PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita Launching September 25th in North America

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar + Posted by Simon Rosenkotter on Aug 02, 2012 // Community Coordinator, Tarsier Studios

PSVita_LBP_JewelCase_Front

It’s time. Time to reveal the LittleBigPlanet PS Vita release date! The game will be available in North America on Tuesday, September 25th. That’s right, in just a few short weeks you’ll experience Sackboy’s next adventure, set on the mysterious traveling planet of Carnivalia.

We’ve put together a featurette video for the game, which you can watch up at the top of this post. The video will tell you a little bit more about LittleBigPlanet Vita’s story.

Thanks to PS Vita’s unique features, you’ll be able to play completely new game experiences and share your levels with the world wherever you are and whenever you feel like it. You can take pictures of anything you see while you’re out and about, and use them to decorate Sackboy or customize your level. It’s never been easier to make your cat or dog the hero of your level!

By the way, it’s not too late to pre-order the game and get some bonus BioShock or Knights of Old costumes.

PAGE 1 2

+ DarthDanMan on August 2nd, 2012 at 10:17 am said:

@30
Still two months left of summer for them to add PSOne support. And no PSP games? Really?

+ bakerarmy on August 2nd, 2012 at 10:23 am said:

Let the DLC (Cash Grab) begin. How many costumes do you have planned already?

+ OutOfMyWay54 on August 2nd, 2012 at 10:32 am said:

is this game gonna be multiplayer? cause i downloaded little big planet 2 off store from playstation plus for free and it wasnt even multiplayer. so i hope little big planet vita version will be multiplayer!

+ detictiveconan on August 2nd, 2012 at 10:32 am said:

The same day as One Piece!
It was the best of times,it was the worst of times…

+ MushThePainter on August 2nd, 2012 at 10:34 am said:

@53 – what?

+ Folkenhellfang on August 2nd, 2012 at 10:37 am said:

Having played the beta, I am left to wonder if the final game will require a constant Internet connection. A no brainer for multiplayer, but its use in single player was a pain. Any word on this?

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar

+ Simon Rosenkotter on August 2nd, 2012 at 10:52 am said:

Of course not. Having to be connected all the time would be extremely annoying. :)

+ OutOfMyWay54 on August 2nd, 2012 at 10:37 am said:

@55. i was hoping that little big planet for the vita will be multiplayer where you can play with your friends that have their own vita. i was also saying that i downloaded little big planet 2 from the ps store with playstation plus and it was not multiplayer. so i just hope this new one will be

+ jawara on August 2nd, 2012 at 10:40 am said:

I think im going to cry! I love you sony!!! This is the year of the Ps Vita!!!!!!

+ DarthDanMan on August 2nd, 2012 at 10:44 am said:

@57
It’s four player online multiplayer though…

+ rush16journey on August 2nd, 2012 at 10:44 am said:

LBP 3 for PS 3 in the works?

+ petethepanda on August 2nd, 2012 at 11:01 am said:

Hell yeah! Been dying to play this again since the beta ended. This is going to be the real showcase for the Vita.

Theoretically I’ll be getting a free copy from that Taco Bell Unlock the Box contest, but seeing how it took them three months to actually send me the system, I’m not getting my hopes up .

+ Beast780 on August 2nd, 2012 at 11:02 am said:

I am definitely getting this day one. Are there any plans to bring LittleBigPlanet Karting to the Vita?

+ Ender_Bean on August 2nd, 2012 at 11:09 am said:

@57 – Dude, LBP2 is 4-player, multiplayer, both offline and online. Offline all you need to do is turn on the second/third/fourth controller and the player will pop out of the checkpoint if you are already in a level, or out of the air, i believe, in your hub. C’mon guy…. c’mon.

+ chowder_07 on August 2nd, 2012 at 11:19 am said:

If theres a chace to improve AC liberation please dont make it short and Sony I love you!Simon will there be a movie creator too?

