PS4-The Order

Gravity Rush Pre-Order DLC Revealed

Wilson Cheng's Avatar + Posted by Wilson Cheng on Apr 24, 2012 // Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

PS Vita’s gravity-bending adventure, Gravity Rush, hits stores on June 12. And today I’m pleased to announce that we’ll be offering exclusive access to an array of downloadable content when you pre-order the title. Pre-order Gravity Rush at any of our participating retailers and you’ll receive the Military DLC Pack featuring two extra side missions, two new challenge missions and a military-themed costume for Kat. Read on for a full description of what the Military DLC Pack has to offer.

Gravity Rush for PS Vita: Kat Military

Extra Missions:
Once you complete Episode 17 of the main story, you’ll unlock the new “Game Rules” side mission. In this mission, Kat has been asked by Commander Yuri to train as a military officer. As she trains with her rival, Seawasp, a message comes in saying that the Nevi have appeared and it is up to you to defeat them. After you clear this mission, you’ll receive Kat’s unique military costume!

Complete the “Game Rules” side mission and you’ll be able to access a second side mission: “Visionary courage.” In this mission, D’nerica has ordered for the capture of a massive amount of Nevies. En route, a disaster strikes and Hekseville is swarmed. Amidst the chaos that ensues, Kat must decide which is more important – her mission, or her friends.

Gravity Rush for PS Vita: Kat MilitaryGravity Rush for PS Vita: Kat Military

Challenge Missions:
Once you’ve completed Episode 8 and Episode 11 of the main game, you’ll also be able to access the “Factory Energy Gate Race 2” and “Slide Race in Another Dimension” challenge missions respectively.

Gravity Rush’s launch is right around the corner, so be sure to take advantage of the exclusive Military DLC Pack by pre-ordering at any of our participating retailers.

PAGE 1 2

+ ShinobiMura on April 24th, 2012 at 1:32 pm said:

This is not pre-order exclusive DLC is it? As in it will be released later for everyone on PSN correct? I’m planning on getting this game over PSN so I won’t be able to preorder…

+ Abe54321 on April 24th, 2012 at 1:33 pm said:

Since people asking about loyal PSN customers’ purchases are being ignored, I assume you guys are negotiating with Sony to set up any week 1 buyers to get the DLC? Think about this: more used copies in stores will appear if you alienate your hardcore userbase who wants to buy in digital…

+ Yeahbeer on April 24th, 2012 at 1:50 pm said:

Just made my order can’t wait to play it!!!

+ SiloEyes on April 24th, 2012 at 1:51 pm said:

Reiterating my previous comment. If you want to preorder the digital version for PSN at the same price for the bonuses, you can do so at GameStop. This is, of course, if for some reason Sony themselves don’t offer a preorder option directly on PSN.

+ D-Squad3 on April 24th, 2012 at 2:34 pm said:

Still a a couple months away. :(

More Vita support!

+ gilgamesh21 on April 24th, 2012 at 2:43 pm said:

I too would like to know if all this DLC will be available to purchase later on.

+ DarkOne_PR on April 24th, 2012 at 3:05 pm said:

have mine pre ordered like a month ago! nice to see that at least we got something for the horrible wait….

NOTE: I like more the semi naked kat! jijijiji ^_^

+ Lopan on April 24th, 2012 at 3:11 pm said:

Wow, Vita’s first pre-order perk. Well, I guess the only smart thing to do then is to pre-order this.

+ luvtoseek on April 24th, 2012 at 5:20 pm said:

@54, were there bonuses for Unit 13? Also, maybe it’s a matter of the product code in which the bonuses are tied to- meaning if Gamestop recieves 100 physical copies of a game, then there are 100 bonus codes which again, are linked to the retail sale. Giving these bonuses on a digital copy won’t be allowed unless Sony provides the bonus to digital sales as well.

+ NoGodsOnlyMan on April 24th, 2012 at 5:22 pm said:

I want and will get this game on day one

Please make the DLC pre order extra available for digital buyers.

I want this game always on my vita, this game has the makings of greatness!!!!

+ Esena on April 24th, 2012 at 8:11 pm said:

Just want to say… loving the Vita and looking forward to this release.

But…

If you guys want digital downloads to thrive you need to do two things (at least):

1. Be competitive with retail prices. It doesn’t make much sense to me to download something digitally even at the standard (almost) $5 discount, when I can get the physical copy for cheaper…sometimes much cheaper. It would be wise for you to weekly adjust the digital prices to be comparable to the physical prices. Or better yet–cheaper! :)

2. Pre-order bonuses should ALWAYS be available for digital downloads. Why penalize somebody for getting a game digitally over physical. If anything it should be the other way around. Digital proponents should get more benefits. More money for the devs+publishers and no used game market.

+ Broccosparagus on April 24th, 2012 at 9:04 pm said:

Please state whether this is Pre-Order ONLY DLC
or Pre-Order Bonus DLC

Pre-Order ONLY DLC is when you get DLC no one else can get, even though they’d be willing to pay for it.

&

Pre-Order Bonus DLC is when you get a certain DLC for FREE, when you Pre-Order the game…
…but is still available to the rest of us to PAY for and we may even have to wait like 5 months before it becomes available.

