PS4-Infamous

See Resistance: Burning Skies PS Vita Features and Trophy List

Derek Osgood's Avatar + Posted by Derek Osgood on May 10, 2012 // Associate Product Marketing Manager, Sony Computer Entertainment America

Shooter fans everywhere are starting to get excited since we’re now less than a month away from the May 29th release of Resistance: Burning Skies. Two weeks ago, we introduced the world to Burning Skies’ competitive multiplayer experience, and so far, we’ve been thrilled with how much fans and media have enjoyed playing it! I know many of you are chomping at the bit to get out there and start taking the war against the Chimera online, so you’ll be happy to hear that last week, Resistance: Burning Skies went gold. To celebrate, we’d like to show you our new trailer, which focuses on the game’s unique feature set.

Resistance: Burning Skies brings a lot of “firsts” to the PS Vita – First-ever dual-analog FPS control on a portable device, the first competitive multiplayer shooter experience on the PS Vita, and the first support for Party voice chat. The real question though, is who is going to be the first to Platinum Resistance: Burning Skies? In order to help you along, we thought we’d share the game’s Trophy list:

Trophy Name Rank Description
Platinum Platinum Earn all trophies

Staten Island Bronze Successfully complete level 1

Hidden Trophy Gold
Upgrade Bronze Upgrade a weapon in Single Player Campaign

Combine Silver Upgrade both slots in Single Player Campaign

Customize Gold Upgrade all weapons in Single Player Campaign

Indiscriminate Bronze Kill an enemy with every weapon in the Single Player Campaign

Variety Bronze Use the Secondary Fire of each weapon in the Single Player Campaign

Dangerous Bronze Kill 250 Chimera in the Single Player Campaign

Deadly Silver Kill 500 Chimera in the Single Player Campaign

Lethal Gold Kill 1000 Chimera in the Single Player Campaign

Axed Silver Kill 50 Chimera with Riley’s Axe in the Single Player Campaign

Overheat Silver Kill 50 Chimera by detonating their heat stacks in the Single Player Campaign

Boom Silver Kill 100 Chimera with headshots in the Single Player Campaign

Impaled Silver Kill an Impaler

Executed Silver Kill an Executioner

Giant Gold Kill any combination of 18 Impalers or Executioners

Hidden Trophy Gold
Hidden Trophy Gold
Incite Gold Complete one round of Multiplayer

There are also 5 more Trophies we didn’t mention to avoid any spoilers, but that list should get you started. Keep your eyes peeled over the next few weeks, because there’s much more to come before May 29th. Also, if you missed our last post, we’re offering some nice goodies when you pre-order your copy of Resistance: Burning Skies today!

PAGE 1 2

+ Dark-Zero1687 on May 10th, 2012 at 7:15 am said:

Yes, can’t wait for this game. It’s a pitty that Insomniac decided to cut loose from the franchise, as their last game was amazing. But I can’t wait for this one either. Retribution was a great spin off, sadly we never saw the sequel to it. Here is hoping that this game can at least reach the thrill that R3 was.
Also, is there any confirmation for the PSN price yet?
Bests!

+ JimmyHACK on May 10th, 2012 at 7:17 am said:

Day one digital purcahse.. now how about a pre-order option, and incentive for us Digital version consumers.. please don’t forget about us.

+ mr_chun on May 10th, 2012 at 7:27 am said:

Bought my Vita this week in preparation for this game’s release. CAN’T WAIT!

+ CjFlyness on May 10th, 2012 at 7:28 am said:

3 RD!

+ DZORMAGEN on May 10th, 2012 at 7:30 am said:

So there is only 20 trophies total? Is this a PSN game or full game?

+ Viewtiful_Josh on May 10th, 2012 at 7:39 am said:

Can’t wait to play this thing, and also show it off to my friends! Long. Live. Play!

+ remanutd5 on May 10th, 2012 at 7:40 am said:

my most anticipated vita title , cant wait !!!!
1. will there be a release date countdown here on the blog?
2. are we getting the pre order bonuses if we buy the digital version?
3. is there gonna be a tv spot?
4. is there gonna be a demo?
5. Rise,Stand,Resist.

+ jvasq on May 10th, 2012 at 7:45 am said:

looks freaking awesome. i love my vita already but this is what ive been waiting for. a way to utilize the two analog sticks. so cool. question, i want to pre order for the bonuses but im a digital kinda guy how does this work for me? or will i have to buy the physical copy

+ AwRy108 on May 10th, 2012 at 7:47 am said:

Day one! Also, it’s being released on my birthday–I’ll be 33 freakin’ years old!

