PS4-Watch_Dogs

Get The Walking Dead Episodes 1 and 2 Free With PlayStation Plus

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Jul 30, 2012 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

On August 7th, PlayStation Plus members will get Telltale Games’ The Walking Dead Episodes 1& 2 added to their Instant Game Collection. That’s not all – in the next few weeks PlayStation Plus members will also receive significant discounts on the latest and best PSN games a part of PSN PLAY event, beginning tomorrow, July 31st.

July 31st PlayStation Plus Update

The Expendables 2 Video game

20% off for PlayStation Plus Members (PSN Price: $14.99, PS+ Price: $11.99)
The 2012 PSN PLAY event kicks off with a first week discount on one of the most intense co-op shooters on PSN. Grab a friend (or three) and join four of the Expendables (Barney, Gunner, Caesar and Yin Yang) in a mission to rescue akidnapped billionaire. Featuring vehicular combat, four-player co-op story and challenge modes, and a wealth stages set in exotic locales, The Expendables 2 Videogame is a fantastic experience for gamers that dig hardcore shoot em up action.

Also, don’t forget that starting this week PlayStation Plus members can pre-order SoundShapes from the PlayStation Store and get 20% off boththe PS3 and PS Vita versions of the game (of which come bundled together for one price) as well as an exclusive PS3 theme. Note: Pre-orders for SoundShapes will only take place on the PS3 store as the gift with purchase theme is only useable for PS3 systems. Vita only owners don’t worry as you can still snag the 20% Plus discount on the store the 1st week the releases.

August 7th PlayStation Plus Update

PS Plus update 7-30-2012

The Walking Dead Episode 1: A New Day

Free for PlayStation Plus Members (PSN Price: $4.99)
The first episode from Telltale Games’ universally-acclaimed series The Walking Dead by will be available to all PlayStation Plus members as part of the Instant Game Collection! Follow a set of unique characters as they fight for survival amongst the ever-growing “walker” population, and encounter threats from both undead and human enemies.

PS Plus update 7-30-2012

The Walking Dead Episode 2: Starved for Help

Free for PlayStation Plus Members (PSN Price: $4.99)
We’re also delivering PlayStation Plus members the second episode in The Walking Dead series as part of the Instant Game Collection! Following the decisions you made in A New Day, you’ll be confronted with even more gut-wrenching scenarios and thrilling action sequences with your fellow survivors. Like Episode 1, Starved for Help was adored by critics for its riveting gameplay and dramatic storyline, where players need to make harrowing decisions on the fly.

SoundShapes

20% off for PlayStation Plus Members (PSN Price: $14.99, PS+ Price: $11.99)
This week marks the release of the highly-anticipated PSN exclusive SoundShapes. Marrying brilliant side-scrolling 2D gameplay with unique musical compositions, you’ll be hooked by the incredible landscapes you’ll see and hear in SoundShapes. Available for both PS3 and PS Vita systems together for one special price, PlayStation Plus members will be getting the absolute best deal with a 20% discount. If you already had your pre-order locked in, you’re all set! Make sure to check out the trailer above, which introduces musicians Beck and Pyramid Attack into the lineup of amazing levels in SoundShapes.

With the August 7th update, you’ll also be able to pre-order the next PSN PLAY game Papo & Yo, which will also have a 20% discount for all PlayStation Plus members. Everyone that pre-orders the game will get an exclusive Papo & Yo theme, so don’t sleep on it!

We’ll be coming at you with another update on August 13th, with more additions to the Instant Game Collection and additional awesome sauce. Until then, watch the PS.Blog for our weekly PlayStation Store Updates to see what additional content is added for PlayStation Plus members. Please leave us your feedback in the comments, and help us by rating the Instant Game Collection lineup on a scale from 1 – 10. If there was one thing you could change about PlayStation Plus, what would it be?

PS Plus update 7-30-2012

PAGE 1 5 6 7 8

+ ct_lgplus on August 1st, 2012 at 5:38 am said:

Oh cool, good Walking Dead … but well you could follow Europe’s example and put the Dead Space 2 and Motorstorm;) thanks.

+ CrazyGuy62 on August 1st, 2012 at 7:49 am said:

YAY for The Walking Dead on PS+!! My and my life love this game!!

+ CrazyGuy62 on August 1st, 2012 at 7:49 am said:

*wife

+ ItaChu on August 1st, 2012 at 8:34 am said:

I hope we get Dead Space 2 and Motorstorm Apocalypse or Darksiders 2 like the EU store just got ….

+ tdlypsdoff on August 1st, 2012 at 9:40 am said:

@304 I totally agree.

Morgan, can you comment on any possibiliy of US PS+ users getting some of the same games as Euro users are getting? Not that The Walking Dead game isn’t great but they have had Dues Ex HR, Oddworld SR, and now Dead Space 2 along with a lot of other great games. It would be great to see these games come to US PS+!!

+ Squiggle55 on August 1st, 2012 at 9:49 am said:

@Morgan I would also love to read a general comment by you regarding the differences between SCEE and SCEA – the sales they have been rubbing in our face as well as the PS+ games. Would you consider the possibilities for Instant Game Collection overlap in the future high? Why is there such a vast difference right now? Are publishers for some reason more likely to offer their game free to only one region? I would trade the first 3 months of the instant game collection combined for Dead Space 2. Just curious if in your opinion publishers in general are highly likely to open up the same deal for SCEA or not for some reason.

+ Pinheadglynbo on August 1st, 2012 at 10:03 am said:

I’m not happy at all. I bought both of the Walking Dead episodes already and now they give them up for free so soon! I wouldn’t mind if I got a refund for the money I spent ont he games. So, this month is a complete letdown for me.

+ Aguiar_Dad on August 1st, 2012 at 1:12 pm said:

Europe seems to be doing a lot better than the USA.

So far, in my opinion, this makes 2 month in a row.

No PS3 games since June. (so far)

Everyone has their own opinion concerning which game is better. But if you break it down dollar for dollar, European Plus subscribers are getting more bang for their buck.

+ phyllito1 on August 1st, 2012 at 1:21 pm said:

what about the U.K!?

+ xScorpion77x on August 1st, 2012 at 1:26 pm said:

come on, EU gets Dead Space 2 and we get a random zombie game that no one cares about….

+ joshyblogz on August 1st, 2012 at 3:13 pm said:

Do these count as two of the three free games we’ll be receiving this month? If so or even if they count together as one, I guess I feel a bit disappointed. I have played The Walking Dead: Episode 1, and although it is a great portion or episode of a game in its own right. It is by no means a complete game or even a half of one. Thus the pricing of $5, and the admission that it is episode one of a four episode game makes it I suppose at best a quarter of a game that seems like even with all four episodes would wind up much shorter on gameplay than most.

Still I’ll reserve my judgement until the day the games are made available. If there are free three games as well as the two episodes of Walking Dead, or I suppose if there are plans to give out the new episodes as they come out as well, that would be a swell deal even if the two episodes were to count as one game of the three.

+ Remmy8199 on August 2nd, 2012 at 5:47 am said:

Ugh. More Zombie games? I’ve been considering getting PS+ for a while now, but the choices haven’t been all that great. Maybe I’ll hold off until there’s some better games.

+ FilooGaroo on August 2nd, 2012 at 11:32 am said:

Please READ and TAKE this to MARKETING MORGAN

For me instant collection is 8/10… way better that than before E3.

Goods :

- 3 NEW games per month
- Good different type of game………….

Bad :

- but can even be more diversify
- Very Poor communication regarding how the games rotate.

Here how to decrease the mark of 8/10

- (- 3) : If mini or Ps1 Ps2 replace one of the 3 new game per month
- (- 3) : if a game previously provided in PS+ is added in the instant collection and replace one of the 3 new game per month.

+ Randinator-_001 on August 2nd, 2012 at 3:29 pm said:

The PS3 is the number 1 console in europe and maybe that’s why they always get better free games for plus than us in north america

+ SinisterHealer on August 2nd, 2012 at 4:13 pm said:

WOW! First Deus EX and now Dead Space 2? We US members are most definitely getting shafted here. Yup, I was right – It was nothing more than SONY trying to con us with goodies at E3 cause the whole world was watching. I won’t be renewing my PSN+ membership.

+ Yohmaru_EX on August 2nd, 2012 at 10:02 pm said:

European psplus got dead space 2, motor storm apocalypse and darksiders and WE WILL GET walking dead, i cant belive!!! U_U What is wrong with you sony???????????? If i knew that before, i wouldn’t the US one year subscription!!!!! Is there a way to exchange the US subscription by EUR ps plus???

+ Yohmaru_EX on August 2nd, 2012 at 10:09 pm said:

You are forcing us to do an Eur account to receive decent games!!!! If i have to do that i will never come back to my US account!!!

+ cisco2021 on August 2nd, 2012 at 11:29 pm said:

I dont want to complain but, why did EU plus get more content i.e. Deus Ex and Dead space 2?

+ Peridot_Weapon on August 3rd, 2012 at 1:50 am said:

Since only Gotham City Imposters is listed as “expiring soon,” it’s likely that the partial release of The Walking Dead is considered a single game – and the only one that will be added in this month’s rotation.

If they were changing more than the one game, they’d also need to be REMOVING more than one game.

+ Peridot_Weapon on August 3rd, 2012 at 2:21 am said:

Actually, I sit corrected, since they specifically say that they’ll announce more content in two weeks back on the fifth page. :)

But as far as next Tuesday goes, one game enters (well, two episodes of that game, anyway!) and one game leaves. The remaining two games for this month won’t be switched until August 21st.

+ Linklex7 on August 3rd, 2012 at 8:32 am said:

Another reason to be a member of Playstation Plus. I love The Walking Dead, and have enjoyed playing the demo a lot. Now I’ll have to the chance to play at least two of the episodes.

+ Anti-Enigma on August 3rd, 2012 at 11:36 am said:

I Want CS GO

+ theangrystickman on August 3rd, 2012 at 5:31 pm said:

cool, i am unfamiliar with the games, something new to fill my HD up with

+ theangrystickman on August 3rd, 2012 at 5:31 pm said:

i need more PSN friends to play with, add me please.

+ teddybeatz on August 4th, 2012 at 9:08 pm said:

wow i love you ps3 sony ohhh weee

+ LUIS250986 on August 4th, 2012 at 9:10 pm said:

Hi Morgan, Why we can get deadSpace 2 ?? This game or others as good come this month??

+ nuwaus on August 4th, 2012 at 10:39 pm said:

Why I don’t see any of those games on my PlayStation Plus? I still see the same old games for July but not new games for August. Confused and disappointed :(

+ Samanicaa on August 5th, 2012 at 1:05 am said:

for people who bought wd already.. i understand if your mad and stuff. but there are also people who havent just cuz u did doesnt mean its all about u. remember Theres new content every other tuesday and if have already bought everything that plus offers then why have plus. Plus is doing better then it use to so be happy lol

+ Samanicaa on August 5th, 2012 at 1:07 am said:

328~ it starts augest 7th

+ blazingkiel_94 on August 5th, 2012 at 4:35 am said:

Is there, by any chance, they will be making GTA 4 as a free PS+ game?

+ Michael_Thomas09 on August 5th, 2012 at 9:17 am said:

Morgan Haro, a GREAT deal of us already have those WD chapters… what about more free PSone classics? There are a few I’m itching to get my hands on… and on that note, games like Chrono Trigger released alongside FFVI as one game. Why are they now sold individually and at a premium rate?

+ fathead170 on August 5th, 2012 at 12:19 pm said:

7 I would like new features besides instant game collection like firmware updates

+ zzVengeance on August 5th, 2012 at 12:27 pm said:

I don’t get it, are the other 2 games coming on 7th?

+ AteOff_Hitlure on August 5th, 2012 at 6:21 pm said:

Hey Morgan you are friggin awesome! The crap you deal with on here to please Sony ps fans is great and appreciated. I know I’ve been aggrivated many times with how things have been handled by the company here and there but you take the shelling and with grace my dude. Thanks

+ croze343 on August 5th, 2012 at 9:14 pm said:

Cant believe all these ungrateful people.
Nice update i hope these two titles can make it over to playstation + euro next month or something.

+ Lux-Invidious on August 6th, 2012 at 12:31 pm said:

I was so close to buying this a few weeks ago, instead I decided to spend the extra $30 to get PSN Plus. Win-Win for me :-)

+ bawikc on August 6th, 2012 at 3:22 pm said:

its cool that episodes 1&2 will be free. so far its a great game! just wish i didnt get the season pass lol so far im very content with my playstation plus subscription. i really dont see why people are complaining. every month cant be a winner and everyone cant be please.

+ Boxman_IN_SPACE on August 7th, 2012 at 3:37 am said:

This post is a lie. Walking dead 1 and 2 are not available for free.

Good troll, Sony. Good troll indeed.

+ SinisterHealer on August 7th, 2012 at 4:06 am said:

So…. has it released yet?

+ Karma-Pudding on August 7th, 2012 at 5:24 am said:

Wow…I’ll make sure NOT to buy anymore of the Walking Dead releases.

+ growlingspark on August 7th, 2012 at 6:40 am said:

i just try downloading the walking dead but it wont let me what is the deal it still says 4.99 nothing about free to ps plus members help?????

+ U-KNEW-IT-WAS-ME on August 7th, 2012 at 6:59 am said:

So where Is The Walking Dead at? I’ve been looking for it all morning.

+ growlingspark on August 7th, 2012 at 7:29 am said:

i been looking to cant find it it says it would be free on the 7th and that is today so where is it

+ Hatchet129 on August 7th, 2012 at 9:20 am said:

right after i bought ep 1 & 2 for full price

+ videogamer-814 on August 7th, 2012 at 9:37 am said:

at what time will it be up on the psn store

+ mamaburra on August 7th, 2012 at 10:18 am said:

Morgan, how about some info here? The Walking Dead isn’t available for free yet. What gives? When can we expect this? It’s already august 7th, mid-day.

+ shagwoodtm on August 7th, 2012 at 11:42 am said:

Episode 2 downloads…Episode one will not. Nicely done.

+ spartan117no on August 7th, 2012 at 12:00 pm said:

the august 13th update will be for the US right?

+ VinoyPepaGG on August 7th, 2012 at 1:14 pm said:

Where is the new fucking free games? It’s the first tuesday of the month… And this “games” sucks… The walking death it’s for assholes

PAGE 1 5 6 7 8