PS4 - Transistor

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention – PS Vita’s First RPG Hits in April

Nao Zook's Avatar + Posted by Nao Zook on Feb 01, 2012 // PR/Marketing Coordinator, NIS America, Inc

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention for PS Vita

Hello everyone! Today, I would like to share our brand new trailer for Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention for the PlayStation Vita system. Disgaea 3 for the PS Vita will be released in April. We are really excited about Disgaea 3 coming out on the PS Vita over here. Yes, it is a port of the PlayStation 3 version, but it will be equipped with new character stories, new systems, new attack levels, new bosses, and will include all the DLC that was released for the PS3 version, all on one card. So even if you have already played Disgaea 3 on the PS3 system, you’ll have something new to experience with this PS Vita version!

Of course, there will be some PS Vita specific systems integrated into the game, as well. For example, there is a system called “Honor Quotient,” which uses the GPS to track how far you’ve traveled while playing the game. The more you travel, the higher your Honor Quotient will rise (you’ll be able to increase your Honor Quotient by winning battles, increasing your total play time, and by other means as well). With a high Honor Quotient, you will be able to gain more experience points, Mana points, get discounts at item shops, etc. So, don’t forget to take your PS Vita with you wherever you go! Also, with the rear touch panel, you can view the map from any angle. It sometimes gets really crowded and busy on the map, but with this camera angle control, you’ll be able to see your map much easier.

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention for PS VitaDisgaea 3: Absence of Detention for PS Vita

Let’s talk about the new characters for Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention. You’ll be introduced to two new characters, Rutile and Stella. Rutile is half-Nekomata, half-human. She was raised in the Human World, so she doesn’t really know much about the Netherworld. She enters Evil Academy as a transfer student. The other character is Stella, who is the student body president and daughter of the dean of the rival school, Death Institute, Majin Academy. She is a snobby rich girl, but she also loves playing tricks on others. She loves elegance, and believes that everything she does is “elegant.” …We’ll see about that!

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention will be jam-packed with new stuff! Please visit the official website for more information. And, now enjoy the official trailer of Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention!

Thank you for taking the time to read my post today! Have a great day!

PAGE 1 2

+ Destiny89 on February 1st, 2012 at 9:11 am said:

Thanks for bringing this over NISA, i played Disgaea 3 on PS3 ( 60% trophies unlocked ) so i highly doubt i’ll get this but will do once it hit a price drop i guess, please bring more PS3 games as i look forward to Neptunia 2 and Atelier Meruru :D.
There are so many games to look forward to and hope to see more NISA avatars too on PSN.

Nao Zook's Avatar

+ Nao Zook on February 2nd, 2012 at 4:20 pm said:

Hello Destiny89,

Thank you for playing Disgaea 3 on PS3! I hope you will get a chance to give this PS Vita version a try sometime in the future though. It comes with some new stuff:)

Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 will be out in a few weeks!

Thank you for being an awesome supporter of NIS America as always!

Best,
    Nao

+ brettchalupa on February 1st, 2012 at 9:12 am said:

Will the Honor Quotient only work with 3G Vitas? I remember reading around the Japanese launch that only the 3G version had GPS. I may very well be wrong or misread something, but I guess it’d be something good to know.

If games are going to implement features specific to the 3G version, it might be worth reconsidering which version to get.

The game looks great, by the way. Thanks!

Nao Zook's Avatar

+ Nao Zook on February 2nd, 2012 at 4:29 pm said:

Hi brettchalupa,

Honor Quotient will work with both wifi and 3G.

Thank you!

nao

+ AtrerVerus on February 1st, 2012 at 9:13 am said:

Hey Nao. Any hint if NISA Store will have any extra goodies for pre-order? :3

Nao Zook's Avatar

+ Nao Zook on February 2nd, 2012 at 4:25 pm said:

Hi AterVerus,

Honestly, we haven’t decided just yet! We are always trying to add some cool goodies, so hopefully it will happen for Disgaea 3, too:) We will definitely talk about that in our upcoming Prinny Bomb!

Thanks,
    Nao

+ fifthcore on February 1st, 2012 at 9:18 am said:

So will the digital version only be $5 /10% off?

Nao Zook's Avatar

+ Nao Zook on February 2nd, 2012 at 4:31 pm said:

Hi fifthcore,

The retail and digital version will be the same price.

Thanks!
    nao

+ MarkakaJin on February 1st, 2012 at 9:19 am said:

I might get this game DUDE!

Nao Zook's Avatar

+ Nao Zook on February 2nd, 2012 at 4:31 pm said:

Hi MarkakaJin,

Yay! :)

nao

+ Destiny89 on February 1st, 2012 at 9:19 am said:

I also would like to add that i hope NISA will be able to being over Ciel No Surge, its Gust’s new game for the Vita which remind me very much of Ar Tonelico series.

