God of War

Mar 05

Mar 05

MotorStorm RC Driving to PS Vita for FREE, Courtesy of Scion

David Winding's Avatar Posted by Director of Network Advertising, SCEA

Back in November, we revealed that Evolution Studios was working on a new title, MotorStorm RC, which would be released in the US as a downloadable game for both the PlayStation 3 and the PlayStation Vita.

The game received critical praise when it launched in the UK two weeks ago. We think you’ll agree that the wait was worth it, as we are pleased to not only announce that the PS3 version will be available beginning tomorrow separately for $9.99 ($7.49 for PlayStation Plus subscribers), but to also let you know that the PS Vita version of MotorStorm RC will also be available as a free download thanks to our partners at Scion.

MSRC Title Screen

That’s right—for a limited time, the complete Vita MotorStorm RC game is available for download absolutely free – no additional purchases necessary! Not only that, but you’ll be able to drive a custom RC version of Scion’s iQ which is exclusive to the PS Vita version of the game. And be sure to check out the plethora of downloadable content which will become available for purchase for both versions of the game tomorrow.

MotorStorm RC features 16 unique tracks spread across four extreme environments, including the dusty desert mesas of Monument Valley, the dangerous jungles of a Pacific Island, the icy tundra at the Arctic Edge, and the apocalyptic ruins of a destroyed urban city. Players can conquer these environments in powerful radio-controlled vehicles, with hundreds of uniquely customized models to collect in 8 distinct categories: Buggies, Superminis, Rally Cars, Muscle Cars, Racing Trucks, Supercars, Big Rigs and Monster Trucks.

Visit the PlayStation Store on PS Vita tomorrow afternoon (Pacific time) to download your free game. And after you’ve taken the RC iQ for a spin in the virtual MotorStorm world, you can always check out this new vehicle in the “real world” at a Scion dealer near you. Enjoy!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4 11

FrIeD-GoAt said:

March 5th, 7:46 am

Well thats just GREAT. I’ve paid full price for this game as a EU user. This is not a worthwhile PS3 experience. Its OK on the vita. Another case of EU people getting screwed by Sony. You guys need to speak to the EU playstation team they are terrible. The EU store not only looks bad and is frequently left behind the US store and we get terrible PS PLUS support. I just don’t understand why Sony seem to think its best selling region deserves to be treated like crap.

SarshelYam said:

March 5th, 7:47 am

For those of us buying the PS3 version, we’re still getting the Vita version free with the Scion car, right?

David Winding's Avatar

David Winding said:

March 5th, 8:34 am

During the Scion promotion period, the Scion-sponsored version of Motorstorm RC Vita will be available for free to EVERYONE – whether or not you purchase the PS3 version of the game.

poodude said:

March 5th, 7:47 am

Haha, wow, I’m actually “upset” about this because I wanted to pay for it. Gotta support a great studio!

@Creid8
I’m pretty sure you could just download the Vita version from your PS3 (assuming you have one). So if you can’t get your Vita on time, try doing that :D.

David Winding's Avatar

Jamie Brayshaw said:

March 5th, 9:51 pm

Perhaps picking up some of the add-on vehicles in they take your fancy and upcoming expansion packs will make you feel less “upset” about getting the game for free… ;-)

In all seriousness, there’s no need to feel upset – enjoy the game!

Neil said:

March 5th, 7:51 am

But I was going to pay for it. I guess I’ll have to buy Blobs now

David Winding's Avatar

Jamie Brayshaw said:

March 5th, 9:52 pm

Thanks to Scion it sounds like you’ll be playing two great games tomorrow! :-)

KingKannibal said:

March 5th, 7:54 am

This is great news! the Vita needs a Motorstorm!

Me and my pals still haven’t gotten over WipEout, I hope the same will go for Motorstorm!

DZORMAGEN said:

March 5th, 7:55 am

THIS.IS.AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! WOW thank you Scion and Sony!!

KidCommando said:

March 5th, 7:57 am

hot diggity!

Will have my first Vita game before even getting a Vita.

Gonna buy the PS3 version then too.

Link01 said:

March 5th, 8:01 am

I love this! WIth Journey and Unit 13 coming out, I wasn’t going to get it. Now it’s a no brainer!

bakerarmy said:

March 5th, 8:07 am

Awesome Deal…Thanks Scion

And for those worried about the getting the Vita version….. Just purchase it while it is free, you don’t have to download it and it will stay purchased on your account.

