PS4 - Destiny

So, Today is My Last Day at PlayStation

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Nov 09, 2012 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Jeff Rubenstein

After five years, 5,995 blog posts, and 10,888 Tweets, today is my final day at PlayStation. We’ve accomplished a lot together: we’ve built PlayStation.Blog into one of the most influential blogs in the world, amassed the largest Twitter following in the industry and the 8th most fans in the world on Facebook (watch out McDonalds!). I mention these stats not to brag, but because I continue to be amazed at the enduring strength of the PlayStation brand and its fervent fans, whom I’ve been lucky to serve as Social Media Dudebro since 2007.

Jeff yells at people a lot

PlayStation, specifically SCEA, has been very good to me. I’ve been sent to gamescom, Tokyo Game Show, PAXes East and Prime, Comic-Con, and E3 many times over. I’ve gotten to personally put PS Vitas into fans’ hands for the first time at Social Club events. I’ve gotten to share exciting news, first looks, and big reveals with you, then relay your feedback to the teams that created them. Keep telling us what you think; it really does count!

Most impactful of all, I’ve met thousands of great people — gaming industry, media, and PlayStation fans — some of whom have become true friends.

Jeff just pretends to play games

Now, I’m actually looking forward to jumping back over to the fan side of the fence. Working through my massive backlog of games (starting with The Unfinished Swan this weekend). Buying The Last of Us at a midnight launch. Actually being surprised at E3.

It’ll be a big adjustment for me — but not for you. Perhaps the most important thing I’ve done here at PlayStation is surround myself with people more talented (if not better looking) than myself. Sid, Rey, and Justin are the reasons PlayStation.Blog is as informative, entertaining, and influential as it is. None of that will change when I walk out the door this afternoon. And I guess that’s why I’m at peace with moving on; my work here is well and truly done.

Play with me on PSN (JeffPS) and/or follow me on Twitter (@jeffrubenstein). I’m practicing PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale right now. Bring it, my Radec is ready.

TL;DR I’ve really loved working with, and for, all of you.

Jeff

Jeff eats like a girl

P.S. — Confession time: I’m the one who spilled coffee all over the break room on October 15th, 2007. I didn’t know how to operate the coffee maker. I regret the error.

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ Goonboy on November 9th, 2012 at 4:52 pm said:

Buh-bye Jeff. Where you off to? good luck!

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 9th, 2012 at 10:20 pm said:

Not really appropriate to talk about here, but thank you!

+ XenonSovereign on November 9th, 2012 at 4:52 pm said:

Wow. Sad to see you go, Jeff. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 9th, 2012 at 10:20 pm said:

Many thanks!

+ DZORMAGEN on November 9th, 2012 at 4:53 pm said:

Wait why are you leaving??? You were the only one that would listen, and reply. It was because of you I attended the last 2 E3s. You will be missed dearly!!!

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 9th, 2012 at 10:21 pm said:

There are many others now who listen, reply, and tend to the needs of gamers. Mission complete! Thanks for telling it like it is all this time.

+ Ftwrthtx on November 9th, 2012 at 4:53 pm said:

Sad to see you go, Jeff. I still remember you handing my son his MGS4 PS3 at GDC in ’09.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 9th, 2012 at 10:22 pm said:

I remember this too. Actually, I’ve got two more of those sitting in the office. I told Sid he should give them out at the 10 year anniversary of MGS4…

+ Pabloo1010 on November 9th, 2012 at 4:54 pm said:

Best of luck Jeff, you’ve brought us great playstation memories over the years. Godspeed

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 9th, 2012 at 10:22 pm said:

Thank you, I’ve got a lifetime of awesome PlayStation memories now too.

+ oycomics on November 9th, 2012 at 4:55 pm said:

Ah, man. Sad to see you go, Jeff. Listening to you banter with the others on the blogcast has been a blast; it won’t be the same without all four of you. :(

Where you going next? Or is that under an embargo? lol

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 9th, 2012 at 10:23 pm said:

EMBARGOED.

Blogcast will be great without me – it opens up a chair for some other great new voices.

+ gerneric123 on November 9th, 2012 at 4:55 pm said:

Thanks for all the work you’ve put in over to years to build this community. Best of luck on your next endeavor Jeff!

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 9th, 2012 at 10:23 pm said:

thank you, it’s been fun!

+ DZORMAGEN on November 9th, 2012 at 4:56 pm said:

Also who is going to make the PSP Minis now :(… I am so sad right now!!!

Where are you going?

You were suppose to be the President for Sony!!!

+ Freshh23 on November 9th, 2012 at 4:56 pm said:

Hope everything goes well for you Jeff!

On a side note:

The “PlayStation” logo is so nice, stop using standard, ugly and lame font on logos like on PlayStation Network, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Store, PlayStation Mobile for example, and use the nice “PlayStation” logo.

+ Moriarty-IGN on November 9th, 2012 at 4:56 pm said:

Take good care of yourself, Jeff. And Beyond to you.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 9th, 2012 at 10:24 pm said:

Beyond, good sir. Beyond.

+ pirate_koja on November 9th, 2012 at 4:57 pm said:

Why are you leaving if Sony Playstsation gave you everything? I’m ready to work with them.

+ StealthBlade98 on November 9th, 2012 at 4:58 pm said:

I have to say this is quite surprising and disappointing for me. You were definitely a great blogger and person on the podcasts, I think i remember watching one of the videos with you checking out the Vita on here.
Where are you going now? Anything lined up in terms of the next job?

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 9th, 2012 at 10:26 pm said:

thanks for the compliments. Building out the blog, etc was my goal. Things are really smooth now… so I’m ready for a new challenge. I’ll miss PS dearly, but I’m not one to rest on laurels. The team is in great hands, I assure you.

+ Vallanthaz on November 9th, 2012 at 4:58 pm said:

Good luck, Jeff.

You will always be Professor Playstation to me! :)

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 9th, 2012 at 10:27 pm said:

Thank you! Glen gets the credit for that name…

+ David Bull on November 9th, 2012 at 4:59 pm said:

Goodbye, Jeff. You’ll be missed dearly.

+ Fusion13 on November 9th, 2012 at 4:59 pm said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

LOL Jk, I hope you have a great time with whatever you pursue from here. Thanks for all the great content!

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 9th, 2012 at 10:27 pm said:

and thank you for breaking the width of the blog one last time. I never fixed that!

+ vanwinkle on November 9th, 2012 at 5:00 pm said:

Man, this is a sad day. Hope you go on to good things, Jeff.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 9th, 2012 at 10:28 pm said:

Thanks for saying so.

+ Ftwrthtx on November 9th, 2012 at 5:00 pm said:

My first encounter seeing Jeff in the wild.

+ Moosehole on November 9th, 2012 at 5:00 pm said:

Really going to miss you, Jeff. You’ve been really great at interacting with and replying to fans. There aren’t too many like you out there. Good luck in whatever you decide to do next, as I’m sure you’ll be great at it.

+ Arjmand on November 9th, 2012 at 5:02 pm said:

I’m shocked and upset, but best of luck my friend. Your presence will be missed on the blogcast!!

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 9th, 2012 at 10:28 pm said:

thank you – please don’t be upset! Shocked… that’s fair ^__^

+ letherclad on November 9th, 2012 at 5:03 pm said:

Its been great Jeff! Good luck!

Does this mean you’re accepting resumes?

+ race2winnet on November 9th, 2012 at 5:04 pm said:

Well this stinks! I can’t imagine the incredible opportunity that has you leaving – is must be huge! Best of luck, you will be missed!

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 9th, 2012 at 10:28 pm said:

Thank you, I’ll miss being here!

+ Andrefpvs on November 9th, 2012 at 5:05 pm said:

Quite the sad news. You eventually became the face of the PlayStation community, and it was great “seeing” you evolve over the years. I think you’ll be missed!

Just out of curiosity, who will take your place now? :P

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 9th, 2012 at 10:29 pm said:

I’ve gotten a hell of a lot older, haven’t I? Sid is The Man (TM) now. He’ll serve you well.

+ swisstylez on November 9th, 2012 at 5:06 pm said:

Sad to hear that the serious of the group is leaving, Good luck with anything you decide to do from now on…

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 9th, 2012 at 10:29 pm said:

I can’t believe I was the ‘straight man’ of the group. How did that happen?

+ Robbie_G_lrish on November 9th, 2012 at 5:07 pm said:

Well this was certainly unexpected… You helped make the PlayStation Blog far and away the best site for PlayStation news. Good luck with all of your future endeavors!

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 9th, 2012 at 10:30 pm said:

Thanks for saying so – that was my ultimate goal when I took the job.

+ drew713 on November 9th, 2012 at 5:07 pm said:

Wow. This is a shock! Good luck to everything in the future Jeff. The blog won’t be the same. But now who will protect us from the inevitable comeback of the “farm fresh” catch phrase from Sid?

