GTAV PS4

PlayStation All-Stars Gets inFAMOUS With Evil Cole

Daniel Maniago's Avatar + Posted by Daniel Maniago on Aug 28, 2012 // Community Manager, SuperBot Entertainment

Another hot summer is winding down as we close in on the release of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, and fans have been asking whether we still have more reveals in store for everyone. Well, we’re not done yet!

Today, the PlayStation All-Stars team attended the GameStop Managers Show in San Antonio, TX, an annual event where the retailer gets to check out the industry’s most anticipated video game titles. During the expo’s keynote we confirmed our latest addition to PlayStation All-Stars’ roster — Evil Cole from Sucker Punch’s inFAMOUS series!

Players familiar with inFAMOUS know that Cole MacGrath’s fate changes drastically if led down a path of evil, and both his appearance and powers reflect this dark side of him. Evil Cole harnesses the powers of both electrokinesis and pyrokinesis in battle, offering a style more ruthless in nature than his moral counterpart, Cole MacGrath. When you pick up the controller, you’ll immediately notice the differences between their fighting styles. inFAMOUS fans with a taste for destruction need look no further for their character of choice. Check out our newest character trailer to see Evil Cole’s moves in action.

Evil Cole can blast opponents from afar with bursts of fire and electricity, or engage opponents at close range with incendiary strikes. Players can utilize familiar attacks such as the Hellfire Rocket, Tripwire Rocket, and Firebird Strike to dispatch foes. Evil Cole is able to harness the power of The Beast once his energy has reached maximum level, leaving nothing in his wake. He is also able to suck AP out of his enemies using his Ionic Drain, giving him an AP headstart before opponents are ready for the next onslaught. He brings an offense-heavy playstyle to the fight that rivals that of the most fearsome challengers on the roster.

If you’re in the San Antonio area and you’re a GameStop PowerUp Rewards member, get your tickets now to attend the public expo tomorrow (Tuesday, August 29th) from 11:00am to 4:00pm at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center. You’ll get to go hands-on with PlayStation All-Stars on both the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita before we even hit store shelves. Ticket prices and additional information can be found on their website.

That’s it for now! In case you missed the news, purchasing PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale for the PS3 also nets you a digital download of the PlayStation Vita version at no additional cost! How can you pass up a deal like that?!? Our release date of November 20th is fast approaching so be sure to pre-order now. A big thank you to all the fans for your always encouraging support. We have more news and announcements in store for you as we head into PAX, so stay tuned. We’ll see you at the show!

92 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ almex2 on August 28th, 2012 at 12:01 pm said:

NOICE!! Love inFamous!

+ diegercvb on August 28th, 2012 at 12:02 pm said:

but what about vampire cole???

+ Shatgan on August 28th, 2012 at 12:04 pm said:

That’s cool that they add new skins to characters.

+ Cyris on August 28th, 2012 at 12:04 pm said:

Is this the PAX reveal? Or is there more later?

+ G-Force08 on August 28th, 2012 at 12:05 pm said:

I see that the fighting styles are different and all, but I hope this didn’t cut off other possible characters from being in the roster.

+ Andrefpvs on August 28th, 2012 at 12:06 pm said:

Kat from Gravity Rush, please! C’mon, you need at least one PS Vita character in the game.

+ Xcaligamer1 on August 28th, 2012 at 12:06 pm said:

I assume character selection will be like panda/kuma in tekken series?

+ blackiemist88 on August 28th, 2012 at 12:07 pm said:

so sweet!!! when is the next beta coming out??? i actually was in the closed beta but didnt have internet at my place :-(

+ BlindsideDork on August 28th, 2012 at 12:07 pm said:

Is this a skin or new character?

+ Butters360 on August 28th, 2012 at 12:07 pm said:

Evil Cole for the win! One question though: Is Evil Cole counted as a Skin or as a whole different character?

+ Yawnier on August 28th, 2012 at 12:07 pm said:

I don’t know what to think of this addition, I mean I thought this game was going to be one character per franchise/series?

+ AriesWarlock on August 28th, 2012 at 12:10 pm said:

I have to say, now that I have seen his moves, I like him more than regular Cole.