+ G-Force08 on May 10th, 2012 at 7:59 am said:

Looking forward to this. :)

+ Smert_ on May 10th, 2012 at 8:01 am said:

Platinum- here I come!
Also another digital day one purchase

+ ItaChu on May 10th, 2012 at 8:18 am said:

So were going to get into this game with just one story trailer? ….. More story Sony come one :) …. and yeah I cant leave a comment without saying Fix RemotePlay and PS+ minis thanks :)

Derek Osgood's Avatar

+ Derek Osgood on May 14th, 2012 at 11:40 am said:

Don’t worry, we’ve still got a couple videos upcoming for you ;)

+ ItaChu on May 10th, 2012 at 8:18 am said:

come one lol come on*

+ DaMann22 on May 10th, 2012 at 8:32 am said:

please bring the pre-order bonus to the ps vita for the first week/month. Sony did this for the psp so why not the vita? Are you trying to alienate your early adopters more?

+ dcheocyco on May 10th, 2012 at 8:45 am said:

I been playing Disgaea 3 , which is so good; i will be busy until this one comes out; the only shooters that i enjoy most are Resistanse games, Uncharted and maybe Killzone ( i like them with Move Sharpshooter), so Resistanse goodness on the go, im in!!!! I will even play the multiplayer on this!! Add me guys to play !!!

+ Shrewder on May 10th, 2012 at 8:48 am said:

Derek,

Do you happen to know what the frame rate will be like in this title?

Derek Osgood's Avatar

+ Derek Osgood on May 14th, 2012 at 11:42 am said:

The frame rate will be competitive with other Vita titles

+ darth_orange93 on May 10th, 2012 at 9:30 am said:

No pre-order bonus from the PS Store?

+ Heavenly_king on May 10th, 2012 at 9:33 am said:

I could swear that I have seen that trailer before, but dont remember where :(

+ The_Ottsel on May 10th, 2012 at 9:37 am said:

Guys, THE REAL FRAMERATE IS MUCH BETTER!!! Look the actual gameplay and see it for yourselves!!!!

+ IVIasterJason on May 10th, 2012 at 9:44 am said:

Looks Great, been wanting this since it was first announced (I kid you not). Any chance we can get a demo release date? Thanks

+ OmegaSpear on May 10th, 2012 at 9:57 am said:

I’m looking forward to the multiplayer

+ MakoSOLIDER on May 10th, 2012 at 10:08 am said:

EPIC TRAILER! Just spam this on TV more than the current Vita commercials and u’ll be set. It shows off the game and the biggest reason to buy: DUAL ANALOG STICKS. Just cut down the time the rating is shown to a second shorter. Dun make a commercial with a guy showing the game…..
people like to see the game not the guy

+ Firecrest on May 10th, 2012 at 10:08 am said:

Eh, I have a feeling that the horrendous framerate clearly highlighted in this trailer will be far too distracting and will severely detract from the ‘intense’ multiplayer aspect of the game.

If Sony’s wants to set a prime example of Vita’s pure processing power, then maybe they should set their sights a little higher than a game that looks incomplete.

Derek Osgood's Avatar

+ Derek Osgood on May 14th, 2012 at 11:46 am said:

This trailer was created prior to the final build of the game. We’re aware some fans have voiced concerns about the game’s frame rate, but the final game will be running at a frame rate competitive with other Vita titles.

+ kdnpdbyninjas on May 10th, 2012 at 10:52 am said:

Multiplayer is gonna be my biggest reason to pick this up

+ remanutd5 on May 10th, 2012 at 11:06 am said:

psvita universe of entertainment : starring Uncharted Golden Abyss, ModNation Racers Road Trip, Little Deviants, Resistance Burning Skies, Gravity Rush, Unit 13 , MLB 12 The Show and of course Sackboy’s next adventure, get rid of that ugly uninspired commercial where you only see a dude with a vita

+ deademo on May 10th, 2012 at 11:12 am said:

i know what im about to say have nothing to do with this game but i want to know are we getting soul sacrifice for the ps vita in u.s ..cuz that game look’s sick

+ polo155 on May 10th, 2012 at 11:33 am said:

i like to get digital version of the game but it’ll be unfair if only hard copies get pre-order bonus vs Digital Downlaod buys who have big memory cards.if this is gonna be the case then i’ll wait till it gets reduced and by it will all DLC later on by christmas.

Dont play the Digital Downloader’s, Play the System!

I love Resistance and the Resistance Monument is really cool too.

I always by the Special Edition Packs of games so ilike i said dont exclude the digital version purchasers.

Love my Vita.

I havent bought Unit 13 yet so if digital don’t get the pre-order bonus I can always just buy Unit i guess.

+ arcadean1 on May 10th, 2012 at 11:34 am said:

Things are starting to heat up! Been following this title from the inception, looking forward to finally getting to smoke some chimera butt. Can’t wait! Thanks Nihilistic, you guys deserve an ovation that I’m sure you’re gonna get for your hard work on this one. Long Live Play!

+ Miggy11 on May 10th, 2012 at 11:35 am said:

I want to be excited for this game, but I can’t get rid of that feeling that this game had a short development cycle and will feel rushed when it comes out.

+ TMAZT3R on May 10th, 2012 at 11:54 am said:

Please tell you will have DLC down the line.

+ TMAZT3R on May 10th, 2012 at 11:56 am said:

Also the Audio on the bullseye is a lot better.

+ brolol07 on May 10th, 2012 at 12:07 pm said:

Looks good! Until then I have MLB 12 The Show to keep me busy on my Vita! Never Stop Playing

+ CrusaderForever on May 10th, 2012 at 12:38 pm said:

Just beat Resistance 2 and will be tearing Resistance 3 down before 5/29/12! What a great series this is! Bring on some Vita Chimera’s!

+ Nick930930 on May 10th, 2012 at 12:53 pm said:

So are we going to just pretend that this game doesn’t run like absolute garbage? The optimization looks absolutely TERRIBLE.

I’m seeing framerates as low as 14 frames per second! How can this be released at $40?! This is a complete scam!

+ Nick930930 on May 10th, 2012 at 12:55 pm said:

THIS LOOKS ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE

+ Robbie_G_lrish on May 10th, 2012 at 1:06 pm said:

If you go on youtube and look at actual hands-on videos of the game the frame rate looks a thousand times better than it does in this video. I don’t think that it’s going to be a problem. That being said… I don’t think this is going to live up to the level of hype it’s getting on this blog.

+ gamer_316 on May 10th, 2012 at 1:36 pm said:

wats the frame rate 4 this game? cuz in the trailer it looked pretty bad

+ dcheocyco on May 10th, 2012 at 1:53 pm said:

Even if if looks like this , which is not; looks better than a lot of 3DS games, i saw the demo of the 1st levet, and is very good, the sounds, graphics, weapons, i mean i really like it, dont forget it is a portable system, and is good

+ Tremulan777 on May 10th, 2012 at 2:03 pm said:

I wonder how hard is to platinum Resistance

+ loveordie04 on May 10th, 2012 at 3:05 pm said:

Man screw what people are saying about the frame rate, the game looks good to me; So good that I already have my copy paid off. All i want is a few simple platformers and apps released for the Vita every time we get a market update.” Damn I just wanna play” is going to be my Vita Slogan. GREAT JOB WITH RESISTANCE I CANT WAIT TO PLAY.

+ Hooligantuan on May 10th, 2012 at 3:32 pm said:

Aha ha hahaha Vita

+ EternityInGaming on May 10th, 2012 at 3:34 pm said:

I Agree with the 2nd comment only reason i havent pre ordered yet is because i wanna wait to see if theres gonna be a pre order option through the digital service like Mass Effect 3 so i can play at midnight!

+ danmann861 on May 10th, 2012 at 3:56 pm said:

I’m watching an “over the shoulder” video right now…the frame rate doesn’t look anywhere near as bad as the trailer shows it to be…so maybe the footage in trailer was pre-optimization

Seriously this over the shoulder footage looks to be at least a solid 30 fps…and yet the trailer footage makes it look like its dropping down to 14 fps…so maybe its just that the trailer footage was pre-optimized

Still I’m excited…that trophy list is going to make for an EASY Platinum :)

+ xTurmoilZz on May 10th, 2012 at 4:09 pm said:

To everyone saying that the frame rate is bad go look at some gameplay videos of this game and you will find out that there is absolutely nothing wrong with the frame rate.

Anyway I’m looking forward to this game and with that trophy list I will definitely be getting the Platinum.

+ massimodo on May 10th, 2012 at 4:30 pm said:

Not super excited for this game. Nihilistic software’s last game was the poorly reviewed playstation move: heroes. Their track record leaves a lot to be desired. Worked on the now permanently in limbo Starcraft ghost. None of the gameplay videos have looked particularly exciting. Especially not impressed with the disappearing bodies routine.

No mention of how long the campaign mode is and multiplayer looks limited. I’ll be very surprised if this game gets high scores. The touch screen controls also seem like a major annoyance. I think the framerate is the least of this game’s issues.

+ jerk_man on May 10th, 2012 at 4:30 pm said:

the front to rear thing reminds me of a line from clerks 2.

+ MaximMicheal on May 10th, 2012 at 4:40 pm said:

Can’t wait to grab this and its being released on May 29! That’s birthday and this will be B-Day present for myself!

+ luvtoseek on May 10th, 2012 at 4:50 pm said:

@33, nick, it looks fine to me. But it looks like you take the whole game to be TERRIBLE!! If there’s a demo try it before you judge it. Or, read some reviews from some popular critics.

And um a scam? Okay, whatever…

+ La_maravich_22 on May 10th, 2012 at 4:54 pm said:

At least a real online multiplayer well done

+ La_maravich_22 on May 10th, 2012 at 5:00 pm said: