No Man's Sky

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault Coming to PSN This Fall

Ted Price's Avatar + Posted by Ted Price on May 30, 2012 // CEO, Insomniac Games

The good people of Insomniac Games are preparing to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Ratchet & Clank, which is coming up later this year. An HD remaster of our classic PS2 Ratchet & Clank games is something our fans have requested for a long time, and we’re looking forward to granting their wishes this summer with the Ratchet & Clank Collection.

But we’ve also heard a lot of community requests to develop a new Ratchet & Clank game, one that returns to the classic third-person Ratchet & Clank camera. We listened to your requests, and this holiday season Insomniac will release our new Ratchet & Clank game as part of our 10th Anniversary Celebration.

I’d like to officially announce that Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault will be coming soon to a PS3 near you.

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault for PS3

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault is a fun-sized Ratchet adventure which will be available for download exclusively on the PlayStation Store. We’ve returned to the series’ classic feel, camera, controls and weapons, while innovating and giving you a whole new way to play. Even better, the addition of online features means you can experience Full Frontal Assault with your friends, so stay tuned! We’re really excited about this game, and we hope even these small tidbits about it get you excited too.

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault for PS3

We’ve been hard at work on Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault and now we’re giving you a sneak peek at this first piece of art to give you a taste of what we have in store for you when the game launches later this year. In the meantime, we hope you pick up the Ratchet & Clank Collection when it comes out this summer. We’ll have some more news on the Collection’s release date and a special surprise for North American fans coming in the next couple of weeks.

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ MakoSOLIDER on May 30th, 2012 at 9:04 am said:

Can’t wait for the special surprise. Luv ur games!

+ James Stevenson on May 30th, 2012 at 9:23 am said:

Well, this is the BIG special surprise. THough there is still a make good for the wait for the HD Collection. Details on that soon

+ MakoSOLIDER on May 30th, 2012 at 9:07 am said:

How much would this retail for as a PSN game? Is it more byte sized or more comparable to a full retail game like A Crack in Time?

+ James Stevenson on May 30th, 2012 at 9:24 am said:

It’s closer to Q4B than ACIT, but it will be more replayable than either of those games!

+ G-Force08 on May 30th, 2012 at 9:08 am said:

So it has finally been announced! Can’t wait! I love R&C.

+ Wario64 on May 30th, 2012 at 9:09 am said:

Please make it 60 FPS.

+ technole on May 30th, 2012 at 9:10 am said:

Good stuff Ted, I didn’t think you guys would be out of the R&C series for that long. This is a day-one buy no doubt about it!

+ chaoszero14 on May 30th, 2012 at 9:11 am said:

First day purchase! I love R&C. There’s soooo many games coming out this year. I’m going to be in the poor house by the end of the year!

+ djnealb on May 30th, 2012 at 9:11 am said:

So this is going to be like Quest for Booty, then? Love it! Here’s to hoping the story leads into a new full-sized R&C.

+ pepsiguy789 on May 30th, 2012 at 9:11 am said:

Yay! More Ratchet and Clank! =D Now we just need to get Naughty Dog in gear too and release some new Jak & Daxter, and i will be the happiest person ever…

+ KeefRiffards on May 30th, 2012 at 9:12 am said:

Nice! Looking forward to this, hope we can get an actual full-sized retail Ratchet and Clank at some point as well. This will do for now though. Keep up the great work!

+ David2Crazy on May 30th, 2012 at 9:12 am said:

I’ve played through every R&C game, including multiple times on a few of them, and have the Platinum trophy in A Crack in Time. Naturally, I’ll be buying the HD collection and this new one. Looking forward to it!

+ Gman2989 on May 30th, 2012 at 9:13 am said:

Awesome news. I can’t wait to get the HD collection, and this is just the icing on the cake. Is there any info on a Deadlocked HD remaster or even a PS2 classics release?

+ James Stevenson on May 30th, 2012 at 9:26 am said:

*whistles and walks away*

+ Ejsponge61 on May 30th, 2012 at 9:14 am said:

Crack in Time was one of my favorite games of all time, so I CAN’T WAIT to get my hands on this. And by “Online features” I hope that means either Co-op or something I can’t even yet imagine. Also, no more time puzzles please. They’re fun and all, but they’re the only thing stopping me from getting all the gold bolts in Crack in Time.
Have a great E3 and BEYOND! :D

+ James Stevenson on May 30th, 2012 at 9:26 am said:

Don’t worry, no time puzzles. It’s a whole new twist this time (and not a mind-bending one ;-))

+ Ninja8827 on May 30th, 2012 at 9:14 am said:

I cannot wait for this, nice work IG fans have wanted this for awhile a new multiplayer and fun sized story im excited

+ C-0719 on May 30th, 2012 at 9:17 am said:

Day one buy for me :D Can’t wait for this and the collection…. though im still sad you guys arent going to make anymore resitance games :( the 3rd one is by far the best single player campaign i have ever played for a FPS

+ iZalman007 on May 30th, 2012 at 9:19 am said:

Hi Insomniac, thank you for this game! However, I have a request.

