GTAV PS4

The Ratchet & Clank Collection Going 1080p on PS3, Multiplayer Included

Ted Price's Avatar + Posted by Ted Price on Mar 15, 2012 // CEO, Insomniac Games

RC10_Logo_Layered_05_Final

It’s amazing that it’s been almost 10 years since the release of the original Ratchet & Clank on PlayStation 2. A lot has changed since 2002, but your loyalty to our furry Lombax and his faithful robot companion has endured. As we reach the 10th Anniversary of Ratchet & Clank, we wanted to commemorate the achievements of the Ratchet & Clank saga.

The Ratchet & Clank CollectionThe Ratchet & Clank Collection

Today, we’re delighted to announce the Ratchet & Clank 10th Anniversary Celebration, which also simultaneously addresses the biggest current request from our fans: The Ratchet & Clank Collection. This will contain Ratchet & Clank, Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando, and Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal – all remastered by Idol Minds, working closely with our team at Insomniac Games. In addition to a full 1080p HD remaster (720p stereoscopic 3D support) of all three games and the inclusion of three Platinum Trophies, we’re happy to confirm that the online competitive multiplayer from Up Your Arsenal will be included. Now you can check out the acclaimed multiplayer mode that many of you didn’t get to experience the first time on PS2.

The Ratchet & Clank CollectionThe Ratchet & Clank Collection

The collection will release this fall in North America. I know it’s a little bit later than the Spring European release, but it’s because we have something very special planned for our North American fans to celebrate the 10th anniversary, and we’ll share all the details very soon.

We’re so excited that PlayStation has worked to give our original Ratchet & Clank PS2 adventures the HD remaster treatment they deserve. Stay tuned in the coming months for more on the Ratchet & Clank 10th Anniversary Celebration, as well as more details, screenshots and footage as we near the release of the Ratchet & Clank Collection.

PAGE 1 2 3 6

+ Berae on March 15th, 2012 at 10:04 am said:

thats great!

+ G-Force08 on March 15th, 2012 at 10:05 am said:

Dude…………………..

That collection is so going to be mine. I love the Ratchet and Clank series. Awesome news guys! Looking forward to it! :D

+ yin69yang on March 15th, 2012 at 10:05 am said:

FINALLY!!! I have been waiting for this. Just in time for the 10 year anniversary of the best franchise on the PlayStation family.

Seeing the oldies and goodies on HD will be AWESOE!!!

+ Grey_Fox-47 on March 15th, 2012 at 10:07 am said:

Sweet, I love these games :)

+ Isay_Isay on March 15th, 2012 at 10:08 am said:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

+ AmericanNinja1 on March 15th, 2012 at 10:09 am said:

Will this be coming out for Vita?

+ PSX5K on March 15th, 2012 at 10:12 am said:

Any chance of a Vita version coming? With save transfer support? Please? :-)

+ Cat_Corye on March 15th, 2012 at 10:12 am said:

I been waiting for this, for a very long time. It is about time Sony!!! Now problem is, I need more memory on my hard drive.

Dear Sony, make a 2TB hard drive for PS3 please!!!!!!! If not I’m thinking about using a data cable to hook to a 3.5 inch 2TB hard drive.

+ BossmanCCrowder1 on March 15th, 2012 at 10:15 am said:

Incredible! I’m so happy the online multiplayer from Up Your Arsenal is coming over.

Ted Price's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on March 15th, 2012 at 10:34 am said:

So are we! Not enough people played it the first time

+ TomHoang on March 15th, 2012 at 10:16 am said:

Thank you Sony, Insomniac, and Idol Minds! Now I still need to pick up All 4 One :P

+ xaos on March 15th, 2012 at 10:18 am said:

This is awesome news; these games have already consumed easily well over a hundred hours of my life. Going commando is probably my favorite, being the first game in a long time that I stayed up all night playing (had to get those skill points!). Now, if we can just get this collection on the Vita as well…. :)

+ DION3TO on March 15th, 2012 at 10:18 am said:

YEAHHh!!! AWESOME!

+ bionicle27 on March 15th, 2012 at 10:20 am said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

+ Blade133 on March 15th, 2012 at 10:20 am said:

*Single tear rolls down check*

It’s beautiful . . .

+ Wozman23 on March 15th, 2012 at 10:20 am said:

This is the collection I’ve been waiting for. Sadly, my launch PS3 died and was replaced with a slim, so I can’t play any of my PS2 games. With Ratchet & Clank being my favorite franchise, and Insomniac my favorite developer, I was devastated I could no longer play the bulk of my PS2 collection.

Hopefully we can get a second collection with Deadlocked, Size Matters, and Secret Agent Clank.

+ ktiger34 on March 15th, 2012 at 10:21 am said:

Best day ever!!!

+ GibbShift on March 15th, 2012 at 10:23 am said:

Hahahahaha! Traded in my old Jak and Daxter games and my Ratchet & Clank games because I knew I’d be vindicated this year. Buy J&D HD trilogy the same day R&C HD drops. Too bad there wasn’t enough room on the Blu-Ray for Deadlocked. My nephew and I had a blast on that game.

+ IceColdKilla44 on March 15th, 2012 at 10:25 am said:

This news just made my day. Thanks so much for this!!!

+ TSTina on March 15th, 2012 at 10:25 am said:

Awesome! Keep the HD remasters coming! Just a few more and I’ll be able to get rid of my PS2.

Now please hurry up with Legacy of Kain 1-5 HD, Dark Cloud 1-2 & Rogue Galaxy HD, Final Fantasy X, X-2 &XII HD. And how about a proper HD remaster of Primal? The ‘PS2 Classic’ reissue just doesn’t cut it.

+ edmonkry on March 15th, 2012 at 10:26 am said:

Outstanding! Please let the “big surprise” be a joint launch on Vita!!!

+ Trooper04 on March 15th, 2012 at 10:26 am said:

WHAT!!!?

Insomniac Games, and Idol Minds; Y U NO put Ratchet: Deadlocked in the collection!? >:O

+ Laz0rjames on March 15th, 2012 at 10:29 am said:

I am going to cry now…because i love these first 3 games ;’ D!

+ bionicle27 on March 15th, 2012 at 10:30 am said:

So we now have sly racoon , jak & daxter and ratchet & clank . Now what other ps2 trilogies should we expect are on the way? Prince of persia maybe? hmm…

+ Destiny89 on March 15th, 2012 at 10:31 am said:

About time! woho im excited!
Thanks guys

+ Reluctant-Hero on March 15th, 2012 at 10:34 am said:

FINALLY! I’ve been waiting for this, DAY ONE!

+ simple2simple on March 15th, 2012 at 10:35 am said:

It does not come out tomorrow? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Santos21 on March 15th, 2012 at 10:36 am said:

Trophies? SOOOOLLLDD! I never played the first ones so this will be a good pickup. Take ma monies insomniac!!

+ Dustinwp on March 15th, 2012 at 10:37 am said:

Holy S**T!!! Insomniac and Sony, you just made 2012 a wonderful year! I’ll be planning to take my vacation from work when this releases. By the way, I’m still having a blast playing R&C:All 4 One. Fantastic game.

+ simple2simple on March 15th, 2012 at 10:38 am said:

I still remember that mode with the 2 bases with gattling guns on them, “siege mode” I believe it to be.

+ TSTina on March 15th, 2012 at 10:38 am said:

@bionicle27: The Prince of Persia HD trilogy is already out. Released April 19, 2011, according to Amazon.

+ kanno41 on March 15th, 2012 at 10:38 am said:

YESSSSS!!!!!!

I love the UYA online multiplayer SO MUCH!!!

Will EU and North America be able to play on the same servers against each other?

+ hush404 on March 15th, 2012 at 10:38 am said:

Hmm. Odd that there is such a delay between the Eur and NA versions. I can see a month or two, but 5+? That seems strange. Will be waiting for it though :)

Ted Price's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on March 15th, 2012 at 10:53 am said:

May to Fall isn’t necessarily 5 months. Date is TBD.

Again, the reason for this will be more clear when we reveal another component to the 10th Anniversary Celebration

+ DrBingogh on March 15th, 2012 at 10:41 am said:

LOVE IT!

