PS4 - Transistor

PlayStation Blogcast 020: StarDrone-ing on about Starhawk & Dust 514

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Apr 12, 2012 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Subscription Links:

With Sid and Rey off in New York for a media event, Nick and I elucidate the upcoming PS3, PSN, and PS Vita new release schedule for the week of April 16th. We also select a new PSN Gem of the week, share user tips, answer your questions, and talk about weird old PS2 games. Sid reports in from NYC with revealing interviews on Starhawk and Dust 514, painfully unaware of the unspeakably horrible things we were doing to his desk chair.

Listen intently as Dylan Jobe shares new information on Starhawk’s as-yet-unseen single-player mode, while David Reid from CCP Games plunges into upcoming free-to-play PS3-exclusive FPS Dust 514. Plus talk of pinball, RAD, and Stephen King. Join us, won’t you?

Stuff We Talked About

Official PlayStation.Blogcast - Sid ShumanJeff Rubenstein

Official PlayStation.Blogcast: Nick SuttnerOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast: Rey Gutierrez

The Cast

• Sid Shuman – PlayStation Sr. Social Media Specialist
  • Jeff Rubenstein – PlayStation Sr. Social Media Manager
  • Nick Suttner – PlayStation Sr. Product Evaluator
  • Rey Gutierrez – PlayStation Sr. Social Media Specialist
  • [Editor’s note: PSN game release dates are subject to change without notice. Game
    details are gathered from press releases from their individual publishers and/or ESRB rating
    descriptions.]

+ cookiemonster525 on April 12th, 2012 at 4:02 pm said:

Have you guys ever considered doing a weekly/monthly top PSN activity blog post? I’d be cool to see which games have the highest multiplayer activity on PSN.

+ Hooligantuan on April 12th, 2012 at 4:18 pm said:

That other game does not deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Dust 514.

+ Sid Shuman on April 12th, 2012 at 11:03 pm said:

They’re very different; I loved what I’ve played of Starhawk’s single-player campaign, I’ll talk about it next week on the show!

+ D-Squad3 on April 12th, 2012 at 4:25 pm said:

Warhawk>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Starhawk

+ Akibara12 on April 12th, 2012 at 4:35 pm said:

Tip for Sid: This is how you pronounce Rey’s last name “goo-TYAIR-res”. If you still can’t figure it out, ask Rey to teach you. I’m sorry I’m being a linguistics police but I’ve let it slide for too long lol. It sounds like a train wreck to me every time you say his last name wrong. Sorry for the rant :P

+ Sid Shuman on April 12th, 2012 at 11:18 pm said:

I do it on purpose :)

+ cros1625 on April 12th, 2012 at 4:49 pm said:

Can’t wait to check out Dust514 and see all the unique features of combining an FPS in an MMO universe. Is the release window still this summer?

+ Jeff Rubenstein on April 12th, 2012 at 5:31 pm said:

They haven’t updated the release date – hopefully we’ll find out a more specific time soon.

+ Cruz480 on April 12th, 2012 at 4:51 pm said:

What you didnt talk about: PSVita Remote play support and patch to enhance overall experience.

What you should have talked about: Remote play support and patch to enhance overall experience.

+ Nesroa on April 12th, 2012 at 4:51 pm said:

Hey Jeff!
    Where can we email our user tips and questions? I know you always say it in the show, but I always forget.

+ fultz7 on April 12th, 2012 at 5:35 pm said:

Here’s a question. Does your progress on a demo get deleted on PS3/Vita if you delete the demo before purchasing the game?

+ ABRipperXX on April 12th, 2012 at 5:41 pm said:

Hey guys, great podcast and interviews both games sound awesome. I got a question when is A-Men for Vita coming to the North American store? Thanks.

+ Sid Shuman on April 12th, 2012 at 11:19 pm said:

No word on the US release for that one yet, but we’ll keep you posted

+ ein_nineteenth on April 12th, 2012 at 5:54 pm said:

Talking about R.A.D? I could have just sworn I just whined about this game not being on the PSN as a Classic a couple of days ago.

Anyway, more power to you guys if you bring up stuff like RAD and Dust more often.

