PS3-TLOU Left Behind

SunFlowers Shines on PS Vita Tuesday for $3.99

Dr. Lakav's Avatar + Posted by Dr. Lakav on Oct 05, 2012 // Lead Game Designer, The Game Atelier

SunFlowers on PS VitaSunFlowers on PS VitaSunFlowers on PS Vita

Good news, everyone: we have an official date for SunFlowers — next Tuesday, October 9th for $3.99! SunFlowers is a brand new puzzle-shooter game for PS Vita, including two unique worlds: Classic and Tropical. Each world has more than 160 flowers to collect.

SunFlowers on PS Vita

Now let’s take a closer look at the second world from SunFlowers: Tropical. In this world you will discover new varieties of flowers, including pirate-themed blossoms, but every flower is still based on a real existing species. When you play on this tropical island, you will quickly discover that the climate is very different from the Classic world, and the weather can be unpredictable. From the tropical rain flooding your flowers to the big sand dune that dries them out, you will need to be very careful if you want to keep them all alive.

There is even a dusk stage where every cloud and flower is backlit, so you’ll need to hold your PS Vita close to a light source if you want to clearly see what is happening.

See you on Tuesday for the release of SunFlowers on PSN for $3.99. And if you’re not sold on it yet, be sure to check out the free demo!

44 Comments

+ Gorvi on October 5th, 2012 at 9:04 am said:

Only $4 and a demo? Suddenly I’m interested.

+ Ninja-Gaiden51 on October 5th, 2012 at 9:05 am said:

More Vita content in October?! Wow, when it rains, it pours!

+ hush404 on October 5th, 2012 at 9:07 am said:

Yep… that’s what I was looking for when I dropped my $250 last feb. >_>

+ CatatonicAlex on October 5th, 2012 at 9:08 am said:

Yay.

+ Gorvi on October 5th, 2012 at 9:10 am said:

@#3 Not all games are going to appeal to you, imagine that. Retro City Rampage is out Tuesday too.

+ SnakeWesker on October 5th, 2012 at 9:10 am said:

I’ll definitely check it out. I’ll at least download the demo. For $4 you probably have me sold.

+ Joao_Vicente on October 5th, 2012 at 9:11 am said:

Very cool news stuffs are comming for PSV! THX! I will buy this one!

+ Chuckbait on October 5th, 2012 at 9:11 am said:

See, now this is a Vita game!

+ luvtoseek on October 5th, 2012 at 9:13 am said:

I love to tap, tap, tap… thanks for the release!

+ Undrey on October 5th, 2012 at 9:15 am said:

This is what the Vita needs, cheap small, replayable games.

+ Elvick_ on October 5th, 2012 at 9:33 am said:

What will the size be? Definitely picking it up, but would like to be able to play it without deleting stuff.

Sidenote for Sony: Drop the price of memory cards already.

+ RenderMonk on October 5th, 2012 at 9:49 am said:

I understand that since it’s on the Vita, you aren’t going to charge $.99. But $3.99 is just too steep for the type of game that’s being offered. It’s a pick-up and play game. This game should have been priced at $1.99 or $2.49 at the most. I know that the difference is negligible, but you watch, that difference in price will be the difference between 576 people buying it, and 1796. Mathematical you would have pulled in $3,500 – $4,500 at the lower price instead of $2,300 at the higher price. Of course both sets will rise with consumption, but the difference in consumption will be the same…..and so will the profit margin.

+ MrBendel on October 5th, 2012 at 9:50 am said:

As much as I think this game is awesome, and i will still buy it – I think games that make me hold the device portrait make the vita feel weird

+ LABARONX on October 5th, 2012 at 9:52 am said:

will buy… wow i have so much money to spend on tuesday

+ WoundedUnderwear on October 5th, 2012 at 10:05 am said:

Whats with all these puzzle games on PS VITA? PS VITA should be rename PS Puzzle Portable. PS VITA is such a powerful beast, and lately VITA just been getting an onslaught of puzzle games, COME ON SONY where are the real games that will so the true power of VITA !!!!!

+ snakeeyes211 on October 5th, 2012 at 10:14 am said:

This game looks ridiculous I love it

+ lisatsunami on October 5th, 2012 at 10:21 am said:

Such a low price, thank you. I’ll buy this.

+ DrApollo on October 5th, 2012 at 10:34 am said:

Buying!

+ Elvick_ on October 5th, 2012 at 10:36 am said:

@15; Open your eyes then.

+ Erza_Scarlet on October 5th, 2012 at 10:38 am said:

I’m really interested on this game since it was announced, but were the Trophy problems of the EU version already fixed? I won’t buy it until I see that this problems were fixed.

+ AguilarX on October 5th, 2012 at 11:38 am said:

finally! another excuse to stop playing super crate box. that game has been sucking me in. i have a feeling this game will be like that as well.

+ DarkOne_PR on October 5th, 2012 at 11:41 am said:

I was expecting 1.99 for this game… now ill might think about getting it

+ Kchow23 on October 5th, 2012 at 12:58 pm said:

Looking forward to trying out the demo.

+ Yuranium on October 5th, 2012 at 12:58 pm said:

lol it looks better that it sounds when i heard about it. and only $4? im getting it!

+ AizawaYuuichi on October 5th, 2012 at 1:08 pm said:

I hope you don’t mind, Dr. Lakav, but I read your opening line in the voice of The Professor from Futurama.

And for $3.99, I’ll definitely be picking this up. It looks like a really fun little collector’s game. 320 flowers to collect over the two worlds. That’ll take some time. Looking forward to Tuesday now. :)

+ warriorprincess8 on October 5th, 2012 at 1:19 pm said:

Darn I already have this game on my iPad. Might get it if it has Trophy support. The game is pretty fun already beat it on the iPad so maybe I will pick it up.

+ onslaughtree on October 5th, 2012 at 1:51 pm said:

I am soooo getting this next week.

+ Ghostx187 on October 5th, 2012 at 2:32 pm said:

Might be cool. Looks like it could be fun.

+ akibake on October 5th, 2012 at 2:39 pm said:

Have to say, I totally agree with RenderMonk in comment 12. With so many device options for pick-up-and-play games like this, there’s a lot of competition for people’s micro-transaction. iOS and Android devices already have huge mobile gaming libraries, with similar games for 99¢ or free. Those devices are eminently more portable than the Vita. I think this price point will result in drastically reduced sales… but you’re the experts right?

+ Elvick_ on October 5th, 2012 at 3:41 pm said:

@26: It will. From the last blogpost about this game. “No Platinum trophy in SunFlowers but the game has 15 trophies in total (including one Silver and one Gold).”

+ angelspawn77 on October 5th, 2012 at 4:29 pm said:

I’m getting a Vita this in the AC Liberation bundle and this game looks cool, will most likely be downloading this game, looks fun.

+ MushThePainter on October 5th, 2012 at 4:39 pm said:

With the overpriced memory card running out of space I’m getting picky with my digital downloads, im gonna have to hold off until I get a 32gb card.. looks like a fun game though

+ Garigandeljey on October 5th, 2012 at 10:42 pm said:

OMG no zombie mode?! No buy…/sarcasm. This looks pretty fun. I will check it out for sure.

+ proud2be on October 6th, 2012 at 2:34 am said:

Unless theirs a better game under $5 dollars, ill skip this, but this looks good and for 3.99 is better, i wished more vita games on psn where priced under $5.

+ syscoman on October 6th, 2012 at 5:19 am said:

I wasn’t going to buy this until I saw the video. Looks like fun! ^__^ I bought Spy Hunter as well, these next two months are going to be EPIC for the Vita. :)

+ Ryumoau on October 6th, 2012 at 7:37 am said:

Sony needs to stop being greedy and price cut their memory cards. I would love to try more of these games on vita, but i only have a 4GB memory stick that came with my Vita. I’m pretty sure most of that will be taken up by Persona 4 Golden and maybe Ragnorak Oddyessy (if i get that).

+ duke301 on October 6th, 2012 at 12:08 pm said:

I’m not sure I like where this whole ‘PlayStation Mobile’ thing is going. These little types of games are not what I consider mobile gaming. This is the type of game that you use to kill about 15 minutes, and in my mind there really isn’t much use for it other than that. When I think of mobile gaming, I tend to think a lot bigger along the lines of Uncharted: Golden Abyss and LBP Vita. Yeah, I know – if I don’t like it, I don’t have to buy it, and I won’t. I’m simply voicing an opinion.

+ Hayabusa85 on October 6th, 2012 at 12:24 pm said:

@37 The mobile gaming name comes from mobile phones where games like Angry Birds are king. Playstation Mobile is about that market. Mobile gaming and handheld/portable gaming are two totally different types of markets. With the Vita you can get the best of both worlds.

This isn’t a Playstation Mobile game though and will have trophies.

+ Regor91 on October 7th, 2012 at 11:04 pm said:

It seems oddly appealing. Pokemon has forever instilled in me a desire to catch ‘em all. I am compelled to collect hundreds of flowers. Also, this is the same price as it is on the App Store, so it’s not overpriced for Vita like some of the Playstation Mobile games. I want it and I will definitely try the demo.

+ lakers_girl_09 on October 8th, 2012 at 10:43 pm said:

I hope I like it :)

+ JongJungBu on October 9th, 2012 at 8:35 am said:

I thought it was dumb, but after watching this trailer, I will try the demo and may even buy it after all. The price point is pretty low.

+ wait-4-meh on October 9th, 2012 at 12:02 pm said:

Can’t wait to play the demo O:

+ proud2be on October 9th, 2012 at 8:03 pm said:

they didnt list anywhere that i would have to play holding the ps vita like a cell phone in a vertical stance.

+ Elli27r on October 10th, 2012 at 9:24 pm said:

it should have had an option where you use the analog for control and letter O for shooting