PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

New Little King’s Story Enhanced for PS Vita, Out on PSN Tuesday

Takanori Murayama's Avatar + Posted by Takanori Murayama on Sep 27, 2012 // Assistant Producer, Konami

Little King’s Story is back and better than ever – now on PlayStation Vita. Featuring a brand new storyline and online functionality, New Little King’s Story offers players a royal role playing game with enhanced PS Vita system graphics and features.

New Little King’s Story follows players as they assume the role of King Corobo, tasked with reclaiming his kingdom from the Devil King, “The Nightmare.” Players will experience an incredible journey as they visit seven different kingdoms and battle against evil dark lords that have captured the royal princesses. As King, gamers will need to lead their Royal Guard in every grand battle, and plan attacks wisely as they grow their populations and broaden their territories.

New Little King's Story on PS VitaNew Little King's Story on PS Vita

The new PS Vita version will allow players to engage more deeply with their fellow characters, compared to the highly popular Wii version of the game. All characters have experience points, and fighting as a group will help them grow. By changing accessories freely, a player can dress up their troops as they like. It is also possible to banish characters whom the players dislike from their country, then welcome a new character into the group.

Players can embark on adventures with princesses, who can support the player with their magical abilities. By using a particular princess’ skill, players can catch monsters and turn them into companions. These new allies can be brought along and fight in battles — they’ll grow too.

New Little King's Story on PS Vita

We decided to put the game on PS Vita for many reasons. Using the touch-panel improves the game dramatically. The Wii version used only the buttons for controls, and could be difficult to play. By using PS Vita’s touch-panel, the player can scout more than a dozen citizens all at once. The high resolution graphics let the player see many characters at once, as well.

Last but not least, PSN gives players easy access to new avatars and other items. We wanted players to have fun customizing their characters, so giving players the option to purchase additional items was an obvious choice.

We hope you enjoy the game!

54 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ C_Dalke on September 27th, 2012 at 4:09 pm said:

I’m interested, but I need to know what the price will be before I make a decision on it.

+ Kanashimi on September 27th, 2012 at 4:09 pm said:

I’ve been waiting for this since I purchased my Vita on day one. I can’t wait! Kind of a random question, but are we aware of the size of the game? I’m only rockin’ an 8GB card right now.

+ camiwaits_us on September 27th, 2012 at 4:14 pm said:

This sounds good. I enjoyed the Wii version, but thought it was a missed oportunity by not using the wiimote and its on screen pointer to control it.

+ guitarded77 on September 27th, 2012 at 4:17 pm said:

Really interested, but…

1. How much $$$?

2. Install size?

3. Why no physical retail version?

4. PS+ discount?

+ NinjaMicWZ on September 27th, 2012 at 4:19 pm said:

Ah, no wonder Amazon’s item page for this game is blank. It’s digital only?

I guess that makes sense for xseed print runs and for Vita sales. Sometimes it seems redundant to have really low-MB games on physical media (ie: Touch My Katamari, or Sumioni’s JPN release), but I’m even getting down to 8000 MB left on my 32GB card and I try to buy anything I can on physical media.

I was annoyed when Escape Plan’s file size got really huge with DLC, especially when I only had an 8GB card. Oh well. I ain’t mad atcha, either way. Buying this, 100% for sure. Thanks for localizing!

P.S. someone tell Sony to drastically drop prices on memory cards and bring out a 64GB one at $50 for me.

+ Malice_Mizer on September 27th, 2012 at 4:21 pm said:

This game is like 40 euros overseas, so it’ll probably be $40 over here. I saw the Japanese version’s digital size and it was like around 800 megs so keep that in mind.

+ reysol981 on September 27th, 2012 at 4:21 pm said:

I haven’t played (or really heard much about) the original, but it definitely looks better then the original. New storyline? I thought it was a remake?

+ Valde_zerocool on September 27th, 2012 at 4:33 pm said:

Can’t wait for this and Ragnarok Odyessey. I’ve been waiting for an RPG on the Vita that I was interested in. What style of combat does this game have? What would it be compared to?

+ hungcanh19 on September 27th, 2012 at 4:34 pm said:

Will buy. Off topic, any news about Ragnarok Odyssey release date, thanks.

+ Ryumoau on September 27th, 2012 at 4:42 pm said:

looks good for a budget game. Would get it if its $19.99.

+ NHDrumline17 on September 27th, 2012 at 4:52 pm said:

Is this the same game as the Wii version?

+ Hogwild333 on September 27th, 2012 at 5:07 pm said:

Can you tell us more about the online functionality? Is there any sort of co-op?

+ Elvick_ on September 27th, 2012 at 5:22 pm said:

I’m just going to pay more and import the game.

