PS4-Watch_Dogs

PlayStation Plus on PS Vita Gets Timing, Set to Launch with Instant Game Collection

Brandon Stander's Avatar + Posted by Brandon Stander on Sep 18, 2012 // Director of Marketing, PlayStation Network

We announced back at Gamescom that PlayStation Plus would be coming to PlayStation Vita (PS Vita), and today we’re pleased to announce that our premium game membership will make its debut on PS Vita in November, providing an Instant Game Collection to PS Vita owners along with the same features that many of you already enjoy for PlayStation 3 (PS3).

If you’re already a PlayStation Plus member on PS3, you’re in luck—you will automatically be able to also enjoy all the PlayStation Plus features for your PS Vita at no extra cost.

PlayStation Plus features for PS Vita available in November will include:

• Instant Game Collection: Unlimited access to a regularly refreshed selection of the full versions of games as long as your membership is active.
  • Discounts: Take advantage of exclusive discounts on games and DLC for your PS Vita.
  • Online Game Storage: An additional 1GB of online storage for game saves for PS Vita games and downloaded content.
  • Automatic Updates: PS Vita will automatically start up at a designated time to download and install select game demos and game updates as well as system software updates and start standby mode upon completion.
  • Automatic Trophy sync: Trophy information will be synched to PSN servers automatically via the PS Vita.

If you don’t yet own a PS Vita, there has never been a better time to invest in the most powerful portable entertainment system. In addition to the Instant Game Collection you will be able to tap into through PlayStation Plus, PS Vita also has an arsenal of great and innovative games, like the recent hit Sound Shapes, not to mention some of the hottest upcoming titles like Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation, Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified and LittleBigPlanet PS Vita.

So tell us–What PlayStation Plus feature are you most looking forward to taking advantage of on your PS Vita?

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ Gorvi on September 18th, 2012 at 9:37 pm said:

Awesome news. Will the updates be as regular as the PS3 updates?

Brandon Stander's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on September 19th, 2012 at 10:06 am said:

The goal is to get new content in Plus for PS Vita as frequently as possible. We’ll have more information on what to expect as we go forward.

+ Pildoring on September 18th, 2012 at 9:39 pm said:

awesome news i been waiting for this since E3, keep up the good job. Loving my Vita every day

+ MakoSOLIDER on September 18th, 2012 at 9:40 pm said:

ONLINE GAME STORAGE! Because someone forgot to make a save data utility for Vita games! Thank you!

+ wakingthedead17 on September 18th, 2012 at 9:40 pm said:

I could not be more excited about this! Any hints on what we might see in the Instant Game Collection when this launches? I’m assuming Escape Plan will be in there because it’s a great Vita showcase game, but I’m hoping there will be something for those of us that already have Escape Plan.

+ DopeMunky3 on September 18th, 2012 at 9:41 pm said:

This Is What I Wanted To Hear! I Can’T Wait. Why Can’t it be tomorrow?

+ Chaoz on September 18th, 2012 at 9:41 pm said:

Amazing just amazing! Sony FTW!

+ GhostMachine1 on September 18th, 2012 at 9:42 pm said:

cannot wait for exclusive demos! :D

+ yazter on September 18th, 2012 at 9:44 pm said:

Yayyyy <3

+ Emerald_Swords on September 18th, 2012 at 9:44 pm said:

SWEEET!!

+ acwey on September 18th, 2012 at 9:46 pm said:

Awesome News. Good Job guys!!!

+ proskatercam on September 18th, 2012 at 9:46 pm said:

Thank you for the ability to have save back-ups on the Vita in this aspect.

+ ShadowFox014 on September 18th, 2012 at 9:46 pm said:

You guys never disappoint :3 I can’t wait to see where this goes for the Vita! I would love to see some PSN releases make their way to the Vita (Fat Princess and Tokyo Jungle on the go, I mean, that’d be awesome!) but that may seem unlikely :P Still, with an instant-game collection and PS+ discounts, the handheld’s lookin’ better already! ^.^

+ vanwinkle on September 18th, 2012 at 9:46 pm said:

Can’t wait.

+ mr_chun on September 18th, 2012 at 9:47 pm said:

Additional gig of cloud storage? As in, a gig for my PS3 and a separate gig for my Vita? Sweet, if so. Does this mean that Vita saves will be handled differently now? I like how the PSP and PS3 had folders with saves that could be easily backed up and moved around. Wish we had that on the Vita as well.

Brandon Stander's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on September 19th, 2012 at 10:07 am said:

Yep! 1GB for Vita and 1GB for PS3 :) I don’t think the saves will be handled differently though. Would need to check on that.

