Final Fantasy XV

Feb 07

Feb 07

Play as the Villains in New Uncharted 3 Co-op Adventure DLC

Eric Monacelli's Avatar Posted by Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

Like UNCHARTED

By now you’re hopefully well versed in the long gun nuances, co-op narrative and all the hanging-by-your-fingers-on-edge-of-a-cliff action found in Uncharted 3 multiplayer. Today we’re firing a heavy salvo of Uncharted 3 DLC information your way featuring new content to download individually, or as part of the Fortune Hunter’s Club program. Downloading this fresh content will blow out the co-op storyline and expand the UNCHARTED series in ways that have never been done before.

Coming in today’s PlayStation Store update to Uncharted 3 is the Fort Co-Op adventure DLC. Did some of you guess that from our screenshot hint? Fort Co-Op Adventure will mark the first time in the series you’ll be able to play co-op as the UNCHARTED villains with Zoran Lazarević, Eddy Raja, Harry Flynn joining forces in a tale that further explores the mystery behind the Janus head statue from the on-disc co-op adventure. Check out a preview of that adventure here:

Worried you’re becoming an easy target because you’re always playing as Elena, Desert Drake, or Chloe? We have some new skins for you to try. Also available today, February 7th, are the Rogues Skin Pack 1 and Rogues Skin Pack 2 as well as everybody’s favorite the skins, the Doughnut Skin Pack.

DLC_U3_NewSkins_RoguesPack_2_ENDLC_U3_NewSkins_DonutPack_ENDLC_U3_NewSkins_RoguesPack_1_EN

If you’re itching for some competitive action on February 21st you can download the Plaza, Temple, Train Wreck, and Village maps in the Flashback Map Pack 2 DLC. Your favorite maps return with all-new dynamic lighting effects, cutting-edge particle effects and a bevy of other fresh technical polish. The lighting on every map has been completely redone. This map pack provides a good look at what kind of technical and gameplay shine we can put on Uncharted 3 multiplayer maps.

DLC_Pack1_U3MapsFlashback2_Thumbs_ENGLISH

If you want to buy all this content standalone here’s a handy pricing breakdown:

• February 7, 2012 -Fort Co-Op Adventure: $5.99
  • February 7, 2012 –Doughnut Skin Pack: $1.99
  • February 7, 2012 –Rogues Skin Pack 1: $2.99
  • February 7, 2012 – Rogues Skin Pack 2: $2.99
  • February 21, 2012 – Flashback Map Pack 2: $9.99

If you’re game for becoming a member or already a member all this content will be available free to you as part of the Fortune Hunters’ Club. If not, you can become a member today by purchasing the FHC from the PS Store. It’s a fantastic deal at $24.99.

buynow

As a FHC member you’ll save over 60% on the 14 packs of Uncharted 3 DLC. Current members and any new membership purchased will receive all currently available and any upcoming DLC packs for Uncharted 3. The exclusive Fortune Hunters’ Club theme will let you know when new Uncharted 3 DLC hits right from the XMB of your PS3.

The full lowdown on what big DLC is coming after this batch of February awesomeness will follow in a future blog update. We have some very cool surprises for you. Here’s a hint:

flamingskull_icon

Uncharted 3 heavy metal mode? A tie-in with The Misfits Fiend Club? Nope, but we’ll have details on exactly what this symbol means in just a little over a month. Remember to be sure to be on the lookout for some brand new, Uncharted 3 renditions of your favorite maps in the middle of the month! For now, see you in your new skins and in the Fort!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

lve_msg said:

February 7th, 8:18 am

0.o new maps!

JimmyHACK said:

February 7th, 8:18 am

DLCeeeeeeeeeeeee… that treasure fix still needs some fixing.. and yes everyone kickback numbers will be adjusted

lve_msg said:

February 7th, 8:20 am

Village
Temple
Plaza
Train Wreck

Those were my faviorite UC2 maps, can’t wait.

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

Eric Monacelli said:

February 7th, 12:45 pm

Awesome! Be ready for them on Feb 21st!

BlindsideDork said:

February 7th, 8:22 am

Glad I didn’t buy the Fortune Hunter’s pack…I bought Uncharted 2, should I have to rebuy the old maps/skins?

