Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Feb 13

Feb 13

Super Stardust Delta for PS Vita: DLC and New Screens Revealed

Josh Miller's Avatar Posted by Producer, Sony Computer Entertainment America

Super Stardust Delta launches exclusively on PS Vita this February 15th, and we couldn’t be more excited! Built from the ground up for PS Vita, this PSN downloadable game brings all of the interstellar action of the original PS3 arcade shooter to the palm of your hand. In addition to the fully re-designed classic PS3 modes, we’ve included exciting new mini-games such as Crush, Disc Slide, Orbit Bomber, Rock and Roll, and Trucker. We’ve also utilized PS Vita’s front touchscreen, rear touchscreen and motion sensors to introduce all-new controls that enable you to launch missiles, create black holes, unleash crush attacks and trigger massive shockwaves. You’ll also be able to access Super Stardust Delta’s robust global online leaderboard via PS Vita’s Wi-Fi and 3G capabilities, so you’ll be able to compare your scores on-the-go.

Super Stardust Delta for PS Vita

Super Stardust Delta will be available for download at PS Vita’s launch for $9.99. On day one, you’ll also be able to download the Super Stardust Delta “Blast Pack” to pick up four additional game modes including Endless, Impact, Bomber and Twin Gun. The Blast Pack will be available separately on the PlayStation Store for $8.00. You’ll also be able to score the full game and the Blast Pack for just $14.99 if you choose to download them together in the “Interstellar Bundle.”

In the meantime, we’ve provided a fresh batch of screens below give you a taste of Super Stardust Delta’s vibrant galactic visuals. Be sure to get in on the asteroid-blasting action and pick up Super Stardust Delta when it launches next week!

Super Stardust Delta for PS Vita

Super Stardust Delta for PS VitaSuper Stardust Delta for PS Vita

Add Your Own

BlindsideDork said:

February 13th, 6:12 am

Bundle with DLC?! Grrr, this wasn’t released last week :(

Morggo said:

February 13th, 6:12 am

Damn. I already (pre)-bought the game on the Store last week, without the DLC, so I’m not eligible for the $3 rebate provided by the bundle ?? Is there anyway that I buy the DLC at a reduced price ($5) ?

MarinoBrea said:

February 13th, 6:19 am

There isn’t such a thing as too much Super Stardust.

randellaUK said:

February 13th, 6:25 am

Do the dlc add added trophies do you know?

steamone06 said:

February 13th, 6:28 am

Um on it got 70$ on my pen account can’t wait

ScreamAimFire999 said:

February 13th, 6:29 am

Glad there is a bundle. I plan on getting this. But I was worried at first. The DLC costs almost as much as the game.

Blade133 said:

February 13th, 6:31 am

At first when I read about day-one DLC, I was a little upset, but the bundle seems like a wise approach. I was expecting this to be a $15 game anyway, so it’s nice to let unsure players just download most of the game for $10 and buy the DLC later if they wish.

Conaaando said:

February 13th, 6:35 am

WOW, outstanding graphics!!!

Reluctant-Hero said:

February 13th, 6:48 am

Whoops, I jumped the gun and already downloaded the SSD last week for $9.99. Guess I’ll miss out on the bundle. But I don’t mind kicking an extra $3.00 over to Housemarque!

Genexi2 said:

February 13th, 6:59 am

Toss in a cross-compatible PS3 copy and you’ve got me money.

I’ve wasted a little too much time on SSD:HD, would love to do Delta both at home on my big screen and on the go.

dragonmagician said:

February 13th, 7:05 am

Oops…already brought the game last week, so I guess I won’t be getting the DLC. So much for being an early adopter…

MrPatrick16 said:

February 13th, 7:28 am

i hope this game will let you play your own music as well like the other one did because thats what really kept my interest in the game..i will probably get this game but if the DLC doesnt add trophies, i’d rather just buy the game and keep it at that..still, the game looks awesome and i cant wait to play it

ChaseHammerJ said:

February 13th, 7:30 am

YAY! More Pre-Release developed DLC…

*smh*

Major_Hoare said:

February 13th, 7:38 am

Super Stardust is a great game; however, day one DLC is such a pile of steaming CRAP I’ll have to pass on this purchase until the inevitable discount priced bundle hits in the PSN sometime between the summer and fall.