Strathmore said:

March 5th, 8:08 am

Can’t beat free. That said, it stands to reason it’ll be a large file… and Sony really has slapped us all in the face with the prohibitive price of their memory cards. Not quite a win-win situation, more of a win-wtf situation…

Not a home run, Sony… but a solid single.

David Winding's Avatar

Jamie Brayshaw said:

March 5th, 9:56 pm

MotorStorm RC is approx 700MB

Link01 said:

March 5th, 8:10 am

@ the EU complainers. You guys have gotten stuff for free that we over in the US never received (such as the free Wipeout HD theme, free LBP game, and other various goodies). Stop complaining and get off of the US blog.

Busca-Cabezas said:

March 5th, 8:11 am

OMG! OMG! OMG! Is this one of those twisted mind tricks? Like the ones were you’re dreaming but feels real, like you’re awake? Either way… This ROCKS!! Thank you very much SONY n Scion!! Woot! Woot!! :D

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

March 5th, 8:12 am

the view is horrible imo..but since its free on the vita..i guess i can bare with it..and njoy a FREE GAME ;p

cool_trainer said:

March 5th, 8:27 am

Awesome!

erogamer_us said:

March 5th, 8:36 am

how long this game will be free ??
my Vita shipping for 5-10 days (estimates delivery) :(

David Winding's Avatar

Jamie Brayshaw said:

March 5th, 9:59 pm

If you access the VITA Store you can claim your free download and then install it when your VITA arrives.

ItaChu said:

March 5th, 8:37 am

Thanks Playstation :) Lets fix the minis on PS Vita next ok?

GGCAN said:

March 5th, 8:39 am

David…..thank you, thank you, thank you.

Day one purchase for me…can’t wait for tomorrow !

REDRIBBON2012 said:

March 5th, 8:40 am

the GAME SIZE is 750megs. Hurray. This is the game I wanted but the demo was hard….hard to decide. Free is alot easier to choose.

Manetheren17 said:

March 5th, 8:47 am

Hey, how long is this event. I probably won’t be able to get a Vita till May.

geist226 said:

March 5th, 8:47 am

Wait… the whole game?! Hot damn, thank you Scion!

dsigns209 said:

March 5th, 8:50 am

Whoa! Almost missed this. Great work whoever put this deal together.

ichigo-kushima said:

March 5th, 8:55 am

Thanks Sony and Scion. I look forward to playing the Vita version when it comes out tomorrow.

DarkOne_PR said:

March 5th, 9:02 am

SWEEET! Looking forward to this! Sony should Reward the PsVita early adopters in this ways! :) We did a leap of Faith, Sony dont let us lose faith in u! Thanks! I still need JRPGS on the Vita and Online Multiplayer games on it :)

KrAzeDAman said:

March 5th, 9:03 am

For those of you worried about NOT having your Vita delivered in time for this limited goodie … just download the game on your PS3; then when your Vita finally arrives, just transfer the game over to it. Voila!!

Wario64 said:

March 5th, 9:05 am

Will the game be free in our download lists after the limited offer? Or will we have to keep the game stored on our memory card/PS3/computer?

KILLSON13 said:

March 5th, 9:06 am

Definitely picking this up on day one! I just hope Phenom Evolution can rack up enough money to create a full Motorstorm game on the Vita to show the power of the Vita

megamixer said:

March 5th, 9:16 am

Wow, what a rip off. Every EU PSN member get *both* games (permenantly) for the same price that NA PS+ members get for *one* of the games (until this particular PS+ offer expires). Why you punish us SCEA/Evo?

@Link01
Ah ha ha ha. Why would Europeans be complaining? They by far got the better deal.

ABZ-V said:

March 5th, 9:17 am

so it’s exclusive on US store ?
we need answers Sony .

Hinatalover85 said:

March 5th, 9:26 am

OMG!!!!!!!! A Free VITA Game SONY U guys Rule!!!!!! Sooooooo Getting this When My PS3 gets Fixed And For My VIta Asap lol I’ll C U all Online ^_^ *kisses* Never Stop Playing.

BananaFish said:

March 5th, 9:28 am

Thanks Sony & Scion! Was going to take a look at the demo before making a purchase decision but now I’ll definately be playing M:RC!!

Android66 said:

March 5th, 9:30 am

@77: They are giving us a free game and you think we are getting ripped off? Don’t be a moron.

In the UK, you pay one price to get both the PS3 and Vita game.
In the US, you can pay to get both the PS3 and Vita game. Or you can get the Vita game for free while the offer lasts.

If you want the PS3 version and were already planning to buy both for $9.99, the free offer doesn’t help you, but how is that being ripped off? It’s the same result as the UK–one price, two games.