Shadow-Man_4 said:

February 7th, 8:23 am

I’m an FHC member and am loving the DLC! Really, you guys are doing a great job spreading them over each month, please keep providing us with more exciting, unexpected, mind-blowing stuff. Naughty Dog does a great job at that! :’)

As for the patches, you guys are seriously lacking. We need more fixes per patch, as of right now, the previous 2 patches are there just for the DLC, and it’s so obvious. We want patches just like 1.02, the first retail patch. More technical fixes please. Party splitting bug, when is it going to be fixed? It is serious!

So, Eric, any insight as to when can we expect the next big patch? A patch that will fix alot of stuff? Other than that, we want to be able to play some matches with you guys just like in Uncharted 2. Maybe host a special event where we play against the dogs?

Oh, and one more thing before I leave, any new game modes/playlists? I started to get bored of them already since I’m stuck at 3rd legacy level 75. Please reply to what you can from the above questions. :)

I took a break from U3 the past week because of the lack of content, played Arkham City, what an awesome game! Guess I’ll be back to Uncharted 3 this week.

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

Eric Monacelli said:

February 7th, 12:47 pm

We’re hard at work on patches and will roll them out as they are ready. It takes time to QA them and certain patches need to be released in order to work with our DLC as the DLC releases so you can expect patches around the timing of the DLC in most cases. We’ll be sure to let you know what changes will be made in the patches over at http://www.naughtydog.com

Vorlord said:

February 7th, 8:24 am

Well this should be interesting! I’m guessing the skull is probably a new symbol for the new high legacy, which I’m hoping for, so I can finally pass Legacy 3! This will be a great year!

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

Eric Monacelli said:

February 7th, 12:54 pm

Hmmmmm…..maaaaybe. Keep those guesses coming!

Psyschock said:

February 7th, 8:25 am

I really hope the hint is about a flaming skull mask unlocked at level 100 (people who saw the leaked badges will know what I mean) and the shambala guardian mask that we saw in a alpha video of the game. But what I most hope for is that this hints at a supernatural survial arena mode with zombies, shambala guardians and smokeless fire demons!

Ramage said:

February 7th, 8:27 am

Will any of the DLC contain additional trophies like the additional killzone packs did? I am already in FHC but I’d really like to keep earning trophies as I play more.

Also, I’m going to guess that skull has to do with the level cap

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

Eric Monacelli said:

February 7th, 12:54 pm

There will be no additional trophies with this DLC.

Pesico said:

February 7th, 8:43 am

First and foremost. Great job on the DLC. Gonna be sweet to play Co-op adventure as Villains. Eddy Raja! I’m enjoying the DLC a lot, but please, can you add trophies to them to? I’ll enjoy them without them to, but it brought something special with Uncharted 2 DLC when we could hunt for trophies. It’s possible to make good online trophies to, without it effecting people that don’t care about trophies.

DeadSancus said:

February 7th, 8:44 am

How about some extra trophies for multiplayer?

saab01 said:

February 7th, 8:48 am

Naughty Dog you didn’t mention in the 1.04 patch if the following has been fixed

1. Not being shown as legacy in game.
2. Not being able to pick up certain treasures from glowing treasure chests.
3. Lag in the beginning of Airstrip and London Underground
4. Oh yeah and the game has been freezing also for me after matches the spinning ring will just keep spinning.

Any update would be helpful. And yes i already wrote this on your forum and didn’t get any good answers from other people.

ERC1980 said:

February 7th, 8:49 am

neato!

damn man the store is gonna be packed with new content today.

very excited as a gamer though

saab01 said:

February 7th, 8:51 am

Why am i seeing delayed posts ?

saab01 said:

February 7th, 8:52 am

Has the legacy issue been fixed anyone. A lot of people were talking about not being seen as legacy in game for online does anyone know if it was fixed in the new patch ?

Link01 said:

February 7th, 8:52 am

Sweet.. a survival mode with the ‘flaming demons’ from the story :3. Awesome DLC. Guys, please up the damage for the M9 though (it’s underpowered compared to everything but the AK). Amazing DLC, you guys caught me off guard by not allowing the Flash back 2 maps to show up in Custom game again ;).

Link01 said:

February 7th, 8:52 am

Oh, when are you guys going to add more trophies for multiplayer? Don’t tell me that that’s a thing of the past now?

Xer0Signal said:

February 7th, 8:56 am

This DLC looks neat, looking forward to jumping back into co-op.

I don’t want to come off as whining, but, I’d love to see more trophies patched in with future updates.

I loved those extra trophies in UC2 and some of them took forever to achieve. That’s part of what kept me coming back every day.