“EXCLUSIVE” gets used in varying manners so it’s a little vague, “exclusive to this game, exclusive to our country, exclusive to this store, exclusive to this console, yadda yadda, you catch my drift.)

TL;DR Tell me if I can buy this DLC in the PSN store at a later date or if I should just commit suicide right now.

+ Broccosparagus on April 24th, 2012 at 9:14 pm said:

Also the above comment is not to appear mean or anything it’s just that once I hear the word DLC it makes me furious with the power of a million suns… also I am poor at choosing my words, I suppose.

+ Naijaplaya3 on April 25th, 2012 at 9:17 am said:

Already played the japanese Demo
This game is awesome every vita owner should give this a try
pls sony market this game well
people should know that this game exist

+ TheTwelve on April 25th, 2012 at 11:10 am said:

PSN pre-order stuff please, thanks —-12

+ SiloEyes on April 25th, 2012 at 11:37 am said:

@59 there weren’t bonuses for pre-ordering Unit 13. What I meant was that GameStop takes preorders for digital PSN versions of Vita games and I’m sure doing so would net you the bonus content the same as pre-ordering the physical versions.

+ Boger on April 25th, 2012 at 5:10 pm said:

PSN, PSN, I buy My Vita games on PSN. I have only one game on the game card, Little Deviants. And that’s because it came with my early edition bundle. I want every game I buy in digital form. I don’t appreciate being punished for not driving to a store. The money I save not driving, gets me at least one game a month. 10-15 dollars saved, one new game.
Great blog, thanks.

+ Protohype on April 25th, 2012 at 5:30 pm said:

I’m also wondering if these DLC bonuses are for PSN preorders too.

+ UAE_SPEED on April 25th, 2012 at 6:19 pm said:

If you notice it guys all the red replies, replied to hardware copy issues. But clearly nothing for the digital copy. I think there is no bonuses for the digital copies here which is a bog disappointment for me as I consider buying it from the first minute.
And for (Wilson Cheng) thanks for ignoring us, I appreciate it.

+ YungShep on April 25th, 2012 at 6:38 pm said:

i recently tried this at the SXSW event playstation hosted in Austin Texas :) if you haven’t played this…you will b in for a awesome treat. i’d much rather the digital, but if i gotta step up my cartrigages..fine :) i got a backpack anyway i tote my vita in everyday, so its watev…

bring it on June! May will be brutal..

+ RXMaverick on April 25th, 2012 at 6:38 pm said:

No bonuses for digital copies is a huge problem for me… I have 2 copies of Disgaea 3, my physical one is still sealed. I’d like to not have this be the standard.

+ Boger on April 25th, 2012 at 6:53 pm said:

Like UAE_SPEED said”I appreciate it” also.

+ Xx_D4rK-Sk3LL_Xx on April 26th, 2012 at 2:20 pm said:

HOORAY ANOTHER FEMALE ADVENTURE :D FANTASTIC!

+ LIZZ1ER0SE on April 26th, 2012 at 11:51 pm said:

Why Sony (especially SCEA) really love to punish us, the loyal customers? First Unit-13 launch day “online pass” problems and now this. If we (users who prefer online distribution) didn’t get the same preorder DLC bonuses as the “physical copy” users, I am still going to buy the game, but I will rate it 1-star. I also urge other “digital-copy only” PS Vita users to do the same. I really look forward to play this game, but something like this clearly will deteriorate the overall experience. This is highly embarrassing for Sony considering this is, like Unit-13, a first-party game!

+ pureluck13 on April 27th, 2012 at 8:34 pm said:

Can’t wait to get a Vita, just been so busy with school, it would unfortunately be collecting dust, so I had to postpone my purchase. Just wanted to say, keep them games coming I’ll have some good catching up to do this summer.

+ Avi_Draconis on April 30th, 2012 at 12:20 am said:

looks like something i might get… are there any other vita games in the works then are currently announced? from what i can find there are only twenty-nine games released/announced… and to be honest i’m only really that interested in three of them, this game included… are there any others yet to be shown?

+ DarkS2K on May 2nd, 2012 at 3:13 pm said:

lol Sooo this is only for physical preorders?? Way to reward your digital download supporters Sony. Smart.

+ GROGEN_ONE on May 3rd, 2012 at 8:10 pm said:

I was hoping to have this on launch, but I’m happy to see it finally hit NA =)

+ NoAssociation on May 8th, 2012 at 12:35 pm said:

I too would like to see DLC for PSN buyers. I have no intention of buying any games at retail for my Vita.

+ JQM78 on May 9th, 2012 at 7:06 pm said:

Looking forward to this and the demo…. got it paid off already!!

+ Shiroyami on May 9th, 2012 at 7:11 pm said:

June 12th is so soon, won’t even have my Vita until September-ish, but I’m purchasing this early to show my support for NEW IP!

+ Op4Zx on May 23rd, 2012 at 8:29 pm said:

The EU blog has updated their page to inform customers that the DLC will be free for those who buy from the EU PSN Store for a limited time. I’d like to know if this will also happen for the US PSN store?

PAGE 1 2