Bloodborne

Special Launch Day PS Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Bundle Announced

John Koller's Avatar + Posted by John Koller on Jan 27, 2012 // VP of Platforms Marketing, SCEA

With only 27 days until the launch of PlayStation Vita, we are excited to announce two PS Vita 3G/WiFi bundles. If you were one of the lucky consumers to pre order the PS Vita First Edition Bundle, in addition to the PS Vita 3G/Wi-Fi hardware, a limited edition case, a 4GB PS Vita Memory Card and Little Deviants game, we will now be including an AT&T DataConnect Pass good for one free 250MB data session (a $14.99 value) upon purchase of one 250 MB data session, and a PlayStation Network game – both provided upon 3G activation on the AT&T mobile broadband network. And the best part, you still get it a week before the official launch date.

Vita First Edition Bundle

We are happy to announce today that we will be creating an extremely limited edition PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi bundle designed to reward those who brave the cold to stand in line on February 22nd (or even those who come in the few days that follow). In addition to the PS Vita hardware, we will be including an 8GB PS Vita Memory Card, an AT&T DataConnect Pass and a PlayStation Network game all for the usual MSRP of $299. This SKU is part of a promotional offer and will sell out immediately so we strongly recommend that you purchase your PS Vita early to make sure you get the extra value!

While the system is a fantastic option, the addition of 3G-network access is perfect for the gamer that wants convenience, community and connection – basically the ability to immediately socialize with your gaming community. Using the AT&T mobile broadband network also allows you to engage in multi-player gaming, utilize GPS location-based digital gifting, stay up to date with continuous LiveArea scores and game ranking news feeds, compete for in-game achievements, engage in PS Vita to PS3 cross-platform game play, cross-game message with Party, and have access to software updates, all while on the go. You’ll also be able to login to the PS Store and download new content and add-ons for some of your favorite titles.

There are lots of exciting updates still to come as we get closer to launch, and we will be sure to keep you posted. Our goal here at PlayStation is to transform every aspect of life into an entertainment experience. We know when you get your hands on Vita you may really never stop playing!

PAGE 1 8 9 10

+ Warrka on February 5th, 2012 at 1:44 am said:

So I know this is days late but people in my local area seem to be stupid about the subject so I’ll ask here hoping to get a reply. I know gamestop and Amazon are getting the 55$ bonus, my question is will Best Buy be getting it as well? moving the next day so I am hesitant to order it from offline and I refuse to shop at gamestop so to recap

Will Best Buy for sure be getting this bonus?

This is going to determine weather I reserve the 3G model or the wifi.

+ OB_Venom on February 5th, 2012 at 3:24 am said:

hmmmm. i see a lot of complaining and not a lot of thinking. the MAIN reason your paying 50 more bucks for the first edition bundle isnt for the game, the case, or the memory card…. ITS TO GET THE SYSTEM A WEEK EARLY. funny how almost everyone forgot about that little part. and the 8gb card bundle only being for the 3g/wifi version makes complete sense. why would a company lose out on money by giving away free stuff and then have it bundled with a system that costs less money. thats like if i were to buy a wifi vita from a friend for 350 dollars, why pay more for less. like wise why would sony give out more and lose money with a system that they are already making less money from, they already losing out on money with the 3g/wifi bundle.

+ Burdmayn on February 5th, 2012 at 9:24 am said:

I’m trying write up a buyer’s guide of sorts for the PSVita on my blog but this page has me a bit confused. Does the First Edition Bundle come with a free voucher for 250MB of airtime? The way it’s worded in this post kind of implies that I need to pay for 250MB of 3G on my own and then I get an additional 250MB.

Clarification please?

+ deademo on February 6th, 2012 at 9:50 am said:

so i got the First Edition Bundle n when i buy the att 250 data session it free forever or just for 1 month ??

+ deademo on February 6th, 2012 at 9:53 am said:

one more thing will oovoo be on it i dont like skype..

+ xack_x3 on February 6th, 2012 at 10:03 am said:

ohhh yeahhh! 1st edition.

+ Wholesomeflame on February 8th, 2012 at 1:02 am said:

So, I just want to know; if we preorder the 3G vita, we get what has been listed in the launch bundle? Because when I went to gamestop today, they didn’t say that there was a launch bundle, they just said “3G, Wifi, or first edition.”

+ hello_its_me456 on February 8th, 2012 at 7:43 am said:

@457

yes, there isnt a different SKU its like how you reserve a game and you get the “limited edition” version of it
so, you’re ok

+ shahroze198 on February 11th, 2012 at 9:29 am said:

I just need to know one more thing. Will you be forced to pay for the 3G or are you free to choose whenever you would like to activate it?

+ Aeon__Knight on February 16th, 2012 at 9:41 am said:

Really? just paid 350 for first edition, to now see this new and better offer? Little Deviant is ok, but not really worth it, at all, and the 4gb? I downloaded 3 demos, to it, Rayman, Uncharted golden abyss, and Dungeon Hunter, and guess what, 650mb on card, I mean really? Come on now,

+ Aeon__Knight on February 16th, 2012 at 9:42 am said:

I meant to say 650mb left available on my memory card^

+ Xab_Lauj on February 20th, 2012 at 7:06 pm said:

It say “pre-order the PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle to receive over $55 in bonus content…8GB Memory Card, DataConnect Session Pass, and PlayStation Network Game..” So If I buy the 3G I’ll get $55 and a 8GB card and DataConnect Session Pass, and PlayStation Network Game..right??.? Or the $55 is considered as the 8GB Memory Card, DataConnect Session Pass, and PlayStation Network Game?
Please, anyone, answer my question…
Thank you.

+ Xab_Lauj on February 20th, 2012 at 7:11 pm said:

I mean $55 free and 8GB card and games and a month free?
That’s kinna cool.
all for $300

$250 PSV
$30 8GB card
$15 250 MB session
and $55 free
that’s $350,

We’ll get $55 free??????????????????????

+ Xab_Lauj on February 20th, 2012 at 7:22 pm said: