PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

PlayStation Plus for PS Vita Available Next Week – Take the Tour

Don Mesa's Avatar + Posted by Don Mesa on Nov 13, 2012 // Director, Product Planning & Platform Software Innovation, SCEA

During Tokyo Game Show we announced that PlayStation Plus would be coming to PlayStation Vita in November. We are excited to reveal that PS Plus will be available on November 19th as part of the next PS Vita System Software Update (v2.00).

I teamed up with Ray Bautista, Product Manager of Digital Platforms Strategic Planning to give you a sneak peek at the Instant Game Collection for PS Vita and all of the benefits and features that PS Plus has to offer. Today I’ll walk you through some of the other new features you can look forward to with the system software update, including an email app, the ability to transfer content wirelessly between your PS Vita and PC, and enhancements to the web browser.

With the addition of PS Plus, and such a great lineup of exclusive games launching by this holiday, now is the perfect time to purchase a PS Vita.

As Ray mentioned, PS Plus will offer exclusive discounts and bonus features for both PS Vita and PlayStation 3 members. In addition to online storage for game saves, automatic updates and Trophy synching, PS Plus members will get access to the Instant Game Collection, a constantly updated library selection of games, starting when the PlayStation Store updates on Tuesday, November 20th.

Once you update your PS Vita to v2.00 and PS Store publishes next Tuesday, PS Plus members will be able to download the Instant Game Collection, which includes PS Vita games Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Jet Set Radio HD, WipEout 2048, Gravity Rush and Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack!, as well as (PSP) PlayStation Portable hit Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions.

Don’t forget that PS3 users with an existing PS Plus membership will be able to enjoy PS Plus features and services on both PS3 and PS Vita systems at no additional cost. You will be able to choose between the two subscription options — a three month plan for $17.99 and a one year plan for $49.99.

For more information on System Software Updates, please visit this page, which will provide additional details on v2.00 when the update goes live.

PlayStation Plus on PS Vita

PAGE 1 2 3 11

+ killersense on November 13th, 2012 at 8:04 am said:

already own uncharted and tales but the others i dont so this is awesome. thanks a lot. I wonder what people complain about this time

+ DrApollo on November 13th, 2012 at 8:05 am said:

This news is fantastic! I can’t wait!

Don Mesa's Avatar

+ Don Mesa on November 13th, 2012 at 9:28 am said:

Glad you like what we’re bringing out next week. We’re pretty excited ourselves!

+ KillerBane91 on November 13th, 2012 at 8:06 am said:

can’t wait :) already own a few of thoughs but still games that i want

+ Wario64 on November 13th, 2012 at 8:06 am said:

Holy crap at the selection

+ DrSmoov on November 13th, 2012 at 8:06 am said:

DYNO-MITE. This is wonderful news.

+ thecontroller92 on November 13th, 2012 at 8:07 am said:

i haven gt gravity rush yet this is jus plain awesome!!! thanks playstation team

+ utterer on November 13th, 2012 at 8:07 am said:

Impressed with this launch lineup for PS+ on Vita. Keep it up!

+ Isidrera on November 13th, 2012 at 8:07 am said:

Cool starter PSVita games, but could morgan please anwser my questions:
1- is there going to be ps vita free content on ps plus?
2- if you dont have a ps vita can you add content to the download list and download it later on?
3- is there any news on Final Fantasy X HD?
4-can you download content in 2 PS3 and 1 PS vita?
5-where is the monthly update?

Don Mesa's Avatar

+ Don Mesa on November 13th, 2012 at 9:34 am said:

Is there going to be ps vita free content on ps plus?
    The PS Vita games mentioned above for PS Plus are free when you sign up for PS Plus.

If you dont have a ps vita can you add content to the download list and download it later on?
    Yes you can. Download away with your Plus membership, and when you get your PS Vita they’ll be sitting there waiting for you to transfer over.

Can you download content in 2 PS3 and 1 PS vita?
    You’re entitled to DRM on 2 home consoles and 2 portables.