+ Hamood07 on March 15th, 2012 at 10:44 am said:

What’s with the dates ? I can’t wait till fall when I know the game is already out !! this is BS !!!!!!!

+ Superstrokey1123 on March 15th, 2012 at 10:45 am said:

Awesome, will definately grab these. Thanks guys!

+ DoTheKiller91 on March 15th, 2012 at 10:45 am said:

WOW! I never really had a chance to play those back in the good ol’ days! Platinum trophies, 3D support, 1080p HD, now this is what i call an HD collection!

QUESTION: Are they going to run 60 fps?

+ Enforcer_X on March 15th, 2012 at 10:47 am said:

I have them all for PS2 and I am going to buy this too, 1080p, trophies, online multi-player this is going to be EPIC!

+ DieUnbeliever on March 15th, 2012 at 10:49 am said:

My pants just dropped.

+ Tarqosis on March 15th, 2012 at 10:50 am said:

Will be importing, having to wait for fall is complete BS. A non-simulaneous release is the only way it could have been messed up.

Still, it’s great to see these getting this treatment.

+ Shin-Ra on March 15th, 2012 at 10:53 am said:

HD remasters to be proud of:

Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath (Just Add Water)
God of War Origins Collection (Ready at Dawn)
ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection (Bluepoint) [especially ICO in glorious 1080p with MLAA]
God of War Collection (Bluepoint)
Sly Collection (Sanzaru)

“HD remasters” to avoid:

Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia Trilogy
Resident Evil 4 and Code Veronica X
Jak & Daxter Collection
Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3 Vita [assuming it’s not made native 960×544 res with MSAA by release)

Aim to be in the former group of remasters to be proud of, Idol Minds/SCEA!

Ted Price's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on March 15th, 2012 at 10:55 am said:

We’re really hoping it’ll be in the remasters to be proud of group. Ultimately you guys will be the judge, but we’re feeling pretty good

+ FearMonkey on March 15th, 2012 at 10:54 am said:

I’m super-excited for this collection! :)

I also wish Deadlocked was included as well. But maybe you’re saving it for a second collection with Size Matters and Secret Agent Clank?

Or maybe this 10th Anniversary thing you speak of is a super-duper ultra collection with all six included? :p

Or maybe it’s a new PS3 game! :)

I really hope you’re planning on making more Ratchets on PS3. I love those games.

+ tacotaskforce on March 15th, 2012 at 10:55 am said:

No sale unless you’re adding side stepping into R&C1

+ Draco416 on March 15th, 2012 at 10:59 am said:

No Deadlocked?!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ RedJaron on March 15th, 2012 at 10:59 am said:

Love it, Insomniac! Definitely will be a day one buy.

One question: will we have the option of using the current Future series control scheme in all of these? Please say yes.

+ Tiael on March 15th, 2012 at 10:59 am said:

@40
Why avoid the J&D Collection? It’s fantastic.
Anyways, thanks Insomniac, looking forward to what else you reveal for the 10th anniversary

+ Amans91 on March 15th, 2012 at 11:01 am said:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D OMG i cant wait, Ratchet and Clank is my favorite series of all time and I’ll get to play the online multiplayer from Up your Arsenal!!!!!!! Never got to play that as a kid. It would be awesome if they put Deadlocked at the 10th Anniversary surprise too :D!!!!!!!!

+ gamer_316 on March 15th, 2012 at 11:01 am said:

sw00t, I only played Up Your Arsenal on the PS2 but it was a great game, can’t wait to check these out & 3 platinums makes this purchase more worth the money

+ RydogV on March 15th, 2012 at 11:03 am said:

Sweetness on a stick!! My backlog just got a little bigger LOL

+ Deadpoolian on March 15th, 2012 at 11:05 am said:

So excited. Ratchet & Clank is my favorite video game franchise. 8D
Can’t wait to play back through the originals in HD!

+ LilWayneSuckz on March 15th, 2012 at 11:07 am said:

When is Insomniac gonna release some more info on “Overstrike”?

PAGE 1 2 3 6