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar

+ Simon Rosenkotter on August 2nd, 2012 at 11:48 am said:

Yes, just like in LBP2 you will be able to create your own movies in LBPV.

+ Mazaru on August 2nd, 2012 at 11:22 am said:

Is there going to be a bundle? I’m getting the digital version, but a Vita bundled with LBP would make a great present for my nephew.

+ The5rozos on August 2nd, 2012 at 11:27 am said:

YES finally! Question though… Is there any reason why Europe and Japan get the game a week earlier than us?

+ TTTTop on August 2nd, 2012 at 11:40 am said:

Just so everyone knows, the pre-order DLC for this game and LittleBigPlanet Karting is retailer specific. Some retailers won’t offer it.

Do you want to know a store that doesn’t offer it?

How do you like that!

+ EmperorKorea on August 2nd, 2012 at 11:40 am said:

psvita is part of the title? lol?

hopefully this game will help the vita somewhat. probably won’t do anything, though.

+ chowder_07 on August 2nd, 2012 at 11:54 am said:

@66 I won’t mind if Europe is getting the first wave because Europe is where the game being developed but Japan before U.S. I think they deserve a lesson for not sending us Ragnarok and Persona early.

+ The5rozos on August 2nd, 2012 at 11:54 am said:

@67, you’d be surprised at how many people have said once LBPV comes out that’ll be when they buy a Vita.

I think this game itself will do very well, Vita owners have been demanding a release date ever since the game was revealed.

+ The5rozos on August 2nd, 2012 at 11:56 am said:

@68 Yeah it makes sense since it was developed in Europe. And I guess when you think about it, Sony is a Japanese company. I’m just curious as to why US is last. Would make more sense to ship it across Europe, then to US, then Japan. :)

+ ABNVOX on August 2nd, 2012 at 12:04 pm said:

yea little big planet karting def should happen, id love it

+ chowder_07 on August 2nd, 2012 at 12:09 pm said:

@70 I know but I think Japan and U.S. release date’s should be the same.

+ The5rozos on August 2nd, 2012 at 12:12 pm said:

@72 I agree. But hey, we finally have a release date!!

Heard there’s going to be a LBP franchise update at gamescom… LBP Karting for Vita please! Or a totally new game. :P

+ angibri2000 on August 2nd, 2012 at 12:17 pm said:

2 days after my bday! Can’t think of a better present for me. Until then Sound Shapes should keep my level creation fix satisfied. Loved the Beta as well, I truly believe Sackboy belongs on the Vita! Thanks for giving us this awesome game! =)

+ John_3_16-17 on August 2nd, 2012 at 12:43 pm said:

Fantastic!

+ Shadowbhiemes on August 2nd, 2012 at 12:47 pm said:

Fantastic. I hope I get a Vita in time for this.

+ chowder_07 on August 2nd, 2012 at 1:08 pm said:

@73 You want Ragnarok?

+ thetruthho on August 2nd, 2012 at 1:10 pm said:

If the beta proved anything it proved that this will be nothing less than the greatest LBP game ever!

+ S_L_I_C_K–T on August 2nd, 2012 at 1:48 pm said:

They can release all they want for vita here on out cause I’m now done with that overpriced and bad screen machine. I just spent most of my day yesterday exchanging vita after another vita 3 dang times and each one had its own stupid defect. One had lines so bad it was annoying that went up and down the screen and would show up real bad on dark grey screens and even during the vita resistance gameplay and I took it back, then another had hardly no lines but a spot in the middle that looked like a dead pixel and no matter how much I shook it or rubbed it, it never went away it looked like it was behind the main screen and took it back and exchanged it and then the 3rd one would freeze all the time and the auto off wouldn’t listen to the 10 minute thing and just kept shutting off randomly and I couldn’t get it to stop doing it and called sony and they advised me to return it. Oh I did and I got my money back on it for good. No more vita for me.

