PS4-Infamous

PlayStation Blogcast 049: Podcast in Distress

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Nov 01, 2012 // Senior Manager, Social Media

Subscription Links:

Today’s show was a delight. Not only were we graced with the inimitable presence of GamesRadar Reviews Editor Sterling McGarvey, we had a lot of time to talk about games. Big games (Assassin’s Creed III), small games (the fascinating PID), fast games (Vanquish), slow games (XCOM: Enemy Unknown), thinking-man’s games (Portal 2 In Motion), twitch games (When Vikings Attack), even unfinished games (The Unfinished Swan).

Videogames. What would we do without ‘em? Probably read a book like some kind of savage.

In other news, we’re rapidly approaching the Blogcast‘s one-year anniversary. Have any ideas for the big day? Leave them in the comments and mark your calendars for November 15th!

Stuff We Talked About

• PID
  • Portal 2 In Motion
  • When Vikings Attack
  • Rygar
  • Assassin’s Creed III and Liberation
  • XCOM: Enemy Unknown
  • Need for Speed Most Wanted
  • Breaking into Videogame Criticism
  • Official PlayStation.Blogcast - Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast - Jeff RubensteinOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast - Nick SuttnerOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast - Sterling McGarvey

The Cast

+ Butters360 on November 1st, 2012 at 5:23 pm said:

Great episode. PlayStation Blogcast Episode 050 next week! Great job guys!

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on November 2nd, 2012 at 10:08 am said:

Thanks Butters! (^_^)

+ MakoSOLIDER on November 1st, 2012 at 5:24 pm said:

unfinished games? Oh so I’m sure Skyrim was brought up a lot :)

+ scataraman on November 1st, 2012 at 5:57 pm said:

GAMESRADAR IS ONE WORD HUAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAGGHHHGGGGGRHHHHHFUUUHHHHHH

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on November 2nd, 2012 at 10:09 am said:

Oops! Now fixing

+ Naritubr on November 1st, 2012 at 6:02 pm said:

Is zoe Comeing for PSN ???

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on November 2nd, 2012 at 10:09 am said:

Not as of yet, not aware of plans to release on PSN.

+ jeffsmither on November 1st, 2012 at 6:07 pm said:

Can You out on this podcast blog the email to end tips and question to.

+ NINEblademanNINE on November 1st, 2012 at 6:08 pm said:

Hey Sid, thanks for the Voucher codes from last episode but they don’t work. Did they expire or something like that? I sent you back a return email about it already.

+ jeffsmither on November 1st, 2012 at 6:09 pm said:

**EDIT** Can You out on this podcast blog the email to send tips and question to.

+ Elvick_ on November 1st, 2012 at 6:37 pm said:

The new store is beyond horrendous. Even worse than I had imagined.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on November 2nd, 2012 at 10:10 am said:

What would you like to see address?

+ TERMINATOR543 on November 1st, 2012 at 6:45 pm said:

I have already sent my ideas for the 50th episode via email earlier this week. Not sure but you guys may have mentioned them in this episode.

+ Folklore_Legendz on November 1st, 2012 at 6:46 pm said:

please advertise your games and the vita, i want to see comercials in my tv about how awesome the vita is and the games it has (just this month it had more game than any of the three consoles). i don’t want to be the only one having a ps vita in my neighborhood (see the potential it has on delivering games experiences that other handhelds can’t) just because my friends don’t know “what is a vita?”.

+ Brink-2-Chaos on November 1st, 2012 at 7:04 pm said:

Noice Cast

+ clupula668 on November 1st, 2012 at 7:20 pm said:

Nothing about Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus? That’s probably the title I’m most looking forward to.

