PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Super Stardust HD Turns Five, Celebrate with a Stellar Sale

Petsku's Avatar + Posted by Petsku on Aug 08, 2012 // Game Designer, Housemarque Games

UPDATE: Due to a technical error, the Impact Mode DLC was not included in this Super Stardust HD DLC sale bundle. Any users who purchased the sale bundle will be receiving a message within the next week or so with a voucher code for the Impact Mode DLC. We will also correct the error for next Tuesday’s Store publish. We apologize for the inconvenience!

7732632494_04e0e64bbf

It’s amazing that we’ve come this far since Super Stardust HD first came on the scene. Five years ago, the top-selling and award-winning PS3 game blasted you on a breathtaking tour through the galaxy full of epic sights and scenes. Everyone here at Housemarque has been honored to be a part of the journey in creating five years of action-packed entertainment on PSN. From Super Stardust HD to Super Stardust Portable to Super Stardust Delta on PS Vita, we’ve always pushed ourselves to deliver the best possible arcade experience.

Super Stardust HD for PS3

To celebrate the game’s fifth anniversary, and to thank you all for your support, we’ve launched a spectacular offer – Super Stardust HD + all three DLC add-ons, including last year’s stellar new “Impact” game mode, in one cosmic bundle for only $7.99. This deal won’t last forever though – the offer will only be valid from August 8th to September 5th.

Super Stardust HD 2Super Stardust HD 1

With each new DLC pack, we’ve aimed to dazzle by adding even more fun and innovative features to the core Super Stardust HD experience. Here are four features that we are most proud of implementing since the game’s launch in 2007:

1. Super Stardust HD is one of the first and only games to provide a 60 fps 1080p 3D experience, creating 120 unique frames per second in order to do so
      2. The DLC expansions add numerous game modes and co-op play for up to four players.
      3. Better yet, you can experience the co-op modes in true 3D SimulView where each player sees their own view of the action, provided you own the 3D Display
      4. Last but not least, Super Stardust HD was the first ever game to feature Trophies!

We here at Housemarque hope that you take advantage of the special anniversary offer and join the thousands of people who have enjoyed our games over these last five years.

PAGE 1 2

+ chrisboers on August 8th, 2012 at 7:09 am said:

One of the first games I bought for my PS3 back then, and also the first one I got for my Vita. One of the best, most addictive PSN games released.
For anyone who hasn’t tried it yet: Get it. Especially at this great priced package!

+ BanzaiHeil on August 8th, 2012 at 7:11 am said:

Happy Anniversary!

I… I left your present in the car. *backs out slowly* I’ll be… right… back…

+ Enforcer_X on August 8th, 2012 at 7:20 am said:

EPIC GAME!
This is one of the best games on PSN and this game with my XBR-52HX909 made me a believer in 3DTV!

+ snakeeyes211 on August 8th, 2012 at 7:25 am said:

First off congratulations on such an amazing game I love it:-) I have both super Stardust HD and Stardust Delta my question is does the DLC have any trophies with it?

+ Mattsta001 on August 8th, 2012 at 7:35 am said:

Fantastic game. Everyone with a PS3 should have this on their HDD.

+ b00kthree on August 8th, 2012 at 7:43 am said:

Just wanted to make sure here… You say here that the bundle includes all 3 DLC. If I were to just go with the in-store description, I am led to believe that includes only the solo and team packs (not the new one last year). Am I looking at the wrong bundle in the store?

I already own the game and no DLC right now. Based on what you’re saying it should be cheaper for me to buy the bundle than the DLC while this sale is going on, sounds like.

Enjoyed the game. Looking forward to the DLC.

Petsku's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on August 8th, 2012 at 5:35 pm said:

The sale does include all 3 DLC. Unfortunately due to a technical error (see the update at the top of the blog post) it wasn’t included this week. If you purchase the bundle now you will receive a code in a week or so for Impact. Alternatively, you can wait until next week and purchase the bundle and the Impact DLC should be included automatically. Sorry for the hassle!

+ helbertpina on August 8th, 2012 at 7:45 am said:

Saw it last night, bought the bundle for $7.99, but the option to purchase the Impact DLC was still on… Is there anything I can do?

Petsku's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on August 8th, 2012 at 5:32 pm said:

If you purchased the bundle you will receive the Impact DLC for free. There was a technical error (an update at the top of the blog outlines it all), but basically, if you bought it you should receive a code in a week or so for Impact.

+ ChaseHammerJ on August 8th, 2012 at 7:48 am said:

So oh well for the people that already bought the game….geez

+ saab01 on August 8th, 2012 at 7:50 am said:

If I didn’t already have the game I would of picked this up. The game is very fun.

+ DuoMaxwell007 on August 8th, 2012 at 8:09 am said:

@5… considering SSD HD was free back when PSN came back up after the outage Id say just about everyone DOES have this by now lol

+ Lennipoo on August 8th, 2012 at 8:12 am said:

I have the same question as post #6. I read the descriptions over and over and saw that it didn’t have the impact dlc so I opted to buy the dlc separately instead of the whole bundle because it ended up being cheaper that way. Had I known the bundle had the impact dlc, I would have chosen to buy that instead. Kinda frustrated. I know it’s not a huge difference in price but at the same time every gaming dollar matters. Hope someone on the blog can help me. I only needed up buying the solo and team dlc. Still need to get the impact dlc.

Petsku's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on August 8th, 2012 at 5:27 pm said:

Sorry for the confusion on this — Impact *is* supposed to be bundled, there was just some weird technical hiccup. Folks who purchase/d the bundle will receive a voucher code for Impact. So what did you end up buying?

+ SlyCooperFan100 on August 8th, 2012 at 8:37 am said:

@10 Nope, not everyone. I don’t have it, and now I’m considering picking up this bundle. :)

+ TwinDad on August 8th, 2012 at 8:42 am said:

If I hadn’t bought this game 5 years ago, it would so be mine.

Congratulations. I still play it at least once a month over the last 5 years. As fun as the day I bought it.

+ helbertpina on August 8th, 2012 at 8:48 am said:

I got Delta on Vita first, got hooked, then I got HD yesterday. One of the most pleasant 3D games I’ve played so far! =D

+ GGCAN on August 8th, 2012 at 8:54 am said:

Excellent game and one of the first I bought when I got my PS3.

Actually got blisters on my fingers from playing it so much…ha ha.

+ PRIMUS_420 on August 8th, 2012 at 9:07 am said:

Any chance for a price drop on the vita bundle? I mean the ps3 version is bundled with 3 dlc packs and its only 7.99 but the vita bundle only has 1 dlc pack and its 14.99.. i would love to celebrate the 5th birthday on my vita and if we can get limited time price drop on that im sold ; )

+ musicman182 on August 8th, 2012 at 9:10 am said:

Like a few others, I’m also wondering if the bundle actually does come with the Impact DLC. On the store, it only says that it comes with the Solo and Team DLC. I’m going to have to wait to buy it until that gets cleared up.

Petsku's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on August 8th, 2012 at 5:30 pm said:

It currently does not, but it will (an update at the top of the blog outlines the situation). Sorry for the confusion!

+ akibake on August 8th, 2012 at 9:24 am said:

I already purchased all the content and don’t regret it a bit. This is an amazing sale for an amazing game, though.

+ KidCommando on August 8th, 2012 at 9:28 am said:

Still to this day one of my favorite PSN games. Can’t believe it has been 5 years since I fell in love. :P

I hope a full scale sequel comes at some point down the line, whether PS3 or PS4. Make it happen Housemarque!!

I liked the PSP Stardust Portable, but having to aim/shoot with the buttons got tiresome very quick. I haven’t bought a Vita yet, but when I do Delta will be the first game I purchase.

If you don’t have this game and like twin stick shooters at all, GET THIS BUNDLE!

+ Darth-Krayt on August 8th, 2012 at 9:38 am said:

I’m not even a fan of twin stick shooters, and still consider SSDHD to be an amzing game. One of the best downloadable games off all time.

I forgot how I owned SSDHD, because I always wanted to buy it when the price was right (for my wallet). I thought it was from a Plus discount at some point, but another poster reminded me that it was from the great blessing in disguise: the PSN outage.

So I have a question. Since SO many people already have the main game, are you going to also apply discounts to just the DLC? You guys should also discount the portable versions. I don’t have a Vita yet, but I know I eventually will. If that game or the PSP one (if it works on Vita) gets a nice discount, I’d gladly buy it ahead of time.

+ Darth-Krayt on August 8th, 2012 at 9:56 am said:

Oh, and congrats on proving with actions, not words that you care about your fans. That shows with the fact that you guys with SSDHD were the first to add support for new PS3 features as they came out, regardless of how long ago the game released. You could have milked all those features with a full game release. SSDHD2 if you will. Instead you released them for your original product for free. And are happy to do so.

I’m a human being who holds character and integrity high above things like money and popularity. That’s why I continue to be brand loyal and support a company like Sony over it’s main competitor. Or support a game like Killzone, not CoD. I like hard work and a job well done for good value over making profits hand over fist for as little work as possible.

Your continued support of SSDHD and it’s customers have shown your character and integrity, and it’s right up there with the others in the industry I hold in high regard.

+ xaos on August 8th, 2012 at 10:11 am said:

This is a game that I got on release and still go back and play, and have enjoyed the PSP and Vita incarnations a lot as well. You guys have done amazing work with a truly exemplary arcade action experience on this, so my hat is off to you. I remember back in the good old days when my high score of somewhere north of 300 million had me in the top 25 of the worldwide leaderboards. I’ve long since been blown away, but still have a hell of a lot of fun with this game.

Happy anniversary, and congrats to everyone involved in it :)

+ PainOfSarrow on August 8th, 2012 at 10:47 am said:

and just like others have asked. is the new IMPACT dlc already in here ? its not showing it in the description . please answer so i can make a purchase. Thanks

Petsku's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on August 8th, 2012 at 5:36 pm said:

it isn’t already in there, but it will be included! So if you purchase now you’ll get a code later (in a week or so) for Impact. You can also wait for the next Store update and purchase the bundle then, and Impact will be included automatically.

+ alx681 on August 8th, 2012 at 11:51 am said:

absolutely amazing game. sometimes makes you feel like such a boss when you do some spectacular move to get out of trouble.
still in the hunt for the late boomer trophy, that thing has been kicking my ass for years.
two thumbs up to housemarque, this and dead nation are 2 PSN gems.

+ shades909 on August 8th, 2012 at 11:53 am said:

I bought the bundle and Impact dlc wasn’t included -_-

Petsku's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on August 8th, 2012 at 5:20 pm said:

Hey there! So looks like a technical error prevented the Impact DLC from being bundled properly. You will receive it, but it may take a week or so to get a code to you. Sorry about the inconvenience!

+ atone1382 on August 8th, 2012 at 11:54 am said:

I love this game, it’s always one I fall back on and play a few games no matter how long its been since I last played. Also it’s easily one of the best looking games to use on a 3D tv. The visuals are just incredible. Anytime I show the 3D to anyone it’s this game I go to.

+ saskamazon on August 8th, 2012 at 1:50 pm said:

it’s not really a great sale if you have the core game ….when I bought the Vita I grabbed the $10 game …. loved it, but then would have had to pay an additional $7.99 to get the Blast pack … which seemed a bit high …. having already spent the $10, now I can buy the solo & team pack for another $6+ …. so my copy would still have cost over $16 for a bundle that is now $7.99 ….. I think when there is a core game that comes bundled with add ons, the purchaser should have the option to buy the DLC that would not end up costing more than the not on sale bundle originally cost …… just my 2 cents.

+ SlyCooperFan100 on August 8th, 2012 at 1:59 pm said:

I didn’t get SSDHD during the Welcome Back program.

I just realized what a huge mistake I made. I bought the bundle, and WOW. Just… WOW. This is one of my all-time favorite games now. If anyone remembers Asteroids from Windows XP, I consider this to be Asteroids’s return in my life. You guys have done amazing work here, and the DLC makes it even sweeter. I love this. :D

+ PiXelatediO on August 8th, 2012 at 2:45 pm said:

Thanks, and please continue giving us goodies as such : )
… outerspace, here i come.

+ D-Squad3 on August 8th, 2012 at 2:54 pm said:

Ahh, brings me back when the PS3 was still young. And my first trophies!

+ strider367 on August 8th, 2012 at 4:40 pm said:

I got this when it first came out. It was the first game with trophies. So is there a DLC deal for people like me?

+ IceColdKilla44 on August 8th, 2012 at 4:40 pm said:

I was about to buy this, but the PSN description doesn’t say that the Impact DLC is included.

Is that true?

Petsku's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on August 8th, 2012 at 5:29 pm said:

Apologies for the confusion, but although right now the bundle does not include the Impact DLC it will (there’s an update at the top of the blog now that outlines the situation). So basically, you can buy it now and wait for a code for Impact later, or wait for the bundle to be updated. Sorry that there’s not a better option at the moment!

+ musicman182 on August 8th, 2012 at 5:46 pm said:

@ Kristine Steimer

Thanks for the response and clearing everything up! :) I think I’ll just go ahead and buy the bundle now then and wait for the code for Impact. I don’t feel like waiting another week until the next store update to play the game :)

+ ABNVOX on August 8th, 2012 at 7:48 pm said:

super stardust was one of my fav games on the ps3, and when it came to the vita it was even better!

+ WarpKidBuu on August 8th, 2012 at 7:56 pm said:

I’m one of those people that bought SS:HD right away, because it’s that awesome! Shame about the Impact DLC.
How do who know for certain that everyone gets a message? Who do we contact if we don’t get the voucher?

Thank in advance?

+ shades909 on August 8th, 2012 at 8:20 pm said:

I played Super Stardust a bit and this is awesome, make me feel stupid to have waited so long before buying this game

And @ Kristine Steimer thanks for the response :)

+ JuggaloMars on August 8th, 2012 at 8:23 pm said:

So am I correct in assuming this deal is for HD only and Delta is still the regular price?

+ WarpKidBuu on August 8th, 2012 at 8:29 pm said:

Does the EU also get vouchers? I haven’t seen anything mentioned on the european blog as of yet.

+ Underow-CFH-316 on August 8th, 2012 at 9:16 pm said:

FORCE GUERRILLA GAMES TO FIX KILLZONE 3 UNBALANCED MULTIPLAYER!!! DEACTIVATE THE SNIPER SKILLS, REDUCE THE DAMAGE DONE BY THE C4, REMOVE THE ROCKETS LAUNCHERS, ADJUST THE MELEE ATTACK, IMPROVE THE CONNECTION WITH THE HOST, MAKE YOUR CHARACTER HEAVIER LIKE IN KILLZONE 2, FOR THE OWNERS OF THE GAME MAKE THE DLC FREE!! MAKE THAT AND A LOT OF PEOPLE IS GOING TO PLAY THAT GAME AGAIN BECAUSE ITS GOING TO BE GOOD!! LOOK AT NAUGHTY DOG THEY ARE STILL FIXING SOME OF THE PROBLES OF UNCHARTED 3 WHY CAN’T GUERRILLA GAMES DO THE SAME THING FOR THEIR GAME

+ Formulita_2k on August 8th, 2012 at 9:48 pm said:

No discount for Vita users… great !!

+ Fresnoborn on August 8th, 2012 at 11:20 pm said:

Does Delta come with?

+ NovaChronicle on August 8th, 2012 at 11:29 pm said:

love the bundle and plan to get it asap, however I wanted to point out that on the Eu blog “Additionally, Super Stardust Portable will be 50% off, or absolutely free to PS Plus subscribers!” will that also be part of next weeks store update? If not it’s cool, I’m happy enough to get SSDHD in a bundle with the add-ons anyway :)

+ BringMeTheNasty on August 8th, 2012 at 11:33 pm said:

It would be so great if you guys took a little bit off the ssd for the vita, since it is a perfect pick up and play game.

+ SteveSharpe on August 9th, 2012 at 8:28 am said:

I wish they would have done a separate bundle for all the DLC only (maybe $3.99 or something). I have the game, but none of the DLC packs.

+ Lennipoo on August 9th, 2012 at 2:35 pm said:

Kristine, I don’t know how reply to your reply but to answer your question, I bought the solo and team dlc only because I already owned the main game and it ended up being cheaper since I thought the impact dlc didn’t come with the bundle. Think you can help me out?

+ jqtaxpayer on August 9th, 2012 at 5:36 pm said:

Great game — wish you’d discounted the Vita game, though. I’ve already got this one!

+ Elvick_ on August 10th, 2012 at 10:14 am said:

Already have everything. :3

Terrible at Super Stardust HD though. Better at Delta, and I realize it’s easier overall. I think the Vita’s analogs work better for it too making it that much easier.

+ b00kthree on August 14th, 2012 at 9:26 pm said:

I was watching for an updated bundle on the store update today that included the game and all 3 DLCs. Didn’t see one. Is that still coming?

+ helbertpina on August 19th, 2012 at 6:20 pm said:

Hi, sorry to bother, but… is that code for Impact still coming? It’s been 11 days… :/

+ musicman182 on August 19th, 2012 at 8:57 pm said:

@helbertpina I’m still waiting for my code too…glad to hear I’m not the only one. I figure I’ll give it until Tuesday and then ask about it on the next PS Store Update blog post if it’s not here by then.

PAGE 1 2