Can you make a physical copy of this game like you did with Quest for Booty? Without a physical copy of this new game, my collection on my shelf would be incomplete. I prefer having the game in my hands, so I would really enjoy if you released it as a retail game too!

Thanks for your time.

+ James Stevenson on May 30th, 2012 at 9:32 am said:

There will be a physical edition in Europe you can import!

+ ccrogers15 on May 30th, 2012 at 9:20 am said:

YEA!!! Glad im getting a new PS3 this year. My PS3 YLOD on me, so i have to wait. :(

Also, PLEASE make an HD Collection of the ORIGINAL spyro trilogy if Activision was to give the OK.

+ ccrogers15 on May 30th, 2012 at 9:21 am said:

Also PLEASE make a DISK RELEASE PLEASE! So we can collect it!

+ James Stevenson on May 30th, 2012 at 9:31 am said:

It will be a region-free disc in Europe, like Q4B… Amazon.UK usually does a bang up job of shipping to the USA. I order blu-rays from there a lot

+ krae_man on May 30th, 2012 at 9:22 am said:

Can you give us any ideas on Length compared to Quest for Booty?

Full Frontal Assault Hug? *Philip J Fry I see what you did there.jpg*

+ James Stevenson on May 30th, 2012 at 9:37 am said:

Hard to say at this point, but it’ll be around the same or maybe longer. Will depend on player. That said, it will be far more replayable than Q4B though!

+ ccrogers15 on May 30th, 2012 at 9:24 am said:

ALSO come on guys! PEOPLE COMMENTING stop asking about deadlocked HD, it was ALREADY confirmed it will be in HD digital only. LOOK IT UP!

+ FearMonkey on May 30th, 2012 at 9:25 am said:

I am all over this. :D

NEED

MOAR

RATCHET!

:D

+ BrownChiKaNo on May 30th, 2012 at 9:26 am said:

Awesome!! Can’t wait to pick up the HD collection, love this series!

+ Draco416 on May 30th, 2012 at 9:26 am said:

Yet another suggestive title. :)

+ remanutd5 on May 30th, 2012 at 9:27 am said:

where is Ratchet and Clank psvita? oh my god you guys need to bring Ratchet to the little system , btw i know you guys didnt developed Resistance Burning Skies but you started it all so i must say Burning Skies is really awesome!!! i dont know what those so called reviewers were smoking because burning skies is really awesome.
please bring Ratchet and Clank to the Vita!!!!!!

+ RoyalXIII on May 30th, 2012 at 9:27 am said:

So much Ratchet & Clank this year, I love it! This will be the Year of the Lombax! :D

+ Ratchet426 on May 30th, 2012 at 9:28 am said:

Er..you do know that E3 is _next_ week, right? ;-) ;-)

Anyway, this is great news and I’m really looking forward to the new game!

+ Victoryismine52 on May 30th, 2012 at 9:29 am said:

OMG OMG OMG Thank you!!! I have a 4 year old son That Loves ratchet and clank and he got me into the series I’m so excited for the HD collection but to hear that Insomniac is actually working on another title makes my day. Loved All 4 One and Crack in Time is one of my favorite games now. I got the platinum a few years ago but recently started playing it again with my son just for fun.

+ James Stevenson on May 30th, 2012 at 9:43 am said:

So glad you like the games, and how fun to get to introduce him to the PS2 games with the HD Collection! Stay tuned for some new news on that soon.

+ MR_SUPREME69 on May 30th, 2012 at 9:30 am said:

Can’t wait! More Ratchet is always good!

+ yearofthe on May 30th, 2012 at 9:30 am said:

Oh lord I love this! :D

Who knew that the Year of the Dragon would be the best year for Insomniac?

+ alok893 on May 30th, 2012 at 9:30 am said:

Just answer me one question insomniac. WHY DID YOU STOP MAKING RESISTANCE GAMES?
RESISTANCE 3 was the best Resistance to date.

+ remanutd5 on May 30th, 2012 at 9:30 am said:

oh and i met Ted at E3 2010 he was waiting on line behind me to play Killzone3 and we were talking about what i wanted to see in R3, he is a very humble guy i must say.

+ nickyd-lish on May 30th, 2012 at 9:30 am said:

Not coming to Vita on day one?

+ Korbei83 on May 30th, 2012 at 9:32 am said:

Will probably get

+ Godchild1020 on May 30th, 2012 at 9:32 am said:

I can’t wait for the HD collection. But I have to ask, will we see a Vita version of R&C? Even if it is download only, I’ll be buying it day one.

+ James Stevenson on May 30th, 2012 at 9:52 am said:

That’s all up to Sony. We’re focused on console development

+ iZalman007 on May 30th, 2012 at 9:34 am said:

Thanks for the quick reply, James! I’m actually from Europe, so the fact that you’re releasing a physical edition is perfect. :)

+ zzamaro on May 30th, 2012 at 9:37 am said:

Nice.

