PS4 - Transistor

PlayStation Mobile Launches Today With Super Crate Box, Loot the Land and More

Chris Mahoney's Avatar + Posted by Chris Mahoney on Oct 03, 2012 // Director of Emerging Platforms, SCEA

Need more information on PlayStation Mobile? Want to know more about supported tablets and phones? Head here.

PlayStation Mobile Header

As you may remember from our previous post about PlayStation Mobile, PlayStation’s brand new mobile games platform for select mobile devices has been in the works, and you can try it out yourselves starting today! PlayStation Mobile allows you to get PlayStation-like experiences on a variety of platforms such as PS Vita and PlayStation Certified devices such as select Android phones and a variety of tablets. Downloading content, including games, on PlayStation Mobile is easy for gamers with a SEN account. Simply use your PSN Wallet to purchase PlayStation Mobile content.

PlayStation Mobile: Super Crate Box

While we’ll be constantly expanding our content offerings for the platform, we’re excited for you to check out our initial line-up of launch titles, including Loot The Land, Beats Slider, and Super Crate Box. Let us know which titles are your favorites.

For PS Vita users, as long as you have Internet access, you can use your PSN Wallet to download the full range of PlayStation Mobile content. Simply visit the PlayStation Mobile section within the PlayStation Store on PS Vita and take your pick from the list of available titles. If you purchased PlayStation Mobile content on another PlayStation Certified device, go to [Options] > [Download List] to select the title and download it directly to your PS Vita. With PlayStation Mobile, PS Vita owners are getting yet another way to access PlayStation content on the go!

PlayStation Mobile: Loot the LandPlayStation Mobile: BeatsSlider

For owners of select PlayStation Certified Sony smartphones and tablets powered by Android, you can find instructions to access PlayStation Mobile content here.

Here at PlayStation, we’re always looking for ways to improve your PlayStation gaming experiences, and we can’t wait for you to get up and running on PlayStation Mobile so we can hear your feedback. Be sure to check out PlayStation Mobile starting today, and let us know what you think in the comments and in the official PlayStation community forums.

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Butters360 on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:10 am said:

I’ve been waiting for this for a long time. I’ve been buying PlayStation Mobile games since last night. Loving Samurai Beatdown!

+ igsrok on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:11 am said:

Sweet ! More content for the vita is never a bad thing. Hopefully we can see done of these games as instant downloads for ps vita plus? ;)

+ G-Force08 on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:12 am said:

Launched last night actually. =p

I already downloaded four titles from the PS Mobile section of the Vita store. Loving them. I think this could be a huge opportunity for Sony. Hoping to see where this takes them. I hope more pubs and devs take advantage of this.

+ RE_Player on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:15 am said:

Samurai Beatdown is fun.

+ WorcesterRaider on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:16 am said:

This is awesome! I am currently charging my Vita in preparation for the downloads!

I know Sony is looking into trophies for PSM. Is there a time table for this? It would be HUUUGE for PSM games to have that function.

PSNStores.com has been doing an awesome job of coverage on PSM games as well.

Chris Mahoney's Avatar

+ Paul Sullivan on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:26 am said:

Hey Guys! I’m here with Chris Mahoney and he want to thank you guys for the comments. Clearly you’re as passionate about this initiative as we are! We’re very excited to have this new game platform live, and your feedback is a key part of PlayStation Mobile’s on-going development. So, please keep the thoughts and encouragement coming!

+ remanutd5 on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:17 am said:

Trophy Support and more psn integration thank you.

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:17 am said:

This will be a good way to spend a few extra bucks in case I’m still slightly short of the $100 by the end of October. Hopefully there will be some decent games in the mix.

I think this is a great opportunity for the Vita to continue to entertain gamers in between bigger releases, but they won’t substitute high-quality console-worthy games that we were promised on Vita.

+ detictiveconan on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:17 am said:

Just to be sure, Buying Mobile games from the Vita store will count towards the spend $100 get back $20 promotion right?

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:22 am said:

@8 – Yes. Any funds you spend through your PSN Wallet will count towards the $100.