Curtisio said:

March 5th, 9:35 am

This game sounds fun. Is there a demo?

David Winding's Avatar

Jamie Brayshaw said:

March 5th, 10:05 pm

Yes, there’s a free trial that gives you access to 4 of the full-games 64 events, with 4 of the game’s 8 unique vehicle types available to race with.

UltWarrior1 said:

March 5th, 9:56 am

Thanks Scion + SCEA!!!

Spartan666 said:

March 5th, 10:00 am

Thank you Scion and Sony! I have been looking to play this since it was announced. Also thank you for including Canada in this great deal!

Chazberry said:

March 5th, 10:02 am

That’s great news! Not many times that you see a good game being released for free. I was most likely going to buy it after trying the demo, but I won’t say no to this. Thanks Sony, Evolution Studios, and Scion.

eNetiq said:

March 5th, 10:05 am

It still costs 5,99€ in the german Playstation Store.
Is this deal also available in Germany ?

David Winding's Avatar

Jamie Brayshaw said:

March 5th, 10:07 pm

The Scion give-away is only for a limited time in America. In Germany and across Europe MotorStorm RC is €5.99 “pay once get both” on PS3 & PSVita.

rufotattoous said:

March 5th, 10:14 am

nice… free vita game, keep em coming—— XD

Budapesti said:

March 5th, 10:17 am

“Visit the PlayStation Store on PS Vita tomorrow afternoon (Pacific time) to download your free game.”

Does this mean the game will only be accessible for free via the Vita’s Playstation Store – so people who don’t yet own a Vita won’t be able to download it via PS3 and save it for later?

I have a Vita myself, but I just want to know if I should put the word out to my non-PSV owning friends to get it while it’s free.

meloya said:

March 5th, 10:29 am

do we getting some love on hong kong network? ^ ^;

RydogV said:

March 5th, 10:35 am

Another bit of FREE news covered in Awesome Sauce :)

GGCAN said:

March 5th, 10:53 am

@ 88 – Budapesti

As far as I’m aware, everyone can download the Vita one to their PS3 harddrive and keep it there until they purchase a Vita.

Just connect the cable from Vita to PS3 when you get one and it will install on the Vita.

Hope that helps.

saintaqua said:

March 5th, 11:09 am

Oh wow! This was totally unexpected! Thanks!

saintaqua said:

March 5th, 11:10 am

By the way, notice how megamixer only comes to the blog these days to troll and whine about everything positive that happens?
How can you complain about getting a free game?

I say we all vote and have people like that banned.

Solid-Snake-Eyes said:

March 5th, 11:27 am

I would have bet money this offer would be US only, color me surprised/impressed.

wanshot said:

March 5th, 11:31 am

So what you going to do for the loyal fans who all paid for this game on both formats already? Give us a refund? I think you need to re-think some of your ‘FREE’ game sucker punch tactics and start giving back to the community that support your company 1st off and stop trying to lure in new talent by offering a £5 mini-game to non-customers. I mean just give people who paid for this the DLC for FREE, but i bet my Vita that’s not going to happen, we’ll see Thursday. Thanks once again $ony, your excellent customer loyalty record is unrivaled again!

chaoyue325 said:

March 5th, 11:40 am

I love free game!!! More please !!!!

Hodizzle said:

March 5th, 11:41 am

Hi there! I live in Europe and was wondering if this offer is exclusive for the North American market!? Please say that it is a worldwide offer!!!! Have seen many ppl asking from Germany, rest of Europe and Hong Kong, since you haven’t answered them I’m afraid the answer is no…

shortyvs said:

March 5th, 11:47 am

So, if us Vita owners download the free copy within the promo period, does that mean we also get the PS3 version for free like other cross-play games?

David Winding's Avatar

Jamie Brayshaw said:

March 5th, 10:12 pm

The VITA download is free thanks to Scion. The PS3 download is $9.99 ($7.49 for PS+ subscribers). Downloading the free VITA version doesn’t entitle you to download the PS3 version for free.

Budapesti said:

March 5th, 11:51 am

@GGCAN
Thanks for the info. :)

Budapesti said:

March 5th, 11:54 am

@wanshot If you bought the game already, you got both versions for the Pounds Sterling equivalent of $9.99, right?
The Vita version is free here in the US, but the PS3 version (which, as far as I can tell, doesn’t auto-unlock when you purchase the Vita version) is Ten dollars. Therefore, you got pretty much the same deal as we do – both versions for the same price.
Actually, I believe it’s less than Five pounds in the UK, which is closer to Seven dollars US money, so you actually got a BETTER deal than us.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 11