ElChingon2588 said:

February 7th, 9:00 am

Sweet! :D

FnlD said:

February 7th, 9:00 am

How big/lengthy is the co-op adventure compared to the on disc levels? It’s one level, right?

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

Eric Monacelli said:

February 7th, 1:02 pm

Yes, it’s one level, a prelude, that can be played on various skill level settings. It’ll take you as long as it does for other co-op adventure levels. Our QA guys, who are pros at it say it’s about 20 minutes with three people.

sabot37 said:

February 7th, 9:01 am

Multiplayer trophies? I’m stoked as always for more Uncharted DLC, but really hoping for trophies to encourage me to play Multiplayer more. Why is Battlefield 3 the only AAA title with multiplayer trophies these days?

asw98 said:

February 7th, 9:20 am

@comment number 2 , they issued a patch 1.04 for the treasure fix and i’m glad they did , i spent hours and hours on co-op adventure. Very excited about the new maps!!! looking forward to pwn the noobs

ckpotc said:

February 7th, 9:27 am

Can’t wait! The new co-op adventure looks great and the I love those U2 maps! Hopefully some new Uncharted 3 avatars will be released too.

T-Cal said:

February 7th, 9:37 am

Online trophies? If not, FHC was wasteful…

JimmyHACK said:

February 7th, 9:39 am

Trophies do not belong in multiplayer.. thank you :)

Blkant said:

February 7th, 9:41 am

Now this, is cool. :) I just hope we get to see the other special enemies in DLC as well, from U:DF and U2. That and sanctuary as a MP map would be nice too, and then lastly, I want to drive those jeeps. :P

KwietStorm said:

February 7th, 9:51 am

We’re never getting new maps are we? Just re-skinned old maps. And no multiplayer trophies either.

Bigcalv2002 said:

February 7th, 9:55 am

@23, just because you don’t want trophies in online does not mean others do not want it!

@24, sanctuary is out, Flashback map pack 01

Arcadian_Rebel said:

February 7th, 10:00 am

Please do not milk the game with loads of DLC, but don’t get me wrong, I LOVE new maps. :D Probably going to be buying these packs later today!

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

Eric Monacelli said:

February 7th, 1:26 pm

We’ll have 14 packs of DLC. You can figure out how many we’ve announced so far :)

Zacky-V-A7X said:

February 7th, 10:16 am

Awesome!!! Can’t wait, please heroes skins! just like uncharted 2

Heavenly_king said:

February 7th, 10:25 am

the co-op DLC looks great, might buy it :D

jimmyfoxhound said:

February 7th, 10:41 am

Yay moar recycled maps!!! This “fortune hunter” club was a total rip off. Naughty Dog gets the fortune while we get leftovers from Uncharted 2. Boooo!

ItaChu said:

February 7th, 10:53 am

ill wait for the GOTY edition thnx

Chase167 said:

February 7th, 10:58 am

where are the new trophies at

SPOOKULA209 said:

February 7th, 11:05 am

this is the only game I bought dlc for this year, dues ex will be my next one. if they keep supporting the games like this then people can’t deny how good this game is. I just beat the story last night and I couldn’t believe what had been done with the locations and graphics.

snakeeyes211 said:

February 7th, 11:25 am

Awesome :-)

SolduNuts said:

February 7th, 11:56 am

Besides the single player, I have not played this game online much. Now that my FHC membership is paying off, not that I didn’t think it would, I will get back into the online portion of this great franchise. Can’t wait for the next announcement. Hopefully, maybe a new game mode with new maps. Until then look for me online.

Sold.

Smooth423 said:

February 7th, 12:10 pm

Makes me proud to be a fortune hunter. I will see you alter tonight Elena!

mistasmooth25 said:

February 7th, 12:21 pm

Is that black and white picture supposed to be of those flaming demon guys from chapter 21?

residentSteve said:

February 7th, 12:39 pm

Call me strange but I want to see a doughnut version of Chloe and elena come on nd make it happen it would be a laugh.

USCFAN said:

February 7th, 12:51 pm

I never got around to purchasing Uncharted 2, but I am a FHC member and I’m digging the retro maps. They’re new to me :)

DuoMaxwell007 said:

February 7th, 12:56 pm

so how many packs left do we have as Fortune Hunters club members? surely ALL future uncharted 3 dlc wont remain free for Fortune Hunters club members… i mean Id have a hard time believing that if you made 100-200 bucks of UC3 DLC FHC members are gonna get it all for 25 bucks… otherwise why sell DLC separately when you can just get a one time see of 25 and have it all. (now if FHC was a limited thing and it was no longer sold after the first week of its announcement THEN i could understand but even now its STILL being sold)

Lastly I remember when FHC was first announce it was distinctly stated how many Map pack and character pack the FHC would be good for (i seem to have forgotten those numbers) that too leads me to believe that eventually even us FHC members will have to start paying for Maps/Skins. Would you care to clarify for us Eric?

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

Eric Monacelli said:

February 7th, 1:31 pm

FHC members will get 14 packs, this includes all packs released and upcoming. After Feb 21st and the Flashback Map Pack 2 release there will be 4 more. Those are our plans for the FHC for now.

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

Eric Monacelli said:

February 7th, 1:33 pm

Your math is a bit off too. It’s 60% savings which means all the DLC packs standalone would be 60% over the cost of the FHC. So roughly $65 instead of the $25 you’re paying for the FHC. It’s a great deal.

ReptileHand said:

February 7th, 1:44 pm

I knew the villians were going to be playable! Wow! TODAY? And all these skins too? These skins add so much more variety to the Uncharted Multiplayer now =) Instead of playing as a story character all the time we get to play as regular villians and heroes! And you guys kept it under wraps until today! You sly dogs you… Can’t wait for more flashback maps! Loved the first four!

LAClennell said:

February 7th, 1:50 pm

I am highly disappointed in lack of DLC Trophies. Even a couple of trophies for the new Co-op mission would have been nice, heck, I gladly would’ve accepted just one (even if it was to do the mission on crushing)

i feel that i’ve wasted 20 quid now

ReptileHand said:

February 7th, 2:00 pm

Oh and I have a pretty good idea on what the meaning behind that symbol means, a lot of people have been suggesting a new mode… based on survival… around special people from Uncharted 1+2+3. I could be wrong, but I had a good hunch on this Co-op DLC too.

FORMIK said:

February 7th, 2:10 pm

I like your new approach to DLC, just tell me one thing: will you keep the Fortune Hunter’s Club around for those late to the party?
There is such a thing as too many good games, as my current library of games can attest!

Also, any plans on a 2nd Heroes Pack? I suggest Joel from The Last Of Us as one of the heroes.

shadysaiyanz said:

February 7th, 2:10 pm

I hope that flaming skull has NOTHING to do with a level cap increase, not everyone is 75 maxed out level 3 legacy, i got the game day 1 (before i bought it again as a CE later, yeah i still have both copies too) and play everyday for about 2-5 hours and im only legacy 1 rank 54. Not everyone can sit at home ALL DAY and play nonstop and make out and complain, it’s only been 3 months too, seriously. It’s mostly due to the October thing but still. I for one didn’t get on in October because i wanted to started at the level of others not be some GOD mode person and destroy everyone and turn people off the game.

..But anyway, my guess (hopefully not level cap increase) is that we’ll have some [SPOILER] Flaming skull head soldiers from the Single player with the option to adjust the flame color of course. While i think that’d be sweet, i would already only see that everywhere in the multiplayer haha. Tons more accessories for all skins would be a sweet update.

warezIbanez said:

February 7th, 2:12 pm

Sorry, you may only see me get the Fort co-op map if you guys are only going to keep throwing out the same old maps. The easy solution for me is to go and play some Uncharted 2 again. When you guys come up with some *NEW DESIGNS* for maps, then I’ll definitely bite, but if you’re following the same path that Infinity Ward does for their crappy games and Guerrilla did with KZ3, then you’re not going to see the same support from me.

tapantaola said:

February 7th, 2:12 pm

Eric, can you tell us the download size of the Fort Co-op pack and the Flashback Map pack #2? Thanks in advance!

SJay1994 said:

February 7th, 2:15 pm

@ jimmyfoxhound

Heres an idea…. what about people who never played Uncharted 2? What about people who just got a PS3? Are they getting leftovers or are they getting new maps? Just because you and I bought Uncharted 2…. it does not mean the people who did not should not experience these maps.

Plus, its not like they are ripping them straight out of 2 and putting it into 3. They actual update it to run with the new multiplayer engine and re-texture it so it is both new and familiar to uncharted 2 veterans.

Your 70 dollars were justified with this game… but all you people want is more and more. The 25 dollars you spent on the fortune hunter club was justified as well

So rather than whinning and complaining… shut up and let people who never played Uncharted 2 mp enjoy these new maps

PAGE 1 2