+ killa1b91 on September 18th, 2012 at 9:47 pm said:

For real, this is awesome! It’s about time! I couldn’t send my saves to ps3 before deleting an app so i had to start ALL over. Which sucks, believe me. aaaaaaaaand free VITA games? PLUS PLUS PLUS

+ Xcaligamer1 on September 18th, 2012 at 9:47 pm said:

yes please

+ wakingthedead17 on September 18th, 2012 at 9:48 pm said:

Does the 1 GB of online storage mean we’d be able to upload a save game for say, Uncharted, delete the digital version of the game off of our Vita, reinstall it at a later date and then pull the save back off the Cloud? Right now there’s no way to back up a save file and delete a game without having to back up the ENTIRE GAME. Being able to back it up and redownload later from the Cloud would save me a lot of space on my memory card.

+ AceOfSpades725 on September 18th, 2012 at 9:48 pm said:

Very exciting!

+ Jakintosh on September 18th, 2012 at 9:48 pm said:

And Sony delivers 100% on Vita PS+. There is no doubt I’ll be re-subbing next week.

+ Mike0804 on September 18th, 2012 at 9:49 pm said:

Now, if I only had room for bubbles on home screen pages for instant collection games… A firmware update with either the ability to add more pages or use folders is badly needed.

+ BanzaiHeil on September 18th, 2012 at 9:49 pm said:

“There is a new mandatory update (1.81) for you Vita owners. It’s for software stability and hack prevention.”

There bloggers, I just did your job for you.

+ QuantumMercury on September 18th, 2012 at 9:50 pm said:

Finally! Glad to see a consolidation of Sony products and services here. This is the way to win over loyal and long term consumers! Keep it coming!

+ Jesszman on September 18th, 2012 at 9:50 pm said:

Will the Instant Game Collection on the Vita include just Vita games, or PSP games as well?

Brandon Stander's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on September 19th, 2012 at 10:08 am said:

We’re looking at what the best mix of games is for PS Vita Plus. We’ll have more details on what this looks like exactly leading up to launch, but you can bet that you’ll always have something to play on your PS Vita with Plus.

+ D_Flame94 on September 18th, 2012 at 9:50 pm said:

awesome i cant wait

+ wakingthedead17 on September 18th, 2012 at 9:51 pm said:

@23, good question. Makes me wonder though if the Instant Game Collection might ONLY be for PSP and PS1 games…that would be a huge let down. We want full Vita experiences in the Collection Sony, don’t let us down!

+ CanadianFuzzy on September 18th, 2012 at 9:52 pm said:

How many games will be included in the IGC and which platforms will it include (Vita, PSP, PS1)?

Brandon Stander's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on September 19th, 2012 at 10:09 am said:

There’s no definite number determined on this yet, but the Instant Game Collection, is called a collection for a reason, lots of games! So we’ll be looking to continue the spirit of this offering on PS Vita.

+ blackiemist88 on September 18th, 2012 at 9:55 pm said:

This is awesome to hear can’t wait till November….few questions tho… what happened to warriors lair and is it going to be shown this weekend? And two are there any ps all stars beta out now?

+ Sephir007 on September 18th, 2012 at 9:55 pm said:

Wow I cannot be happier, really PlayStation offers always the best value for gamers, unlike other companies (ejem MS)

Thank you!

+ guitarded77 on September 18th, 2012 at 9:56 pm said:

This is good news.

Note: Next year, stream TGS presser on the blog with a translation please. There is a lot of news going on at the Sony presser (I’m watching it), but I don’t understand Japanese.

+ Kchow23 on September 18th, 2012 at 9:56 pm said:

Awesome hopefully the offerings for PS Vita are worthwhile and more robust. Is Automatic Trophy Sync also at a designated time or will it be synced right away?

Brandon Stander's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on September 19th, 2012 at 10:09 am said:

More than likely, it will be a set time that you determine; similar to PS3.

Brandon Stander's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on September 19th, 2012 at 10:10 am said:

It works the same as on PS3, so you’ll be setting a time for the system to sync to the servers.

+ MrBeatdown on September 18th, 2012 at 9:59 pm said:

Sounds awesome, assuming that Vita instant game collection doesn’t cut into the PS3 IGC.

I’m going to put this out there just in case… I hope any Vita PS+ content will be accessible to those without a Vita.

I want a Vita. I plan to get one at some point. I don’t know if it will be by November though. Maybe Black Friday, or after Christmas.

I hope that in the meantime, I can download Vita content (or at least get it added to my download list) via my PS3 and save it for when I do get a Vita.

Brandon Stander's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on September 19th, 2012 at 10:11 am said:

Theoretically, this should be possible. You can download content on the PS3 Store for PS Vita, and then side load it to your Vita at a time of your choosing.

+ xaos on September 18th, 2012 at 10:00 pm said:

Extremely rad; one less thing for the naysayers to pout about. Looks like a winner to me!

