PS4 - Destiny

Today: 50% Off Atlus Games in the “HOJAEFJAAM” PSN Sale

Aram Jabbari's Avatar + Posted by Aram Jabbari on Jul 03, 2012 // Manager of PR and Sales, ATLUS

Friends of the Blog of PlayStation,

‘Tis a week — nay, why not call it an entire month — of celebration! Those of you who hath recently vanquished thy terrible foe known as “school” are now celebrating as much sloth and inactivity as your parental figures are willing to permit. Those of you who work for a living are looking forward to pleasant possibilities of the vacational variety, hoping some pool/beachside lounging is in your immediate future. The United States and Canada both celebrate their Independence Days.

Really, it’s a cool month (non-literally, as many are feeling right now, sadly), and as we mentioned earlier, there’s no shortage of cause for celebration. Which is why Atlus is so excited to announce the “Half Off Just About Everything For Just About A Month” (HOJAEFJAAM) PlayStation Network Sale, a 50-percent–off sale for just about every Atlus game in the PlayStation Store library!

atluspsn_julyhalfoff2012_psblogheader

Through July 31st, the “HOJAEFJAAM” (pronounced like it’s spelled) PSN promotion is cutting prices in half on pretty much every title Atlus has to offer via PlayStation Network, a collection that includes

Catherine
Only $19.99 (originally $39.99)

Catherine

The sleeper hit of 2011, Catherine challenges gamers’ minds and reflexes with its brazen mix of drama, horror, fast-paced action puzzles, and its daring exploration of the psychology of commitment and love. A terrific example of Atlus’ internal development studio firing on all cylinders, the game’s perfectly executed visual design and aural presentation, combined with the spectacular animated sequences of Studio 4°C, allow for true lasting impact on the player.

Trine 2
Only $7.49 (originally $14.99)

trine2_screens_website_03

Trine 2 is one of the most beautiful, vibrant, lush, entrancing games ever made. It’s also a fantastic three-player (local and online) cooperative physics-based action platformer. Playing as one of three highly specialized characters, the Knight, the Wizard, or the Rogue — or all three, provided you’ve got two friends to play with — you will trek through a series of jaw-dropping set pieces filled with hazards to traverse and monsters to best, each area oozing with as much color as the talented developers at Frozenbyte could squeeze out of the light spectrum.

…Not to mention these other acclaimed hits, cult classics, and whatnot:

Class of Heroes

$14.99 (originally $29.99)
$9.99 (originally $19.99)
$4.99 (originally $9.99)
$4.99 (originally $9.99)
$4.99 (originally $9.99)
$14.99 (originally $29.99)

Visit the PlayStation Store on your PS3, PS Vita, or your PSP (as applicable) and take advantage of these killer savings. In fact, why not take all three out and try to use them at the same time? Just for laughs, and also to prove to the universe that you’re the ultimate PlayStation fan.

Surely you all have a PS Vita at this point? What? WHAT?! Don’t you know Persona 4 Golden is coming soon?! You know, the first Vita game to sell over 100,000 copies in Japan? WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!?

The “HOJAEFJAAM” PSN Sale ends on July 31st.

HO-JAIF-JAYUM!!!!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Emerald_Swords on July 3rd, 2012 at 12:45 pm said:

Definitely going to grab Catherine at that price!!

+ Aram Jabbari on July 3rd, 2012 at 12:48 pm said:

That sounds inappropriate.

+ Raziel_IV on July 3rd, 2012 at 12:51 pm said:

Hope this sale goes great for Atlus so they can bring the rest of the Shin Megami Tensei PS2 classics over to PSN!!!!!!!!!!

+ Jesszman on July 3rd, 2012 at 12:51 pm said:

Thank you so much Atlus! Time to pick up my first Persona game: Persona 3 for the Vita!

+ Aram Jabbari on July 3rd, 2012 at 12:56 pm said:

Jesszman,

I think you’ll really enjoy it. Moreover, it’s the perfect lead up to Persona 4 Golden for Vita this fall!

+ Budapesti on July 3rd, 2012 at 12:52 pm said:

Catherine and Persona 3 Portable for me, then!

We love you Atlus!!!

+ Aram Jabbari on July 3rd, 2012 at 12:55 pm said:

We gladly accept both your love and your money.

+ xKOROSHIYAx on July 3rd, 2012 at 12:54 pm said:

Wow! It’s like you guys were reading my mind! I’ve been wanting Kenka Bancho and the Persona games on my Vita for a while and nearly bought them two days ago. Then I thought I would just wait for the next sale and here it is! :) Thanks Atlus!

+ Aram Jabbari on July 3rd, 2012 at 12:57 pm said:

It’s how we do our best market research. Don’t mind the little thing sticking out of the back of your head, just a wi-fi dongle implant. Wi-Fi-Di, for short. Oh wait, we’ve said too much. INITIATE MEMORY PURGE.

+ Sorrows_Passion on July 3rd, 2012 at 12:54 pm said:

What an amazing sale! and for an entire month too?? I believe i can finally complete my ATLUS collection thanks a lot guys!

p.s. will we ever recieve more atlus themed avatars like from catherine or the persona series pretty please?

+ Aram Jabbari on July 3rd, 2012 at 2:28 pm said:

Sorrows_Passion,

We certainly give plenty of consideration to ATLUS-themed avatars ideas and yes, we hope we’ll hopefully have more in the future!

+ lisatsunami on July 3rd, 2012 at 12:59 pm said:

Hi, Aram. Great news. You reward procrastinators by cutting prices in half. I will add to my Vita backlog now so thank you. Happy 4th to you & the rest of our American PS nation.

+ Eraser35 on July 3rd, 2012 at 1:01 pm said:

despite already having a hard copy of Persona 3 Portable $10 is a damn good deal

+ gravislord on July 3rd, 2012 at 1:02 pm said:

Nice job Atlus! I definitely want to say thanks, genuinely, for listening to the requests from your fans / customers and bringing out this deal. My wallet will take a beating, but hey, that is what it is for right? :)

+ Aram Jabbari on July 3rd, 2012 at 2:31 pm said:

gravislord,

Really, when you think about it, the poor things only take abuse. We sit on them all day, they get the aforementioned trauma from sales… And yet there they are, every time we reach for them in need, ready to give us monies. Provided we have monies. And that someone hasn’t stolen it.

Anyways, I digress. In conclusion, wallets are cool, thanks for opening yours for us, and hopefully we’ll have more promotions and sales you’re interested in in the future!

+ Lotus9 on July 3rd, 2012 at 1:03 pm said:

Wow this is such a great deal! Catherine and Crimson Gem Saga for me, maybe also Knights in the Nightmare. Some great games at great prices on this list.

+ MoonLance on July 3rd, 2012 at 1:03 pm said:

Time to pay tribute to some of the great PSP classics~ Hopefully this will inspire more localizations of other PSP greats!

+ joeyrpger on July 3rd, 2012 at 1:04 pm said:

Persona 2 to complete my Persona collection… Catherine so I don’t have to switch discs so often while playing other PS3 games. Yep, good, everything’s good.

I preordered Persona 4 Golden 2 months ago, it my #1 priority, I even sold my 3DS a couple weeks ago to get a PS Vita. I am ready for it!!!

+ rightontargt4 on July 3rd, 2012 at 1:05 pm said:

I’ll pick up Kenka Bancho since I have just about everything else, but I also want to inquire about the status of the “Vita-zation” of Gungnir – I’m made to understand that it’s in progress, right? Hopefully it’ll be supported soon.

+ perrandy on July 3rd, 2012 at 1:07 pm said:

i recommend to those that for whatever reason, havent played Hexyz Force to do it now!
because the game is just awesome and for that price, i think that there’s no excuse to not buy it now :)

+ Aram Jabbari on July 3rd, 2012 at 2:42 pm said:

We… We think it’s mutual, TheMissingLink.

+ Deadkittyninja on July 3rd, 2012 at 1:13 pm said:

I just picked up a Vita the other day (in preparation for Persona 4 Golden of course!) So it’s a perfect chance for me to pick up Yggdra Union and Knights in the Nightmare, and maybe all the other games I can play on Vita too ;)

+ Kal_Wanderer on July 3rd, 2012 at 1:14 pm said:

My birthday is tomorrow……….BEST PRESENT EVER!!!!! Catherine and Persona 2 ftw…

I already have P3P =p

+ Aram Jabbari on July 4th, 2012 at 12:13 am said:

Ok, it’s now 12:13am (I.e. tomorrow) so… HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

+ Jotamide on July 3rd, 2012 at 1:15 pm said:

No Persona 3: FES (PS2 classics version) included? I’ve never played a Persona game, and sadly I don’t own a PSP/Vita. :(

+ audioheretic on July 3rd, 2012 at 1:22 pm said:

LOL and I *just* picked up Persona 3 on Friday for the full $19.99.

+ Darth_Raww on July 3rd, 2012 at 1:25 pm said:

Is the original Trine on sale too?

+ Aram Jabbari on July 3rd, 2012 at 2:44 pm said:

Darth_Raww,

ATLUS was involved with Trine 1. I believe the original game was published on PSN by Nobilis.

+ Aram Jabbari on July 3rd, 2012 at 2:45 pm said:

CORRECTION: *NOT* involved. I blame Y2K for my typo.

+ hintenmitsurug on July 3rd, 2012 at 1:26 pm said:

Totally worth to let that PSN plus 60 minutes demo on my hard drive! No need to wait to download it again! lol

+ AutomaticOcelot on July 3rd, 2012 at 1:27 pm said:

@ATLUS: Oh you. ;)

+ BRAINIAC4200 on July 3rd, 2012 at 1:32 pm said:

Atlus is such a crunchy company. I would butter their muffin any day.

+ Aram Jabbari on July 3rd, 2012 at 2:47 pm said:

BRANIAC4200,

The only parts of your post we didn’t find objectionable were the periods. Everything else was highly disconcerting.

+ enjionPS on July 3rd, 2012 at 1:34 pm said:

Damn… the department heaven games, persona, and kenka bancho. This might be good chance to stock up for when I get a Vita in the fall.

Speaking of Kenka Bancho… buy it you jerks, it’s a wonderful game that nobody bought.

+ The_Liztress on July 3rd, 2012 at 1:38 pm said:

All these good games… How sorry I feel for my wallet. But at least I’ll be getting some games I’ve been wanting.

+ Onvertic on July 3rd, 2012 at 1:38 pm said:

Persona 2 & Catherine prices seems tempting. Atlus, I hope you can also add 3d Dot Game Heroes to psn in the future. :)

+ TJF588 on July 3rd, 2012 at 1:40 pm said:

With Catherine, P1, and P2IS on disc, Trine 2 and Rock of Ages through Plus, Droplitz on PC, and P3FES to restart* (Sony, y u no compatibility with PS2 memory cards?), I think all I’ll bite on for this round will be Riviera (still haven’t delved into SRPGs proper, but since this is the first in the Dept. Heaven line, then…). Heck I remember seeing print ad/s for the GBA version (in the same OPM/OPSM with the FFX-2 demo disc?).

*I prolly should; despite sinking hours into Tartarus side-questing, I’ve forgotten nuances of the story so far (up to the kid’s upgrade, IIRC).

+ Anti-Steven on July 3rd, 2012 at 1:40 pm said:

I think I’ve waited long enough to get Catherine. Very kind of you to offer the digital version cheaper than retail.

+ ModSquade on July 3rd, 2012 at 1:41 pm said:

Thank you Atlus for your kindness! Although I found a disc copy of Catherine for 24 bucks the other day (Which I thought was a total steal for a new copy at Microplay lol) it seems you have 1-up’ed the market again!

Will be getting Persona 1 and Persona 2! Thank you!

Still got my copy of The Golden preordered. P4TG cannot release fast enough.

+ Slaysme on July 3rd, 2012 at 1:42 pm said:

I’m gad someone listens to fans and wants our digital dollars. Thanks for being awesome. Guess ill pick up some demons.

+ Psicocrusher on July 3rd, 2012 at 1:43 pm said:

Catherine or Katherine? I’m definitely buying this game today! Thank you so so much for this Aram!!

+ TJF588 on July 3rd, 2012 at 1:44 pm said:

*starts cough-laughing when reading backward to great first post+reply*

But yeah, if I had a Vita (or if it was even in the wings), I’d like-um dem digi-Personas. For the time being, though, LET’S WHIRR THAT DRIVE!

+ Draklorx on July 3rd, 2012 at 1:56 pm said:

Any chance of P2 Eternal Punishment PSP being localized?

+ harpermd on July 3rd, 2012 at 1:58 pm said:

Just last night I was about to buy Persona. Glad I hesitated.

+ friedx100 on July 3rd, 2012 at 1:59 pm said:

If you value your sanity, play Catherine in Easy mode, or you might even want to check out “very easy” mode on teh innernets.

+ Deekman on July 3rd, 2012 at 2:01 pm said:

Amazing sale on Atlus games really upset they pulled Hammerin’ Hero from the PSN I’d love to grab that game again and replay it on my Vita!

+ Aram Jabbari on July 3rd, 2012 at 4:19 pm said:

Deekman,

We understand your frustration. Regretably, the fate of that title was tied to the unfortunate fate of its developer, IREM.

+ LarsenNET on July 3rd, 2012 at 2:02 pm said:

I second the question about Persona 2: Eternal Punishment? What is the story, are we getting it?

+ Rathaelos on July 3rd, 2012 at 2:03 pm said:

Are these discounts valid for the Brazilian store?

+ CrashSpyro on July 3rd, 2012 at 2:09 pm said:

The only game on this list that I want and don’t have is Catherine, so you guys need to make/release more games for the next big sale.

+ gtkof on July 3rd, 2012 at 2:10 pm said:

Been waiting ages for this to happen. Can’t say no to Catherine at that price!

Hopefully more PS2 Classics from Atlus are in the pipeline. I’d love to get digital versions of Nocture, DDS1&2. I’d say P4 too, but with P4G coming, that seems the most unlikely.

Also, I can’t be the only PS3 owner that wants to play PSP digital titles on their PS3.

Thanks Atlus/Aram!!

+ Falaut on July 3rd, 2012 at 2:10 pm said:

Nice. I’ll be grabbing Persona 2. Please bring the PSP Eternal Punishment “remake” to EU/US. I’m very much eyeing Catherine but I still have a very bitter taste in my mouth in regards to it NOT including both language tracks. The salt to the wound effect is even heightened by the very good probability of Atlus doing this in the first place due to pressure (from a certain company) to ensure equality on a multi platform title, due to not having the needed capacity on their DVD9 media. Remember who got you to where you are today Atlus, Playstation. So having said that, please consider porting Catherine to Vita with both language packs.

Cheers.

+ blackjaw on July 3rd, 2012 at 2:24 pm said:

Awesome. Just purchased Kenka Bancho, P3P, Crimson Gem, and Catherine. Very happy, great sale!

+ Aram Jabbari on July 3rd, 2012 at 2:47 pm said:

Hugs all around!

+ MunszuHUN on July 3rd, 2012 at 2:25 pm said:

Thank you Atlus!
I’m in love with your games since I bought Rule of Rose and I’m most definetly going to buy at least Catherine tomorrow. :)

+ Sevyne on July 3rd, 2012 at 2:25 pm said:

Oh hell yeah! I have most of them already, but now is the perfect time to finish off that collection so I’ll finally be grabbing P1/2 and Knights in the Nightmare! Love you guys!

+ agc8602 on July 3rd, 2012 at 2:28 pm said:

Wow, this sucks. I just bought Persona 1 – 3 and Yggdra Union the other day :(

+ JayBizzle311 on July 3rd, 2012 at 2:30 pm said:

just traded in 2 of those xbox game thingys to get a $20.00 PSN card…. time to go shopping.

+ TwinDad on July 3rd, 2012 at 2:35 pm said:

It’s like there is a party in the PSN Store and I’m invited.

+ whoers on July 3rd, 2012 at 2:43 pm said:

it’s like there is a party in the PSN Store and PSVITA is NOT invited*

+ Andrefpvs on July 3rd, 2012 at 2:52 pm said:

Persona 1, Persona 2: IS, Persona 3 Portable on Vita memory card: check!

I have open two bubble spaces open for Persona 2: ES (if you decide to localize it), and Persona 4 Golden.

…I just realized PS Vita is THE Persona-Playing-Machine! Now to find out how to marry this inanimate object.

+ tearsofash on July 3rd, 2012 at 2:53 pm said:

Thank you! My vita loves you now :D

+ Aram Jabbari on July 3rd, 2012 at 3:12 pm said:

tearsofash,

And we love your Vita. Have you SEEN that screen?!

PAGE 1 2 3