PS4-Watch_Dogs

The Tester 3 Episode 3: Make Like Drake

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar + Posted by Kevin Furuichi on Feb 21, 2012 // Executive Producer, PlayStation Network

Last week’s Twisted Metal inspired episode of The Tester 3 really pushed our gamers as the two teams scrambled to build a replica of Sweet Tooth’s ice cream truck under the intense scrutiny of David Jaffe. If you missed it, catch the full episode right here!

Week 3 tests their ability to overcome obstacles and stay focused in a challenge inspired by UNCHARTED: Golden Abyss for PS Vita. Golden Abyss’ creative director John Garvin visits from Sony Bend Studio to evaluate each team’s performance in the most demanding challenge of the season thus far. And this week, the winning team gets to spend some quality time with Nathan Drake himself, Nolan North. But the fun and games abruptly end during this week’s intense elimination.

Speaking of PS Vita, beginning with today’s PlayStation Store publish, The Tester 3 will be available to watch on PS Vita’s beautiful 5” OLED screen. You can catch up on the first two episodes on PS Vita as well.

Check out this week’s preview of episode 3 below, and watch the full episode here. You can download in HD and SD from the PlayStation Store when today’s update is published.

We’re also set to launch our third Twitter giveaway for The Tester 3! This takes place next Monday, February 27. Follow @PlayStation to participate. Congratulations to @kancer for winning this week’s prize package!

For next week, the prize package is themed around the UNCHARTED series:

• The Tester 3 t-shirt
  • 1 month PlayStation Plus voucher
  • “UNCHARTED: Drake’s Journal” autographed by Nolan North
  • UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Collector’s Edition
  • UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Soundtrack
  • UNCHARTED Notebook

As a reminder, please allow fans the chance to enjoy the show by NOT posting any spoilers in the comments below, or in the PlayStation forums.

PAGE 1 4 5 6

+ Emerald_Swords on February 21st, 2012 at 9:33 pm said:

@megamixer

But considering this show does consist of Sony games,Products you should have a fair amount of Trophies…Plus he dosen’t even have a ps3, he said in the first episode that he goes to his friends to play it…

+ ReptileHand on February 21st, 2012 at 9:33 pm said:

I don’t know about you guys, but I feel like I’m cooling down. I’ve said what I had to say and well, I don’t know, discussing about egoraptor and his future, and this reality show just seems to ease my RAGE for the delay on the update.

+ mcbuttz78 on February 21st, 2012 at 9:34 pm said:

@mega mixer i cant read your mind bro.. I dont what you want.?? not being rude.. But if are looking for something then just search new inthe section or x game and etc. In the poper search bar

It has updated it just has not been published by them, when does it become published(listed) then you have a list to go by. I dont know the list fully , only thing i can confrim as true is it has updated

+ ReptileHand on February 21st, 2012 at 9:35 pm said:

@XFRod

I’m not one for spoilers in fact I’m against it, someone spoiled the ending to AC: Brotherhood for me and I didn’t like it one bit. I watched all the trailers for Uncharted and that spoiled my experience with the game. But everybody was talking about egoraptor here, I haven’t even seen the show. In fact, someone in this post spoiled it for me. I was shocked because I was actually going to watch the Tester for once.

+ megamixer on February 21st, 2012 at 9:38 pm said:

@Emerald_Swords
I fail to see how not having a PS3 is a problem. People shouldn’t be hired because they’re shills.

@mcbuttz78
I don’t know what I want either. I can’t read Sonys mind. I don’t know what’s up or not, so how can I search? Just randomly mash buttons into the search bar and hope to find new results? Search only works if you know what’s there.

+ KejoKiller on February 21st, 2012 at 9:38 pm said:

sooooo joke time?

I really get pissed when someone asks to use my cellphone, so I adopt a new strategy to try to stop that, every time someone asks “Can I use your phone to call my mom?” I answer with “Yeah, just hit redial.”

+ XFRod on February 21st, 2012 at 9:38 pm said:

I figured…. You’re just the one I saw. Couldn’t pass up a SummersEve taunt, though. Gamer love, it’s all good, Dood!

+ TwinDad on February 21st, 2012 at 9:38 pm said:

@ jgrizzle358

So when the bank loses money from your free checking account, it’s okay?

I don’t care if it’s late. I can look in the morning. I find it strange that a company that is marketing the Vita launch wouldn’t show off an early store update to show customers what’s “in store” with their Vita.

I realize the challenge with a digital store front. But other companies Apple, MS, Nintendo, Amazon, etc are doing a fine job. Sony not so much. They might want to consider putting the Vita on a different update schedule such as Wednesday to help things move along.

+ mcbuttz78 on February 21st, 2012 at 9:39 pm said:

@244 it very goods arguement becuase the 1st team of testers where chosen by there trophy list, some of th epast winners were some highest trophy getters in psn history or ranked #1 in certain game online.. So the guy has a point..

I really dont care for tester like that its good show though.. Ithink there 100 other gamers out ther emore deserving it shoulndt be a popularity contest.. of votes,,,

+ mystikalguy on February 21st, 2012 at 9:40 pm said:

THE STORE IS LIVE……I REPEAT THE STORE IS LIVE!!! GO GO GO GO!!!!

