PS4 - Destiny

Watch the new BioShock Infinite Trailer

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Oct 21, 2012 // Senior Manager, Social Media

It’s been some time since we’ve caught a new glimpse of Irrational Games’ long-awaited follow up to BioShock, but it’s clear Ken Levine and company haven’t let time go to waste. This flashy new BioShock Infinite trailer sheds a bit more light on the backstory for protagonist Booker DeWitt, a former Pinkerton detective working to track down a missing woman on the floating city of Columbia. You’ll catch a glimpse of some new Tonic powers (including one that bears a passing resemblance to BioShock’s Electro Bolt Plasmid) and some intense new action sequences, interspersed with the polish and panache Irrational is known for.

What are you waiting for? Click play already! BioShock Infinite comes out in February for PS3 complete with PlayStation Move motion controller support and a bonus copy of the original BioShock.

33 Comments

+ Draven71 on October 21st, 2012 at 1:37 am said:

Can’t wait for this game!!! That’s how you make a video game trailer!

+ thunderbear on October 21st, 2012 at 1:47 am said:

The playstation blog should have an icon on the PS3, it’s such a great resource of information for PS3 users. This game looks amazing.

+ thunderbear on October 21st, 2012 at 1:48 am said:

On the XMB I meant, so you can check the blog on your PS3 easily.

+ Chewiejds on October 21st, 2012 at 2:20 am said:

Does this…..does this mean it’s actually coming!? :D

+ ImaFREEZEtheRoom on October 21st, 2012 at 2:26 am said:

I just have a question about the songbird pre order, what is it actually made of? Some sort of plastic or copper?

+ xenomorph12345 on October 21st, 2012 at 2:48 am said:

Wow…. thats all i’ve got to say.

+ Brandon_2535 on October 21st, 2012 at 3:19 am said:

A blog post on a Sunday? I’ll take it!

Trailer was excellent, the visuals are absolutely stunning!

Also, I love that the entire trailer was in-game footage, those are the most appealing ones.

+ MakoSOLIDER on October 21st, 2012 at 4:14 am said:

Will the original BioShock only be included for a limited time, or will it always be there? If Infinite were to say…theoretically…take part in day 1 digital, would the original BioShock be included in the digital version?

+ MakoSOLIDER on October 21st, 2012 at 4:26 am said:

btw wud luv to see the Move controls demonstrated in this game. That still seems to be a thing thankfully according to ur post

+ rsp3usa on October 21st, 2012 at 5:59 am said:

Day 1 Digital PLEASE!!!!!

+ Berae on October 21st, 2012 at 6:31 am said:

I’m not a big fan of Bioshock but this one looks to be a lot of fun! Cant wait to get my hands on it.

+ aelurio1980 on October 21st, 2012 at 7:27 am said:

Let it come, that will be buying more than right. And hopefully come in day 1 digital.

+ finalfantasy_78 on October 21st, 2012 at 8:55 am said:

Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ SAIYAN98 on October 21st, 2012 at 8:59 am said:

Does this take place before or after Rapture, cause this looks way more advanced!!! I want the game now now now now!!!

+ SAIYAN98 on October 21st, 2012 at 9:02 am said:

Oh, and at 1:12, YOU CAN SPRINT NOW!?!?!?

+ shadowrider74 on October 21st, 2012 at 9:21 am said:

This looks great! I’ve always loved Bioshock, but this one just… well, yeah! Can’t wait for release day!

+ snakeeyes211 on October 21st, 2012 at 9:52 am said:

I’ve watched the new trailer 15 times by the time the day is over I’ll watch it another 15 looks amazing!

+ snakeeyes211 on October 21st, 2012 at 9:55 am said:

@sid
hey Is BioShock that comes with it a disk copy or a digital copy??

+ scyth199 on October 21st, 2012 at 10:08 am said:

Can’t wait, Looks really entertaining. To bad we have to wait next year though; but hell it’ll be worth it.

@ ImaFREEZEtheRoom
IT resin-cast so its plastic.

+ SquirrelChaser45 on October 21st, 2012 at 10:16 am said:

AWESOME! SO ANYTHING ON BIOSHOCK VITA?

+ BasickAlphabit on October 21st, 2012 at 10:32 am said:

So basically 5 months huh, its almost half a year from now but i can certainly wait.

+ Metroid124 on October 21st, 2012 at 11:05 am said:

+ saab01 on October 21st, 2012 at 11:17 am said:

Really nice footage I wish more games were like Bioshock. This is the one game where I can play multiple times just for kicks.

+ Kchow23 on October 21st, 2012 at 12:36 pm said:

Knew it was going to be amazing and that I shouldn’t watch it and just wait for the game, but I did anyway. Can’t wait for February! 2013 is going to be amazing… Bioshock Infinite and The Last of Us.

+ cosmis_chaos on October 21st, 2012 at 1:40 pm said:

That was great. What music was that they were playing in the trailer? is it a real song?

+ sjruns on October 21st, 2012 at 3:53 pm said:

I’m a fan of the Bioshock 1 & 2. This one looks amazing. Can’t wait to play it. Hopefully they can release a demo next year for it. Please…pretty please…

+ Wez455 on October 21st, 2012 at 6:57 pm said:

For those asking what song it is its: Nico Vega – Beast

+ kingdomkiller3 on October 21st, 2012 at 8:42 pm said:

makes me want it even more now.

+ shadysaiyanz on October 21st, 2012 at 9:50 pm said:

Can;t wait!!! will get it day one if i can.

+ PaYizT on October 22nd, 2012 at 2:00 am said:

This game just look’s amazing , i like that they show actual gameplay footage ,i have never played a bioshock game in the past but i will be buying the first one asap!

+ iREVOLTER on October 22nd, 2012 at 9:56 pm said:

Bioshock: Infinite + PSMove Support + Copy of first Bioshock game = awsm deal! I love PlayStation.

+ df2506 on October 23rd, 2012 at 12:03 am said:

WOW!

i remember the first time I ever played Bisoshock 1. My jaw was on the floor. While watching this trailer, I felt the same way. This game looks so amazing!

And it comes with Bioshock 1? Oh man. :)

+ EXQUISITEEMPRESS on November 18th, 2012 at 1:22 pm said:

Wow. In game footage is visually amazing. Now I definitely have to play Bioshock 1 & 2 since I’d never heard of them before Bioshock Infinite was announced.