Come on, Daniel, when are you gonna show us some females, like, I dunno, Nariko, or Jennifer Tate? :)

+ SAIYAN98 on August 28th, 2012 at 12:10 pm said:

Daniel, if possible, please reqch out to Omar and tell him we don’t like Dante. We want the Old Dante from the original DmC!!!!!

+ boomstickbhg on August 28th, 2012 at 12:11 pm said:

How many more characters are there to be revealed?

There’s certainly been a few that I like, but so far none of them make me want to buy this game.

If a classic Dante skin is announced I would buy right away (favourite video game character).

However so far this just looks like a version of Smash Bros with less characters I know/care about/make any sense in a fighting game (fat princess? really?)

I hope to see many more characters, whether on day 1 or later as DLC because as much as I want to like this game, so far I’m fairly indifferent.

Are Good and Evil Cole interchangeable/skin based, or did you waste a roster spot having a 2nd version of a character?

+ Giovbrn on August 28th, 2012 at 12:14 pm said:

You know, this is still better than Link/Toon Link, or Fox/Falco. He actually looks pretty dang different

+ DarkHowl on August 28th, 2012 at 12:17 pm said:

Just like with Dante, you guys at Superbot shut my mouth quick when it came to the reveal. To have him leaked is one thing, seeing the character in action is another story. I’ve gone from being “Meh” about his inclusion to “I think Evil Cole may be one of my main characters” with a single video.
Great job, Superbot! :) Any chance of seeing a non-leaked character this weekend at PAX? ;)

+ Hatberserker on August 28th, 2012 at 12:21 pm said:

Lets get a Kat chant going

+ Tchanku on August 28th, 2012 at 12:21 pm said:

To answer the skin question. Evil Cole is not just a skin, he has different abilities from Good Cole.

+ Teflon02 on August 28th, 2012 at 12:24 pm said:

I like that both coles are in it but you should of had it as you can switch like zelda in smash. But yeah.
I just hope for
Crash Bandicoot (has to be in it)
Kat from gravity rush
and ff love id prefer Zidane seeing he is one of the most agile characters in final fantasy and Dyne would have some awesome special opportunities.
Spyro maybe
And Max, Toan or Monica from dark clouds series hell even osmond since he’s in every PS exclusive Level-5 title
Oh yeah and more fantasy and family oriented characters. This game has to much seriousness in its roster, we need stuff like sackboys charm and funny look of fat princess all over. So happy for the gamescom reveal though all 4 characters are awesome. Even new dante, has basically his oldschool attack set. :)
Just no more tekken and so on get stuff like ratchet style or something, not stuff like drake. He looks so out of place

+ BossmanCCrowder1 on August 28th, 2012 at 12:27 pm said:

Looking good. Great to see the different styles of play from Evil and Good Cole. A nice lead in for the announcements coming at PAX!

+ freshprincepbg on August 28th, 2012 at 12:27 pm said:

Yeah I’m kinda disappointed that he’s taking up a whole roster spot, Playstation has so many good characters, and you got Cole taking up two spots. I really really hope theres more characters yet to be leaked

+ infamousXX87XX on August 28th, 2012 at 12:30 pm said:

Not a fan of using a new character slot of essentially the same character that’s already in the game. Way things are going we are going to get Lightning instead of Cloud. We are going to get Raiden instead of Solid Snake. We already got the new Dante instead pf the old Dante…you see the pattern. Dante, Lightning, and Raiden are promotional characters for their upcoming games. It may be Square or Capcom’s fault because they probably told Sony that you can have these characters for free because it will promote our upcoming games which is LAME.

+ KiraXyX on August 28th, 2012 at 12:32 pm said:

Any predictions of what time it will be available to buy rock band blitz?

+ Deekman on August 28th, 2012 at 12:34 pm said:

Awesome, hope his alternate costume is the redesign everyone hated from inFamous 2!

Now get Kazuma Kiryu in to this game!

+ Teflon02 on August 28th, 2012 at 12:37 pm said:

Oh yewh everyone, for anyone that doesn’t know, 2 new modes were announced at gamescom that hasn’t really been talked about
Stock – you have a number of lives (5 for example) if you die 5 times you are illuminated and can’t spawn no more. Same as smash stock with difference knock offs are not the kills but specials obviously
Kill Limit – First person to a set number of kills wins, not sure if point apply or is it just kills, i assume kills
Costumization like choosing and turning off items was confirmed as well as manually changing specifics in match types like 1 hit to get a bar of specials and changing kill limit amounts etc.
It was also announced alot of ne weapons are not being shown yet and that there will be different uses for weapons also that haven’t been shown yet, as well as there will be a item assumingly like the homerunbat in smash as in instakill. There is a video on youtube thats 28 mins on youtube for it

+ Heavenly_king on August 28th, 2012 at 12:52 pm said:

can someone say BADAS$??!!

I want Solid/Old/Naked Snake to be on the game :'( PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

+ TheUndertaker85 on August 28th, 2012 at 12:58 pm said:

God people are stupid…

Duh Evil Cole is another character and not a skin. How much comprehension time does it take to realize that a skin is just that, a skin. It doesn’t change how the character acts or what they do. Just changes their appearance.

Another character means that Evil Cole will have his own moves that Evil Cole would use, such as the examples that are directly in the post. Good Cole will have his own moves that Good Cole would use. If you’ve ever played the inFamous games, it’s always been obvious that Good and Evil Cole would be two different slots as they have different play styles and moves.

+ Real_Radec13 on August 28th, 2012 at 1:00 pm said:

Wait so do Good and Evil Cole take up one slot?

+ darth_orange93 on August 28th, 2012 at 1:02 pm said:

Evil Cole is an awesome addition. I would love to see a MAG background with the three PMCs fighting it out in the background (maybe mixed with Wipeout to show Liverpool and Zipper some love). Also the Cop from Pursuit Force as a character to acknowledge BigBig for all the work they did for Sony. The game is probably simply being polished now but maybe add these in as DLC later?

+ D-Squad3 on August 28th, 2012 at 1:03 pm said:

At least you guys got him out of the way, I really hope we see more characters than the leaked roster.

+ boomstickbhg on August 28th, 2012 at 1:14 pm said:

Yeah its obvious the coles are two different seperate characters.

But it’s hard to believe they’d waste 2 slots on one character so hopefully it’s an interchangable slot or something not equalling one less other character.

I like both Coles, but not if they count as 2 characters. I’ve played all the games, I know the differences, same dude, powers a bit different. Is it neat to have the evil option? Sure. Is it better than a new unique character? Nope.

+ iZalman007 on August 28th, 2012 at 1:18 pm said:

But… PlayStation All-Stars already had inFamous. Why is that the only franchise that’s getting TWO characters? They should all be equal in my opinion. Instead of Cole, you could’ve added Rayman, Lightning, Crash, or Spyro.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m really excited for this game… I just don’t get the point of Evil Cole.

+ IzoGray on August 28th, 2012 at 1:19 pm said:

I’m hopeful this didn’t take up a slot from a character from a different brand.
I like inFamous but it would be a waste.

Also, PLEASE include Kat from Gravity Rush.

+ cosmis_chaos on August 28th, 2012 at 1:19 pm said:

WHY are PlayStation people like this. It isn’t Cole with a new skin. He plays differently. If he played exactly the same THAT would be a waste. But he doesn’t. He plays differently. He has the fire, then electric cable to climb walls, the power of the Beast and the life drain which Good Cole does not have. I am sure SSB people didn’t b***h and cry as much as you guys when they had three Links and two Marios. Stop calling him a waste. He has a completely different fighting style.

+ boomstickbhg on August 28th, 2012 at 1:24 pm said:

Hey we get to have our opinions. You don’t agree that’s fine.

But many people would prefer a new character to a repeat with some different moves, particularly when there are so many Playstation based characters not yet in the game. At least if this counts as one of the limited number of characters we get instead of an alternate version that could work different, but use the same selection spot.

I LOVE the infamous games. But if having a 2nd Cole = 1 less other character, then it’s yet another dissapointing bit of news on this game. To me he’s a waste of space in that case. My opinion, my right.

+ mike1234flynn on August 28th, 2012 at 1:28 pm said:

Such a waste slot. We already have a cole, no need for another one.

