PS4-Watch_Dogs

PulzAR: PS Vita’s next AR Play Blasts Off Next Month

Shaun Wharton's Avatar + Posted by Shaun Wharton on May 22, 2012 // Associate Producer

PulzAR for PS Vita

We are excited to announce a captivating new addition to the Augmented Reality (AR) Play line-up next month with the release of PulzAR. PulzAR is a mind boggling, potentially Earth-shattering puzzle game that turns nearly any flat surface into an epic battle against time and a looming celestial event with the use of your AR Play cards.

PulzAR for PS Vita

You see, in PulzAR, the Earth is in grave danger. Somewhere just beyond our planet’s outer atmosphere, a series of colossal asteroids are spinning ever closer on a deadly collision course to wipe out humankind. So far, all attempts to divert their trajectory have failed. Now, in mankind’s desperate last stand against certain catastrophe, it’s up to you to command a network of explosive rockets and try to blast the asteroids into a harmless meteor shower before they reach Earth.

Pulsar04

Using precision laser technology, you have only a limited time to program the guidance system using a series of reflectors, splitters, and filters that activate the nodes that will launch the rockets towards their targets. Once launched, you are able to follow the rocket, looking up with your PS Vita as it reaches beyond the atmosphere and into the vastness of space with only one purpose… to destroy some serious space rock! The fate of planet Earth rests with you. Good luck!

Pulsar08Pulsar01

+ Neil on May 22nd, 2012 at 9:31 am said:

luvs it

+ aro52 on May 22nd, 2012 at 9:41 am said:

So does it come with headgear to strap the Vita to my face, so my hands are free to “program the guidance system in a limited time” . . . . .

+ luvtoseek on May 22nd, 2012 at 9:53 am said:

Hi Shaun, can you spot us a video?

Shaun Wharton's Avatar

+ Shaun Wharton on May 23rd, 2012 at 3:03 pm said:

We should have something up in the near future, so please check back every so often. Thanks!

+ cosmis_chaos on May 22nd, 2012 at 9:54 am said:

I like how Sony is trying in innovate with the AR cards. I see good things in the future if they keep it up. It’s annoying how people want Sony to try and use the things that they put into place but then gripe when they actually give it a go.

+ DaMann22 on May 22nd, 2012 at 9:55 am said:

@2 what you need to do is have a wife/GF, sibling, etc. to move it for you when you call out the actions. I usually have my wife or daugthers help me cuz they like to watch. Still a head strap like the one those with harmonicas use would be awesome

+ cosmis_chaos on May 22nd, 2012 at 9:55 am said:

@ aro52. Hold VITA with left hand use your right hand to move cards?

+ GGCAN on May 22nd, 2012 at 10:26 am said:

Thanks Shaun.

Any pricing as yet ?

Looks fun.

Shaun Wharton's Avatar

+ Shaun Wharton on May 23rd, 2012 at 4:18 pm said:

We’ve had a lot of fun with this one here at the studios! Expect the pricing to be on par with Table Top Tanks ($1.99).

+ aro52 on May 22nd, 2012 at 10:44 am said:

@5
Forget the co-op experience, I’m gonna MacGyver myself a harmonica rig!

@6
Of course that’s how most will play it, but they show a lot of cards there that need to be aligned in a finite amount of time. If this game has any sort of difficulty to it, it’s gonna get frustrating not having the 2nd hand free.

+ RenderMonk on May 22nd, 2012 at 10:53 am said:

Looks cool. I’ll pick it up when it comes out. I have high hopes for AR games. Keep up the great work, bringing us quality AR experiences.

+ Amersonjr2YAHOO on May 22nd, 2012 at 11:29 am said:

the vita apps is geting bigger

+ Amersonjr2YAHOO on May 22nd, 2012 at 11:32 am said:

ok when will we get folder we only can get 100 apps on ps vita how are we gone get more space weneed folder if can get folder we can have many apps as we want with 32 or 16 GB

+ tusunami on May 22nd, 2012 at 12:01 pm said:

This is awesome more AR games for the Ps Vita!!!!!!!!!!!

+ razor_sharp84 on May 22nd, 2012 at 12:34 pm said:

This looks a lot like the hacking minigame in Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

+ Elvick_ on May 22nd, 2012 at 12:48 pm said:

Yay, more AR games… maybe I’ll see if I can find a real 02 card on ebay or something to replace my duplicate 01.