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 9th, 2012 at 10:30 pm said:

It does seem that Sid has retired the phrase. What ever will be next? Barn Stale?

+ Johnny_iS_A_bOy on November 9th, 2012 at 5:08 pm said:

I think I have only actually commented on maybe one or two articles before but I actively check out the blog almost every single day for all things playstation and am sad to see you go. You have been a voice for the brand and have done it with style and grace. I hope other guys on the blog will carry the torch as well as you have. For the silent majority who doesn’t cry about not getting what they want as the freebie of the month from plus or just post rude and harsh comments on the blog I lift my glass to you and say farewell.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 9th, 2012 at 10:31 pm said:

Thanks, Johnny. Especially for breaking your silence – we know that most people don’t comment, and hope to serve you all.

+ Butters360 on November 9th, 2012 at 5:09 pm said:

Good luck to you Jeff. Live long and prosper.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 9th, 2012 at 10:31 pm said:

Thanks for your frequent commentary!

+ freshprincepbg on November 9th, 2012 at 5:10 pm said:

Damn Jeff you are okay in my book.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 9th, 2012 at 10:31 pm said:

I’ll take it.

+ KrisButtar on November 9th, 2012 at 5:10 pm said:

best of luck buddy, hope things go well for ya :)

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 9th, 2012 at 10:32 pm said:

I’m a lucky man, so odds are in my favor. thank you.

+ solace357 on November 9th, 2012 at 5:10 pm said:

But who will make the minis now?!

So long Jeff, you’re one of the most humble dudes I have met in the industry.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 9th, 2012 at 10:32 pm said:

this is the real question. And the themes? I weep for the future.

+ Aaron Webber on November 9th, 2012 at 5:11 pm said:

Take care, Jeff! It was a pleasure meeting you and getting to work with you throughout the years.

Your passion and dedication for what you did was obvious to see, and it really does make a difference. From one Valkyria Chronicles fan to another: all the best!

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 9th, 2012 at 10:33 pm said:

Aaron, you’ve been great. I still remember you bringing me into the office to see Valkyria 2 for the first time. Still a fave of mine. Bring on VC3!

+ nsnsmj on November 9th, 2012 at 5:11 pm said:

Noooooo! :(

Good luck on your future endeavors.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 9th, 2012 at 10:34 pm said:

thank you very much.

+ MakoSOLIDER on November 9th, 2012 at 5:12 pm said:

Nooooo, I’m really gonna miss you Jeff. So are u getting another job somewhere else or….? What are you Moving on to? Well, Good luck in the future!

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 9th, 2012 at 10:34 pm said:

Yes, I am moving on to something quite a bit different. Thank you for the well wishes.

+ blu_unclegh on November 9th, 2012 at 5:15 pm said:

It’s a sad day for Playstation. Sorry to see yo go Jeff, but i hope you do well wherever you end up. Hope you come back as a guest once in a while on the blogcast.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 9th, 2012 at 10:34 pm said:

I’ll be back for Blogcast 100. I made them promise!

+ hrcrowley on November 9th, 2012 at 5:16 pm said:

Saaad news. Thank you for helping Playstation become a family and not just a faceless corporate product. Best of luck to you and yours.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 9th, 2012 at 10:35 pm said:

thank you. Shame it was my face!

+ mcbuttz78 on November 9th, 2012 at 5:20 pm said:

Man i shook by this i didnt see this coming.. chris left now your leaving.. This hurts alot really ruined my night and alot of ps legionaires night. I would like to thank you for listening to the fans and getting ideas off these blog and forums to better than psn brand. I dont think psn would have made it wth you , cris and grace..

ty For bringing psn blog share. psn 1 day, pre order. psn ideas from these blog as well as many other ideas.. You’ve keep the poor gamer in mind as rich gamer.. We use to joke ont the blog the sly cooper twin cris and jeff.. Just for jeff im going ride the year out with a sly cooper avi. As well alot psn legionairee group member on the blog, its a salute to you. also 5 star salute to the post!!

Thank you jeff for all you have done no way we can every repay the kindness.

Mcbuttz78
vp-psn legioanirre group

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 9th, 2012 at 10:36 pm said:

Thanks McButtz. I can’t take credit for all those things, but keep making yourself heard.

+ kirafung on November 9th, 2012 at 5:22 pm said:

Oh….sad news…

Wish you a better future Jeff, and see you on SEN~!