+ snakeeyes211 on February 1st, 2012 at 9:24 am said:

Is the first edition PlayStation vita little-deviants a download or a cartridge ?

Nao Zook's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 1st, 2012 at 10:15 am said:

It’s a physical game card.

+ NHDrumline17 on February 1st, 2012 at 9:28 am said:

I’ve never played a Disgaea game before, would you recommend that I get the two PSP ones before playing this? Or are there other versions that are better than the PSP ones, or would I be fine jumping into this one right away?

Nao Zook's Avatar

+ Nao Zook on February 2nd, 2012 at 4:52 pm said:

Hi NHDrumline,

I’d say…just jump into D3:AoD! …but if you’ve never played Strategy RPG, I recommend you to try other Disgaea games such as Disgaea: Hour of Darkness (PSP), Disgaea 2 (PS2 and PSP), Disgaea 3 (PS3), and Disgaea 4 (PS3). Except Disgaea 4, you should be able to find these games with pretty affordable price. You can see if you like the gameplay and system before the Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention release. I hope you’ll enjoy the hilarious characters and crazy game play!

Thanks,
    nao

+ TallCrowe on February 1st, 2012 at 9:29 am said:

I am excited about this and I approve of the box art as well. Though I won’t be picking it up immediately I hope to someday.

Nao Zook's Avatar

+ Nao Zook on February 2nd, 2012 at 4:54 pm said:

Hi TallCrowe,

Glad to hear you liked the package art! I also hope you’ll be picking up the game someday…or soon:)

Thanks,
    nao

+ ABRipperXX on February 1st, 2012 at 9:34 am said:

I’m so pumped to play this on my Vita! thanks NISA! Keep the Playstation Support coming! More PS3, VITA, PSP games please.

Nao Zook's Avatar

+ Nao Zook on February 2nd, 2012 at 4:55 pm said:

Hi ABRipperXX,

Thank you! We’ll have definitely many titles coming up this year, so please look forward to them!

Thanks,
    nao

+ KingofDreams5150 on February 1st, 2012 at 9:42 am said:

This game looks like a ton of fun, but I have to say that the voice acting in the video is atrocious…

+ Robbie_G_lrish on February 1st, 2012 at 9:54 am said:

Is that the Absolute Victory Unlosing Ranger doing Terra Fire? I’d like to see more games with that character but maybe in a different genre.

+ dacuad on February 1st, 2012 at 10:03 am said:

vita really needs RPGs, that’s why it’s not selling well and will not sell well until that happens. hopefully sony is already talking with from software to release dark souls on vita.

+ erico316ecw on February 1st, 2012 at 10:12 am said:

i havent played any of the disgaea games on a home system .Disgaea have always been my go to rpg on portables and im happy to say this game have my preorder with street fighter x tekk in april on the vita!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a few question what do you guys at nis think of vita ?
what the best feature in your opionin of the vita as a developer?
Any chance we can get prinny 3 on the vita?
If u answer my question thanks in advance. your loyal fan eric dude!!!

+ hellboy-yo on February 1st, 2012 at 10:19 am said:

looks great

+ hellboy-yo on February 1st, 2012 at 10:20 am said:

its great

+ hellboy-yo on February 1st, 2012 at 10:20 am said:

its awsome

+ ShadowOfEden on February 1st, 2012 at 10:38 am said:

I’m a big Disgaea fan but I’d rather see Disgaea 4 on PS Vita. I’ll just have to wait I supposed.

Anyways, I platinumed Disgaea 3, so I played it more than enough already!

+ Maitre on February 1st, 2012 at 10:41 am said:

Hey Jeff any news on a psp UMD repurchasing deal ??

also cool you look into psp game not yet on the psn (i still have a couple umd not out there : AKA metal gear acid 1&2, Dungeon Maker : hunting grounds, and a couple others like patapon 1 i think.)

+ snakeeyes211 on February 1st, 2012 at 10:55 am said:

:-)

+ Loserkid on February 1st, 2012 at 11:27 am said:

I have a question.. How is the “Honor Quotient” going to work for the wifi version since it does not have GPS included in the hardware?

+ lPHOENIXZEROl on February 1st, 2012 at 11:36 am said:

@20 Loserkid

The WiFi model’s location detection will be done through WiFi hotspots in the Skyhook database.

+ Loserkid on February 1st, 2012 at 11:39 am said:

@21 Ah ok. Can you send me a link regarding that information? I would like to read up more on that.

+ lPHOENIXZEROl on February 1st, 2012 at 11:51 am said:

Don’t know if the link will go through, but this should explain what the Vita will be using.