Great to get the same sort of auto update and instant game collection features on my Vita as well :)

+ guitarded77 on September 18th, 2012 at 10:02 pm said:

Please tell us Vahalla Knights is coming to the US. That game looks awesome, and Vita needs some JRPGs.

+ cnada401 on September 18th, 2012 at 10:02 pm said:

Let’s just watch how SCEA screws this up like they screw everything else up.I’m pretty sure they will.
No wake up club, i guess since half the nation is unemployed , who needs to wake up on time.
No ecolibrium since half the nation can’t afford to buy food , they can do real gardening and farming.
SCEA you doing a great job in making less playstation fans. Give yourself a pat on the shoulder pad.

+ wakingthedead17 on September 18th, 2012 at 10:05 pm said:

@34, I was wondering when the trolls were going to show up.

+ KazeEternal on September 18th, 2012 at 10:06 pm said:

If it gets me a free Copy of SFxT to go with my PS3 version of the game that I’ve already purchased the new character DLC for then I’m happy, otherwise I’m most excited about clouding my saves.

+ LitheArt on September 18th, 2012 at 10:08 pm said:

Now all that’s left is to convince Square Enix to release Final Fantasy Type 0 to North America or push some new jRPGS and make the menu look like something else than a 5 years old kid drawing— and I’ll buy your PS Vita.

All of these “new exciting features” were all part of what the Vita should have been day 1. PS1 games, remote play, ps3 controller, PS+, controlling menu with something else than my dirty fingers…. Why did you release it 6 months ago if it’s not even ready until November?
This is why I always buy late.

But good work with Playstation Plus. I can’t say anything wrong about it. Love it.

+ dodgedoors on September 18th, 2012 at 10:08 pm said:

My pants just got tighter. But seriously I’m psyched. Just can’t wait for November. I hope the IGC doesn’t have games I own but I’ll just be happy with full support.

+ Jak23ft on September 18th, 2012 at 10:10 pm said:

This is great news! I hope we hear what the free games will be soon, I don’t want to buy anything I’ll be getting for free.

+ androvsky on September 18th, 2012 at 10:11 pm said:

This all sounds good, but is there any chance we could have cloud saves for PS1 games between PS3 and Vita? I do play them on both platforms, would make life easier.

+ El_Maximo-Lider on September 18th, 2012 at 10:13 pm said:

Sony, shut up and take my money!!! 1 question though, how will you insert a bluray?

+ wakingthedead17 on September 18th, 2012 at 10:14 pm said:

@41, what are you talking about?

+ cnada401 on September 18th, 2012 at 10:14 pm said:

@35 I was wondering the same thing too and then you showed up quick, never fails.Sony botzy boys.

+ Astro411 on September 18th, 2012 at 10:18 pm said:

I’m totally FREAKING OUT right now.

Thank you so much for this great news, November can’t come soon enough.

WOOOHOOOO!!!!!

+ spideyal on September 18th, 2012 at 10:21 pm said:

@34

Almost everything you said has nothing to do with Sony, or Playstation. You pretty much just seem to be complaining about political mumbo-jumbo and the not-so-good state of your country.

When in fact it’s little things like this that really help those who want to enjoy entertainment pieces like gaming without having to spend too much money. Playstation Plus allows those low on funds to get games for $50 a year. As opposed to being forced to BUY every single game ever like the competitors. Nice try troll.

I hope Sony actually pats themselves on the back, since they truly deserve it for giving gamers such an amazing opportunity like PS+. It may not be perfect, or everything we dreamed, but they can’t satisfy everyone.

On a lighter, more relevant note:
Awesome! I can’t wait to see what Plus has in store for the Vita. Which reminds me… I need to add a few more years to my sub again…

+ moonbeam1 on September 18th, 2012 at 10:25 pm said:

Great news

+ cnada401 on September 18th, 2012 at 10:32 pm said:

@45 First of all my comment was addressed @SCEA not at you bumbaphuk .My comment is valid just like
the comparison between scea and scee plus offerings.The only real trolls on ths blog are people like You,
who for some pathetic reason have something to say about the consumer who posts some criticism against
sony of america.Like the old saying goes .Those who stand for nothing, fall for everything.

+ snakeeyes211 on September 18th, 2012 at 10:44 pm said:

Amazing news can’t wait for it to happen. Tgs!!!!

+ freshprincepbg on September 18th, 2012 at 10:44 pm said:

Only good news to come from the conference, still dont know if i should buy a vita

+ Elvick_ on September 18th, 2012 at 10:44 pm said:

Wait, so do the trophies sync upon unlock then? Or like on the PS3, during the auto-update stuff?

Oh you guys need to really update the Facebook Trophy integration to support the Timeline. It’s just spammy now. Especially if you sync daily with PS+ or look at your PS Vita trophy list a lot while playing PS Vita games. Since it syncs automatically when you go in there, cancelling seems pointless since it’s fast enough.

PAGE 1 2 3 4