@11 Dude, read. “All new story…” in the first paragraph.

+ cfountain on September 27th, 2012 at 5:41 pm said:

if it was $19.99 I’d buy day one but its the price of a normal Vita game that comes with both a Physical and DD.

I’ll cop once there is a price drop. I was really looking forward to it but if it’s going to be DD only, they have to price it accordingly with other DD only titles.

+ R_a_z_i_e_l on September 27th, 2012 at 6:13 pm said:

On the AUS Store

New Little King’s Story
Price: $54.95

God Sony sucks at pricing. Annoying how average their PSN pricing is, so they don’t undercut Retail Sellers, and so people buy PSN+.

+ Elvick_ on September 27th, 2012 at 6:31 pm said:

@15: Sony didn’t price the game.

+ AwRy108 on September 27th, 2012 at 6:53 pm said:

Note to all the previous posters: if the price was reasonable, it would’ve been mentioned in the blog entry; in other words, expect it to be either $30 or–even worse–$40.

Also, according to the several UK review sources out there, the game makes very poor use of the Vita’s touch capability, despite what this blog entry says.

+ AbstractChaos on September 27th, 2012 at 7:19 pm said:

The price is €39.99 in Europe, and the size is <800MB.

+ AwRy108 on September 27th, 2012 at 7:34 pm said:

Extremely interested in this, but no way am I spending $40 on a digital-only handheld game. $30, maybe; but $40, no way.

+ Reluctant-Hero on September 27th, 2012 at 8:22 pm said:

It annoys me no end when publishers post about their new game, yet fail to provide the price.

+ mckg123456789 on September 27th, 2012 at 8:33 pm said:

Def getting this game! cannot wait ! :D

+ mckg123456789 on September 27th, 2012 at 8:34 pm said:

PS: PRICE PLEASE !

+ mckg123456789 on September 27th, 2012 at 8:41 pm said:

Although make the price reasonable ! no more than 20-25$. Need to save my money for Ragnarok Odyssey and Persona 4(got the super limited addition !)

+ interaramo on September 27th, 2012 at 8:41 pm said:

This…. LOOKS… GREAT!!! I’m super excited! New Little King’s Story, here I come!

+ Axecution on September 27th, 2012 at 9:33 pm said:

This could easily run on my Nexus 7 for 5 dollars. -.-\

Sony man… Step your game up.
I’m gonna pick up LBP Vita when i get the money but, my god, you need some AAA games that show off what the system can do, other than WipEout, Uncharted, and Gravity Rush.
This could be a REALLY good game, but, like i said, i have GameLoft games that cost me 99 cents on my tablet that look better than this and give me a large amount of hours worth of gameplay.

+ LionFranco on September 27th, 2012 at 10:36 pm said:

@25 Gameloft games are not 99 cents, unless it is crap. And this is not a tablet game and won’t be priced as such, get a clue.

+ PrinceofXIII on September 27th, 2012 at 11:53 pm said:

looks awesome O_O

+ PigChampion on September 28th, 2012 at 12:50 am said:

This looks fantastic, and Tuesday can’t come soon enough. That said.. If you could answer some of the questions others have posed in these comments, it would be appreciated.

Download size?
Cost?
What kinds of DLC will there be?
How does this compare in scope to the original?
Rough estimate of play length?

Thank you, looking forward to the game and I looooveeeed the first one!

+ Elvick_ on September 28th, 2012 at 4:53 am said:

@25: lol… then stick to mobile gaming and get outta here.

People like you are why I get a bad taste in my mouth whenever I support any mobile game.

The devaluation of video games is ridiculous.

+ RidleysBox on September 28th, 2012 at 5:46 am said:

@ price people: This title was a full release in Japan, so expect at least a $39.95 price here.

@ konami: “New Little King Story” for the NA title? really? the original titles sounds a lot better. “The King, The Demon King and the 7 Princesses: New King Story”.

+ RidleysBox on September 28th, 2012 at 5:50 am said:

@28: DL size is 807MB, unless xseed’s compression is a lot worse than konami’s. Decent amount of DLC for character types.

+ AteOff_Hitlure on September 28th, 2012 at 7:14 am said:

Hey Sony…after spending $40 on dumpster fodder such as army corps of hell or Lego batman 2? I believe as a consumer I have the right to trade in such crap games and purchase less crappy games, used if possible. Why screw over you’re customers by having them buy online passes after already bending them over once and shoveling crappy vita titles up their (I won’t say such area in which you shovel them). This is unfair to Sony gamers and stores such as GS that only help the growth of you’re products and this horrible injustice should be aborted. At least make online passes free for plus members (wink wink) CUT THE CRAP SONY!!