I can’t for the HD collection either. I wish you could give both ToD and Q4B a trophy patch. I already have those, and some trophies would be welcome.

+ Vyprstryke on May 30th, 2012 at 9:38 am said:

Looks like I’ll be importing my copy from the UK. Will this have trophy support WITH a shiny new Platinum? Also, still hoping that digital downloads of the soundtracks for all R&C games end up being this surprise HD Collection pre-order bonus! I love me some soundtracks :)

+ James Stevenson on May 30th, 2012 at 9:52 am said:

Not sure what the size requirement to have a platinum is, we’ll do our best to have has many trophies as possible!

+ Patronaso on May 30th, 2012 at 9:38 am said:

BIG Surprise? I’m guessing your in negotiations to be acquired by Sony!?

+ James Stevenson on May 30th, 2012 at 9:52 am said:

This was the BIG surprise. We still have a make good for our North America fans for having to wait until later in the summer for the HD Collection

+ raycey on May 30th, 2012 at 9:39 am said:

Waaaaiiiit a minute! Fun… sized… you say? Sounds like those so-called “fun sized” chocolate bars. What, I ask, is so FUN about something that is less than a whole???

Whatevs, I’mma still get it day it comes out and play it to DEATH like every other R&C game. Nothing mind-bending though? Pity, I really liked those super hard time puzzles. I really DON’T like games that are too easy, like A4O. Don’t assume all R&C players are noobs and amateurs. Some of us are actually intelligent and like having our mental abilities put to the test. Properly.

+ James Stevenson on May 30th, 2012 at 9:53 am said:

The fun-sized bars still taste as good as the regular one!

And while this may not have the gigantic campaign, it will probably be the most replayable PS3 Ratchet & Clank game!

+ Girlgeek on May 30th, 2012 at 9:42 am said:

Once again, a big surprise for North American fans!!!
*NEWSFLASH*
there are some serious die-hard fans out here who are not based in the US/Canada. I’ve been a huge fan of R&C since buying the first one 10 years ago. It was ONLY because I wanted to play the new R&C games that I bought my PS3.

How about something for those of us in Europe/Asia/Australia/India etc… Or are we not important enough or don’t we count ??

+ James Stevenson on May 30th, 2012 at 9:54 am said:

This is coming out in Europe as Ratchet & Clank: Q-Force, and you guys are getting it on blu-ray too!

+ abzdine on May 30th, 2012 at 9:42 am said:

what’s left for E3 ?

+ XKILLER44 on May 30th, 2012 at 9:42 am said:

Sweet, can’t wait to see Overstrike next week.

+ TechBlast on May 30th, 2012 at 9:43 am said:

I hoped for a long lengthed game which complete the series, and if not atleast i hope it won’t be like QFB…
QFB was a pretty short,boring and useless game,im really sorry to say that but that is the truth.

This way or another ill buy the game, and i have already pre-ordered the Collection,
but i hope the big surprise of North America won’t be too big, becaues i pre-ordered it from Europe.
Will that BIG surprise be downloadable from the PSN?

+ FearMonkey on May 30th, 2012 at 9:43 am said:

James, regardless of what Ejsponge61 says, some of us do like mind-bending puzzles. Please cater to us too. :(

+ James Stevenson on May 30th, 2012 at 9:54 am said:

If it fits the game we are making, we will :-)

+ guitarded77 on May 30th, 2012 at 9:45 am said:

Would have preferred a trophy patch for Tools and Quest, and Fall of Man, but whatever. I don’t need your “opening old code is difficult” speech Price. Just keep pushing more titles. In$omniac is all about gamers \s

+ James Stevenson on May 30th, 2012 at 9:55 am said:

We’d rather make new games than go back to really old ones.

+ WCamicase on May 30th, 2012 at 9:45 am said:

In the Japanese trailer of the Collection there is a tease for “Ratchet and Clank 4″ and that’s the name from Deadlocked/Gladiator in Japan, it said something like a store exclusive? Can someone enlighten me up?

+ Jamesyp00 on May 30th, 2012 at 9:46 am said:

All 4 one was such a massive let down i’m glad your ditching it for a classic feel now :)
All that magic that a crack in time oozed made it feel like i was playing a game that had the feel of a pixar movie! Please bring that feel back again!

+ Vyprstryke on May 30th, 2012 at 9:49 am said:

A41 was different, I didn’t enjoy it nearly as much as ACiT (by far my favorite), but it was still rather enjoyable.

+ andremal on May 30th, 2012 at 9:52 am said:

FANtastic. Anything Ratchet & Clank is great news. I’m really excited for this along with the HD Collection. I never got to play those games. This fall is quickly becoming the Season of R&C!

+ Link01 on May 30th, 2012 at 9:55 am said:

OH COMMON. This screams amazing developers + Vita + Cross Save = Godly.

+ camiwaits_us on May 30th, 2012 at 9:57 am said:

Yes!Yes!Yes! Ratchet & Clank are back!

PAGE 1 2 3 5