PS4-The Order

Pulse in May: Sorcery, Resistance: Burning Skies, Gravity Rush

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar + Posted by Kevin Furuichi on May 22, 2012 // Executive Producer, PlayStation Network

This edition of Pulse takes the magic-wand mechanics of Sorcery for a spin. Check out the arsenal of different spells and combos needed to battle with the PlayStation Move controller through this fast-paced fantasy adventure that pits you against trolls, ghostly soldiers, giant spiders, and the Nightmare Queen. Also on deck this month are Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier with over 50 weapons (including lethal remote drones) and PS Vita’s much-talked-about FPS Resistance: Burning Skies.

Pulse also investigates Gravity Rush this month. This physics-bending action game features fascinating and challenging new combat that you have to see to believe. Pre-orders at participating retailers include the military DLC pack featuring two extra side missions, two new challenge missions, and military-themed costume for protagonist Kat.

As we approach the middle of the year, the Top 10 takes a look at the most popular downloads thus far in 2012. And Nicolas Cage rides again in Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, our star new video release.

Watch right here on the PlayStation.Blog or download HD, SD, and PS Vita versions from the PlayStation Store after today’s update.

We hope you enjoy this quick look at what’s happening on PlayStation.

17 Comments

+ NASCAR_Rcn8 on May 22nd, 2012 at 12:11 pm said:

Great lineup coming Kevin. Oh and can the blog team please answer me to why I can never post on the blogs off my main psn plus account slick _ t but I can post off any other psn account I have just fine that is just standard quick accounts? Its not making any sense to why I never can post comments on here off my main account. A bit of reason and info would help THANKS!

+ NASCAR_Rcn8 on May 22nd, 2012 at 12:13 pm said:

Oh and its also weird if I put my main account slick _ t all together like it’s suppose to be the comment will never post on here so I have to space it apart to get it to post. Why is that? lol

+ Asylum3395 on May 22nd, 2012 at 12:15 pm said:

where is ghost recon on the playstation store like it said on the PS plus preview

+ guitarded77 on May 22nd, 2012 at 2:09 pm said:

Christina Lee has great legs.

+ angibri2000 on May 22nd, 2012 at 2:27 pm said:

Will we get to have this Pre-Order DLC for Gravity Rush on the PSN store? I really hope you guys consider that as some of us are really liking the idea of downloading games instead of getting physical copies for both PS3 and Vita.

+ saab01 on May 22nd, 2012 at 3:19 pm said:

I wish gravity rush would come to PS3 it looks so interesting.

+ lisatsunami on May 22nd, 2012 at 3:57 pm said:

@ 1 & 2, it sounds like they’ve banned your main acct. or, their filters are considering your spelling as an inappropriate word. I’m not saying that’s justified, just saying what it sounds like.

+ D-Squad3 on May 22nd, 2012 at 4:24 pm said:

Just take my money for Gravity Rush already!

+ subject98 on May 22nd, 2012 at 5:08 pm said:

Vita has some good titles coming up, I’m psyched for Gravity Rush. Too bad there’s preorder DLC though, I buy vita games on psn just in case they trash the format again.

+ Mies2000 on May 22nd, 2012 at 5:49 pm said:

The picture quality of Pulse for the Vita has decrease greatly. Keven, could you please provide two video files: SD & HD?

This may be an option.

+ JEC94 on May 22nd, 2012 at 6:16 pm said:

I want to do her so badly….

+ C_Y_P_H_E_R on May 22nd, 2012 at 8:47 pm said:

She doesn’t seem like a gamer to me. I like her more than that annoying intro guy in Qore though. I know everyone fast forwarded through his silly speeches too.

+ Jadehope on May 23rd, 2012 at 2:46 am said:

No mention of Doctor Who’s release on the PSN and no eta on the Vita version? I can’t even find a review or impressions online. Very underwhelming release. I hope the game lives up to how awesome the show is.

+ Elvick_ on May 23rd, 2012 at 6:15 am said:

@5: Most likely, it was originally one of three packs of DLC for Japan. I think this was the second one that released there.

And pretty much all preorder DLC that I can think of (LBP, inFamous 2) ended up being sold separately later on.

@10: Go to YouTube after starting the video, and go into 1080p (or 720p).

+ JimmyHACK on May 23rd, 2012 at 12:26 pm said:

@13 Vita Doctor Who is out June 12th, been announced a while now. Finished PS3 version, if you are a fan of the show then you may want to play it I enjoyed it. Non-fans shouldn’t even bother. Game is loaded with glitches/bugs adn lacks any polish whatsoever. Even after the delays you can tell it was just rushed. Anyways, I enjoyed it enough and look forward to where the story goes in the next game.

+ OmegaSpear on May 23rd, 2012 at 4:12 pm said:

I can’t wait for Gravity Rush!

…and Persona 4 the golden

+ fsfsxii on May 24th, 2012 at 6:10 am said:

gravity rush looks awesome, and unique, i wish i had a vita :(