+ Tre-Dtheruler on August 2nd, 2012 at 1:52 pm said:

AWESOME!!!! This comes out on my Birthday :D thank you….I have to get this Amazing game

+ TapDatApp on August 2nd, 2012 at 2:12 pm said:

I think there is a giant miscommunication being made here. Up until this post, you guys have always referred to the pre-order incentives being packaged together. For example, Amazon still lists that if you pre-order from them, you will receive 6 costumes in total, meaning both the Knights of Old pack AND the Bioshock pack. Are you telling me now that this isn’t true anymore? I will be devastated, please clarify.

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar

+ Simon Rosenkotter on August 3rd, 2012 at 12:25 am said:

The pre-order deals vary from retailer to retailer. If Amazon says that you get all 6 costumes than you probably will.

+ TallCrowe on August 2nd, 2012 at 3:42 pm said:

I will buy it.

+ lisatsunami on August 2nd, 2012 at 3:51 pm said:

Pre-ordered. Even LBP PSP was much better on my Vita so the new game should be extraordinary.

+ whoers on August 2nd, 2012 at 3:55 pm said:

THE WAIT IS OVER…..almost
Now all I want is a Retro City Rampage release date.

+ sleepy92 on August 2nd, 2012 at 5:49 pm said:

September 25th can’t come soon enough. This has been my most anticipated PS Vita game since it was announced. LittleBigPlanet PS Vita is going to be the greatest handheld game of all time.

+ MR_SUPREME69 on August 2nd, 2012 at 7:08 pm said:

Awesome! Can’t wait! I love the Vita, best handheld ever!

+ MR_SUPREME69 on August 2nd, 2012 at 7:09 pm said:

Also I love the boxart!

+ PRIMUS_420 on August 3rd, 2012 at 8:19 am said:

I went and bought a vita after the beta was released for this game and even though i didnt get in the beta ive had the game pre ordered and paid off for almost 3 months..

+ chowder_07 on August 3rd, 2012 at 12:20 pm said:

Pleeeease release a demo or beta without getting any code.

+ plaztiksyke on August 3rd, 2012 at 2:09 pm said:

Sounds like the digital pre-order bonuses and timing are still up in the air. I’ll wait until there’s a link I can select in the PSN store before I do anything.

+ barry_matharoo on August 3rd, 2012 at 8:36 pm said:

Sounds great. A good purchase for me.

Will this one be having online pass or not???

If yes then i will go for digital version else i will get the physical version. :p

+ B66_butterfly on August 4th, 2012 at 7:03 am said:

Question:
What is the difference between the old psp version and the new vita one? Because i am debating abt if i should buy the psp version 2.

+ Elvick_ on August 4th, 2012 at 1:58 pm said:

@93 – Everything. This is more a full LBP experience too, not that Cambridge didn’t make an amazing game with much more limited hardware, they did great actually.

This is why the naming system for these games suck. No one knew the PSP version was all new, they assumed it was a uber gimped version of the PS3 game. Now people are having issues with knowing Vita is all new.

Smh… not your fault user, tis Sony’s.

+ spyro505 on August 4th, 2012 at 2:24 pm said:

OMG! I want to sincerely and excitefuly thank everyone who made this release date possible! I ALMOST CAN’T BELIEVE IT! THIS BEAUTIFUL GAME COMES OUT THE DAY BEFORE MY BIRTHDAY! YEEEEEAAAAH BUDDY!

+ The-taco-man010 on August 4th, 2012 at 5:45 pm said:

PRE-ordered and paid off at gamestop.on the Gamestop web site they say that I’ll get the two pre order dlcs, hope this is true :D cause I really want the bioshock and the knights of old dlcs but especially the bioshock one.

+ Steve_Lion on August 5th, 2012 at 4:56 pm said:

awesome game!!!!! for playstation!!!!

+ triplet79 on August 7th, 2012 at 12:37 pm said:

Really? You are releasing this on the same day as World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria? Who thought this was a good idea?

PAGE 1 2