No Man's Sky

Finger of Death: See Assassin’s Creed III Liberation’s Touch Controls in Action

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Oct 26, 2012 // Sr. Social Media Manager

A bit of advice for Assassin’s Creed fans: get some sleep this weekend. Come Tuesday, you’ll get to immerse yourself in the Revolutionary mythology of Assassin’s Creed III both at home and on the go.

If you’ve been keeping up with our coverage of Aveline de Grandpre’s portable adventure, you’re likely already aware of Assassin’s Creed III Liberation’s open-world gameplay, its crossover with the PS3’s Assassin’s Creed III, and it’s PS Vita-specific features. But showing is better than telling, so have a look at some of Liberation’s (optional) touch controls in action, as AC3L Writer Richard Farreese tells us how the team adapted the series’ new control scheme to PS Vita. Spoiler: they didn’t have to change much.

You’re forgiven for gawking at that Crystal White PS Vita. I haven’t washed my hands since we recorded that footage. Assassin’s Creed III Liberation arrives this Tuesday alongside Assassin’s Creed III, both in stores and via PlayStation Network.

PAGE 1 2

+ BanditManSteve on October 27th, 2012 at 2:39 pm said:

This game looks cool. Ive never played a console version assassins creed (only played bloodlines) so im considering getting this. I have two concerns though that i need to know before i commit. 1) what is the multiplayer?! Im getting very annoyed that we havent heard anything but “its tailored to the vita”. That just makes me worry that its some gimmicky touch screen game, instead of a full fledged deathmatch or something. I need to know what the Multiplayer is before I bite. 2) will this game turn out like Uncharted? By that I mean by watching trailers and looking at screenshots, Uncharted looks GORGEOUS. Then you actually play the game and it has blurry environments with a ridiculous amount of jaggies. Will AC3:L be fluid and sharp, or blurry with jaggies?

+ chuchin310 on October 27th, 2012 at 3:46 pm said:

I don’t ever actually post on these posts, but I couldn’t go without saying that Aveline looks a lot like Mila Kunis. Kudos!!!

+ arsenal0769 on October 27th, 2012 at 3:54 pm said:

We know what you recieve on Liberation if you crossplay it with AC3 but what extra content do you unlcok on AC3?

+ slysonic18 on October 27th, 2012 at 6:36 pm said:

do you get pre order bonuses in the 500 gb ps3 bundle with ac3?

+ Nates4Christ on October 27th, 2012 at 7:27 pm said:

“Hands on with the vita’s biggest game yet”
I don’t doubt this is going to be a great big game yet. But that statement should not be thrown around just for marketing. I mean you got a ton of equally big games Uncharted Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, Littlebigplanet Vita, and Rayman origins. Just to name a few.

+ killerbadmanpoo on October 27th, 2012 at 7:40 pm said:

This is going to be great!!!!

+ kineticist on October 27th, 2012 at 7:43 pm said:

that touchscreen mechanic made this an instant buy. it really gets my monkey box sizzling

+ smoothboarder540 on October 27th, 2012 at 9:15 pm said:

@28 Winterwolf I would only recommend the first AC if you area completionist. It’s not a very fun game as it’s very repetitive and a bit boring in my opinion. You wont really miss much of the story. The fact that it doesn’t have trophies doesn’t help it’s case either.

+ d3m0n1c_d0g on October 28th, 2012 at 12:23 am said:

@28Winterwolf2010 Having played all of the console versions, I have to agree with @56 smoothboarder540, the first AC game is very repetitive and gets quite boring very easily. I normally recommend people just skip it and start with AC II then do AC before Revelations (if you really feel you must play it at all). If you do decide to never play AC at all, don’t worry you don’t really miss much, but I did feel I understood Revelations a bit more having played AC before it.

As for your other question, its similar to an RPG in that you have quests and they can change the way the game plays some, but for the most part no matter what you do, you will get the same gameplay either way in my opinion.

+ haunter_sullivan on October 28th, 2012 at 7:29 am said:

rihanna as an assasin!

+ Xabdos on October 28th, 2012 at 8:45 am said:

Can’t wait for the game, although I’m pretty disappointed at Sony and Ubisoft for not even trying to advertise or market the game in a logical manner.
Non the less I’m getting the game Day 1, and hopefully many more will do too.

+ SinfulWarrior on October 28th, 2012 at 12:23 pm said:

shut up and give me my game!

+ Final_Fantasy_CH on October 28th, 2012 at 1:21 pm said:

Hello. I have seen a multiplayer gameplay. It shows a simple flash game. Is this really the multiplayer mode of AC Liberation? :<

+ angelspawn77 on October 28th, 2012 at 5:55 pm said:

got my white vita pre-ordered, can’t wait till it arrives in the mail this upcoming week. I gotta say though I probably wont be using the “Aveline kills on her own” feature, I’d rather kill everyone MYSELF! muhahahahaha!

Also I was confused on the connor/aveline ps3/vita connectivity feature, was he saying that on the Vita you get a mission where you can play as Connor and on the ps3 you get a mission where you can play as Aveline? That part wasn’t clearly said, had a hard time understanding what exactly he meant.

+ Richard919 on October 28th, 2012 at 6:15 pm said:

wait for this i cannot

+ SquirrelChaser45 on October 28th, 2012 at 6:55 pm said:

Will Desmond be in this game???

+ madribar on October 29th, 2012 at 7:00 am said:

I Have one Question. You said that by connecting AC3 and Liberation you unlock a mission with Connor on vita, and vice-versa on PS3. My question is, how this connection will work, i need to do something on the game, or the game automatically will check for both games assinged to the PSN ID ?

+ BrendanCBear on October 29th, 2012 at 11:06 am said:

Damn, it kills me to not have a PS3. I really hope I can sync Liberation with my friend’s PS3.

I’m picking up Liberation as soon as I get my rebate for my laptop. :D