No Man's Sky

ModNation Monday’s Two-Year Anniversary

Mark Wilson's Avatar + Posted by Mark Wilson on May 07, 2012 // Community Specialist, San Diego Studios

Palloza-mania has hit ModNation. Can you feel it? Can you feel the love, people? This is week two of our Anniversary Celebration and this shin-dig is just heating up.

Check it out…

The “Moddys”: Our Favorite Mods
This week we begin the uber-popular “Moddys” Celebration 2.0. We searched through thousands upon thousands of Mods. Karts, and Tracks to present you with some of our favorite amazing, scary, and wacky creations.

This week we bring you… our favorite Mods.

The categories include:

• “Wrong Place, Wrong Time” (Favorite Mod Eating Another Mod)
  • “Mostly Found In B-Rated Restaurants” (Favorite Fly Mods)
  • “Baby Got Black” (Favorite Goth Mods)
  • “I Find It Rather Easy Being Green” (Favorite Green Mods)
  • “These Tights Cut Off My Circulation (Favorite Superhero Wanna-be’s)
  • “We’re Big In Japan” (Favorite Japanese Themed Mods)
  • “I Flatulate In Your General Direction” (Favorite Knight Mods)
  • “That’s Gonna Leave A Mark” (Favorite Ouchy Mods)
  • “Oh Great, Nightmares For A Week Now!” (Favorite Scary Mods)
  • “hsssssssss……….” (Favorite Snake Mods)
  • “Excuse Me, Can You Take My Picture?” (Favorite Tourist Mods)
  • “Mommy… I’m Scared” (un-Favorite Clown Mods)
  • “Making You An Offer You Can’t Refuse” (Favorite “Wanted” Mods)

Please take the time to view these creations HERE

ModNation Racers Two-Year Anniversary Collectable Wallpaper

wallpaper

Over the next few weeks we will randomly be handing out these limited edition wallpapers (25 only ea.) for your PS3 or Vita. Those lucky fans will have our crack team of artists customize their wallpaper with their PSN ID! Everyone will have the chance to attain the non-personalized anniversary wallpaper in our forums and Facebook page this week!

“Road Trip” Track of the Week / Community Hot Lap Challenge
Each week we will host the “Track of the Week” Community Hot Lap Challenge to see who can post the best time on selected tracks. The top three times will be mentioned here in this ModNation Monday blog for the world to see.

Last Week’s Hot Lap Results:

Track: “ModNation Movie Studios” by DougHeffernan

1. JuJitsu97 52.947s
  2. ZlheckJr 53.497s
  3. Jeanbean8 56.222s

This week’s track:

vitatotw

ModNation Racers For PS3

Track Creation Challenge: “Home Sweet Home”
This is going to be fun and quite possibly the best track creation challenge yet: We are pushing the ModNation track creators to design a track modeled after their hometown! The challenge will test the skills of the best track creators in the game. Relying on imagination and not a “midnight pizza-vison” to come up with amazing tracks or creations, those skills may not work here. Players will need to simulate the city where they live. Our favorite tracks will make their way into Top Tracks or Hot Lap for a week of notoriety. Sign up HERE!

Anniv. Celebration Fun Race Nights in May
Join ModNationSD for a night of fun races all throughout the month of May from 4:30 – 5:30 pm PST! If you would like to race, send a friend request to ModNationSD and I will add you for the night!

ModNation Racers Grand Prix 2012
Sign up this week for the ModNation Racers Gran Prix 2012 Racing Championship. The first set of qualifying “time trials” will be held this weekend (May 12-13). Racers will have the chance to qualify on a pre-determined United Front Games track to be hosted in Hot Lap all weekend. The top five fastest lap times (of those signed up) will automatically be entered into the finals. A remaining five spots for the finals will be decided the following week. Signup’s HERE.

Note to ModNation Racers players of both Road Trip and PS3 MNR – you may qualify for an “invitational” spot in the ModNation Racers PS3 Grand Prix Finals. The racer with the fastest time on a track tba will earn an automatic bid in the Grand Prix. Pretty cool huh? Sign up HERE and add the comment VITA GP to your name

gp2012

Top Tracks: Best of PSN ID: MrDufus

ModNation Racers Hot Lap Track of the Week – Camping school in summer by Std9325

totwps3

Monday: Croatia-Paklenica Park by mackAttack8000
Tuesday: The Corner Garden GP by anaximperator
Wednesday: Polar Plaza by Audi_S4-HB84
Thursday: Crocodile Chaos! by flathletics102
Friday: Dino Derby by Iop330
Saturday: Camping school in summer by Std9325
Sunday: Kyronia City by prob_alex

Happy Anniversary ModNation-ites!

Mark
PS3: ModNationSD
Vita: ModNationSDVita

+ CAPNDigital on May 7th, 2012 at 2:27 pm said:

Thanks for picking my Catfish Rally Vita for Track of the Week. I tried to create a track that would feel right at home among the career mode tracks. Happy 2nd Anniversary and Long Live ModNation!!!

Mark Wilson's Avatar

+ Mark Wilson on May 7th, 2012 at 2:32 pm said:

I just noticed that both of the “Track’s of the Week” have a camping theme. What’s up with that?

Congrats! Love the track!

Mark

+ moriarty1975 on May 7th, 2012 at 2:41 pm said:

I hate campers…..oh wait wrong game!,

Hopefully i’ll be able to reply to next Mondays blog post with “I told you it’d be amazeballs”?!

;)

+ HandsomeDave85 on May 7th, 2012 at 3:26 pm said:

Is there any official word on whether or not the PS3 DLC track packs are going to go on sale some time during this Anniversary celebration?

Mark Wilson's Avatar

+ Mark Wilson on May 7th, 2012 at 3:36 pm said:

hmmmmm… Good question. I should have something to tell you during this anniversary-palooza . Party on!

+ DarkOne_PR on May 7th, 2012 at 3:33 pm said:

As Always my Protest live on…

No Online = No buy

Anyways, I cant wait to get the MNR DLC package. :)

+ dancinglights800 on May 7th, 2012 at 3:43 pm said:

hmmmm…. my tracks never appears here, just sad, but, whatever, Hey Mark, race on my newest track!!

it’s called

Tsunami Coming

Hope you like!

Mark Wilson's Avatar

+ Mark Wilson on May 7th, 2012 at 8:39 pm said:

Will give it a go!

+ drew713 on May 7th, 2012 at 3:44 pm said:

is the ps3 DLC going to be on sale anytime soon?

+ TUSTIN1 on May 7th, 2012 at 5:21 pm said:

They’ve been going to tell us ‘soon’ about a sale on the track pack DLC for several months now. Apparently they have no sense of time.

Palloza is no more a word this week than it was last week – I see you corrected yourself in the replies…or you mistakenly used the actual word…

+ mg53215 on May 7th, 2012 at 6:25 pm said:

Hey i downloaded the tracks from modnation racers onto modnation racers road trip and they are awesome. its cool to relive the tracks from modnation racers. I would like it if more or all of the remaining tracks created from modnation racers are on the modnation racers road trip. Whooo! Happy 2-year Anniversary, Modnation!!!

Most wanted tracks (includes some from PS3 and PSP):

Drift Paradise, Sinkhole, Mod Finale, Dire Cliff, Launchers Rush, Citadel Heights, Switchback Valley, Lost Temple, Fracture, Rumble Jungle, Mt. Pain, Rickety Bridge

+ xjordan93 on May 7th, 2012 at 6:38 pm said:

ill buy the vita version the day it gets online multiplayer,

cross platform with ps3 preferably

+ NMW7 on May 7th, 2012 at 6:40 pm said:

I hope the little big planet racing game doesn’t stop modnation from getting a sequel, there’s so many things that can be added

+ Hooligantuan on May 7th, 2012 at 7:43 pm said:

ModNation Racers is done, they haven’t produced any new DLC for it in about a year with none on the horizon.

Good game, don’t get me wrong, but it’s obvious that they shifted gears fully into Road Trip and we’re unlikely to see them back our way again, especially considering Road Trip doesn’t support online multiplayer (lolwhat?) and its review scores suffered dramatically for such a glaring omission. I mean, I frankly just hope that UFG sticks around at all, after seeing studios like Zipper get shut down earlier in the year for similarly jumping onto their Next Big Thing while their Current Big Thing was still plenty big and worth their attention.

+ TUSTIN1 on May 7th, 2012 at 8:09 pm said:

@11 UFG doesn’t have anything to do with Road Trip and they’re not a Sony studio. They developed the first game for Sony and then the reigns were handed off to San Diego studios.

+ Hooligantuan on May 8th, 2012 at 1:13 am said:

@TUSTIN1

I was yawning really hard at what you said and my eyes well up a smidge when I yawn, so I can’t seem to finish reading your post because I keep yawning around the words “Road Trip” and oop there I go again.

I may never know what you posted, but I am sure it was really interesting.

+ atheistsw on May 8th, 2012 at 8:24 am said:

Haha! After years of dominating the podium, AUDI have now switched their attention to hotlap tracks (see Wednesday’s choice). Tell me Mark, is there no IP rule-breaking about promoting a track from someone determined to promote a certain German car manufacturer wherever they go? :D:D:D

+ Freshwick on May 11th, 2012 at 4:40 am said:

How in the heck can I win one of those custom wallpapers… it’s probably the best contest/ give away idea I’ve ever seen. You got to tell me so I can help spread the word !!!

I’ll conga for you XD