DZORMAGEN said:

February 13th, 7:50 am

I hope Plus members don’t get left our when it comes to PS Vita games.

KidCommando said:

February 13th, 7:53 am

THIS will be my first Vita game….once a decent Wi-Fi bundle comes along that is.

Permafry_42 said:

February 13th, 8:00 am

“On day one, you’ll also be able to download the Super Stardust Delta “Blast Pack” to pick up four additional game modes including Endless, Impact, Bomber and Twin Gun. The Blast Pack will be available separately on the PlayStation Store for $8.00.”

… i hate day 1 dlc…

kNoWlEdGe22 said:

February 13th, 8:11 am

It’s unfortunate that I pre-downloaded the game… guess I’ll wait for a price drop before getting the DLC…

head20 said:

February 13th, 8:16 am

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no fair i already download it and been playing since Friday i wont my discount no fair no fair

Cyb3rfr34k-iso said:

February 13th, 8:23 am

is this game can be played on my PS3??

bravo9zero said:

February 13th, 8:34 am

Will definitely be getting this game on PS Vita launch (UK)
Just a shame about the DLC, I’ve already bought previous DLC for SSHD for those excct same modes (minus Twin Gun, not sure about that)

Though I do hope you support this game with unique DLC , like new weapons.modes/planets Etc.

LionFranco said:

February 13th, 8:38 am

I think it is kinda dumb to have Day 1 PAID DLC like this. Day 1 free DLC is fine, but for it to be paid is just stupid. Why didnt you just sell the whole thing together for $14.99, no one would have said a damned thing about the price, especially if people saw that there were 8 or 9 game modes for that $14.99.

But for people to see the game release with $8 dlc just makes people think that Sony or the Devs are money hungry. I mean i’ll be buying it with the DLC for $14.99, because that just makes sense for this game, but i think it is a bad idea to FEATURE that you are going to have $8 DLC day 1.

Bad decision making, IMO.

Pesico said:

February 13th, 9:03 am

@22: That doesn’t make any sense. Now you have the option between paying $9.99 for the regular game or $14.99 for the game plus DLC. You have an option. If they didn’t have DLC, your only option would be to get everything for $14.99. Whether it’s called DLC or not doesn’t change that.

DazeOfWar said:

February 13th, 9:10 am

Awesome. This was a definite buy for me no matter what. I loved SSD on the PS3 and can’t wait to play Delta.

MarkakaJin said:

February 13th, 9:22 am

Lawl, I had a feeling this game would have DLC right off the bat. I love arcade games like this and I’ll get SSD for sure. I can’t wait anymore longer!!!

God-Of-Lyf said:

February 13th, 10:21 am

Sweet, More rip off the gamer DLC has been ported to the Vita. I bet this thing doesn’t last 2 years. I hate the name, and I hate how they treat their customers when it comes to handhelds. R.I.P. Vita

P.S. Whoever came up with the name needs to be shot in the head asap!!!

magicx11 said:

February 13th, 10:46 am

ok, why the f@ck is playstation blog not answering my questions. all i want to know is if the ps vita 3G will worker over the whole U.S. or only some parts.

ChaseHammerJ said:

February 13th, 10:47 am

@26, yep Vita is crap, NGP was WAAAAAY better

@27, 3G on the Vita will be the same as your cell phone. if you have cell tower coverage then it will work, if not then it wont. Its AT&T 3G again just like a cell phone.

kilburni86 said:

February 13th, 11:31 am

Bought this the other day in anticipation of my Vita and would LOVE to get the DLC added to my purchase for $5 if that’s possible. If not, no big deal I suppose…I’d just hold off on the DLC for a while.

THE_MR_PENGUIN said:

February 13th, 11:49 am

will there be any way for early adopters to upgrade there purchases to the bundled version?

to save the the 3 dollars?
might not sound like much but it all adds up.