+ Ryumoau on November 1st, 2012 at 7:50 pm said:

was there an unannounced psn maintenance today? It took me over an hour and a half to log into psn, and when i did my friends list was loading very slowly. It seems to be loading normally now though.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on November 2nd, 2012 at 10:11 am said:

We were having some slow access times to PSN, but that should be resolved now. You can follow us on Twitter to get late-breaking news such as this: http://twitter.com/playstation

+ CIA-Agent on November 1st, 2012 at 8:25 pm said:

holy cow! IT ONLY TOOK 6 YEARS, TO THE DAY, TO FIX THE LOGIN ELEMENT SO I COULD POST THIS FROM MY PS3 BROWSER & NOT ANOTHER SOURCE (such as a laptop or pc)

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on November 2nd, 2012 at 10:11 am said:

Glad to hear it works!

+ nirojan45 on November 1st, 2012 at 8:41 pm said:

Hey did anyone else get the new store today? Looks and navigates pretty cool. But alot of my TV shows are missing or the download list only shows the SD version. When i go to the TV channel it ask me to repurchase it again? WTF!?!?!?!

+ camiwaits_us on November 1st, 2012 at 8:53 pm said:

Oh, man, i’ve been wanting to try Vanquish for a while. I hope the price is closer to 20 than to 30.

+ crazy_kracker1 on November 1st, 2012 at 9:03 pm said:

I noticed that this was the only thing posted on the blog Today…

+ Kchow23 on November 1st, 2012 at 9:10 pm said:

@15 I thought I was the only one… looks very sleek, but it is a bit slow and the PSP and PS Vita channels need some work.

+ StealthReborn– on November 1st, 2012 at 9:50 pm said:

Detuned? Wow, I could’ve sworn that was Sound Shapes. Very close resemblance imo. Ah well. =)

Then again I think if it was Sound Shapes your inbox would’ve overloaded. =P

+ NinjaNabs on November 1st, 2012 at 10:23 pm said:

What about Black ops 2? If you don’t talk about Black ops 2 in the next podcast, i will never click on one of your podcasts again. You will lose one person who cares about games. So, please talk about Black ops 2 in the podcast prior to the release. I really wanna hear your thoughts on it.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on November 2nd, 2012 at 10:13 am said:

I’m trying to find out new details about the Zombies mode!

+ CHRISRHODE2004 on November 1st, 2012 at 11:46 pm said:

GREAT blogcast….btw i went to visit the store tonight and it required the 4.3.1 update….so i performed and now i cannot access store at all. Anyone else having this issue….??

+ Kchow23 on November 2nd, 2012 at 12:30 am said:

No kidding? 1 year already!!! D:

How about gathering up Naughty Dog and Sony Santa Monica folk and doing a live stream blogcast?

+ AstrOmicron on November 2nd, 2012 at 12:32 am said:

Where’s the info on PS+ for Vita?

I’m holding out on purchases for the new releases until I know if they’ll be discounted and it’s KILLING ME!

+ Kchow23 on November 2nd, 2012 at 12:32 am said:

Something PS All stars related should be in order for the 15th tho! only 5 days from the release… bring on Seth Killian and how about a new theme song. :)

+ Kchow23 on November 2nd, 2012 at 12:44 am said:

Potential Guests: Giantbombers, Insomniacs, Seth Killian, Naughty Dogs, Sony Santa Monica folk, Dan Amrich and Aram Jabbari or the glorious return of Farm Stale!

+ snakeeyes211 on November 2nd, 2012 at 6:09 am said:

The new psn store is up in the US

+ Elvick_ on November 2nd, 2012 at 6:09 am said:

Oh and having the “All New Content” under the “New on PS3″ tab is stupid.

Whoever organized this fail store should be fired. How does that make sense? Oh right, it doesn’t. Since if you’re looking to see all new crap, you wouldn’t go looking in a section for the PS3. You’d expect that to be on the main list.

Like it should be. And the store keeps crashing on me. Can’t even download a theme, which requires you download it right away. I still don’t understand why those can’t be background downloaded.

+ Ryumoau on November 2nd, 2012 at 7:10 am said:

@20 they’ve got to talk about it next week. Since its 2 weeks away. I promise they will. :)

+ Hugo_Mundo on November 2nd, 2012 at 7:10 am said:

Hi guys, when we’re going to see any news about the Plus coming to Ps Vita?

