Minecraft PS4

BioShock Infinite PS3 Release Date Announced

Ratana Huot's Avatar + Posted by Ratana Huot on Mar 01, 2012 // Game Evangelist, Irrational Games

BioShock Infinite

Greetings PlayStation Nation! Today, the team at Irrational Games is proud to announce that BioShock Infinite will be released on PS3 this October 16th, 2012. Our President and Creative Director Ken Levine has been talking about the game for years now and, like the rest of the Irrational Games team, he’s thrilled that we can finally share the game’s final release date. “After BioShock, we had a vision for a follow up that dwarfed the original in scope and ambition,” he told me. “BioShock Infinite has been our sole focus for the last four years, and we can’t wait for fans to get their hands on it.”

The game will support the PlayStation Move motion controller and we’ll have further details to share on how it will work soon. In addition, you will get a free copy of the original BioShock on the game’s Blu-ray Disc. In the meantime, you can visit IrrationalGames.com to learn more about the game, or pre-order to ensure you get your copy on October 16th. BioShock Infinite will be available on PlayStation 3 internationally on October 19, 2012.

52 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ Tchanku on March 1st, 2012 at 6:05 am said:

So excited!

+ Tchanku on March 1st, 2012 at 6:06 am said:

Also happy to have another move game.

+ FFVIIAC on March 1st, 2012 at 6:10 am said:

whoo-hoo! cant wait for this!

+ kyosuke9999 on March 1st, 2012 at 6:10 am said:

What a great day to start my Thursday. Bioshock is one of my favorite series of all time (platinum trophy on the first two games, even with the grindy multiplayer.)

It would be nice if this game had a digital day 1 release like Mass Effect 2. The Vita has got me spoiled with an all-digital library.

+ G-Force08 on March 1st, 2012 at 6:15 am said:

Great news! :)

This is one of my most anticipated for 2012. I can’t wait!

+ Link01 on March 1st, 2012 at 6:18 am said:

Good morning! Soo, any news on 3D support? I just noticed it wasn’t mention up and above even though it was confirmed. Also, any news on Vita’s Bioshock? I can’t wait guys. This will definitely give my Move a run :3.

+ kirafung on March 1st, 2012 at 6:20 am said:

Can’t wait for IT!!!

+ zombie9 on March 1st, 2012 at 6:21 am said:

Wow October That is a bit longer than I thought it would take but I know the longer it takes the BETTER it will be. So Rock ON OCT it is!!!!

+ Science_Killer on March 1st, 2012 at 6:23 am said:

Can’t wait it’s going to be a EPIC.

+ Potocus on March 1st, 2012 at 6:30 am said:

Epic! getting my pre-order today! can’t way to get the two games in one.. I’ve been waiting long for this!

+ so-knee on March 1st, 2012 at 6:35 am said:

Any chance we can get a sharpshooter designed as one of the guns in the game to go with it?

+ Berae on March 1st, 2012 at 6:42 am said:

Good! is there going to be 3D support?

Anyway, the game looks awesome, way better than Bioshock 1 and 2 in my opinion from what I have seen so far of Infinite.

+ snakeeyes211 on March 1st, 2012 at 6:46 am said:

Awesome looking game.

+ Dessron on March 1st, 2012 at 6:53 am said:

Nice to have a release date. My copy is pre-ordered since June 8th, 2011!

+ ScreamAimFire999 on March 1st, 2012 at 7:05 am said:

I might get this now since I have Playstation Move and it comes with the first Bioshock.

+ Xanthus179 on March 1st, 2012 at 7:08 am said:

That’s so awesome! Any word on if DLC from the disc-based first game will work with the version on the Blu Ray?

+ Dreditz on March 1st, 2012 at 7:11 am said:

HELL YES! Comes out on my B-day!

+ KwietStorm on March 1st, 2012 at 7:19 am said:

Taking off work that week. Gonna be so much better than Bioshock 2. Please don’t surprise us with multiplayer.

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on March 1st, 2012 at 7:27 am said:

Already got the platinum on Bioshock 1, but I’m really wanting to play this. And Bioshock Vita :D

+ RidleysBox on March 1st, 2012 at 7:59 am said:

In a word… “YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!”

+ Stringer2355 on March 1st, 2012 at 8:03 am said:

Please add Stereoscopic 3D support, please with sugar on top.

+ LeonSPBR on March 1st, 2012 at 8:19 am said:

Loved Bioshock 1 and 2. Now I’ll guard money to buy Bioshock Infinite day 1.

+ ArchAngelMai on March 1st, 2012 at 8:42 am said:

Is here going to be a another awesome limited edition version? I am willing to shell out $100 again if its as awesome as Bioshock 2 was. Please met us know soon <3

+ Jak23ft on March 1st, 2012 at 8:46 am said:

Awesome! I was going to buy Bioshock 1 while I waited for this, but now I think I’ll hold off.
@21: Lol, your avatar really fits your comment…

+ DaNTi3L on March 1st, 2012 at 8:53 am said:

awesome news

+ atone1382 on March 1st, 2012 at 8:53 am said:

Come on October!!!! loved the first bioshock and have been eagerly awaiting this game since the first videos started popping up. I also would like some word on 3D support. I think this game would benefit greatly from it if its done with care and not tacked on.

