Final Fantasy VII Remake

Nov 09

So, Today is My Last Day at PlayStation

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Nov 09, 2012 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Jeff Rubenstein

After five years, 5,995 blog posts, and 10,888 Tweets, today is my final day at PlayStation. We’ve accomplished a lot together: we’ve built PlayStation.Blog into one of the most influential blogs in the world, amassed the largest Twitter following in the industry and the 8th most fans in the world on Facebook (watch out McDonalds!). I mention these stats not to brag, but because I continue to be amazed at the enduring strength of the PlayStation brand and its fervent fans, whom I’ve been lucky to serve as Social Media Dudebro since 2007.

Jeff yells at people a lot

PlayStation, specifically SCEA, has been very good to me. I’ve been sent to gamescom, Tokyo Game Show, PAXes East and Prime, Comic-Con, and E3 many times over. I’ve gotten to personally put PS Vitas into fans’ hands for the first time at Social Club events. I’ve gotten to share exciting news, first looks, and big reveals with you, then relay your feedback to the teams that created them. Keep telling us what you think; it really does count!

Most impactful of all, I’ve met thousands of great people — gaming industry, media, and PlayStation fans — some of whom have become true friends.

Jeff just pretends to play games

Now, I’m actually looking forward to jumping back over to the fan side of the fence. Working through my massive backlog of games (starting with The Unfinished Swan this weekend). Buying The Last of Us at a midnight launch. Actually being surprised at E3.

It’ll be a big adjustment for me — but not for you. Perhaps the most important thing I’ve done here at PlayStation is surround myself with people more talented (if not better looking) than myself. Sid, Rey, and Justin are the reasons PlayStation.Blog is as informative, entertaining, and influential as it is. None of that will change when I walk out the door this afternoon. And I guess that’s why I’m at peace with moving on; my work here is well and truly done.

Play with me on PSN (JeffPS) and/or follow me on Twitter (@jeffrubenstein). I’m practicing PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale right now. Bring it, my Radec is ready.

TL;DR I’ve really loved working with, and for, all of you.

Jeff eats like a girl

P.S. — Confession time: I’m the one who spilled coffee all over the break room on October 15th, 2007. I didn’t know how to operate the coffee maker. I regret the error.

+ JonJonXD on November 11th, 2012 at 5:55 pm said:

You will be missed.

I enjoyed reading your posts for the last few years.

Good luck!

+ JEC94 on November 11th, 2012 at 7:46 pm said:

First , Kevin Butler then the Qoute girl then Christina Lee and now Jeff…… Damn all the cool people left…….

+ BlindMango on November 11th, 2012 at 8:06 pm said:

Wow, I am going to miss the face of the PlayStation Community! You were awesome and went out of your way and answered many of our questions and comments, I salute you for that, thanks. =D I hope to see you have as much of a great impact wherever you go now, best of luck in the future and thank you so much for your major contribution for PlayStation and the PS community over the past few years Jeff

+ JEC94 on November 11th, 2012 at 8:07 pm said:

+ BlindMango on November 11th, 2012 at 9:39 pm said:

Qore* lol

+ angelspawn77 on November 11th, 2012 at 11:12 pm said:

Sorry to hear you’re leaving Jeff, I recall meeting you at the MAG event in Las Vegas, you were a really cool guy. Wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors. It will be weird not seeing you doing interviews for the blog or e3 coverage anymore. I’ll miss your sometimes awkward interviews :P

+ BiezulbubBill69 on November 12th, 2012 at 5:48 am said:

This is horrible news PLEASE don’t leave Jeff! :(

+ hulkrock on November 12th, 2012 at 5:59 am said:

Thanks for all the postings dude. And the laughs.

+ quasar338 on November 12th, 2012 at 5:59 am said:

Well Jeff, It has been a great 6 years or so since you started and my hats off to you. It’s Rob Gamerindepthclub host. You’ve made and the rest of you my work at the gic so much easier and the info is great. I hope your future is awsome and your life is blessed greatly. I have a feeling you’ll be missed greatly by alot in the office and out here. So, Congrats on a job well done . Good -Bye my friend . Yep a friend , one whos hard work informed so many.

+ FUNKYbyNature on November 12th, 2012 at 7:41 am said:

Good Luck Jeff !!! I always liked your work. You seem like a very nice guy and a true gamer ! Good luck again !

+ Jackal888 on November 12th, 2012 at 7:58 am said:

Jeff thanks for shaping a community out of consumer group that was scattered and disparate. I love the blog, videos and interviews. You leave it in good “Farm Fresh” hands. I hope your next venture is as fruitful.

+ Spacerac on November 12th, 2012 at 2:00 pm said:

I’ll miss you jeff. it was your blogs and sid’s that motivated me to get off my rear and work to get a ps3.

+ GokuOfHeaven on November 13th, 2012 at 4:01 pm said:

Jeff, as much as we all enjoyed listening to you, we know wherever you end up they are getting someone special. Good luck to you and your family. And now, It’s time to be one of us. Enjoy and Happy Holidays.

+ LUGIEZ on November 18th, 2012 at 12:01 pm said:

Sad to see you go Jeff, I have read many of your posts, and enjoyed all the information you disseminated to us Playstation gamers…I appreciate all the work you’ve done and wish you the best in the future man. Thanks man!

+ Pokemon_Mew_24 on November 25th, 2012 at 1:31 am said:

Wow, Mr. Rubenstein. That’s sad to see you go. :( You made lots of awesone posts and I will miss you dearly. We all love you! See you on the PSN! :D

+ Elvick_ on November 10th, 2012 at 12:21 pm said:

Gaming God speed.

+ DeathGazer on November 10th, 2012 at 12:24 pm said:

Couldn’t log-in yesterday to give my farewells, so I’ll give them now.

So long and good luck, Jeff. The Blog will never be the same without you.

+ Weaponator-3614 on November 10th, 2012 at 12:59 pm said:

So long Jeff! Good luck with your future!

+ NickMulder on November 10th, 2012 at 1:03 pm said:

Hate to see him go :/ but I have a good idea!! How about a Jeff Rubenstein avatar!!!! :p hahahaha

+ sugarfree1098 on November 10th, 2012 at 1:16 pm said:

Good Luck Jeff! Will Miss Seeing Your Name On The Blog.

+ germix27 on November 10th, 2012 at 1:20 pm said:

Bye Jeff! Regards from Argentina!!! We’ll miss you! :( Thank you for all those post all this years!

+ willywonka159 on November 10th, 2012 at 1:36 pm said:

Sad to see you go, but good luck with everything in your future. I expect great things.

+ fmr32 on November 10th, 2012 at 1:44 pm said:

Dear JEFF,
i am sure that i speak for all french playstation fans when i say
you ll be massively missed and you shall be remembered as one of the playstation greats.
good luck and god speed my friend.

+ T3mpr1x on November 10th, 2012 at 1:50 pm said:

Sad to see you go! Incidentally I recently left the site I wrote for (PlayStation LifeStyle), and I’m in that second picture you have posted (in the back left). Anyway, best of luck in whatever you do in the future!

+ LilWayneSuckz on November 10th, 2012 at 2:24 pm said:

I will miss your voice on the podcast

P.S. Please stay

+ nv_Los on November 10th, 2012 at 2:34 pm said:

you will be missed and sucks that we wont be seeing any more post by you

+ dorkgeniuz21 on November 10th, 2012 at 2:46 pm said:

I bid you adue my fellow Jeff….Welcome back to the darkside…as a gamer again I mean..

+ sciteach on November 10th, 2012 at 3:13 pm said:

can’t tell if you’re taking a leak on the playstation lawn there. sorry to see you go regardless

+ Figboy on November 10th, 2012 at 3:15 pm said:

Good luck, Jeff! You’ve been great all these years!

+ davidbeaudin on November 10th, 2012 at 5:03 pm said:

Merci Jeff et bonne chance dans ta vie future !!

+ guitarded77 on November 10th, 2012 at 5:24 pm said:

Sorry I’m late Jeff…

We’re gonna miss you, and you’re gonna miss our constant questioning and complaining. You’ve been good to us. Best wishes, guitarded77

+ profinblack on November 10th, 2012 at 5:25 pm said:

Requesting update on the Street Fighter x Tekken PS Vita dlcs which were promised. Please tell us what’s going on. Thank you.

+ Eblis01 on November 10th, 2012 at 5:34 pm said:

Best of luck to you now and in the future. Thank you for the 5 great years you gave us all you will be missed. Add me if you like.

+ Kaddyshacks on November 10th, 2012 at 6:39 pm said:

While I’m saddened to see you go, I wish you the absolute best in your future pursuits!

+ Kasaix on November 10th, 2012 at 6:49 pm said:

It’s sad to see you go! I wish you all the best in whatever you do next.

+ tusunami on November 10th, 2012 at 7:24 pm said:

I’m a follower of Ps Blog, I just read on the Ps Blog that your no longer with Sony. I wish you well in your future endeavors. Oh & your friends list is maxed out.

+ ItsIntegrity on November 10th, 2012 at 7:29 pm said:

If its a planned event than good luck… If its due to SCEA’s ignorance and policy to ignore REAL issues then good ridance. A lot of things have been ignored, especially as of late, and Id hope you did everything you could do help the consumers.

BTW… if you were and thats why your leaving (cuz SCEA think they dont have to abode by their own TOS) then you’ll land a job 7 times better than this company.

+ ItsIntegrity on November 10th, 2012 at 7:29 pm said:

On yur way out… can you ask em to add a sort feature to our downloads listing on the PS Store?

+ kingkongmike on November 11th, 2012 at 12:22 am said:

good riddence lol

+ rootsragga70-09 on November 11th, 2012 at 2:48 am said:

yep greetings from germany…thx fresh dude for all supporting news and themes over all the years for us…be brave and healthy on your way up…always an 1up should be dropping for you…bye

+ Gorvi on November 11th, 2012 at 5:20 am said:

I just heard on the Blogcast, this is sad news. I wish you the best of luck!

+ Carl-G on November 11th, 2012 at 5:53 am said:

Sad to see you go :( Good luck in the future;)

+ God-Of-Lyf on November 11th, 2012 at 6:51 am said:

Is he whizzing on the Playstation sign? (We all would like to do that sometimes!) (*New PSN Store*) Wondering, with leaving unexpected, have you joined the Darkside perhaps?

+ mikedo2007 on November 11th, 2012 at 8:52 am said:

Oh man, so sad when I read this. I remember meeting you at the Playstation Move event at Washington DC a few years back. I’m going to miss see you on PS Blog. Good luck on your future job, Jeff!!!

+ But_Honestly on November 11th, 2012 at 9:37 am said:

Farewell, Zombie Blognak. We’ll miss you and the wife tirelessly making Minis for us. :)

+ ichigoNkurosaki on November 11th, 2012 at 9:43 am said:

:'( I will miss you! And your replies/topics/posts!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

+ MARCAO2010 on November 11th, 2012 at 10:12 am said:

NNNOOO!!!! Jeff come back!!!!
Hehe! Well good luck for you!!
I will remember all events I saw you like E3 and I talked to you, gave me your autograph hehe and talked about games, playstation etc.

+ Turk-Askeri7 on November 11th, 2012 at 10:30 am said:

It’s not easy to replace Jeff Rubenstein so I hope they find a good replacement, we and yes I do mean WE as in the Playstation Community are going to miss you Jeff, I wish you the best in your future endeavours :)

Bye :'(

+ Goonboy on November 9th, 2012 at 4:52 pm said:

Buh-bye Jeff. Where you off to? good luck!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 9th, 2012 at 10:20 pm said:

Not really appropriate to talk about here, but thank you!

+ XenonSovereign on November 9th, 2012 at 4:52 pm said:

Wow. Sad to see you go, Jeff. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar