LittleBigPlanet 3

Super Stardust Delta for PS Vita: DLC and New Screens Revealed

Josh Miller's Avatar + Posted by Josh Miller on Feb 13, 2012 // Producer, Sony Computer Entertainment America

Super Stardust Delta launches exclusively on PS Vita this February 15th, and we couldn’t be more excited! Built from the ground up for PS Vita, this PSN downloadable game brings all of the interstellar action of the original PS3 arcade shooter to the palm of your hand. In addition to the fully re-designed classic PS3 modes, we’ve included exciting new mini-games such as Crush, Disc Slide, Orbit Bomber, Rock and Roll, and Trucker. We’ve also utilized PS Vita’s front touchscreen, rear touchscreen and motion sensors to introduce all-new controls that enable you to launch missiles, create black holes, unleash crush attacks and trigger massive shockwaves. You’ll also be able to access Super Stardust Delta’s robust global online leaderboard via PS Vita’s Wi-Fi and 3G capabilities, so you’ll be able to compare your scores on-the-go.

Super Stardust Delta for PS Vita

Super Stardust Delta will be available for download at PS Vita’s launch for $9.99. On day one, you’ll also be able to download the Super Stardust Delta “Blast Pack” to pick up four additional game modes including Endless, Impact, Bomber and Twin Gun. The Blast Pack will be available separately on the PlayStation Store for $8.00. You’ll also be able to score the full game and the Blast Pack for just $14.99 if you choose to download them together in the “Interstellar Bundle.”

In the meantime, we’ve provided a fresh batch of screens below give you a taste of Super Stardust Delta’s vibrant galactic visuals. Be sure to get in on the asteroid-blasting action and pick up Super Stardust Delta when it launches next week!

Super Stardust Delta for PS Vita

Super Stardust Delta for PS VitaSuper Stardust Delta for PS Vita

46 Comments

+ BlindsideDork on February 13th, 2012 at 6:12 am said:

Bundle with DLC?! Grrr, this wasn’t released last week :(

+ Morggo on February 13th, 2012 at 6:12 am said:

Damn. I already (pre)-bought the game on the Store last week, without the DLC, so I’m not eligible for the $3 rebate provided by the bundle ?? Is there anyway that I buy the DLC at a reduced price ($5) ?

+ MarinoBrea on February 13th, 2012 at 6:19 am said:

There isn’t such a thing as too much Super Stardust.

+ randellaUK on February 13th, 2012 at 6:25 am said:

Do the dlc add added trophies do you know?

+ steamone06 on February 13th, 2012 at 6:28 am said:

Um on it got 70$ on my pen account can’t wait

+ ScreamAimFire999 on February 13th, 2012 at 6:29 am said:

Glad there is a bundle. I plan on getting this. But I was worried at first. The DLC costs almost as much as the game.

+ Blade133 on February 13th, 2012 at 6:31 am said:

At first when I read about day-one DLC, I was a little upset, but the bundle seems like a wise approach. I was expecting this to be a $15 game anyway, so it’s nice to let unsure players just download most of the game for $10 and buy the DLC later if they wish.

+ Conaaando on February 13th, 2012 at 6:35 am said:

WOW, outstanding graphics!!!

+ Reluctant-Hero on February 13th, 2012 at 6:48 am said:

Whoops, I jumped the gun and already downloaded the SSD last week for $9.99. Guess I’ll miss out on the bundle. But I don’t mind kicking an extra $3.00 over to Housemarque!

+ Genexi2 on February 13th, 2012 at 6:59 am said:

Toss in a cross-compatible PS3 copy and you’ve got me money.

I’ve wasted a little too much time on SSD:HD, would love to do Delta both at home on my big screen and on the go.

+ dragonmagician on February 13th, 2012 at 7:05 am said:

Oops…already brought the game last week, so I guess I won’t be getting the DLC. So much for being an early adopter…

+ MrPatrick16 on February 13th, 2012 at 7:28 am said:

i hope this game will let you play your own music as well like the other one did because thats what really kept my interest in the game..i will probably get this game but if the DLC doesnt add trophies, i’d rather just buy the game and keep it at that..still, the game looks awesome and i cant wait to play it

+ ChaseHammerJ on February 13th, 2012 at 7:30 am said:

YAY! More Pre-Release developed DLC…

*smh*

+ Major_Hoare on February 13th, 2012 at 7:38 am said:

Super Stardust is a great game; however, day one DLC is such a pile of steaming CRAP I’ll have to pass on this purchase until the inevitable discount priced bundle hits in the PSN sometime between the summer and fall.

+ DZORMAGEN on February 13th, 2012 at 7:50 am said:

I hope Plus members don’t get left our when it comes to PS Vita games.

+ KidCommando on February 13th, 2012 at 7:53 am said:

THIS will be my first Vita game….once a decent Wi-Fi bundle comes along that is.

+ Permafry_42 on February 13th, 2012 at 8:00 am said:

“On day one, you’ll also be able to download the Super Stardust Delta “Blast Pack” to pick up four additional game modes including Endless, Impact, Bomber and Twin Gun. The Blast Pack will be available separately on the PlayStation Store for $8.00.”

… i hate day 1 dlc…

+ kNoWlEdGe22 on February 13th, 2012 at 8:11 am said:

It’s unfortunate that I pre-downloaded the game… guess I’ll wait for a price drop before getting the DLC…

+ head20 on February 13th, 2012 at 8:16 am said:

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no fair i already download it and been playing since Friday i wont my discount no fair no fair

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on February 13th, 2012 at 8:23 am said:

is this game can be played on my PS3??

+ bravo9zero on February 13th, 2012 at 8:34 am said:

Will definitely be getting this game on PS Vita launch (UK)
Just a shame about the DLC, I’ve already bought previous DLC for SSHD for those excct same modes (minus Twin Gun, not sure about that)

Though I do hope you support this game with unique DLC , like new weapons.modes/planets Etc.

+ LionFranco on February 13th, 2012 at 8:38 am said:

I think it is kinda dumb to have Day 1 PAID DLC like this. Day 1 free DLC is fine, but for it to be paid is just stupid. Why didnt you just sell the whole thing together for $14.99, no one would have said a damned thing about the price, especially if people saw that there were 8 or 9 game modes for that $14.99.

But for people to see the game release with $8 dlc just makes people think that Sony or the Devs are money hungry. I mean i’ll be buying it with the DLC for $14.99, because that just makes sense for this game, but i think it is a bad idea to FEATURE that you are going to have $8 DLC day 1.

Bad decision making, IMO.

+ Pesico on February 13th, 2012 at 9:03 am said:

@22: That doesn’t make any sense. Now you have the option between paying $9.99 for the regular game or $14.99 for the game plus DLC. You have an option. If they didn’t have DLC, your only option would be to get everything for $14.99. Whether it’s called DLC or not doesn’t change that.

+ DazeOfWar on February 13th, 2012 at 9:10 am said:

Awesome. This was a definite buy for me no matter what. I loved SSD on the PS3 and can’t wait to play Delta.

+ MarkakaJin on February 13th, 2012 at 9:22 am said:

Lawl, I had a feeling this game would have DLC right off the bat. I love arcade games like this and I’ll get SSD for sure. I can’t wait anymore longer!!!

+ God-Of-Lyf on February 13th, 2012 at 10:21 am said:

Sweet, More rip off the gamer DLC has been ported to the Vita. I bet this thing doesn’t last 2 years. I hate the name, and I hate how they treat their customers when it comes to handhelds. R.I.P. Vita

P.S. Whoever came up with the name needs to be shot in the head asap!!!

+ magicx11 on February 13th, 2012 at 10:46 am said:

ok, why the f@ck is playstation blog not answering my questions. all i want to know is if the ps vita 3G will worker over the whole U.S. or only some parts.

+ ChaseHammerJ on February 13th, 2012 at 10:47 am said:

@26, yep Vita is crap, NGP was WAAAAAY better

@27, 3G on the Vita will be the same as your cell phone. if you have cell tower coverage then it will work, if not then it wont. Its AT&T 3G again just like a cell phone.

+ kilburni86 on February 13th, 2012 at 11:31 am said:

Bought this the other day in anticipation of my Vita and would LOVE to get the DLC added to my purchase for $5 if that’s possible. If not, no big deal I suppose…I’d just hold off on the DLC for a while.

+ THE_MR_PENGUIN on February 13th, 2012 at 11:49 am said:

will there be any way for early adopters to upgrade there purchases to the bundled version?

to save the the 3 dollars?
might not sound like much but it all adds up.

+ Curtisio on February 13th, 2012 at 12:59 pm said:

This and Escape Plan are my day one games!

I also look forward to the demos available to play with on Feb 22, when I get mine!

+ poodude on February 13th, 2012 at 1:23 pm said:

Really looking forward to this one, will the Blast Pack add new trophies?

+ Brapp347 on February 13th, 2012 at 2:46 pm said:

Omg, It looks soo good. This is what I’ve been waiting almost a year for. Only 9 more days left!

+ dlhdav7 on February 13th, 2012 at 4:46 pm said:

LOL!!!!!! for all you that paid for this game it sucks to be you !!!! this is the game that there giving away !! with the dlc !!!! loooooooooooooooooooooool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jump to soon and you miss the hoop !!!!!lol!!!!

+ dlhdav7 on February 13th, 2012 at 4:51 pm said:

i’m sorry that’s not funny!! oh yes it is !!!!! so now all you get is the free 3g for a month !!!! BUT NO GAME!!!LMAO!!!

+ Sneeches on February 13th, 2012 at 5:56 pm said:

LOVE Super Stardust, day one buy for me!!!

+ ANGRYFEAR5 on February 13th, 2012 at 9:02 pm said:

I already bought the gamefrom last weeks Store update…is there any way the people who bought it early can get the dlc for $5 instead of $8?

+ ANGRYFEAR5 on February 13th, 2012 at 9:09 pm said:

This is the game that they’re giving away!? (facepalm), any possibility of getting a refund for the PSN purchase I made? Freaking Sony had to announce the free game at the last minute!

+ eatheror on February 14th, 2012 at 8:49 am said:

Smart move Sony.

You figured out how to get those who get the AT&T DataConnect Pass “free game” to buy the game anyway.

A lot of people were looking to get Super Stardust Delta. From these comments, a lot of people already have. Now, many of those who would have bought SS:D, yet get it ‘free’, will spend the $8 for the day 1 DLC.

So this is how it plays: Give the core game away as the “free game” to those who pay an extra $50 for the 3G/WiFi Vita, then pay another $15 for the 250mb in 1 month of AT&T 3G. Then you’ve got them on the hook for another $8 if they want the day 1 DLC. You guys do know tactics.

I just hope you’re not losing the war on your overall strategy.

+ Filmfreak1138 on February 14th, 2012 at 9:09 am said:

im so ready for for next week. this will be on my PSVita on day one! i can not wait! who in the D/FW area is getting this game?

+ dlhdav7 on February 14th, 2012 at 9:34 am said:

@39…you get the dlc with the game! so it’s all free!

+ warriorprincess8 on February 14th, 2012 at 2:51 pm said:

Sorry if u purchased the SSD prior to finding out that is the free game that comes with the 3G pass it also includes the DLC. I don’t see why anyone would blame Sony, I waited until I knew exactly what the free game would be before deciding on what to purchase. Too many negative comments about Sony it’s your fault if you couldn’t wait for confirmation on what the freee game would be.. I’ll be getting SSD tomorrow for free and purchasing escape plan instead.

+ tgnash on February 15th, 2012 at 3:54 am said:

Hi, just bought the Super Stardust Delta Bundle, but it gave me an error code “Could not install – C2-12383-7) when trying to install. Please help.

+ eatheror on February 15th, 2012 at 11:31 am said:

@41 … thanks for the correction. I’d seen in a few places that you got the Super Stardust Delta with the DataConnect. The $10 game cost made sense, since the Launch Bundle is promoted as a $55 ‘value’ ($30 8gb card, $15 1/mo 250mb 3G, $10 game = $55). I guess they decided to make that a $60 ‘value’ with a $15 game.

It’s up live on the PS Vita AT&T page:

“When you purchase and activate an AT&T DataConnect plan, receive Super Star Dust plus DLC ($14.99 value)”

Nice.

Josh Miller's Avatar

+ Josh Miller on February 21st, 2012 at 3:18 pm said:

Having trouble installing Super Stardust Delta on PS Vita? Get help here: http://bit.ly/cciXnC . Include your PSN ID and any error codes.

+ MrSniffer on February 21st, 2012 at 11:17 pm said:

The “Interstellar Bundle” doesn’t appear to be anywhere on the Playstation Store along with the other Vita launch titles. What’s up?