If they keep making AR games, then I’ll have to. Makeshift cards don’t work for my OCD.

+ PBrudz on May 22nd, 2012 at 1:49 pm said:

Any chance this will be playable on a PSP with the camera attachment?

+ BlueBl1zzard on May 22nd, 2012 at 2:06 pm said:

Looks cool, it reminds me of the Reflection game for android :) I’m glad they are making more AR games. I hope we see some AR usage with actual retail and PSN games (like the wipeout ship viewer app thing they showed off a while ago)

+ GreatDenster on May 22nd, 2012 at 4:41 pm said:

Finally, I’ve been waiting for this game till I saw that clip. Will this game, along with all AR games, be free? or will we have to pay?
Keep up the good work you guys!

+ tonictoucher on May 22nd, 2012 at 6:33 pm said:

OMGoodness, does anyone speak straight english here? Got a headache reading these comments. This game looks fun, but I hope its free. I really dont wanna spend too much money(if any at all) on a game that could and probably would get repetitive. Being repetitve doesnt make it boring, but it sure can make you feel like you wasted your money. Any word on wether or not there will be more AR cards in play in the future? I think that would be a great way to keep AR in interest. Kinda sucks to have to carry the cards around with you though. Espaecially when they warn you to not let them get bent before the game starts everytime.

+ icurafuse on May 22nd, 2012 at 7:34 pm said:

After discovering how awesome the Tank game is, I’m really looking forwards to this. :) Keep the cheap AR games coming please!

+ Incagneto on May 22nd, 2012 at 9:29 pm said:

I’m still waiting for the AR game showed way back called Pocket Garden (working title).

+ iTofuMan on May 22nd, 2012 at 9:56 pm said:

i remember seeing these when the Vita was about to come out. Personally i cannot wait for it. especially since it will be one of the first games i own that uses the ar cards.

Shaun Wharton's Avatar

+ Shaun Wharton on May 23rd, 2012 at 4:23 pm said:

If you haven’t already, give Table Soccer, Cliff Diving, and Fireworks a try. All three are free on the PSN and use the AR Play Cards. Of course, give Table Top Tanks a spin too!

+ Dessron on May 23rd, 2012 at 12:27 am said:

It looks awesome. Can we expect the same kind of pricing as with Table Top Tanks? It would be great to have more low-priced games on Vita (it would show iOS lovers that Vita too can have awesome, low-priced games)

Shaun Wharton's Avatar

+ Shaun Wharton on May 23rd, 2012 at 4:21 pm said:

Yes, expect the same price point!

+ AizawaYuuichi on May 23rd, 2012 at 1:17 am said:

That’s what I forgot to purchase this morning. I need to go grab Table Top Tanks from the PS Store! It looks like it’ll be really fun.

Now as for this title… I have to hand it to the devs. The graphics in the images look really darn pretty. If this, and future AR games, can be priced at $2-$3, it’ll definitely be a #gamechanger for the Vita, as far as it being competition for iDevices. I’ve been more than happy with the retail/PSN offerings so far, but these cheap, fun little AR games bring a whole different experience to the table (lol). Can’t wait! :D

+ Elvick_ on May 23rd, 2012 at 6:22 am said:

I’m all for more cheap games on PSN. Especially for PS Vita. So if this is cheap like Table Top Tanks, I’ll definitely find a replacement for my 02 card.

I hope that Sony is working on getting a bunch of iOS developers on board for the system. Angry Birds Mini seems to do well, based on the new Pulse. I’d imagine that an actual touch supported Angry Birds for PS Vita would do way better.

+ Sparkz92 on May 23rd, 2012 at 7:00 am said:

Sounds awesome. Any word on the price?

+ shortyvs on May 23rd, 2012 at 8:46 am said:

This actually looks pretty cool. If it’s only $2 like battle tanks I’m in.

+ XINTSUAI-BR on May 23rd, 2012 at 6:19 pm said:

Table Top Tank os Awesome, I recommend to everyone that try to Play in multiplayer.
The price point is perfect, I have a IPhone and a IPad, but If I have a option (low price)
I always prefer to purchase games on VITA, that has decent controlls, mg friend list and
trophies.

I hope that others devs wake up to this, and Release more casual games at this price.