+ KejoKiller on February 21st, 2012 at 9:42 pm said:

ITS UP ITS UP ITS UP ITS UP ITS UP ITS UP ITS UP ITS UP ITS UP ITS UP ITS UP ITS UP ITS UP ITS UP ITS UP ITS UP ITS UP ITS UP ITS UP ITS UP ITS UP ITS UP ITS UP ITS UP ITS UP ITS UP ITS UP ITS UP ITS UP ITS UP ITS UP ITS UP ITS UP ITS UP ITS UP ITS UP ITS UP ITS UP ITS UP ITS UP ITS UP ITS UP ITS UP ITS UP ITS UP

+ Hakktaru on February 21st, 2012 at 9:43 pm said:

Just have to say that the Tester is definitely one of the best things on the entire PSN! Keep up the amazing work, team! Can’t wait till next week’s episode with the crazy fight scenes!

+ Emerald_Swords on February 21st, 2012 at 9:47 pm said:

Im too tired to turn on my ps3, way to go Sony..

+ KejoKiller on February 21st, 2012 at 10:08 pm said:

I know it may sound like a stupid question but i got my ps3 only for 4 months so give me a break. Can i play the ps vita games on my ps3? Just asking cause It looks like some psp games work on the ps3, maybe they were adapted, but as I said, i’m newbie in PS stuff

+ DarkOne_PR on February 21st, 2012 at 10:56 pm said:

mmmm Sony U dropped the ball on this episode…. and by my frustration everyone can know whos out of the house. anyways… no one else in that house should be tester and much less work with devs. U know “who” had much potential in actually doing something with the devs than any of those there…

Apart of that rant, the goth chick its pretty hot… XD

And apart of that PLS for The Tester Season 4 PLS Include Canada And Puerto Rico! We deserve a little incentive since we buy ur products too :(

+ reedyproductions on February 22nd, 2012 at 12:55 am said:

i so think it was the wrong decision. egoraptor wouldnt of needed to go and get more ammo, is suskiden didn’t use extra ammo. and if the ammo wasnt wasted by suskiden, egoraptor could of showed burnie (red haired girl). also if burnie carried a bag of ammo, egoraptor wouldnt of need to get more ammo. if each task represents an industry event. suskiden wasted her ammo = in the industry you have to work to the best of your abilities with whatever you are given (and she didn’t do that), burnie (red haired girl) didn’t carry any ammo = the cantalopes represent the weight that will be put on employee’s shoulders while working in the industry (she didnt do that and instead used someone else’s ammo) my votes to get kicked off was suskiden and burnie but at the end of the day its a show and suskiden brings drama to the show, that’s why she is still there. They already know who they are going to pick its just a case of how they can promote PlayStation in the process.

+ FLiMAA on February 22nd, 2012 at 5:04 am said:

≡(▔﹏▔)≡

(+[__]x)

̿ ̿̿̿̿ ̿̿̿ ̿̿̿’̿’\̵͇̿̿\=((•̪●))=/̵͇̿̿/’̿̿ ̿ ̿ ̿̿̿̿̿ ̿

+ zombie9 on February 22nd, 2012 at 7:52 am said:

I don’t use Twitter/ Facebook Deal with it Sony. And I NEVER will.

+ Carl-G on February 22nd, 2012 at 8:21 am said:

Excellent episode;) Loved the ending(the twist) :D

+ DCfan555 on February 22nd, 2012 at 5:50 pm said:

i need to win i been wanting a job at ps forever how do i sign up for the testers i am a great gamer i dont care about the money i just want the job at playstation i will give up the money i earn just for the privlige to test for playstation gaming is a passion if i win i will give up the money and give them to the friends that inspired me to go for my dream

+ ken-chan3000 on February 22nd, 2012 at 6:56 pm said:

meh, to blame a guy for a team failure is not fair unless it is the equivalent of missing a 32 yard field goal in the game before the superbowl. egoraptor did his job. him showing them how to use the catapult would not have shaved a minute off of their time. they all contributed to why they lost. if the black team lost then they would have blamed the goth chick for not being there when it was her turn. they got lucky.

+ sonic0104 on February 23rd, 2012 at 12:24 pm said:

I hate u burn U SHOULD HAV LEFT NOT EGORAPTER AND STOP BEING A JERK TO SINSKIEDEN

+ sonic0104 on February 23rd, 2012 at 12:27 pm said:

HA THATS WAT U GET BURN

+ Jake_the_hawk on February 23rd, 2012 at 11:51 pm said:

Raptor being eliminated was retarded. He did everything right this time. The only thing he messed up on was the interview and they set him up for failure on that. The two people who really ruined things for the team should have been kicked off and only one of them did.

+ VaeVictuz on March 4th, 2012 at 2:04 am said:

there goes most of your youtube view count, kind of a dumb reason.. because he didnt teach someone how to sling shot melons? is that a real qualification to work at Sony? I’m not ranting., just loling

PAGE 1 4 5 6