PS4 - Destiny

The Drop: Week of November 12th 2012 New Releases

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar + Posted by Rey Gutierrez on Nov 11, 2012 // Senior Social Media Specialist

On PS3 this week, Call of Duty: Black Ops II arrives with an all-new Call of Duty – Black Ops storyline featuring new characters and returning characters. A unique single-player campaign that contains two time periods linked by characters and their actions. As well as Special Strike Force missions, in which the players action affect the outcome of gameplay and the overall campaign, and of course a killer variety of multiplayer modes and play options.

On PS Vita and on PSN as a digital download, bridging the storyline between the original Call of Duty: Black Ops and this year’s highly anticipated follow-up, Call of Duty: Black Ops II, Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified explores original fiction in the series, told through a collection of single player operations. The PS Vita exclusive title, brings classic Call of Duty-style gameplay to gamers on-the-go, offering a console gaming experience anytime, anywhere. And with touch screen and Near features, Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified puts the adrenaline-rush action of Call of Duty in the palm of your hands.

Enjoy this week’s The Drop.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

An entry into the blockbuster first-person shooter franchise, Call of Duty: Black Ops II brings players back into the shadows for another Black Ops mission assignment. Rooted in near-future fiction, Black Ops II propels players into warfare in an epic single player campaign highlighted by branching storylines and non-linear missions. A re-imagined multiplayer suite introduces players to some of the most cutting-edge weaponry and equipment that 2025 will have to offer. And on the outskirts of the campaign is an all-new Zombies experience running in the multiplayer engine.

Wonderbook: Book of Spells – Bring wizardry to life in your living room on PlayStation 3 in this interactive adventure designed for PlayStation Move and Wonderbook.

Discover exclusive, new and original worlds brought to you by J.K. Rowling that comes to life as you read in Wonderbook: Book of Spells. Over two hundred years ago, Miranda Goshawk drafted the Book of Spells, which can be found in the Restricted Section of the Hogwarts library. This advanced textbook will assist students on their journey to becoming an accomplished witch or wizard. Read, discover, learn and practice spells such as Incendio, Wingardium Leviosa and Expelliarmus, as well as discover mischievous notes, spells and humorous anecdotal facts scribbled into the margins by previous Hogwarts students. J.K. Rowling has written a conundrum that leads you through the experience, providing insight into the values a witch or wizard has to learn, and inviting you to journey through the book to unlock new content, rewarding successful students along the way.

Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified

Also on PSN – Before the future could be won, history had to be written. Exposing that story exclusively on PlayStation Vita, Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified explores original fiction in the Call of Duty Black Ops universe with an all-new campaign of Special Ops missions. Optimized for gamers on-the-go, Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified delivers the most intense handheld Call of Duty experience to date, including both Special Ops Story mode and Multiplayer combat tailored for the PS Vita.

Planets Under Attack – Planets under Attack offers a surprising depth of gameplay, while its intuitive controls allow even casual gamers to pick it up and feel comfortable immediately. In addition to the addicting gameplay, Planets under Attack is an obvious labor of love.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 – The highly-anticipated sequel to 2000′s legendary Tekken Tag Tournament, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is being brought to home consoles with all of the action seen in the arcades along with unique content and features that can’t be seen anywhere else.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 delivers new and returning characters in the largest roster ever. Experience the most advanced attack mechanics, ultimate combo move sets and new battle modes. With innovative features to broaden Tekken consumer accessibility, unlimited fighter combinations and multiple ways to challenge your friends, it’s time to get ready for the next battle.

Wicked Monster Blast! HD – Wicked Monster Blast HD is a shooting gallery game for all ages in which you use the PlayStation Move to blast enemies and solve puzzles! Choose your favorite from a cast of crazy characters to take on over 10 crazy missions with up to four of your friends!

SingStar Digital – SingStar’s selection of music ranges from classics over pop to rock, complete with music videos starring everyone from the Village People to Blondie. On-screen overlays display the voice pitch in real-time. Developed by SCE’s London studio, SingStar has grown to become the firm’s most successful casual gaming franchise, selling more than 16 million units in Europe alone.

Demos

• F1 Race Stars
  • Need for Speed: Most Wanted
  • Planets Under Attack
  • Ragnarok Odyssey

[Editor’s Note: The following dates are subject to change. Game details are gathered from Press Releases from their individual publishers and/or ESRB rating descriptions.]

146 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Bruno_Helghast on November 11th, 2012 at 4:03 pm said:

I’ll buy a Vita next week. Waiting anxiously for the Plus on PS Vita! And then, maybe I’ll buy Black Ops: Declassified.

+ jonny2010 on November 11th, 2012 at 4:05 pm said:

wanted to know if Black Ops II was going to be on psn tuesday?

+ shxheer on November 11th, 2012 at 4:06 pm said:

WTF! WHY IS BLACK OPS 2 NOT ON PSN

+ Niko_of_Death on November 11th, 2012 at 4:06 pm said:

Really excited for black ops declassified!

+ SeraphisCain on November 11th, 2012 at 4:06 pm said:

*sigh*

Still no Guilty Gear. Thanks for that.

+ sal0713 on November 11th, 2012 at 4:07 pm said:

We all like to know if Black ops 2 will be sold digitally on the psn? please answer this. SO that i can either pre order on gamestop or buy psn cards.

+ Destiny89 on November 11th, 2012 at 4:07 pm said:

Black Ops 2 yess!!

+ shxheer on November 11th, 2012 at 4:07 pm said:

You put that overhyped crap moh but not black ops 2

+ SHINOBI_3 on November 11th, 2012 at 4:10 pm said:

nothin good this week. hitman absolution, sonic and all stars racing and clan of champions comes out next week, so its all good.

+ ixnine on November 11th, 2012 at 4:11 pm said:

Will the Need for Speed: Most Wanted demo be for PS3 or PS Vita?

+ MarkakaJin on November 11th, 2012 at 4:11 pm said:

Only looking forward to the Ragnarok Odyssey demo. I want to know if that’s actually a good game or not.

+ Adelflame on November 11th, 2012 at 4:13 pm said:

Wheres guilty gear!? :C care to tell me why you havent released it yet sony?

+ shxheer on November 11th, 2012 at 4:15 pm said:

Dissapointed again. The fact that you put games like medal of honor, madden and 2k13 but not bo2 disgusts me

+ hrcrowley on November 11th, 2012 at 4:16 pm said:

Wonderbook?…er, it’s for the kids. And even possibly Wicked Monster Blast HD if the price be right.

+ Nick930930 on November 11th, 2012 at 4:23 pm said:

Just had my birthday:

-God of War Saga
-Assassin’s Creed 3 + Liberation
-Medal of Honor Warfighter
-LittlebigPlanet Karting
-Hitman Absolution
-Black Ops 2

….yeah I think I’m good till Christmas………….. No reason to check PSBlog other than the PS Plus freebies lol

+ Nick930930 on November 11th, 2012 at 4:23 pm said:

Any ETA on the PS Plus for Vita? I’d like to see what other games I can add to my already embarassingly large list.

+ MarkakaJin on November 11th, 2012 at 4:25 pm said:

Yeah, we need info about PS Plus on the PS Vita.

+ Superstone on November 11th, 2012 at 4:26 pm said:

Black Ops 2 as digital!!!!!!!! Where are the PSone classics and where is Wrestlefest?

+ helbertpina on November 11th, 2012 at 4:26 pm said:

Amazing how Call of Duty manages to scare game releases every year. This week’s drop looks like a single tree in the middle of the desert…

Also, Vita Plus details. What’s the holdup?

+ Augur4 on November 11th, 2012 at 4:29 pm said:

Ragnarok Odyssey demo will be awesome. Also, looking forward to PS Plus on the Vita…

+ ieswkMN on November 11th, 2012 at 4:29 pm said:

Well they did say “Also on PSN” could that mean Black Ops 2 Digital?

+ GRIM__REAFER on November 11th, 2012 at 4:31 pm said:

I’m not getting Black Ops, but that fact that you put some games on PSN Digital make me wonder why something like Black Ops isn’t there as well.

Just saying…….

And you guys can’t expect Amazing Drops EVERY week.

Who do think they are? Quick N Loans?

+ TerraAshura on November 11th, 2012 at 4:32 pm said:

Eh, not too interested in COD. Thanks though. Better luck next week, I suppose…

+ Edzo04ps on November 11th, 2012 at 4:39 pm said:

so on the new playstation store on the vita channel theres a link to the jet set radio vita demo but it says unavailable at this time. tell me good news for this week.

+ SoraNeroSerrah on November 11th, 2012 at 4:40 pm said:

@People asking about Black Ops 2. On the blogcast they said there would not be a digital release of it. I’m sure that’s a decision by the developer not Sony,

+ TLove92 on November 11th, 2012 at 4:41 pm said:

Are people dumb? Black ops 2 don’t come out until the 13th hello people

+ D-Squad3 on November 11th, 2012 at 4:44 pm said:

I would be so happy to get PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale this week.

+ Tech_IX on November 11th, 2012 at 4:45 pm said:

Everybody by now should know that Microsoft has a deal with the call of duty people and they get all dlc a month early before ps3 and pc gets it. So that’s probably why Black Ops 2 won’t be on the ps store on day 1. It’ll probably take over a year for it to be put on psn so go pre-order it if you can.

+ gohan16ken on November 11th, 2012 at 4:47 pm said:

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 came to the PSN 2 months after it was release, yet Street Fighter x Tekken has not been release digitally yet.

+ jonny2010 on November 11th, 2012 at 4:47 pm said:

@26
well yea im sure everyone knows that by now lol.

+ ShariusTC on November 11th, 2012 at 4:53 pm said:

wow, come on sony, i need plus to vita, yesterday i just got my save file corrupt in AC: liberation game have to rtedo everything from the begin, and i wish if vita has the plus support so i can backup my save file like on the ps3

+ vpaula98 on November 11th, 2012 at 4:53 pm said:

I cant wait for Call Of Dookie to come out. All those campers can leave Battlefield 3 and I can actually have fun again. Any news on PS+ for the Vita. OH! A few more questions, if we get a save cloud how much space do we get and I am assuming that the Vita will get a FW update to install the cloud upload. And can you guys put a direct link to this site on the XMB? That would be da turd.

+ mcbuttz78 on November 11th, 2012 at 4:54 pm said:

@28 i doubt a year , maybe 30 days . Im getting the hit man game i pre orderd it..I dont care for cod. they never make any fixes for it on the ps3 side like they should.. its not worth the stress.. to me but other seems to like. it..

I been waiting for the hitman :)

mcbuttz78
vp- psn legioniaree group

+ YaBoy125 on November 11th, 2012 at 4:58 pm said:

Really? This is just sad. Not only can you not rely on the drop post for being accurate as to what is actually going to hit on Tuesday, but now you aren’t even describing the products adequately!?

What GENRE is that even? Seriously?

+ mcbuttz78 on November 11th, 2012 at 4:58 pm said:

@ 31 u can save your vita file on your vita manager on a pc.. try it

+ emad-E-three on November 11th, 2012 at 5:02 pm said:

Will be Pre-Ordering my 2nd PSVITA Declassified bundle with Black Ops 2 :D

+ Tech_IX on November 11th, 2012 at 5:05 pm said:

@33 I agree they fix the other systems first that pay more. Black Ops 2 will have a lot of hackers on it since Sony can’t secure their system and it got jailbroken again and they can all play online.

+ Brink-2-Chaos on November 11th, 2012 at 5:09 pm said:

Anybody else having issues with Ps3s time since the Fall back Keep setting mine via internet But is still an hour off

+ Nick930930 on November 11th, 2012 at 5:15 pm said:

Looking forward to buying a call of duty again. Haven’t bought one on PS3 since MW2. I imagine not much has changed would I be correct in assuming so? (I hope so :))

+ JonJonXD on November 11th, 2012 at 5:21 pm said:

It makes me so sad that Jet Set Radio hasn’t come out yet for the Vita. This is really ridiculous.

I’m really curious about the Vita COD though. I hope there’s a demo soon.

+ dodgedoors on November 11th, 2012 at 5:21 pm said:

BOOOOOO I want walking dead. HAHAHA

+ ATHANASSIUS on November 11th, 2012 at 5:24 pm said:

An ok week

+ XenonSovereign on November 11th, 2012 at 5:27 pm said:

Isn’t Wonderbook coming out this week? You guys must really not care about that.

+ BretBaber on November 11th, 2012 at 5:30 pm said:

I wonder if there are any reviews up for Black Ops for the Vita. Don’t really care about Black Ops 2, I’ve lost interest in those games. Just hope the Vita version does well to maybe boost some Vita sales!

+ duke301 on November 11th, 2012 at 5:30 pm said:

Cool update this week. I may check out a few of the demos as I’m still in the middle of AC3. I’m also reather eager to see what will be included in Plus! for Vita. I just hope it isn’t something bad like Little Deviants.

+ WanyaRolf on November 11th, 2012 at 5:31 pm said:

Am I the only that thinks that Call of Duty is not a big thing? I liked all of them (WWII and Modern), they’re all right games, but come on. It’s nothing new and the latest ones are quite weak entrys in the franchise. Graphics don’t do a great game. They do a great game even greater. Anyway, preferences aside, nothing new this week. Like #19 said, it seems that call of duty manages to scare every release away.

+ jonejungle on November 11th, 2012 at 5:35 pm said:

Good job Sony blog writers!You guys have made it so unclear if black ops will be on the store on Tuesday.Great job Sony!

+ IceColdKilla44 on November 11th, 2012 at 5:47 pm said:

I just YouTube’d some gameplay for COD on Vita and even though it looks MILES better than it did in that GamesCom trailer, I’m still a little skeptical (I’m not even a COD fanatic or anything but I like the idea of a shooter on the go).

I hope you guys are actually paying attention to this game and have some sort of launch trailer or blog post; it’s easily the one thing that will decide whether or not Vita sells well this holiday.

+ MakoSOLIDER on November 11th, 2012 at 5:48 pm said:

Wonderbook is under an invisibility cloak.

+ trum3n1 on November 11th, 2012 at 5:57 pm said:

#48

Maybe because the release date of BO2 is 13th?

PAGE 1 2 3