Where is the monthly update?
    Plus updates come weekly every Monday on the PS blog.

+ PHead4 on November 13th, 2012 at 8:08 am said:

2 words: cannot…wait. have most of those games but that’s ok. there are a few I don’t have. cloud saves are going to be fantastic

+ jstnblln16 on November 13th, 2012 at 8:08 am said:

Can’t wait. thanks playstation

+ DZORMAGEN on November 13th, 2012 at 8:09 am said:

Ok so I own Uncharted Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush hard copies, and I already own Mutant Blobs Attack.

Here is my questions….

1. If I decide to buy the digital versions for Uncharted Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush how will it affect my save files?
2. Will I still be able to play the digital copies with the save files I previously have?
3. Also let’s say once my Plus subscription is done (which it wont for a long time) will these games I buy at $5 forever be mine forever?

If so I will buy the digital versions for these games, and go digital from here on out when it comes to the Vita…

Don Mesa's Avatar

+ Don Mesa on November 13th, 2012 at 10:01 am said:

Your save files will not be affected, and through PS Plus you’ll have access to your online game saves which will allow you to use your save data with your digital version. And as with the PS Plus program in general, you’ll need to be a Plus member to access free content downloaded via your membership. Should your membership lapse and you return later, your free content will be there waiting for you.

+ chsnavi on November 13th, 2012 at 8:09 am said:

EXTREME LIKE@!@#! THAT’s 5 games i don’t have on my vita, that i want to play. Thanks A BUNCH@!

+ Netweb on November 13th, 2012 at 8:09 am said:

Damn GOD service! Plus until 2015! :D

+ WorcesterRaider on November 13th, 2012 at 8:10 am said:

If there is any Playstation Plus members that don’t own a Vita they have zero excuses. These are AAA games. Own a bunch of them and I can say these games are the creme of the crop! Well done….well done.

+ Hogwild333 on November 13th, 2012 at 8:10 am said:

I love the Vita line-up. I only own one of the six games. I’m glad you have 5 true Vita game and only 1 PSP game. I think this is going to go a long way towards getting PS Plus users to buy a Vita if they haven’t already. Keep up the great work!

+ Major01 on November 13th, 2012 at 8:11 am said:

Nice collection of games to start with. I’m glad to see a PSP game in there also.

+ Stoffinator on November 13th, 2012 at 8:11 am said:

Now if I only had a Vita :-\

Don Mesa's Avatar

+ Don Mesa on November 13th, 2012 at 9:49 am said:

Never too late to get one! Come join us!

+ oo7PorscheMGS on November 13th, 2012 at 8:11 am said:

Props to SONY, this is value. Now I have a question that I’m curious why SONY has not responded to yet… on your own playstation.com “share” site, socom 1 and socom 2 HD are THE most voted games to be remade… and yet SOCOM is the one franchise SONY has YET to make an HD collection out of….. how about giving the fans what they want? Maybe? SONY should at least address this… send this to your bosses and let them know… there is no point for that “share ideas” option if SONY is not going to listen to THE most requested game by ALL playstation fans….

Don Mesa's Avatar

+ Don Mesa on November 13th, 2012 at 10:02 am said:

Thanks for the feedback. We’ve got an eye on this topic but no news to share at this time.

+ D-Squad3 on November 13th, 2012 at 8:12 am said:

SWEET

+ igornaweb_BR on November 13th, 2012 at 8:12 am said:

I can’t wait. =)

+ xeno3d on November 13th, 2012 at 8:12 am said:

I love you Sony!

+ cubbielovr on November 13th, 2012 at 8:12 am said:

Wow….thanks Sony!

+ allnewfie on November 13th, 2012 at 8:12 am said:

Wow cant wait for the update for vita. Sucks for my plus membership has it runs out next week. Guess its time to renew this.

+ Ashilyn on November 13th, 2012 at 8:13 am said:

This is exactly the kind of news I was hoping for. Can’t wait for next week.

+ CrusaderForever on November 13th, 2012 at 8:13 am said:

Thanks Sony! This sounds truly fantastic! I own them all except Jet Set Radio HD and FF Tactics so I appreciate the free games. I just cannot imagine not owning UGA, GR, MBA and WO and seeing this PS Blog post today! I would truly explode! That is an amazing line up of games for people that don’t own them or new Vita owners. Hopefully PS+ Vita and all the great games will sell on the fence gamers on the Vita!

+ Nightmare142 on November 13th, 2012 at 8:14 am said:

Wooooooooooo Can’t wait

+ lisatsunami on November 13th, 2012 at 8:14 am said:

Wow, the initial IGC is better than I thought it would be. Of course I already have most of these but it’s great for new Vita owners. Plus is the best bargain in the industry, thanks! Oh, cloud storage is still the most important thing for me.

+ Marcellus on November 13th, 2012 at 8:14 am said:

Amazing. I am impressed. Good job guys, you really got some great Vita games that show off what the Vita can do. And even a game that isn’t out yet. I’m guessing that confirms Jet Set Radio’s release date as next Tuesday?

+ Boyzby on November 13th, 2012 at 8:14 am said:

Wow, that is a great line-up for PS+ on Vita. I’m actually getting a Vita this week and renewing my PS+ subscription, so it’s nice to know that I’ll have some things to play even if I’m not in the mood for Persona 4 Golden or Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward when it hits. This is just an amazing deal! Major props, PlayStation! ^_^

Don Mesa's Avatar

+ Don Mesa on November 13th, 2012 at 10:05 am said:

Welcome to the PS Vita family! You’ll find that PS Plus for Vita is a great companion to the already awesome system. I’m a big fan of Persona 4 myself!

+ Hogwild333 on November 13th, 2012 at 8:14 am said:

How many new Vita games should we expect each month? I’m guessing we’ll always have six games and new ones will come as old ones leave.

+ ModernNomNom on November 13th, 2012 at 8:14 am said:

This is a great step in the right direction, now all we need is the PlayStation 3 to recognize Vita user’s that are online.

+ remanutd5 on November 13th, 2012 at 8:14 am said:

excellent Instant Game Collection and 95% of what i was expecting, the only complain i have is with the psp game, i’m not planning to play psp games on my vita so i would have loved to see Resistance Burning Skies or Unit 13 instead of Final Fantasy Tactics but other than that this is how you launch a great service on the little system, pretty excited about the present and future of plus on both systems.
Hopefully Resistance Burning Skies (psvita), Motorstorm Apocalypse and Sorcery (ps3) come to plus soon.

+ RedZepp on November 13th, 2012 at 8:15 am said:

Very impressive update! I don’t even own a PS3 and I’m tempted to join Plus just for the Vita benefits.

+ GranpireV on November 13th, 2012 at 8:15 am said:

I only own two of the games in the collection (Mutant Blobs, Wipeout 2048), but this still seems worth it for Uncharted alone.

And a browser update is much-needed! That’s a big highlight for me, and the email app is appreciated as well.

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on November 13th, 2012 at 8:15 am said:

Sounds good. Could we get Rayman Origins in the IGC at some point?

The GTA, God of War, and Metal Gear Solid PSP games would also be awesome.

+ spaceboy21 on November 13th, 2012 at 8:16 am said:

Great starting lineup! Excellent news.

I owned and sold Uncharted, GR, and Wipeout, but as I usually don’t sell many games I was a bit remorseful. I’m very excited to get these great games in the IGC and looking forward to playing them again. (So glad I upgraded to the 32GB card last month) :)

Also looking forward to trying the other 3 games as well! This IGC along with NFSMW, AC3L, Smart As, and Pure Chess my Vita is definitely getting a workout!

+ Spyderzzz on November 13th, 2012 at 8:16 am said:

Dungeon Defenders and Quantum Conundrum?! YES!! STOKED FOR THIS!!!!

+ dotKay on November 13th, 2012 at 8:17 am said:

Amazing!!! I was about to buy Gravity Rush :P
Will the discounts be announced next week?

+ MrSignal on November 13th, 2012 at 8:17 am said:

Spectacular collection.

Now all I have to do is budget for the system and a real memory card.

For the guys with interest about buying the titles without a PS Vita, you can buy the games from the store.
Likely the same for the eventual DLC.

If it isn’t available, grab the PS store program for your PC and download from there.

+ Yuranium on November 13th, 2012 at 8:17 am said:

this is great news. i was about to pick up gravity rush too. even though i already have most of the vita games but im sure theres more to come. cant wait. awesome job sony

+ Hogwild333 on November 13th, 2012 at 8:17 am said:

I just noticed Dungeon Defenders under the PS3 section and it is marked “NEW”. Is that true or a slip-up?

Don Mesa's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on November 13th, 2012 at 11:36 am said:

Dungeon Defenders is in fact coming to Plus, free for members. We’ll have more on it next week! But there will also be more deals next week as well.

+ DeathGazer on November 13th, 2012 at 8:18 am said:

That’s a fantastic Instant Game Collection. Hope this sells a lot of Vitas (amazing machine) and Plus subscriptions (amazing service)

+ DuoMaxwell007 on November 13th, 2012 at 8:18 am said:

Oh hell yeah… I dont even have a vita, but Uncharted is the only game I want one for and its free?!?!?! my cousin (who happens to live with me) has a vita and PS+… Ill definitely be “stealing” his vita for a few days next week heh (watch his memory card be too small to download the game knowing my luck lol).

But if its anything like PS3 PS+ Im sure the vita offerings wont be so good with the coming updates.

+ ItaChu on November 13th, 2012 at 8:18 am said:

Thank You Sony, Thank You everybody who works with Plus on Vita, Thank You… But especially Thank You Morgan Haro THANK YOU! Cuz I know this post was pushed to today and not next Monday because of you talking to “the people upstairs” Thank You again! NOW PS PLUS IS AMAZING!
Ill suscribe to a Year Membership as soon as I can and as soon as I know when the games are gonna be changed out …. im about to platinum Uncharted GA lol I need one more gemstone xD
And Gravity Rush free oh yeah now I can get the last dlc and 100% it :)
Thanks guys really, now Plus is complete

BUT… The youtube apps for vita and ps3 wont load any videos for me Fix it please

+ yoshdawg on November 13th, 2012 at 8:18 am said:

Just bought my Vita less than 2 weeks ago. Guess I picked the right time!

+ mastorofpuppetz on November 13th, 2012 at 8:18 am said:

BROWSER enhancments, please god let them be actual significant.

Don Mesa's Avatar

+ Don Mesa on November 13th, 2012 at 10:23 am said:

We definitely made some enhancements but we’re continually looking to improve the browser. Stay tuned for more to come.

+ langdon on November 13th, 2012 at 8:19 am said:

Updated rendering engine? Is it WebKit?? =D

This is great news either way — I’m loving the ongoing Vita improvements!

+ AmaterasuOkami1 on November 13th, 2012 at 8:19 am said:

Nice collection. I can’t wait!

Although I am pretty bumbed out that Mutant Blobs Attack is one of the games on the Instant Game Collection. I bought it on the halloween since it had a big discount for PSN+ members, and then it becomes a free game in 2 weeks. Don’t give me that feeling where that game might become free if you can Sony. D:

+ SirRadG on November 13th, 2012 at 8:20 am said:

Fantastic. Just one question. Will game save uploading only work for digital versions? What if I had a cartridge version of a game and want to go digital? Can the cartridge save be uploaded and then used with the digital version unlike now(e.g. UMvC3)?

+ N1ghtbr1ng3r on November 13th, 2012 at 8:20 am said:

Crap, i already have uncharted,gravity rush and mutant blobs :(

nevertheless great update, i hope more people enter to the world of vita.

Greetings