+ megacarlos on August 28th, 2012 at 1:29 pm said:

MEGAMAN X hes the reason ive always chose playstation with mmx3,4,5,6,7,8 and command mission all on playstation one and two not to mention maverick hunter x and megaman x collection so plz MEGAMAN X!!!!!!!!!!!

+ guitarded77 on August 28th, 2012 at 1:29 pm said:

WoW!!! Thank’s for the LATE notice. Something I could actually attend, and you tell us way too late :/

+ MP_is_for_Chumps on August 28th, 2012 at 1:30 pm said:

Hey Superbot, I thought you guys were more concerned with helping 3rd party developers promote their new games?

+ xCh0z3n-0n3x on August 28th, 2012 at 1:31 pm said:

PEOPLE PEOPLE Evil Cole is a whole new character! NEW moves, NEW look, Different level powers…everthing looks like it will be completely different than Good Cole…it makes perfect sense to be added.

+ iiGeTMoNeY23 on August 28th, 2012 at 1:36 pm said:

Priorities Sony/Superbot, first are the most important first and third party characters to PlayStation, like Kratos, Sackboy, Crash, Snake, Spyro, etc and than anyone else who is popular or cool or you want in the game for whatever reason like Fat Princess and Big Daddy. I’m not saying they shouldn’t in the game but they aren’t priorities. And don’t even think about charging for characters after release, they should be free!

+ IzoGray on August 28th, 2012 at 2:04 pm said:

I’d love to see the
Sojourner from Journey
Kat from Gravity Rush
Sea Wasp from Gravity Rush :)
X or Zero from Mega Man X
Ryu from Breath of Fire IV
Fou Lou from Breath of Fire IV, We need more villains !

and of course Ethan Mars.

+ cosmis_chaos on August 28th, 2012 at 2:20 pm said:

@ MP_is_for_Chumps. I hope you weren’t trying to be clever. Because it’s not working. Two characters Big Daddy and Dante out of a whole bunch of PlayStation characters and that is all they are concerned about. Does anyone ever think before they write anymore. Or do you just say stuff with an empty head?

@ boomstickbhg. I never said that it wasn’t your opinion. But that doesn’t make it any more valid . He isn’t a waste of space. A waste of space would if he was Cole with exact same same powers and a just a different skin but his mechanics are not the same. His wall climb alone changes his advantages as opposed to Good Cole. We already have tons of characters both past and present so I can’t see why we can’t forgive a SINGLE ‘copy’ of a character. Do you also think Evil Cole was a waste in Infamous?

+ supermoc10 on August 28th, 2012 at 2:21 pm said:

He looks awesome but I’ll still play as Good Cole. Anyway, I hope he didn’t keep anyone else from getting in.

+ Apeman24 on August 28th, 2012 at 2:59 pm said:

Pre ordered in full. Hope it does not take other characters spots away when it could have been a costume change. lol neutral cole is next. jk jk

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on August 28th, 2012 at 3:55 pm said:

I JUST HOPE THAT CRASH..CLOUD, GABE LOGAN ..SOLID SNAKE AND NATHAN HALE MAKE IT TO THIS GAME..AND EVEN EMITT GRAVES FROM STARHAWK! WITH THOSE 6 PLAYSTATION ALLSTARS WILL BE A COMPLETE PLAYSTATION ALL STAR FIGHTING GAME..AND IF THEY ARE NOT ADDED NOW THEN HOPEFULLY LATER AS DLC!..ONLY THREE MONTHS AWAY!!

+ GeoStelar22 on August 28th, 2012 at 4:05 pm said:

I’ve been waiting for this.

+ Elvick_ on August 28th, 2012 at 5:01 pm said:

Waste of space. Should have pulled a Zelda/Sheik or Pokemon Trainer. This should not have been a seperate characters in the roster. I look forward to Drake from U1, Drake from U2, Kratos from GoW1, etc.

So dumb. One step forward, two steps back with this train wreck.

+ Elvick_ on August 28th, 2012 at 5:03 pm said:

@34:: Many people hated having the same character multiple times.

+ StrangeInStereo on August 28th, 2012 at 5:14 pm said:

Kat from Gravity Rush and/or Kazuma would make me buy this game, Clackwerk.

PAGE 1 2