PS3-TLOU Left Behind

Mutant Blobs Attack Gets PS Vita Release Date, Valentine’s Day Love

Graham Smith's Avatar + Posted by Graham Smith on Feb 15, 2012 // COO, DrinkBox Studios

Mutant Blobs Attack for PS Vita (PSN)

Hey everyone, it’s Graham from DrinkBox Studios here again, and today we’ve got some seriously rockin’ news for you soon-to-be PS Vita owners and for you PS3 owners, too.

We obviously want everybody to download and play Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack for PS Vita, and so we’ve decided to release the game at a great price. Starting February 21, 2012 in North America, PS Vita owners will be able to download Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack from PlayStation Store for $7.99. Make sure to watch the official trailer below to check out some of the awesome stuff we’ve packed into the game:

Wait, There’s More?

Mutant Blobs Attack for PS Vita (PSN)

We hope you enjoy the game and please feel free to send us some love via the official Mutant Blobs Attack blog at www.mutantblobsattack.com, @MutantBlob on Twitter, and DrinkBox Studios on Facebook.

+ Curtisio on February 15th, 2012 at 12:27 pm said:

A number of questions:

How do you control your blob in this version of the game?
Are the levels different from the PS3 version?
Are you going to release DLC for the Vista version?

Graham Smith's Avatar

+ Graham Smith on February 15th, 2012 at 8:58 pm said:

Hey Curtisio.

The Blob is controlled in a number of different ways throughout the game. Most of the time you’ll be using the left thumbstick as in a traditional running/jumping platformer. Other times you will be using the shoulder buttons to attract/repel the Blob to/from metal surfaces using the magnetic power, or using the left thumbstick to direct the Blob as it flies around in “Rocket Mode”. The game also has a number of bonus levels that are unlocked as you play, which give you a top-down view of the world and require you to roll the Blob around using the tilt controls of the Vita.

All of the levels are different from the PS3 version. There are a total of 24 standard levels, and another 5 bonus (tilt) levels.

We have been so focused on getting the game out for launch of the Vita, and have not really thought about DLC for the game yet. Tales from Space: About a Blob had two DLC packs though, so DLC is certainly a possibility.

+ Major_Hoare on February 15th, 2012 at 12:30 pm said:

Is this a mini?

Graham Smith's Avatar

+ Graham Smith on February 15th, 2012 at 9:00 pm said:

The game is download only, but is not a mini.

+ Tchanku on February 15th, 2012 at 12:35 pm said:

Loved the first one on ps3. I will be getting it.

Big big thumbs up!

+ gravislord on February 15th, 2012 at 1:02 pm said:

@ Major_Hoare, this is not a mini, this is a full PSN PS Vita title. The PS3 game was really good, so this one should be even better!

Graham Smith's Avatar

+ Graham Smith on February 15th, 2012 at 9:00 pm said:

Thanks gravislord :)

+ DazeOfWar on February 15th, 2012 at 1:15 pm said:

This will definitely be getting a purchase from me when I get my Vita next Wednesday. Can’t wait to play it.

+ rwlove on February 15th, 2012 at 1:25 pm said:

so does vita come out feb 22 or 21

Graham Smith's Avatar

+ Graham Smith on February 15th, 2012 at 9:02 pm said:

The Vita has already made it into the hands of some people who pre-ordered, but the official launch date is February 22nd in both North America and Europe.

+ Major_Hoare on February 15th, 2012 at 1:30 pm said:

@4

Thanks gravis!

+ Matrix_Lion on February 15th, 2012 at 1:56 pm said:

I really like the art design of this game. I’ve changed my mind of the PS VITA. I still think PSP 2 would have been a cooler name, but I’m getting this system next week.

+ Matrix_Lion on February 15th, 2012 at 1:58 pm said:

I really like the art design of this game. Also I’ve changed my mind on the PS VITA. I still think PSP 2 would have been a much cooler name, but I’m getting this system next week.

+ DaMann22 on February 15th, 2012 at 2:34 pm said:

HEY!!!! Just got my FEB Vita and guess what is the one game that doesn’t work, SUPER STARDUST DELTA! IGN just did an article saying that Mutant Blobs for them and Delta are giving other FEB buyers problems. I hope you guys have something for this cuz I planned on getting this one also day one unless you fix this problem.

Graham Smith's Avatar

+ Graham Smith on February 15th, 2012 at 9:05 pm said:

Hi DaMann22.

I can’t speak for Super Stardust Delta, but the problem they were seeing with our game was a temporary thing that was occurring with the preview codes we had been handing out to the press.

Sony was quick to respond today and sorted out the issue for us. It should not be an issue at all when the game hits the store on Feb 21st.

+ luvtoseek on February 15th, 2012 at 3:04 pm said:

Thanks Graham! I’ll be purchasing both titles- I like the comedy of the premise, the art direction, and the gameplay looks fun. I only wish you/devs could have included some kind of PS3/Vita gameplay mechanic if you owned both titles, which would have been cool.