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 9th, 2012 at 10:36 pm said:

Thank you, and yes – I’ll be there!

+ SiborgSimoSctlnd on November 9th, 2012 at 5:23 pm said:

Thought you were peeing in that top photo. Haha :D

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 9th, 2012 at 10:36 pm said:

Ha, I can see where you’d think that. HIndsight 20/20

+ quirowekjefhgekr on November 9th, 2012 at 5:23 pm said:

aww, gonna miss hearing your voice on the blogcast. i was looking forward to seeing you in the 52nd episode :). well, i guess we all have to move on. have a good one outside of playstation and (i cant remember if it was you or not but….) remember to play journey since you (hopefully) have some free time now. :D you will always be in my heart.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 9th, 2012 at 10:37 pm said:

The next couple of shows should be good (I saw the guest list). I’ve beaten Journey – get on Sid about that!

+ snakeman07 on November 9th, 2012 at 5:24 pm said:

I’ll miss seeing your name during the credits of first party titles :(

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 9th, 2012 at 10:37 pm said:

Me too, my friend. Me too.

+ Chase167 on November 9th, 2012 at 5:25 pm said:

Best of luck Jeff
Congrats

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 9th, 2012 at 10:37 pm said:

thank you for saying so.

+ Mattchewie on November 9th, 2012 at 5:26 pm said:

Aww man, sad to see you go Jeff. I’m hoping this move was voluntary and you weren’t down sized like Will Powers.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 9th, 2012 at 10:38 pm said:

I’ve left of my own free will. doesn’t make it any easier, though!

+ Zoryu_of_Setsuna on November 9th, 2012 at 5:30 pm said:

Man I’m going to miss you Jeff, the posts you make and on the Playstation Blogcast, loved hearing what you had to say. You’ll be missed Jeff and take care, and good luck for whatever you do in the future. You will always be apart of Playstation no matter where you go. ^_^

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 9th, 2012 at 10:38 pm said:

Thanks for saying so – PlayStation will always be a part of me, too.

+ LordRaoh on November 9th, 2012 at 5:32 pm said:

Good luck to you in your future endeavors

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 9th, 2012 at 10:38 pm said:

thanks and you as well.

+ PoisonDart on November 9th, 2012 at 5:33 pm said:

Ahh man Jeff, sad to see you leave bro, kinda came outta nowhere but hey life goes on.. GL on whatevers next on your plate.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 9th, 2012 at 10:39 pm said:

I like surprises! And yes, everything will go on.

+ NeoGuardian86 on November 9th, 2012 at 5:33 pm said:

bye Jeff! best of luck in your future endeavors.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 9th, 2012 at 10:39 pm said:

‘Endeavors’ sounds really grandiose. Looks like I’ve got a lot of work ahead of me.

+ snakeeyes211 on November 9th, 2012 at 5:34 pm said:

Jeff you will be missed I wish you great fortune in all your future endeavors you always answered all my questions on the blog as well as Twitter so in behalf of me and my friends in the community we wish you the best. :-(

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 9th, 2012 at 10:40 pm said:

Happy to answer questions. Hope you liked the answers.

+ FearMonkey on November 9th, 2012 at 5:38 pm said:

Sad to see you go, Jeff. You will be missed.

Good luck!

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 9th, 2012 at 10:40 pm said:

Well thanks – I’ll miss all of you, too.

+ jose213jose on November 9th, 2012 at 5:40 pm said:

Thanks Jeff for all the years, your truly awesome. :)

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 9th, 2012 at 10:42 pm said:

Thank you – the years went by quickly.

+ ATLRoAcH on November 9th, 2012 at 5:40 pm said:

Jeff, I still remember the day the PS Blog was born. You’ve really been the face of PlayStation for me since then. You were the connection to the fans. The news that you’re leaving saddens me. It also worries me because I don’t know why. With Sony laying people off(one who expressed his opinions) and shutting down studios like Zipper and Light Box Interactive, I can’t help but wonder what is really going on. One person on Twitter who knew you were leaving made it sound like things were bad at PlayStation and that is why you’re leaving. I just really hope that isn’t the case.

Anyway, I wish you good luck in the future. I really hope things turn out great for you and I’ll miss seeing you in the world of PlayStation.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 9th, 2012 at 10:42 pm said:

I believe that many, many exciting times are ahead for PlayStation and its fans. I’m one of them!

PAGE 1 2 3 5