+ Enforcer_X on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:24 am said:

This is WAY too late for the Xperia Play, I already upgraded to a Galaxy Nexus. Would have liked to get an Xperia Play 2 but not sure what Sony is doing.

Anyway, glad this is finally out, it is my hope that Nexus devices can be certified and the DualShock 3 can be paired via Bluetooth.

Curious if this works on rooted devices with an unlocked bootloader?

Chris Mahoney's Avatar

+ Paul Sullivan on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:32 am said:

Hey Enforcer_X,

Here’s a handy link: http://us.playstation.com/playstationmobile/

You can check back on that site regularly to see what new devices are available. We’re aggressively seeking to expand the list of PlayStation Certified devices. More soon!

+ Ramski34 on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:24 am said:

Wow

+ gamer_316 on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:25 am said:

Do PlayStation Mobile games support trophies?

+ MarinoBrea on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:26 am said:

This is great. Eventually, I expect to see PSone, PS2, PS3 and PS4 titles, either downloadable or fed through the cloud. I know that will take a while, but I can see it starting in the near future with previous gen PlayStation games, PSP games, and some PSN PS3/Vita games. The goal should be having as many PlayStation experiences as many available on the go on a wide range of devices, this is the future of gaming and PlayStation starting right here.

+ attilag78 on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:27 am said:

Love the idea but I need racing games – and add trophy support asap please!

+ remanutd5 on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:28 am said:

@ Enforcer_X yea i have the new Samsung Galaxy S3 but i kinda like the latest sony xperia phone, if they some somehow can compete with Samsung over the best phone on android and if the phone comes with more psn/ps4/psvita integration then sony will get my next phone purchase for sure.

+ gexillion on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:30 am said:

When are trophies coming?

+ itsJose on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:31 am said:

I havent been able to look at it. but lets get God of War Betrayal on there and make the Share idea an idea in action already.

+ Hero_of_Lgnd on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:32 am said:

Already downloaded Super Crate Box, and loving it!

Very excited about the potential that PS Mobile has, ive got a question though, how often will it update? and will there be coverage of the updates here? thanks!

Chris Mahoney's Avatar

+ Paul Sullivan on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:38 am said:

Hero_of_Lgnd,

Glad to hear you’re loving Super Crate Box. Great question about the update cycle. We’ve got an ongoing roadmap for content and features for PlayStation Mobile. No specifics at this time, but stay tuned for announcements on the blog and the official PlayStation Mobile website.

+ gexillion on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:32 am said:

and when are more phone’s going to be supported? also i would love to buy a sony phone, when are you going to make them work on verizon’s network?

+ Chaoz on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:35 am said:

Very excited going to check this out immediately! Hopefully we will get trophies and the call of duty zombies game that was announced awhile back! Number 1 Entertainment company is at it again! Delivering fresh ideas to there platforms! Thank you Sony!

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:37 am said:

Super Crate Box is $1.99 on iOS, why is it $3.49 here?

Also, trophy support, leaderboards, multiplayer, and more psn integration needs to be there today.

Remove the $5 dollar minimum on the store, I can buy and charge $.99 on itunes, why can’t I do that here?

Xperia phones subsidized on Sprint network please.

+ kivi95 on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:38 am said:

What a lame launch post for PSmobile…

You could atleast have had a list of what games that are available.

Chris Mahoney's Avatar

+ Paul Sullivan on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:45 am said:

kivi95,

We’ve included a link to the PlayStation Mobile webpage (linked again below). It shows 16 of the 21 launch titles. More information on the other games, as well as additional titles, will be coming shortly!

+ Falaut on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:38 am said:

This is great, and yes, it did launch last night with the update. Got Auqa Kitty, great little title. Must’ve been smoking something to come up with a underwater cat milk farming defense simulator.

My only advice so far is Trophy support. Now I know these are bite sized titles with price to match, so I wouldn’t expect anything crazy light Platinums. Lets take Auqa Kitty for example. If that had 5 Bronzes and 1 Silver, great!

Cheers.

+ WorcesterRaider on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:40 am said:

It is funny I have an iPhone, but never heard of Super Crate Box, but now it is something I must check out! Very excited for this new initiative.

Physical controls and buttons are so nice with certain games…so glad to have the Vita.

+ Gorvi on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:40 am said:

This looks like an interesting initiative, I’ll certainly check it out. I’m at work so I can’t get on to check now, are there or will there be trial or demo versions for PlayStation Mobile games?

+ PoppaWheelie on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:41 am said:

Was going to buy Super Crate Box on my Vita until reading this: The license verification for this product will be performed periodically via Wi-Fi or mobile network connection. If the license cannot be verified as valid, the application will not start.
Um, I thought all this waiting and delays and all the other BS about stuff not being ‘compatible’ was so Sony could secure their house…? I have a 3g Vita, but chose not to give ATT $15 a month… so if I’m nowhere around a hotspot when SCB decides to verify for the whateverteenth time that I did indeed give my $3.50 to Sony I don’t get to play. This is NOT how you do mobile gaming Sony. SMH

+ snakeeyes211 on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:42 am said:

I downloaded some games last night awesome man

+ Stained_Pupil on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:43 am said:

I got the dreaded Error 8008103e on a HTC One S phone :(

+ Stained_Pupil on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:46 am said:

Just seen it’s not yet working on HTC. My bad. Sorry. I’ll acess it from Vita.

+ AguilarX on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:46 am said:

top 3 must have:
Super Crate Box
Aqua Kitty
Rebel

thanks to @yosp and @nsuttner for tweeting this games last night around 8pm pst.
keep em coming Sony!

+ Jotamide on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:47 am said:

Finally! Good to see this working perfectly on the Xperia Play. I also add myself to the list of people who want to see trophies added to PSM. One last thing SCEA, please get more devs from the Americas on board with this. Most of the games are either from Japan or EU, we need everyone developing for this! :P

Chris Mahoney's Avatar

+ Paul Sullivan on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:57 am said:

Heya Jotamide,

Something to note: The SDK (Developer’s Kit) will be available in November. When that drops I have no doubt that we’ll see a bunch of new content. We’re focusing our efforts – now that this is launched – on building a global development community and hefty list of quality titles. I imagine a number of these will come from the US. We love games like you do! So, we’re excited to get more on PlayStation Mobile.

+ WorcesterRaider on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:47 am said:

#26 Very interesting…hopefully we can get an answer or clarification about that. Maybe when you are connected to a Wi-Fi that is when they will verify???

+ DrApollo on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:47 am said:

Fantastic!

+ ChazzyChazX on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:48 am said:

So is that mean we can get the “Apps” like “LINE” ?

+ Zezzler on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:50 am said:

I’m really interested in the pricing of these titles.
can you enlighten me on the pricing structure of these titles?

Chris Mahoney's Avatar

+ Paul Sullivan on October 3rd, 2012 at 9:08 am said:

Zezzler,

On pricing: PlayStation Mobile supports a number of models from free-to-play games with in-app purchases to direct one-time purchase. These initial games that launched range from under a dollar to $20.

+ polo155 on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:50 am said:

Well im glad to see an apps section in there too, i bought the kitty and flick air hockey games,, fun very happy this was released.

Get to work devs $99 gets u the Dev Kit for a year!

+ Yuranium on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:59 am said:

awesome more games for vita and phone, but i have a xperia sola. hope it gets ps mobile soon

+ FriedConsole on October 3rd, 2012 at 9:06 am said:

Love Super Crate Box, Aqua Kitty and Fuel Tiracas. Keep this going!

+ againes on October 3rd, 2012 at 9:07 am said:

Aw man! If you Sony guys can add the mobile game called Burger Queen, I would definitely get more appealed! I played it it like crazy on the ipod touch. Its such an addictive game.

+ Link01 on October 3rd, 2012 at 9:08 am said:

Between the C# reliance, no Mac support, and no overall real PSN support (trophies leader boards ext) I can’t waste time developing games for this platform although I’d rather develop for a device like the Vita over iOS. Simply put, I’m sticking to Objective-C…

+ niladridutt on October 3rd, 2012 at 9:11 am said:

Hi,
When will these Playstation Mobile release in India.I had been eagerly waiting fir this.Do you have ascheduled time.

+ Falaut on October 3rd, 2012 at 9:11 am said:

@26 if that is the case, then the first time I can’t play a game on my Vita that I paid for, there better be some moderators working because I’m going to rip this blog and customer service a new one.

+ NoPity_21 on October 3rd, 2012 at 9:13 am said:

Get it on the galaxy s 3 than will talk lol

+ FORMIK on October 3rd, 2012 at 9:22 am said:

Great to see this finally made available to the public, but here’s one suggestion that I haven’t seen from others:

When you look at the PlayStation Store on the PS Vita, it looks confusing and the PS Mobile section is barely visible. Whoever is the driving force behind the look of the PS Store should hand a Vita to someone who’s never used it and just watch them navigate the store. They’d likely miss PS Mobile as it looks like the PlayStation logo on the far left, passing up a lot of cool new content. That, and they’re games – accessed in a different way – but still games.

The entire PlayStation Store experienced should feel more streamlined, and less compartmentalized. It feels like one of those walls seen at the post office, where all the mail gets sorted into various slots. Also, if there’s related content, no matter if it’s from “games” “video” or “PS Mobile”, I would like to see related content from each.

That aside, the new PS Mobile content looks great and I am happy to see it!

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on October 3rd, 2012 at 9:23 am said:

The wi fi verification is probably sporadic, so say if you go a month or two withouth ever getting online, the game won’t work the next time you try to launch it. You’ll need to get online to verify the license is still valid and stuff. Not a big deal IMO.

+ lisatsunami on October 3rd, 2012 at 9:24 am said:

Good luck with this new initiative. I’m not really into casual little games but I know it’s a huge market that could help out Vita viability in the long run and I’m all for that.

I’ll at least try this out on my Sony Tablet P, thank you.

+ RJPhillips on October 3rd, 2012 at 9:25 am said:

I hate to be the negative part of all the people making positive statements but I need answers. I don’t own a vita (yet) but I do own the tablet S (first generation) and when it was the PlayStation store I had options and bought most of the PlayStation title games and play them often with my PS3 controller and wondered were those games disappeared to?… I don’t even see them listed anymore nor do I see any great new PlayStation games…. I’m hoping to soon have a great lineup like god of war, ea sports titles, or more in PlayStation quality like games. I bought this PlayStation certified device for PlayStation games not mini like games (mini like games I can get through the android store)…. I know the expansion on the vita is super important but don’t forget the fans who spent more on the tablet for exclusive Sony content as well…

Thank you!

Chris Mahoney's Avatar

+ Paul Sullivan on October 3rd, 2012 at 9:41 am said:

RJPhillips,

One of the main objectives of PlayStation Mobile is to provide high quality games on as many devices as possible, including tablets as well as phones and Vita. So while it may seem like we’ve focused on Vita in this post, that is one of many supported devices, and there are more to come. We’ll be working hard to make sure that we deliver a PlayStation quality experience on all PlayStation Certified devices.

On that note we need head off to continue building out the PlayStation Mobile experience. Thank you guys for your feedback! It’s always helpful to us. Chris and I will continue to check back in to hear your latest thoughts!

+ alchie11 on October 3rd, 2012 at 9:30 am said:

Will more Xperia phones be supported later on? Such as the Xperia sola.

+ joey_joey_joey8 on October 3rd, 2012 at 9:35 am said:

My brothers are from the Philippines. They will not be able to buy here because they do not have psn id, they cannot use their credit cards there. Do you have plans to do that? It is sad that they cannot go digital especially now that you are commited to do everything digitally. Please give us news that filipinos will get a chance soon.

+ warriorprincess8 on October 3rd, 2012 at 9:36 am said:

Without Trophies for these games I wouldn’t even bother purchasing anything unless it were free. I’ll just use my iPhone for short time mobile gaming. Sony big mistake not adding Trophy support! Hopefully this will be implemented in the future or myself and a lot of mobile gamers will pass.

PAGE 1 2 3