PS4 - Destiny

Pac-Man and Mega Man Join Street Fighter X Tekken’s PlayStation Exclusives

Grant Luke's Avatar + Posted by Grant Luke on Jan 26, 2012 // Group Brand Manager, Capcom

Street Fighter X Tekken‘s roster is already bursting with fan favorites from both sides, and today we can add two more iconic characters to the list – and in this case, they’re exclusive to PS3 and PS Vita players…

Two iconic mascots, Pac-Man and Mega Man, join the fray with existing PlayStation exclusives Cole, Kuro and Toro. However, both mascots arrive in altered forms to create battles unique to Street Fighter X Tekken; Pac-Man rides Tekken’s Mokujin, while Mega Man references the “classic” bad box art from the original US Mega Man.

Street Fighter X Tekken for the PS3 launches March 6, with the PS Vita to follow!

83 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ Manetheren17 on January 27th, 2012 at 7:08 am said:

I would rather of had the iconic mega-man and pac-man on his own two feet. Least we got Cole though.

+ Joe-TFW on January 27th, 2012 at 7:26 am said:

Honestly, I fully expect this to eventually turn into a full fledged Capcom vs Namco game. Either via downloadable characters or as an eventual spin-off. Either way, I think I’m on board. Love me a good crossover game.

+ Teflon02 on January 27th, 2012 at 8:18 am said:

WTF man, whats with all this back to the beginning with megaman?
Megaman 9 & 10 look like the nes game.
they cancel Megaman Universe tho it looked like a nes game
now they choose to finally put megaman in something and they use the fat dude on the cover of the first ness game? Really!? your just trying to make me dislike capcom at this point -.-.
All I want to see is either
Mega Man X or the original Kid Megaman from the MvC
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X 2 & 3 for PS Vita (was expecting for psp since I got Maverick hunter 2 weeks after released and downloaded when I seen on the PS Store.
Really where is the love for Mega Man? Actions speak louder then words and there are no actions proving that you guys don’t hate Mega Man. By the way, seeing that he’s exclusive to sony’s game for this can you just give sony rigts to megaman? I’m sure they have a dev that will do him justice if you guys can’t no more.

+ RE_Player on January 27th, 2012 at 8:43 am said:

Any word on the Vita release date? Same month at least?

+ T-Cal on January 27th, 2012 at 8:57 am said:

Pac Man looks Cool, but a chubby a** Mega Man…….. WHY?

+ Spunta on January 27th, 2012 at 9:00 am said:

There is no hope left in man.

+ TJF588 on January 27th, 2012 at 9:35 am said:

Well, at least NES Mega Man’s getting a gig after Mega Man Universe bit the big mushroom-cloud dust of MM cancellations.

+ pretty04 on January 27th, 2012 at 9:47 am said:

honestly wasn’t all that interested before. now? SOLD. Bad box art mega man? biggest fail ever becomes biggest win.

+ dirtysavage1984 on January 27th, 2012 at 10:10 am said:

Yeah as funny as the box art Megaman is…Still kinda messed up. So we get burnout megaman instead of Megaman Legends 3 and Megaman Universe? That’s just low.

+ TIDUSFOREVERX2 on January 27th, 2012 at 10:11 am said:

Street Fighter X Tekken X Capcom X Tatsunoko X Soul Calibur X Smash Brothers X Final Fantasy….. Just make a game called everyone vs everyone XPP

+ Zaike on January 27th, 2012 at 11:03 am said:

@6

Did you not watch the trailer? Your answer is right there at the beginning of it……..O_o

+ so-knee on January 27th, 2012 at 11:39 am said:

I was going to get MLB 12 first since I can’t buy both on the same day, but with all the love I have to get this first. Thanks Capcom…you made my choice an easy one now

+ kibainu4real on January 27th, 2012 at 12:14 pm said:

I’d like a Final Fantasy vs Soul Calibur. Would look nice. Don’t think Square Enix is up for it though.

+ blakseed on January 27th, 2012 at 1:07 pm said:

Dang it Capcom, you forced my hand. I guess I’m going to have to pre-order now.

+ krystipryde on January 27th, 2012 at 2:47 pm said:

Cole! Yesssssss.

+ Roxas91317 on January 27th, 2012 at 3:03 pm said:

One quetion…
WHY IS MEGAMAN SO FAT!!!
First he’s excluded from Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and now THIS!? Poor Megeman. T.T

+ deeler555 on January 27th, 2012 at 5:01 pm said:

Man! this game look’s over the top!

+ Shrewder on January 27th, 2012 at 5:36 pm said:

@ exGore

Ha! A playable Kevin Butler character would be AWESOME!

+ WATERSTAND on January 27th, 2012 at 7:52 pm said:

KO for the XBOX 360 version.

+ soulreaver182 on January 27th, 2012 at 9:06 pm said:

Y’know….

I could have sworn this game was called Street Fighter x Tekken.

Not Street Fighter x Tekken x BBA Megama x Tekken x two cats x Infamous 2.

Hell, it’s not even about the epicness of the crossover anymore.

It’s become that same as Marvel vs Capcom.

+ SoldierDragon on January 27th, 2012 at 10:12 pm said:

ROFLMAO!! that’s it, im sold! im getting this just so i can shoot ryu in the face with a 30yr old overwieght megaman fan in spandex lmao!!

+ EJStrat on January 28th, 2012 at 6:50 am said:

So wrong.

+ VideoGamer35 on January 28th, 2012 at 7:17 am said:

pretty sweet!!!

+ darth_orange93 on January 29th, 2012 at 2:11 am said:

That Mega Man is hilarious! I can’t wait, I’ve had my pre-order for quite a while now, good thing there is Soul Calibur 5 to hold me over until this comes out.

+ V_TEKK on January 29th, 2012 at 4:00 am said:

LOLS that mega man looks like a alcholic cos player! SWEET!

+ LEXEZE98 on January 29th, 2012 at 2:29 pm said:

OHHH!!! MEGAMAN ATE TO MUCH!!!

+ Sons-of-Helghan on January 29th, 2012 at 8:57 pm said:

TORO & KURO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/\/\
/><\

+ hello_its_me456 on January 30th, 2012 at 8:22 am said:

why bother complaining people? throughout the blog the people directly involved with what your complaining about, whether it be characters, games, or systems, come to you on here and directly respond with a defense on their choices, exclusives, offers, and pricing. but its like everyone ignores them…

so yeah megaman is fat and creepy its mimicking the old art style, i find it off putting in such a way that gives this iteration some character.

+ hello_its_me456 on January 30th, 2012 at 8:24 am said:

@74 thats the spirit!, people whine about it but it looks goofy in a creepy way thats what it seems they wanted as a reaction :)

+ xThAkIdJxYx on January 30th, 2012 at 9:31 am said:

lol people wanted mega MAN there ya go

+ FunkTheMonk on January 31st, 2012 at 5:08 am said:

sweet

+ punguy on February 1st, 2012 at 9:12 pm said:

i love street fighter and taken .this game is day one purchase for me.does anyone know the release date.

+ monstadreadhead on February 1st, 2012 at 11:07 pm said:

I wasn’t to trilled about this game but I think they got me sold by putting Pac-Man in it.

PAGE 1 2