+ Ryumoau on November 2nd, 2012 at 7:11 am said:

Also noticed that the new psn store seems to be available, but i’m awaiting an official announcement here on the PS Blog before i download it. Though the reception for hasn’t been very positive.

+ Capn-Clank on November 2nd, 2012 at 7:17 am said:

Hope we get some nice stuff on ps plus tuesday :3 like….the cool stuff europe is getting xD

+ Ryumoau on November 2nd, 2012 at 7:40 am said:

@29 i was hoping we would hear something yesterday, so they could be ready to impliment it next tuesday. But it seems like it will be later on in the month.

+ Recon19D3 on November 2nd, 2012 at 8:27 am said:

Well, here we go again.

EU Plus members get Crysis 2 and Ratchet and Clank All 4 One.

US Plus members get a couple of discounts.

I wouldn’t care if all we got was 1 discount for as little as we pay, but this seperation is beyond stupid at this point. I’ve been holding off but I think now I will not renew my service.

+ D-Squad3 on November 2nd, 2012 at 10:46 am said:

Finally experienced the new store and it sucks

Where are the tabs for new releases? New avatars? New themes?

The loading is horrendous. It stutters, the framerate isn’t stable. OMFG

+ SiloEyes on November 2nd, 2012 at 11:06 am said:

Great podcast! Enjoying AC3 quite a bit myself. Surprised to see Sterling on as a guest; I was a fan from back during his G4 Feedback days. I got a chance to meet him at E3 couple years ago and he’s a cool guy.

+ Elvick_ on November 2nd, 2012 at 12:46 pm said:

@33: We already had/have All 4 One.

@34: New releases is under the New On PS3 section for some reason. Should be one of the top options on the game tab/section.

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on November 2nd, 2012 at 1:04 pm said:

Wow I just got the update for the new store and didnt like it it LOOKS like NETFIX store SoRRy Guys i dislike it !!! NO MORE BLU IM OLD SCHOOL set it BACK LOL

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on November 2nd, 2012 at 1:12 pm said:

WHATS UP WITH THE $20 ARE WE GOIN TO GET IT SOON !!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Elvick_ on November 2nd, 2012 at 2:10 pm said:

Lol, store gets better and better. Smart As Demo is in the Hot on PSP Section. Can’t see + discounts on the ps3′s featured page. Eyes aren’t easily able to find information due to the lame inconsistent “flashy” design.

I hope you guys are ashamed, because you should be.

+ Darren_ on November 2nd, 2012 at 3:48 pm said:

I like the new design, I think it’l put good content and deals at the forefront, however I’ll feel bad for the smaller games and DLC that will probably get buried. Also, my biggest concern is that there is no Playstation Plus section. I just got + recently and now I don’t know where I can get a backlog of all the deals currently on. Still think it’s a great job though although a little catering for the subscribers would be nice. I’ll wait though :)

+ lisatsunami on November 2nd, 2012 at 4:00 pm said:

Well, I haven’t updated yet, but I saw the new store on my euro acct & said this was not something you all should be clamoring for. I’ll update tonight & see for myself.

The US store was just fine the way it was, except for the unwieldy download list.
    Please don’t mess up the XMB by “updating” it, too.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

+ Smert_ on November 2nd, 2012 at 6:17 pm said:

@6 You got your voucher codes? My email was read on last weeks blogcast but I haven’t received anything yet- starting to worry

+ B-Badd on November 3rd, 2012 at 7:52 am said:

Love the blogcast, it’s becoming one of the best sources of PlayStation news. I’m A PS Vita fanboy and can’t wait for plus to be fully released on the system, so when will it happen? I can’t wait to have the cloud backup service!

+ darkspartan86 on November 8th, 2012 at 4:41 pm said:

Great show guys loved every second as usual. Mr. Shuman thank you for giving me the push needed to get myself a bigger hard drive for my ps3. I feel like I can actually breath now and not worry about deleting content when something new comes along.

+ NinjaNabs on November 8th, 2012 at 11:29 pm said:

@Sid Shuman Just tell your thoughts on the game and your expectations. You don’t need to gather new info.