God of War

Aug 24

Aug 24

Persona 4 Golden: Solid Gold Premium Edition

Aram Jabbari's Avatar Posted by Manager of PR and Sales, ATLUS

PlayStation.Blog chums,

Persona 4 Golden. It’s so hot right now. It’s Japan’s hottest PS Vita game of all time, selling more than twice as many units as the next bestselling title. In the weeks following P4G’s release, PS Vita hardware sales in Japan saw a dramatic spike, larger than at any time since the start of the year.

Perhaps it’s because the original Persona 4 became such a phenomenon, winning tremendous critical acclaim and adoration from consumers. It could also be because Golden, the enhanced and expanded PS Vita version of the game, dramatically improves on the beloved RPG classic in so many gosh darn ways.

Persona 4 Golden for PS VitaPersona 4 Golden for PS Vita

Did you know I speak PS Vita? True story. I can hear yours from here, musing aloud, longing for something amazing; it’s practically begging to be loved. It wants copious oodles of Persona and it wants said oodles right now. It wants 100+ hours of interacting with fleshed out, sharply written characters. It yearns for a rich world to get lost in, for intense battles, for blazing fast load times. Translation: your PS Vita has a fever, and the only prescription, is more Persona 4 Golden.

We hear your PS Vitas, PS.Blog amis. (That means “friends” in French… Don’t ask me how I know that; I took four years of Spanish in high school.)

We hear them, and we’re answering.

Persona 4 Golden for PS Vita

We’re proud to announce Persona 4 Golden: Solid Gold Premium Edition, a very special and very limited set of collectibles for the hardcore Persona and/or PS Vita fan. Japan’s biggest PS Vita game ever deserves an extra fine greeting as it reaches North American shores in one of the coolest special editions we’ve ever put together.

Every one of the ONLY 10,000 COPIES of the Premium Edition will include:

• The game: One of the best RPGs of all time is bigger and better than ever before, enhanced to take full advantage of the power of PS Vita.
  • Hori Hard Pouch: Sturdily crafted and stylishly customized, this case has a flap for storing PS Vita cards that also guards the screen.
  • Hori Face Cover: Offers lightweight yet effective protection without blocking any major ports, meaning you don’t have to take it off to play!
  • Protective Skin: Adorns your PS Vita with the stylish, vibrant aesthetics of Persona 4 Golden and also includes eight matching character wallpapers. This same skin is being offered in limited quantities as a bonus for fans who pre-order P4G at participating retailers.
  • Stickers: Featuring some of the popular stars of Persona 4, these stickers can be used to decorate anything you can think of!

Devotees may recognize these items as the same ones made available in Japan, and they’d be right! These are exactly the same special set of accessories made by Hori for the Japanese game, down to the use of the overseas title, Persona 4 The Golden.

The Solid Gold Premium Edition will not be remanufactured. We’re projecting it will sell out and very likely in short order, so if you’re interested in owning a huge piece of ATLUS gaming history, pre-ordering from a participating retailer is highly advised!

Persona 4 Golden: Solid Gold Premium Edition ($69.99 MSRP) releases this holiday season alongside the standard version of the game, both exclusively for PS Vita. If you’re not compelled by the Premium Edition, remember that you can still get a free protective PS Vita skin with a pre-order at a participating retailer. (Please note supplies for these are limited too.) For more info about P4G, visit www.atlus.com/p4g.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

spoonTRex said:

August 24th, 7:16 am

Wow! An Arrested Development reference. I think I’m in love. :)

August 24th, 10:24 am

I wish they’d let me blog as “Bob Loblaw.”

inFAMOUS-787 said:

August 24th, 7:22 am

wait? what?

inFAMOUS-787 said:

August 24th, 7:23 am

read,10K made only.IM OUT!!!

cool_trainer said:

August 24th, 7:31 am

Which retailers are participating? I want to preorder now :3

Arsenic13 said:

August 24th, 7:31 am

So psyched.

Aram, when can we expect the Solid Gold edition to be available on retailer websites? And can you confirm a release date?

August 24th, 9:19 am

Arsenic13,

We can only confirm the previously released “fall 2012” release timing, but we’ll likely have a final release date to confirm soon!

See my reply to post #4 for the answer to your other question!

davidwho said:

August 24th, 7:31 am

When will this edition be available for pre-order, and from which participating retailers?

KatAveline278 said:

August 24th, 7:36 am

Looking foward to playing it ^^ I really enjoyed Persona 3, never played 4 though.
It’s so great that the game is selling well in Japan. I don’t have enough money to buy this version, but I’ll definitely support by buying a normal copy of this game.

aloafrica said:

August 24th, 7:37 am

So, did you know I love you? Now I just need to wait for retailers to list it, and you will only have 9,999 copies left for sale. :)

CrusaderForever said:

August 24th, 7:39 am

Thank you, I am new to Persona and just started playing P3P on my Vita. It’s so amazing I cannot put it down. Thankfully Always On tech exists! I just beat the Change Relic and cannot wait to see what happens at the next full moon. I am a huge Persona fan now and cannot wait to buy P4G D1P!

xSanosuke said:

August 24th, 7:39 am

You must not speak PSV as well as you thought, guy; my Vita’s thirst for all that incredible stuff has already been quenched by plenty of amazing games that AREN’T Persona 4G. :P

That Solid Gold PE does look pretty damn sweet, though. Once I found out what price its gonna be going for in stores(assuming they don’t sell it at MSRP), I’ll decide whether or not I’ll bite.

aloafrica said:

August 24th, 7:40 am

Actually, one quick question: Will those who preorder the premium edition still get the wallpaper downloads?

August 24th, 8:41 am

aloafrica,

Yes! The Dezaegg Protective Vita Skin provided in the Solid Gold Premium Edition is the same as the one provided with standard copy pre-orders (at participating retailers). Inside the clear packet that includes the skin are instructions for application and also for obtaining the wallpapers.

Wolfdre said:

August 24th, 7:42 am

Ive already checked with Amazon.ca my local EB Games, Best Buy & http://www.atlus.com/p4g/purchase.html.
None of the above retailers have this available. I would hate to miss out on this edition, any ideas of when we can possibly reserve a copy?

xSanosuke said:

August 24th, 7:43 am

Seems as though you don’t speak PSV as well as you thought, guy; my Vita’s thirst for all of that incredible stuff you talked about has already been quenched by plenty of amazing games that AREN’T Persona 4G. :P

That Solid Gold PE does look pretty damn sweet, though. Once I found out how much stores are gonna charge for it(assuming they’re not just sticking with the MSRP), I’ll decide whether or not I’ll bite.

@aloafrica: It says you get the wallpapers in the picture. :|

cool_trainer said:

August 24th, 7:43 am

And my Vita thanks you.

kivi95 said:

August 24th, 7:46 am

When are you releasing this game for Europe?

August 24th, 8:40 am

kivi95,

Since ATLUS does not have operations in Europe, we would require a publishing partner to assist in bringing the game to PAL territories. There are no developments on that front at this time, but we all hope that there will be soon!

Teflon02 said:

August 24th, 7:47 am

Great and all but 2 things. The game itself better not release with low stock like most jap games. I want this to hit a million sales atleast. New persona fan, well 3 and 4 that is.
Second whens the release date. I don’t pre-order without release dates.
Now I know this may not be info ATLUS would know, I’m a ask though since they should have enough rights to know if Persona 4: The Animation Dub will release before or after the release of the game. And if before should I wait til I play they game to prevent spoilers like I’m doing Arena

August 24th, 8:38 am

Teflon02,

We have no involvement with or information about the English dub of the Persona 4 Animation.

Regarding Persona 4 Golden, the only launch information we can currently provide is a fall 2012 release timing. Certainly there’ll eventually be a final, set-in-stone release date, and as soon as we have it we shall blast it out via our newsletter, Twitter, Facebook, etc.!

NinjaMicWZ said:

August 24th, 7:47 am

Cannot wait for Persona 4. I never got around to buying it before I got the PS3 when MGS4 came out.

RurouniSaiya-jin said:

August 24th, 7:48 am

I’ll be getting this for sure if it’s available in Canada. Just need to know which retailers are participating so I can start constantly searching their site to see if it’s up yet ^,^

August 24th, 8:34 am

RurouniSaiya-jin,

We’re going to be pulling together all of the participating retailers as they go live with the offer and will get links out via all the avenues at our disposal. Check out our social media channels and also the Purchase page on the official P4G site (link at the bottom of the OP) as the day progresses!

Link2999 said:

August 24th, 7:54 am

Not all that tempting. Even though there are limited quantities available, the skin comes with all preorder copies anyways and meaning you’ll be paying $30 more for a P4G Face Cover & Hard Pouch (and Stickers). Unless you were in the market for these items anyways, justifying paying $30 more (nearly double) is pretty hard to do.

BuchNasty said:

August 24th, 7:57 am

Gonna have to have more than stickers in a collectors edition to make me want to pay 70 dollars for a friggin vita game. And who doesn’t have at least 1 case already?

August 24th, 8:32 am

BuchNasty,

I couldn’t personally imagine not having purchased a case for my Vita day one. As solid as the hardware is, its exposed-ness (especially those nubs) practically cries out for protection.

Still, we believe that Persona fans—even folks with cases already—will appreciate the quality of the Hard Pouch and Face Cover included in the Solid Gold Premium Edition. These aren’t cheap, throw-away accessories, and importers tend to charge far more to ship them into the States.

Moreover, as Vita-lovers, we’re ALL hoping the system has a tremendous holiday season. We’re confident Persona 4 Golden can make a huge splash in North America like it did in Japan, and we think there are a lot of on-the-fencers when it comes to the Vita. The Solid Gold Premium Edition represents a great value for custom official Hori accessories, so hopefully we can convince some of those fence-sitters to join us.

Thanks for taking the time to post a comment!

MisterShine said:

August 24th, 7:57 am

Love the arrested development reference, just started watching that show again.

OT: seriously, where can we pre-order this bad boy? I think i’m still going digital though, there’s just no reason for this to ever leave my vita, and I can’t risk losing it!

August 24th, 8:04 am

MisterShine,

We expect some of our retail partners to have product pages up in the coming hours! We’ll blast said links out via social media as soon as they roll in.

AwRy108 said:

August 24th, 8:03 am

Wow, $70 for a crappy case and a few stickers? Vita owners deserve more love than that, especially since there’s so few of them: you need to drop the price of the Premium Ed. or include some more stuff.

August 24th, 8:15 am

AwRy108,

The Hori Hard Pouch is not sold in the states. The cheapest import from Japan would be 23.99 via Amazon, and that would be without the custom Persona 4 Golden artwork. The Hori Face Cover is at $12.71 via Amazon (and very well reviewed, it should be added, as with most fantastic Hori accessories) and again, doesn’t feature the sleek custom artwork.

Folks who are already set with a case/cover may find less appeal in the Solid Gold Premium Edition, but for folks without, or folks considering a Vita this holiday season, we believe it’s a great value, especially considering Hori and Dezaegg’s (the protective skin manufacturer) excellent reputation.

Still, thanks for reading the post!

FearMonkey said:

August 24th, 8:04 am

I can’t find anywhere to pre-order it. :(

August 24th, 8:07 am

FearMonkey,

We’re working as fast as we can with our retail partners to get links up. Thanks for your patience!

theman_714 said:

August 24th, 8:11 am

Are we gonna be seeing you guys at PAX or Tokyo Game show? I really want a release date!

August 24th, 8:17 am

theman_714,

Alas, ATLUS will not be exhibiting at either event, but there’s a possibility we’ll have a title in the SCEA booth at PAX Prime, so be sure to give their space a good perusing :)

Andrefpvs said:

August 24th, 8:15 am

As an European, :(

theman_714 said:

August 24th, 8:26 am

aw man that sucks, I was kinda hoping we’d get a release date at of those places, do you know when we might get new info on the game? maybe a release date or something?

TwinDad said:

August 24th, 8:40 am

Sad there is no Atlus at PAX prime, but I can understand with it being a small and efficient company.

Any hints at what the Atlus Sony booth title might be? If P4G, then I win :)

Od1n757 said:

August 24th, 8:40 am

it would be so much better if this special persona 4 was actually one the ps3 console its saddening that its not and i only have persona 3 fes, i played 4 on the ps2 and loved it but have to get a vita just to enjoy the reboot is asking too much

terrencec06 said:

August 24th, 8:44 am

I seriously need a Vita.

Teflon02 said:

August 24th, 8:48 am

A shame I can’t find info on the Animation but oh well. I just hope this release date will be soon I’m already having issues with the randomly close LBP Vita date & XSEEDS Ragnarok Odyssey in Oct. Well I’ll assume early Oct for preparations sake.
Thanks for the Reply

cool_trainer said:

August 24th, 8:54 am

Does that mean Gamestop is the only retailer? Or it’s the first retailer to update their website?

August 24th, 8:57 am

cool_trainer,

It most certainly only means they’re the first to go live with a link. They will not be the only retailer to participate. Good question, though!

MarinoBrea said:

August 24th, 8:55 am

Oh, I get it! So you were not talking about beer. Golden!

PlatinumAura said:

August 24th, 8:59 am

Honestly I will probably get this even though it’s ten buck mores than I’d like to pay. I love supporting JRPG releases as I don’t think they get enough love over here. And my album sold enough to justify buying this. So I can’t wait for the release now!!!

cool_trainer said:

August 24th, 9:12 am

Thanks aram!

SirSpergsalot said:

August 24th, 9:20 am

Absolutely cannot wait. Thank you, Atlus. You guys fantastic. Now just get the retailers to post the preorder link so I can throw you my money!

chemerie said:

August 24th, 9:21 am

Couldn’t you guys have thrown in a CD soundtrack at least? I have the CD from the PS2 version, but I’m guessing the Vita version may have some additional new BGM.

lisatsunami said:

August 24th, 9:25 am

Hi, Aram, I JUST pre-ordered yesterday so I’m going to have to cancel & order again? Geesh!

hungcanh19 said:

August 24th, 9:28 am

I’m always happy to purchase an RPG from Atlus. I have all SMT games from the PS2 era. I just wish Atlus would bring more SMT games to the PS3. Anyway, love Demon’s Soul and can’t wait for Dragon’s Crown and this.

Od1n757 said:

August 24th, 9:28 am

you dodged what i said..

August 24th, 9:48 am

Od1n757,

To answer your question, there are no plans for a Persona 4 Golden release for PS3 at this time. It is exclusively for PlayStation Vita (and darn does it look good on dat screen). Perhaps down the road you’ll have many more incentives/reasons to pick a Vita up and enjoy it!

One-Straight said:

August 24th, 9:30 am

Would be nice if newegg or amazon got their link up…

shady965X said:

August 24th, 9:43 am

20/11/2012 ♥♥♥♥♥♥

Teflon02 said:

August 24th, 9:47 am

@Od1n757
to be honest, why can’t it be a exclusive PS Vita game. It’s ALOT better to have these Persona games on the go seeing the style and way it plays. I’d prefer it not release on PS3 and it stay exclusive. It will help also pull a audience in for PS Vita. Also in my top 3 most anticipated

Falaut said:

August 24th, 10:09 am

Looks awesome. Wish all that physical stuff was dropped for the inclusion of the Japanese audi. But hey! Stickerz right?!

Here’s hoping for the PS3 exclusive Persona 5 to include it in its NA release. Its going to be amazing with the PSV Crossbuy/Crossplay all set in a mature persona universe (because you know, the people that played the original in high school, are not in high school anymore. gasp!). ^__-

*wakes up*

Falaut said:

August 24th, 10:10 am

audio. O . O

p_-

Ryumoau said:

August 24th, 10:31 am

Meh….i really enjoyed the ps2 game and have the vita version preordered, but i have no interest in pointless stickers, cases, or anything that don’t add content to the actual gameplay.

Btw, will this game also have a discounted digital release on psn launch day?

Ryumoau said:

August 24th, 10:41 am

Also, as someone mentioned before, i would have loved to have played this on PS3 rather than Vita. Though i suppose Sony thought it would push Vita hardware sales with this exclusive. It may have done that in Japan, but i don’t see it doing miracles for the Vita here in NA. Persona has a large base but not enough to improve a failing system that Sony has seemed to given up on already themselves. :/

emiru69 said:

August 24th, 10:44 am

I can’t find this edition on amazon. Is amazon going to sell this edition?

Heavenly_king said:

August 24th, 10:44 am

So awesome! But I only buy VITA games from the PS Store :(. Can you guys give as VITA themes as bonus for the PSN version?? :D

theman_714 said:

August 24th, 10:45 am

Aram, sorry to bother you with another question, but if I buy this from Amazon will I be able to ship it here yo Saudi Arabia?

because I’m on the page right now (still not ready to preorder) and the shipment says: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.

we don’t have APO/FPO shipments here, will that change? or will I not be able to order it unless I’m in the states?

August 24th, 10:52 am

theman_714,

I’m sorry, but I don’t have that information for you. Out of the limited retailers participating, hopefully one of them will be able to ship to your region. Apologies.

PAGE 1 2 3