+ DarkOne_PR on April 12th, 2012 at 5:59 pm said:

hey what the ps vita update 1.67 do???? damn im tired of worthless updates!
    We need:
    1. Youtube
    2. FireFox web browser
    3. FULL PSN Compatibility with ps3! Show online on ps3 when online on the vita and what games are we playing! + Ps3 List of PSV trophies and PSvita trophies lvl up our profile LVL!
    4. Folders
    5. Once you connect the PSV to the PSN let it stay connected not start connecting every time u open an APP plus every time when u got out of the app for a moment and go back to it it refresh… wtf?
    6. PS1 classics and Remote Play make it happen sony! We the day one customers deserve as much! I bet i wont even get a reply but hell its worth it to try to reach u :(

WE love U WE WANT U TO SUCCEED! so pls help us too!

+ Sid Shuman on April 12th, 2012 at 11:19 pm said:

Thanks for the feedback. The 1.67 update is minor and optional, addressing a quirk that was happening with a camera in a few games, nothing mindblowing.

+ blakseed on April 12th, 2012 at 6:22 pm said:

Is there anyway you guys can check for plants and moles on the blog? This crap is getting annoying.

+ C_Y_P_H_E_R on April 12th, 2012 at 6:28 pm said:

I need to know all the non-gamestop exclusive deals for Starhawk. Sup wit that!?!?

+ Sid Shuman on April 12th, 2012 at 11:20 pm said:

GameStop is all I’m aware of for now in terms of pre-order benefits…

+ ClovePsyKoz on April 12th, 2012 at 6:32 pm said:

DUUUUUUUSSTTT!!!!

+ TooTall19 on April 12th, 2012 at 6:34 pm said:

Very interesting. You guys do a great job. Playing the vita and listening to video game talk is a nice way to end the day. I like how you guys are positive.

+ Sid Shuman on April 12th, 2012 at 11:20 pm said:

Glad you like it! What can we do better?

+ starscreamerx31 on April 12th, 2012 at 7:06 pm said:

A quick copy and paste of what this guy said

We need
    1. Youtube
    2. FireFox web browser
    4. Folders

On another note guys i dont know who to ask about the mass effect 3 multiplayer thing but bioware is blaming you guys for the issues.

Please guys rectify this issue as on the bioware forums people are stating they will jump ship for this 1 game.

If it is on sonys end please work something out as i truly love sony and want only for you guys to prosper.

+ Sid Shuman on April 12th, 2012 at 11:21 pm said:

Have you tried out Share? share.blog.us.playstation.com

+ CapZylo on April 12th, 2012 at 7:09 pm said:

Hey Jeff. My user tip was on the show last week, but I haven’t received any of the codes Sid mentioned. I’m very excited for Closure, and to get UMvC3 for the Vita! Any idea when I can expect those? Thanks!

+ jeffsmither on April 12th, 2012 at 7:13 pm said:

Ever thought about putting video on the Blogcast?
    Also, Is there a way to see why my PS3 is downloading so slow?

+ kirafung on April 12th, 2012 at 7:37 pm said:

More good games are starting to come out on VITA for both Japan and US region… Sadly I can only activate one account on VITA, either this or my US account… Sony, Which one should I pick?

+ kirafung on April 12th, 2012 at 7:54 pm said:

Huh, comment 19 being moderated? What is the rule for moderation?

+ drd7of14 on April 12th, 2012 at 7:58 pm said:

Hey, guys. Just want to say, awesome blog. I really enjoyed hearing some more about Starhawk, really looking forward to this game. Way to go Sid!

But my question pertains to the PS VITA. Any word on when we’ll be hearing from more supported digital PSP titles on the VITA? I was a big fan of the PS Store method of purchasing, but it’s sad when I have to keep my PSP around when I want to play Battlefront: Renegade Squadron. My VITA would really appreciate it.

I only ask cause SONY said we’d hear from more PSP titles in the coming weeks since the VITA’s release, but it’s almost 2 months later. Where’s the LOVE? :(

+ Sid Shuman on April 12th, 2012 at 11:22 pm said:

We’re working on the PSP stuff and with a little luck we’ll have more to share soon, so thanks for your patience there. Glad you liked the Starhawk segment!

+ drd7of14 on April 12th, 2012 at 8:19 pm said:

Links from Facebook will open up the browser too. But, the browser will recommend to close other applications. A lot of websites do NOT work. But, nice tip bro.

+ Dragun619 on April 12th, 2012 at 8:27 pm said:

Hm, I was sorta expecting the Psblog to have some stuff posted from Capcom’s Captivate 2012 event this week.
    You guys didn’t get an invite? :\

+ Mattsta001 on April 12th, 2012 at 9:53 pm said:

Hey Nick Suttner, if you are reading this check out this thread and drop me a PM on what you think:

There is a lot of good stuff on there you could pick up for PSN if you get in touch with the devs. Given Kaz has said there will be an emphasis on downloadable titles going forward I think the list would be a good starting point.