Curtisio said:

February 13th, 12:59 pm

This and Escape Plan are my day one games!

I also look forward to the demos available to play with on Feb 22, when I get mine!

poodude said:

February 13th, 1:23 pm

Really looking forward to this one, will the Blast Pack add new trophies?

Brapp347 said:

February 13th, 2:46 pm

Omg, It looks soo good. This is what I’ve been waiting almost a year for. Only 9 more days left!

dlhdav7 said:

February 13th, 4:46 pm

LOL!!!!!! for all you that paid for this game it sucks to be you !!!! this is the game that there giving away !! with the dlc !!!! loooooooooooooooooooooool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jump to soon and you miss the hoop !!!!!lol!!!!

dlhdav7 said:

February 13th, 4:51 pm

i’m sorry that’s not funny!! oh yes it is !!!!! so now all you get is the free 3g for a month !!!! BUT NO GAME!!!LMAO!!!

Sneeches said:

February 13th, 5:56 pm

LOVE Super Stardust, day one buy for me!!!

ANGRYFEAR5 said:

February 13th, 9:02 pm

I already bought the gamefrom last weeks Store update…is there any way the people who bought it early can get the dlc for $5 instead of $8?

ANGRYFEAR5 said:

February 13th, 9:09 pm

This is the game that they’re giving away!? (facepalm), any possibility of getting a refund for the PSN purchase I made? Freaking Sony had to announce the free game at the last minute!

eatheror said:

February 14th, 8:49 am

Smart move Sony.

You figured out how to get those who get the AT&T DataConnect Pass “free game” to buy the game anyway.

A lot of people were looking to get Super Stardust Delta. From these comments, a lot of people already have. Now, many of those who would have bought SS:D, yet get it ‘free’, will spend the $8 for the day 1 DLC.

So this is how it plays: Give the core game away as the “free game” to those who pay an extra $50 for the 3G/WiFi Vita, then pay another $15 for the 250mb in 1 month of AT&T 3G. Then you’ve got them on the hook for another $8 if they want the day 1 DLC. You guys do know tactics.

I just hope you’re not losing the war on your overall strategy.

Filmfreak1138 said:

February 14th, 9:09 am

im so ready for for next week. this will be on my PSVita on day one! i can not wait! who in the D/FW area is getting this game?

dlhdav7 said:

February 14th, 9:34 am

@39…you get the dlc with the game! so it’s all free!

warriorprincess8 said:

February 14th, 2:51 pm

Sorry if u purchased the SSD prior to finding out that is the free game that comes with the 3G pass it also includes the DLC. I don’t see why anyone would blame Sony, I waited until I knew exactly what the free game would be before deciding on what to purchase. Too many negative comments about Sony it’s your fault if you couldn’t wait for confirmation on what the freee game would be.. I’ll be getting SSD tomorrow for free and purchasing escape plan instead.

tgnash said:

February 15th, 3:54 am

Hi, just bought the Super Stardust Delta Bundle, but it gave me an error code “Could not install – C2-12383-7) when trying to install. Please help.

eatheror said:

February 15th, 11:31 am

@41 … thanks for the correction. I’d seen in a few places that you got the Super Stardust Delta with the DataConnect. The $10 game cost made sense, since the Launch Bundle is promoted as a $55 ‘value’ ($30 8gb card, $15 1/mo 250mb 3G, $10 game = $55). I guess they decided to make that a $60 ‘value’ with a $15 game.

It’s up live on the PS Vita AT&T page:

“When you purchase and activate an AT&T DataConnect plan, receive Super Star Dust plus DLC ($14.99 value)”

Nice.

Josh Miller's Avatar

Josh Miller said:

February 21st, 3:18 pm

Having trouble installing Super Stardust Delta on PS Vita? Get help here: http://bit.ly/cciXnC . Include your PSN ID and any error codes.

MrSniffer said:

February 21st, 11:17 pm

The “Interstellar Bundle” doesn’t appear to be anywhere on the Playstation Store along with the other Vita launch titles. What’s up?