@ 10, what SSD problems are you referrinng to? Can you be specific?

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on February 15th, 2012 at 3:33 pm said:

i got my ps vita first edition bundle (who wouldnt) and for some reason i cant login the PSN..what gives? >:/ well atleast i can njoy my TWISTED METAL while this gets fixed..and as soon as it does i will be getting my free game and this blob game as well..

+ luvtoseek on February 15th, 2012 at 3:54 pm said:

Some users have posted that games/apps/demos etc., on the PS Store downloaded into the PS3 & then transferred to the Vita fixes the install issue #10 has mentioned here.

+ AizawaYuuichi on February 15th, 2012 at 4:06 pm said:

I got Tales from Space: About a Blob a couple months back when it was on sale through PS+. Think I paid $5 for it. Ended up loving it. Really fun little platformer, kind of reminded me of a Katamari-type game, picking up everything that isn’t nailed down once you’re big enough, and the humor just made it that much better. With this new one releasing for only $8, I’ll definitely be grabbing this Day One for my Vita. Can’t wait. :D

+ DaMann22 on February 15th, 2012 at 7:02 pm said:

@13, Pardon me if im trolling but ive tried DL’ing it 3 times now (directly to the ps3 for later copy, directly to PSV, and again directly to the PSV after a memory card reformat and reformat of the PSV itself) and the problem still persist. I know a patch or something can fix it some im not worried. But if this is a month away then ill send a nicely worded letter, ill tell you what.

+ SHREEVEERA on February 15th, 2012 at 8:13 pm said:

Is this a VITA Launch Title??

Does it have Online Multiplayer Co-op??

Graham Smith's Avatar

+ Graham Smith on February 15th, 2012 at 9:08 pm said:

It is a launch title, coming out next week on Tuesday Feb 21st in North America, and Wednesday Feb 22nd in Europe.

There’s no co-op in this one. Unfortunately adding online multiplayer was beyond what we were able to in the game’s budget and timeline.

+ luvtoseek on February 15th, 2012 at 8:53 pm said:

@13, no you’re not trolling as it has affected this game too. Looks like you tried all thr avenues to install these games… can you DL the games on a PC & then transfer it to the Vita via Content Manager? I don’t know if this could be done… antways there’s a firmware update tonight in which I hope will solve this issue.

+ DaMann22 on February 15th, 2012 at 10:14 pm said:

@Luvtoseek, Good idea however Media Go doesn’t allow me to DL any PS3/PSV games, only psp, comics, and minis. And the firmware is only for the ps3.

@Graham Smith, well thats a relief. I dont mind waiting a couple days if its fine on the official launch day. So i will buy in confidence this game and probably redownload SSDelta in the meantime. STEVE HOLT!!!

+ Rocstarr on February 16th, 2012 at 4:58 am said:

+ SHREEVEERA on February 16th, 2012 at 6:50 am said:

This game has all the features and exciting humor that will make me buy it day 1.

But Why does the Third Screenshot show Player 1 and Player 2 when this game doesn’t have Online Multiplayer Co-op???

Does that mean this game has some other offline Multiplayer mode???

Somebody please elaborate.

+ KidKobun on February 16th, 2012 at 2:44 pm said:

@Shreeveera the screenshot at the bottom of the piece was taken from Tales from Space: About a Blob and is in reference to the paragraph right above the screen in question:

“Heck yes, there’s more! In celebration of the upcoming release of Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack, yesterday we created a new bundle for our previous PS3 game Tales from Space: About a Blob, which includes the full game PLUS both downloadable content packs (the costume pack and the co-operative map pack) for only $9.99. The base price for the game has also dropped from $14.99 down to $7.99. We hope you check this one out too if you have not already!”

+ zippiz on February 17th, 2012 at 6:53 am said:

@graham smith

Wow, this game looks awesome and I cant wait to play it.

Does this game support any form of scoreboard, and maybe even sharing scores with friends?

Whats the size in mb of the full game?

Regards from Sweden :)

+ zippiz on February 17th, 2012 at 6:55 am said:

Sorry, found on your other post that the game is 100-150MB in size… but what about the highscore-list? :)

+ zippiz on February 18th, 2012 at 1:53 am said:

Found my answers… and congrats to this exelent review! :)

+ zippiz on February 23rd, 2012 at 2:08 pm said:

I was one of the unlucky who cant get the game to work… :(

Still waiting for a answer from Sony (Sweden)…

Graham Smith's Avatar

+ Graham Smith on February 24th, 2012 at 2:06 pm said:

Sorry @zippiz, just saw your messages now.

The game does support leaderboards, and the competition on them is already quite heated!

As for your installation issues, new purchases of the game should now work in Europe. You should be able to go into the store and get the game again now. Unfortunately you will need to pay for the game again, but Sony has also told us they are in the process of issuing refunds for anyone who was effected by the problem you saw.