE FROM ACTUALLY BUYING GAMES ON STEAM THAT LOOK 10X BETTER THAN THEIR PS3 COUNTERPARTS AND FOR 20% OF THE PRICE. EVEN AMAZON HAS MUCH MUCH BETTER PRICES ON THE HOLIDAYS. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR STARVING DEVS.

SORRY, NOT PAYING 10 BUCKS OR EVEN 7 BUCKS FOR 5 DOLLAR GAMES AT BEST.

GLAD I HAVE BEAST PC.