+ SolduNuts on April 12th, 2012 at 10:07 pm said:

Great job guys, great show once again. I got a Vita awhile back and I am playing a ton of Motor Storm RC. The next game I am looking to get is Uncharted, but I might need to make room on my memory card. I was wondering if I delete Motor Storm will I loose my saved data as well? Keep up the good work.

Sold.

+ Sid Shuman on April 12th, 2012 at 11:23 pm said:

If you use the “Copy” service in Content Manager you’ll keep the saves. Bam!

+ cjmc18 on April 13th, 2012 at 12:31 am said:

@11 the vita trophies does level up your profile. I did the experiment when i was LV 14 98%. I started to get a few vita only trophies to see if it level me up. i used Uncharted Golden Abyss and it did leveled me up to level 15. and trust me. Uncharted GA will be my next Platinum Trophy.

+ madhukrishna9999 on April 13th, 2012 at 1:46 am said:

good

+ Draven71 on April 13th, 2012 at 2:59 am said:

Great job guys! Just wondering if a North American release date for Top Darts for the Vita has been decided upon and when that date may be. Any idea?

+ Slaysme on April 13th, 2012 at 7:32 am said:

The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed.

+ Nick Suttner on April 13th, 2012 at 9:55 am said:

Yesssssssssssssssssssss

+ tacotaskforce on April 13th, 2012 at 8:45 am said:

So two weeks ago I said that RAD didn’t have a proper sequel, and that sound just now was me slapping myself in the face because I have a poster of the sequel in the gameroom. It was called Remote Control Dandy SF. I’ve heard mixed things about it; I think they made tweaks to the controls that were not so great. Also instead of being able to choose a hotblooded youth, nihilistic young adult, or teen out of her depth as the protagonist you’re stuck with the spunky kid archetype. On the plus side the game is probably the best looking Sandlot game they’ve ever made, and it has a 1970s aesthetic that I don’t think any other game has touched.

Japan only, but with a short translation guide it should be no harder to play than RAD.

+ DarkOne_PR on April 13th, 2012 at 11:57 am said:

SID thanks a lot for the reply. I bet u own a psv so u must be on our shoes too :)

btw Any word on Gravity rush? what are we getting for waiting all this time for it? :)

Other thing…. When can we expect Ragnarok Odyssey? im super exited for that game it has been released in japan but why havent here yet! PSV need that game here >_<

+ DarkOne_PR on April 13th, 2012 at 11:58 am said:

and why my comment that i posted just now it awaiting moderation???

+ mwayne on April 13th, 2012 at 12:38 pm said:

Great podcast but huge letdown. I thought that having RAD on the topics list that it might be coming as a PS2 classic. I love that game and it needs to be on my PS3!

But yeah keep up the good work guys.

+ Joey-Wan on April 13th, 2012 at 12:46 pm said:

Oh, man. Being a Dark Tower fan is hard work and requires a lot of patience. When I loaded up this page and saw “Stephen King’s the Dark Tower” in “Stuff we talked about”, my heart skipped a beat and I got goosebumps. I thought you guys had a world exclusive reveal of the video game! You can’t do that to me! I just aged 5 years!

What a great property that would be to explore. Since JJ Abrams, and now Ron Howard have been unable to get the movie franchise off the ground, now would be a prime time to introduce the universe to gamers.

P.S. Nick, have you heard about book 4.5, “The Wind through the Keyhole”? I haven’t had a chance to check it out myself, but I’ve heard positive reviews thus far.

+ Nick Suttner on April 13th, 2012 at 3:07 pm said:

I am EAGERLY anticipating Keyhole’s release. Man, a Dark Tower game could be unreal…let’s hope someone gives it a shot at some point.

+ wolfflame21 on April 13th, 2012 at 2:46 pm said:

Quick question guys? Why are there so many Escape Plan avatars? WHERE DO I GET THEM!!!!!

+ madhukrishna9999 on April 16th, 2012 at 5:05 am said:

superb

+ madhukrishna9999 on April 16th, 2012 at 5:07 am said:

nice

+ Nates4Christ on April 18th, 2012 at 3:04 pm said:

I loved hearing you guys mention Gundam when you where describing robots in costume quest. Are any of you Gundam fans from back in the day when Gundam WIng used to be on Cartoon network, and Playstation 2 was the main console of choice for Gundam games?