+ Ethereal on March 1st, 2012 at 10:07 am said:

Oh hell YES! Waiting on the collectors edition announcement to preorder…Day one for me.

+ Cyber_Goth_Night on March 1st, 2012 at 10:47 am said:

that cool but what happen to psn that post to be down today?

+ BossmanCCrowder1 on March 1st, 2012 at 10:52 am said:

Yeah buddy! Great to finally hear the date!

@26 As a fellow Snake I am also awaiting an announcement of a collectors edition, day one for me.

+ ReptileHand on March 1st, 2012 at 11:14 am said:

Sweet. Just bought my brother Bioshock 1 for Christmas ($20). It’s still good to have a hard copy just like the AC1 and Revelations deal. It’s actually good because people who didn’t buy the first game have a shot at it now.

So excited you guys released a release date for this. So far the only must-have games for this year are Assassin’s Creed III, The Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite. So I can go easy on my wallet. I totally forgot about this game too, since there wasn’t a release date for awhile.

Keep up the good work, look forward to seeing more details.

+ Lainer130 on March 1st, 2012 at 11:35 am said:

Unless it has splitscreen co-op or a really good multiplayer I for the most part don’t bother with single player FPS’s. This game will be the exception to that rule. Even though I thought the shooting mechanics kinda blew on the first one, (usually the nail in the coffin for any FPS) BioShock 1 still stands as the most immersive FPS I have yet to play. This will be a day one buy!

+ musicman1234 on March 1st, 2012 at 11:46 am said:

PLAYSTATION HOME. Rapture Metro is one of the coolest places to me in PS Home.I would beg of you to make something for us Home users. I have ALL the Home items from Bioshock,even the preorder Big Daddy Prototype suit. Any PS3 user who would like to see the PS Home apt,which is identical to the Sinclair Apt you get in the game, add me as a friend and I will show you. Again,I am a huge fan so please don’t forget people like me Mr President.
This is truly where the PS3 enhances your game experience above and beyond that other console.
TY for reading.

+ Type-F- on March 1st, 2012 at 11:57 am said:

I am really looking forward to this game. One question though, do I need to play Bioshock 1 and 2 to understand Bioshock Infinite?

+ boxie3 on March 1st, 2012 at 12:01 pm said:

I want to know if 3D is supported as well. There are not much new 3D titles announced yet. Are there any coming in 2012?

+ spideyal on March 1st, 2012 at 12:02 pm said:

This game is going to be absolutely amazing. I was going to say “I’m glad it comes a month after Borderlands 2!”, but I don’t think that’d matter since I want to play Bioshock so badly. Bioshock Infinite will be taking front and center when it comes to release.

Can’t wait!

+ KILLO31 on March 1st, 2012 at 12:05 pm said:

Borderlands2 then this sweeeeeeeet !

+ Biggz124 on March 1st, 2012 at 12:21 pm said:

Can we please have some cool Exclusive DLC?!

+ Minime_01 on March 1st, 2012 at 12:25 pm said:

Two for the price of one! SWEET cant wait.

+ blakseed on March 1st, 2012 at 12:30 pm said:

Noice. The games looks incredible.

+ OCxViRuXz on March 1st, 2012 at 1:19 pm said:

October needs to get here soon now lol… SOOOO can not wait for this to be released. The BioShock games are truly a master piece and one of my fav’s. Thanx for all the hard work you guys n gals put in in all 3 of these games :)

+ Sonicfan11589 on March 1st, 2012 at 1:33 pm said:

all right free copy of Bioshocck 1, i was thinking about getting it on amazon for $13.99 NEW but I will wait for oct instead.

+ NeonReaver on March 1st, 2012 at 2:15 pm said:

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that this game will get delayed 3-6 weeks closer to when the release date comes. Delays are all too common this generation.

+ Bloodios on March 1st, 2012 at 2:31 pm said:

That’s good and all but will the original BioShock that comes with this game also be fine-tuned by Irrational Games too, or are we just going to get the same sloppy port-job of Digital Extremes?

+ Curtisio on March 1st, 2012 at 2:37 pm said:

You serious? October? Better if you announced this in June or July.

+ JH-FallenReaper on March 1st, 2012 at 2:55 pm said:

I never played this series before and was honestly not going to buy it on release , but since you get the 1st game with it ill get it for sure.

+ xxThe_Fuhrer-xx on March 1st, 2012 at 5:32 pm said:

No way. Bioshock Infinite is coming out on my birthday.. I love the series. Could this be fate lol. October 16 ftw

+ Champloo4 on March 1st, 2012 at 5:43 pm said:

I mean this with all-due respect to Sony…

Please, please do NOT ruin what will undoubtedly be beautiful boxart with that giant, blue half circle for Move compatibility.

As a professional senior level graphic designer, it makes my stomach turn to think about it.

+ Swordsman83 on March 1st, 2012 at 9:49 pm said:

How i wish Bioshock 2 is also included.

+ Northstar77 on March 1st, 2012 at 9:51 pm said:

Damn I really want to get this day one but can’t help but thinking it will be one of the $29 games come Black Friday. It’ll be a long month but I picked up so many great games last year I almost gotta wait.

+ mikedo2007 on March 2nd, 2012 at 6:57 am said:

Finally I’ve been waiting for this. Thank you Irrational and 2K and also a copy of the first game included for the PS3 version, that’s nice but I already have the 1st game on my PS3.

PAGE 1 2