+ JackBauer02 on September 28th, 2012 at 8:13 am said:

Cannot wait for this – regardless of price and format. The original was one of my favorites on Wii!

+ Ryumoau on September 28th, 2012 at 8:22 am said:

@30 lol no offense, but i’m getting sick of the ‘it was full price in japan’ excuse for all these overpriced games coming here.
Games like Legasista or WotS4 being full price there doesn’t justify its low budget quality being charged so high here. In fact, knowing it was full price just means Japanese gamers were ripped off to begin with.

+ CatatonicAlex on September 28th, 2012 at 9:32 am said:

I REALLY want this game, but I have to wait for the reviews. The user review for the JPN version mentioned that the game experiences several slowdowns.
Japanese gamers were given a physical release of the game but they also pay twice as much as we do. Insane.

+ hanajimasohma on September 28th, 2012 at 9:44 am said:

honestly, there is more whining on this blog than even my rotten teenagers can produce. I am completely stoked to play this on my vita instead of my 3ds, no matter the price or size.

+ duke301 on September 28th, 2012 at 4:16 pm said:

Now this is exactly the treatment that Final Fantasy III should have been given. You would think that Final Fantasy, being the popular series that it is, would get more than a simple release for a dead system, and it isn’t even Vita compatible. With that being said, could someone please tell me why this virtual unknown game gets an official Vita release with new graphics, but the tried and true Final Fantasy gets nothing? I fail to see the logic behind these decisions.

+ Zephram on September 28th, 2012 at 7:37 pm said:

Has anyone at Konami thought about making a sequel to Azure Dreams? One randomly generated tower and one upgradable town would translate into relatively low development costs. The monster familiar fusion system was well thought out, the dating sim was entertaining, and adding new buildings(with minigames) to the town was alot of fun.

+ Elvick_ on September 28th, 2012 at 7:37 pm said:

@37 because Square doesn’t care about Final Fantasy 3, and the PSP isn’t dead in Japan. And they are Japanese.

And people are stupid enough to buy the lazy DS game port.

+ xrobertojr on September 29th, 2012 at 1:39 am said:

will there be a physical copy??? or is it only up for digital :(? i dont like purchasing digital copies =…=

+ avluis on September 29th, 2012 at 4:05 am said:

I would had love this if it was coming retail and not digital only, now I need to consider what to delete on my system, or wait for a price drop on the memory card. Only time will tell, and only digital sales will help you~

+ RidleysBox on September 29th, 2012 at 4:05 am said:

@40 Looks like its digital only. Amazon only shows the old Wii version and they tend to have pages months in advance for releases. I would of bought this too, but since I can not buy NA digital downloads for my vita, there is another sale lost for konami due to PSN only releases.

+ N1ntendo on September 29th, 2012 at 10:59 am said:

Another digital only release. -_-

And Sony is complexed why developers don’t want to develop for the Vita. Is it because you give retail releases to fan favorite games overseas but give us digital only in the US?

R.I.P. Vita 2012-2012

It had a good run as my Uncharted game machine, they should just make a Vita GO that runs all the PS1 games and sell it cheaper. Somebody PLEASE give me 5 games that are sure to be system sellers.

+ J5xavier on September 29th, 2012 at 12:51 pm said:

im not gonna pay anymore then $20 for this game.
it looks like $20 game

+ Nedrith on September 30th, 2012 at 11:25 pm said:

The game might look like it’s not good but the WII version was rather highly rated by people who played it. So much so that when I was searching a few Top 10 and 25 lists when trying to find a game to play on the WII it was mentioned a few times and I got around to playing it. With the improvements they are making it will be worth the 30-40 dollars.

Stop complaining about the price and support the companies who are making games that challenge the normal genres. Graphics aren’t everything. If anything the graphics support the type of game it is.

+ Lyzert on October 1st, 2012 at 11:27 am said:

Looks great, but the price hmm

+ Maverick81PL on October 1st, 2012 at 11:13 pm said:

Games is awesome!… But…

All trophies are in japanese :/
And if you have more that 6-8 soldiers game slow down, it’s playable but in slow motion :/
All online rankings not working :(

Waiting for patch!

+ Wan110 on October 2nd, 2012 at 11:52 am said:

I can’t seem to find it on PSN from my Vita D:

+ xrobertojr on October 2nd, 2012 at 12:21 pm said:

idk if this game is worth 40bucks, SOMEONE HELP ME DECIDE LOL :O!!

+ Ryumoau on October 2nd, 2012 at 2:20 pm said:

@49 no its not worth it. Save that money for Persona 4 or even a PS3 game.

PAGE 1 2