+ lPHOENIXZEROl on February 1st, 2012 at 11:53 am said:

@23 Loserkid

Well, I posted a message with a link but it’s requiring moderation. Just search for “Skyhook Wireless” it’ll bring you to their site and you should be able to find the page that explains how it works.

It won’t be as accurate or widely usable as the 3G version’s but it’s still usable.

+ Loserkid on February 1st, 2012 at 12:09 pm said:

That worked, thanks! Hopefully, NEAR will work with Skyhook Wireless.

+ lPHOENIXZEROl on February 1st, 2012 at 12:27 pm said:

It should, the WiFi hotspot just needs to be in Skyhook’s database. I’m pretty sure the 3G model uses Skyhook too as part of it’s method of location detection.

+ JadeZodiac on February 1st, 2012 at 12:56 pm said:

Normally I’m not one to comment on here very often, but I had to jump in here and say “Thank You” to NISA for bringing your fantastic games over to the US. I didn’t start getting into the Disgaea series until late last year with the first, and loved it. I’ve been playing Disgaea 2 for the past 2 weeks now and am loving it even more than the first. With all the new features and capabilities of the Vita, I’m definitely looking forward to continuing the series. You guys are awesome!

~Newly Converted Fan~

+ lPHOENIXZEROl on February 1st, 2012 at 1:18 pm said:

I might check it out… Just tell me that super annoying character doesn’t do that much actual talking in the game DUDE!

+ venkat4647 on February 1st, 2012 at 1:37 pm said:

test

+ venkat4647 on February 1st, 2012 at 2:00 pm said:

hello

+ venkat4647 on February 1st, 2012 at 2:22 pm said:

this is test comment

+ Websblobs on February 1st, 2012 at 2:25 pm said:

“PS Vita’s First RPG Hits in April” I thought that Gravity Rush was an RPG? Also, no price point?

+ XFRod on February 1st, 2012 at 2:38 pm said:

Yay, Dood!

+ Graywolffe on February 1st, 2012 at 3:06 pm said:

Sony, thanks for the digital download discounts!

+ angelus67671 on February 1st, 2012 at 3:50 pm said:

nice can’t wait thanks Nis dood

+ marlyt on February 1st, 2012 at 3:56 pm said:

10,000,000 HOURS!!! Boom! Never played anything from this series but that was a very strong trailer for an RPG. Pre-order commencing soon.

+ Enigma777 on February 1st, 2012 at 3:59 pm said:

I still have D3 sealed on my shelf. I’ll certainly pick this up though, since I like to play SRPGs on handhelds more.

+ CircleBoi6 on February 1st, 2012 at 4:30 pm said:

I can’t wait for this game. I have Disgaea 3 on PS3 (which is my first Disgaea game) and I loved it. It would be cool if the character sprites looked more like the ones on Disgaea 4, but I’ll have fun on this regardless.

+ FearMonkey on February 1st, 2012 at 5:18 pm said:

This is the only reason I’m getting a Vita. <3

+ Xandrius on February 1st, 2012 at 5:27 pm said:

Even tho I got it for ps3 I’m temped to get this one anyway. I didn’t beat it on ps3 and I think the extra content and all the dlc included may justify the purchase. looking forward to giving Disgaea another shot.

+ Mies2000 on February 1st, 2012 at 8:32 pm said:

Hey Zook,

Do I need to play the last two to know whats going on?

+ venkat4647 on February 1st, 2012 at 10:11 pm said:

good

+ guillaumecribier on February 2nd, 2012 at 1:07 am said:

great

+ ANTANTANT on February 2nd, 2012 at 2:00 am said:

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!

+ CircleBoi6 on February 2nd, 2012 at 4:58 pm said:

#42 Not really. All of the games have a different story.

+ SnWnMe on February 2nd, 2012 at 10:18 pm said:

YES! I already wrote off the Vita for the near future due to my lack of interest in the launch line up. Disgaea 3 gave me a reason to go buy the PSV ASAP!

10,000,000 hours LOL. Love your humor. Keep up the good work.

+ Curtisio on February 2nd, 2012 at 10:40 pm said:

Somehow this reminds me of Saturday morning cartoons… Thank goodness I’m not a kid!

+ Mister-Nep on February 3rd, 2012 at 6:50 am said:

Desco is pleased to see this game coming out soon.

Will definitely pick this up at launch. Vita or no Vita I want to support this game.

+ Deadlywolf04 on February 8th, 2012 at 5:29 pm said:

Heh it’s funny, I first bought a PS3 ages ago when I learned about Disgaea 3 coming out for it, now it’s the reason I’m saving up for a PSVita.
I also hope GUST will port over there amazing library to the Vita as well, all in all thanks for being awesome NISAmerica!

PAGE 1 2