Call of Duty Infinite Warfare

Sep 11

Sep 11

Let’s Fish! Hooked On Aims To Reel In PS Vita Gamers

Sean Walsh's Avatar Posted by Product Manager, Wired Productions

Being our first, exclusive, collaboration with Sony, we are extremely proud to bring you Let’s Fish! Hooked On, the first full-scale fishing game on PS Vita, coming this autumn. So, being given the opportunity to speak directly to real gamers, we decided to share the game’s first screenshots and artwork here.

Let's Fish! Hooked On for PS Vita

Let’s Fish! Hooked On, which was originally released in Japan, is developed by renowned Tokyo-based studio SIMS, whose games include SEGA Bass Fishing and PSP launch title Ape Escape. If you hadn’t guessed already, Let’s Fish! Hooked On also has beautifully illustrated anime style artwork – designed by well-known Japanese artist Poyoyon Rock (whose most recent character design artwork was used for the manga series The World God Only Knows).

The game combines realistic fishing action with fast arcade-style gameplay and comes complete with a full story mode, which aims to make fishing fun for everyone. Choosing between four different characters, each with their own storyline and unique skills, players are challenged to improve their skills and become World Champion by competing in a host of progressively more difficult tournaments on the World Tour.

The game is split into four different game modes: World Tour – with its character-driven storyline, Challenge – quick bursts of fishing action with online rankings, Training – to help develop your skills, and Underwater Mode, which lets you view your prized catches, all of which are designed to make use of PS Vita’s impressive features.

Let's Fish! Hooked On for PS VitaLet's Fish! Hooked On for PS Vita

The intertwining — and often humorous — relationships between the game’s characters drives the story, as you see just how much fun fishing can be using PS Vita’s touchscreen and rear touch pad.

For more hardcore fishing fans there are nine different kinds of fish to catch – including bass, trout and salmon – and 240 lures to earn across 11 themed outdoor stages, but the game’s arcade tendencies mean it’s fast and fun to play and has more than enough to keep you entertained, whether you know your Rainbow Trout from your King Salmon or not.

Lots more screenshots, artwork and videos will be released in the coming weeks, along with the game’s release date. In the meantime, follow us on Facebook and on Twitter for all the latest news and competitions.

We hope you’ll be hooked later this year! Thanks for your time. *Flips tail*

Add Your Own

NinjaMicWZ said:

September 11th, 8:06 am

Nice. The first few weeks after the Vita came out in the US here, I was always on amazon browsing for any kind of interesting accessories or upcoming games, and this was one of the games Japan already had that caught my eye (like Ragnarok Oddysee).

I love playing Hot Shots, and this style reminds me of that. Plus I haven’t played a fishing game since the Dreamcast, and they are pretty fun.

I will be buying this, for sure. Thanks for localizing it.

Sean Walsh's Avatar

Sean Walsh said:

September 11th, 9:42 am

Pleasure, glad you’re looking forward to it.

herbalsticky said:

September 11th, 8:12 am

Hmmmm. Japanese fishing. I’m not sure how you get realistic simulation And arcade style, all at once. Aren’t those two basically opposites?

Major_Hoare said:

September 11th, 8:15 am

Did we really need a screenshot of the presentation menu to illustrate this game? I’m going to reserve judgement but I do not have high hopes for this title based on what you’ve shown here and dammeet I really want a good fishing game on the Vita!

iriihutoR84 said:

September 11th, 8:16 am

Is this the same game as “Let’s Try Bass Fishing” in Japan? It’s cool that such a niche genre makes it to the states. Definitely interested but this autumn is already killing my wallet.

Will it be retail, download or both?

Sean Walsh's Avatar

Sean Walsh said:

September 11th, 9:46 am

It is.

Definitely a digital version, retail version to be announced…

Shinriji said:

September 11th, 8:34 am

Nice. There is plans to release more Vita games?

MarcoRelius said:

September 11th, 8:34 am

Im actually looking forward to this game

T3DV0L70L1N4 said:

September 11th, 8:36 am

It’s “the first full-scale fishing game on PS Vita”? SCALE!? FISH!? GET IT?!

No, I’m not getting it. I’m sorry, but this looks completely uninteresting. Sony, please stop wasting your time developing games like this, and start bringing some truly awesome experiences to the Vita. I spent a lot of money on this thing.

Reluctant-Hero said:

September 11th, 8:45 am

SEGA Bass Fishing?! Ape Escape?! Welp… I’m sold.

Any pricing details? $9.99 would great. And what about trophy support? Will this feature a platinum?

Sean Walsh's Avatar

Sean Walsh said:

September 12th, 2:37 am

Yes – Online features include Ranking and Trophies. There are many trophies to unlock and collect, including the Platinum trophy.

gus_xl said:

September 11th, 8:45 am

Nice. I love fishing games. Well, that and casino games.. If you could sell the fish, and spend the money at the casino, that would be the ultimate game. What was I talking about again? Oh ya..

Definitely be buying this.

Ryumoau said:

September 11th, 8:47 am

wow a fishing game…..yay…..
This will definetly save the Vita. :/

themajestic-2 said:

September 11th, 8:48 am

kano has a nick rack

ToKKeNbL00dMoNeY said:

September 11th, 8:51 am

looks cool but i find all japan style games are just a waste of money and time, they have no idea what a real game is… all their games are just really crappy graphics with a hint of crappy drawn little girls with over sized you know whats and cheesy arcade style gameplay. like i remember how popular Catherine was but i tried it and its was so pathetic i laughed for hours :P come on sony the vita has LOTS of potential so lets get it done with some great games that show off what it can really do.

Kanashimi said:

September 11th, 9:03 am

Wow, talk about a Vita game I didn’t expect to be released over here. Good on ya! I can’t wait to see more about it.

nikrel said:

September 11th, 9:12 am

Love fishing games will be a good time.
On other vita games can we get angry birds? My son loves to play it as do I one of the games i miss for quick fun.

Robbie_G_lrish said:

September 11th, 9:22 am

I used to play the crap out of Fisherman’s Bait: A Bass Challenge on PS1. I haven’t really played many fishing games since but this might actually be pretty cool for the Vita. I hope it’s good.

@12 Just stop commenting.

dallow said:

September 11th, 9:27 am

Oh wow, I almost imported this last week for $60 but went with something else. Thanks for bringing this over, and retail to boot. I hope you guys are able to add more trophies than the Japanese version.

Ryumoau said:

September 11th, 9:30 am

@16 how about you follow your own advice. :)

dallow said:

September 11th, 9:48 am

Oops, I was mistaken above. This game did have a Platinum trophy in Japan.

PRIMUS_420 said:

September 11th, 10:00 am

Well im usually pretty open minded when it comes to trying new games but THIS……Well ill just say its not my cup of tea.

UltimateDisco said:

September 11th, 10:10 am

I know it’s been asked a lot lately, but will we be hearing any news about Plus on Vita any time soon? I swear I thought I remember hearing that it was suppose to arrive early September.

lisatsunami said:

September 11th, 10:11 am

@13, you’re a token ray-cist jack*ss!

Ryumoau said:

September 11th, 10:25 am

@22, though i have no interest in this game i agree that they guy went overboard when he criticised the japanese people directly like that.

lisatsunami said:

September 11th, 10:46 am

@23, it’s the racial epithet. What’s next? The “N” word? I’m sure the blogs filters would catch that but apparently they’re not set to catch the epithet against the people who started Sony.

darkrchaos said:

September 11th, 12:21 pm

OMG I’m getting this game for my brother. He loves anime and loves fishing. He will flip when he gets this for Christmas.

polo155 said:

September 11th, 12:32 pm

yea lisa that token dude is a pos. im glad this came, i like these fun japan games…

thanks for bringing this sean and the crew… dont hessitate to bring more locations and new things for near as u travel too

polo155 said:

September 11th, 12:35 pm

ugh its not out here yet :(

nixice said:

September 11th, 1:00 pm

Good times — I’m not sure if a fishing game is my style of play (though the Vita’s play features could make for a pretty cool fishing game) but I’m always glad to see Japanese titles brought out to the rest of the world and we certainly need more of these niche-genres covered well on PSV. Good luck!

Illumina-XIV said:

September 11th, 1:11 pm

Looks great! As a big fan of the Hot Shots and Pangya/Super Swing series’, I’m always open for another quirky iteration of a favorite pastime. The fact that they got the illustrator from TWGOK is great imo. I love that series too, so it’s just extra incentive to pick this up. :)

gerneric123 said:

September 11th, 2:32 pm

Out of all the Japan-only Vita games, I never would’ve thought this one would come over, haha. I’m not complaining though. Depending on the price I may join in.

Elvick_ said:

September 11th, 3:21 pm

I knew people would complain. Never fails. Games aren’t made for the sole purpose to appeal to one person. Not everything will appeal to you, that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be made.

People complain about “no games” ignoring all the upcoming games, and complain when another is shown. Then they forget it in five minutes and complain about “no games” again. smh, gotta toss away reality and common sense to roll with that derp frame of mind.

RenderMonk said:

September 11th, 3:23 pm

I was looking at the Japanese version back when I first got the Vita in February, and was wondering why in the world this wasn’t being released in the US yet? It’s perfect for the handheld, and even though the features haven’t been explained yet, I can imagine that they fit the Vita perfectly. Very excited to pick this one up. Will be keeping an ear out for the release date to come. Thanks for the info!!

techoverride said:

September 11th, 4:04 pm

Looks like this one will be added to my wishlist of ps vita games! It’ll definitely be worth a check out. Will we be getting a demo first?

Sean Walsh's Avatar

Sean Walsh said:

September 12th, 2:44 am

No confirmation on a demo, as yet, lots of videos, screens, interviews and more, will be released over the coming weeks.

Twitter @LetsFishGame or facebook.com/LetsFishGame for all updates – thanks guys!

Ryumoau said:

September 12th, 10:45 am

@31 And i knew you would come to make another meaningless post. So all is right in this predictable world. :)

Fivior_the_5th said:

September 12th, 10:25 pm

This looks awesome and unfortunately good games have been slim pickings on the Vita since I got it, the only game I have is Gravity Rush.

Will certainly be getting this, I just hope you don’t westernize it as the anime art style is part of it’s appeal.