Far Cry 4

Sine Mora: Play the Definitive Version on PS3 and PS Vita Today

Ferenc Nagy-Szakáll's Avatar + Posted by Ferenc Nagy-Szakáll on Nov 20, 2012 // Level Designer, Digital Reality

Sine Mora is launching on PS3 and PS Vita today, including some content that was cut from other versions of the game. Between a new challenge mode, the collaboration of a Japanese shoot’em up giant, and the special abilities of the PS Vita hardware, we truly think the wait for Sine Mora on PS3 and PS Vita was worth it – these versions are the richest we could possibly deliver.

From a technical perspective, the PS3 version was a walk in the park. Our technology has always been designed with the Cell processor in mind, enabling us to go for high framerates and image quality, uncompromised. We’re especially proud of how the PS Vita version turned out — neither the framerate nor the resolution was sacrificed, delivering the highest possible rendition of our original vision on a handheld.

Having exclusive levels is cool, but a brand new game mode is even better. We wanted to include something memorable — a game mode which is more difficult than other parts of the game on insane difficulty setting. A mode that is so tricky, even its creators couldn’t master it on their first attempt. Nor the tenth.

Sine Mora on PS3 and PS Vita

Sine Mora on PS3 and PS VitaSine Mora on PS3 and PS Vita

Don’t worry if you won’t initially succeed. During the development process, we identified five distinct skills the players have to acquire to master the game: evasion, aim, time management, weapon handling and using time capsules. Each challenge tests one of these skills, except the final one, which requires all of them. And yes, beating this mode unlocks a Trophy, so no matter how hard it is, you’re going to try and complete it, aren’t you?

We sorted out approximately 50 beautiful pieces of art from renowned Grasshopper Manufacture artists and anime legend Mr. Maeda Mahiro (Kill Bill Vol. 1, Animatrix – The Second Renaissance) for you to compare them with the end results. These pieces are all original concept artwork of the game’s scenes, characters and bosses. The catch is, we want you to make some effort to unlock them all – the more you travel with your PS Vita, the more concept art you get. If you visit Grashopper’s studio in Tokyo, you’ll get them all.

…Just kidding about that last part.

Sine Mora on PS3 and PS Vita

Sine Mora on PS3 and PS VitaSine Mora on PS3 and PS Vita

During the first cycle of development, the Sine Mora team reviewed dozens of shoot’em up games from the last two decades. Many of these became instant favorites, especially the ones from G.rev. We’ve tried to find a way to show how much we respect their work, and during the last weeks of the development, Theodore Reiker (the project’s director) was able to negotiate a deal with them — we got to include Wilhelmine Muller, a heroine of G.rev’s Under Defeat as a token of our appreciation. Her special sub-weapon, the UD Bomb, will wipe off the screen faster than any other armament.

Sine Mora has been an incredibly long venture, from the earliest visions seven years ago until the ultimate PS3 and PS Vita versions we’re proudly presenting to you now. PlayStation gamers had to wait the longest, but we hope you will be satisfied with the results.

PAGE 1 2

+ Tjoeb123 on November 20th, 2012 at 3:34 pm said:

Awesome! Can’t wait to try the PS Vita version of the game especially, assuming there’s a demo, when the Store publishes later today.

Oh, wait, it HAS published! In fact I’m downloading the Plus content for Vita right now as I type.

+ DJBennett1985 on November 20th, 2012 at 3:37 pm said:

Price & Crossplay?

+ PainOfSarrow on November 20th, 2012 at 3:37 pm said:

hip hop, is deadddd

+ Tjoeb123 on November 20th, 2012 at 3:40 pm said:

@2 Being a PSN game, $15 is most likely.

+ saab01 on November 20th, 2012 at 3:40 pm said:

If only we got this free through Plus. its really a cool game for anyone who hasent already played it.

+ MrBendel on November 20th, 2012 at 3:41 pm said:

n e e d m o r e r o o m . . . 3 2 g b n o t e n o u g h ( ∩ ︵ ∩ )

+ Jak23ft on November 20th, 2012 at 3:43 pm said:

@1 Thanks for the comment, I had no idea I could be download Vita Plus content right now.

+ jimmyfoxhound on November 20th, 2012 at 3:43 pm said:

Oh cool I’ll def pick this up, I love shmups!

+ Stringer2355 on November 20th, 2012 at 3:45 pm said:

Is there 3D support ?

+ Jak23ft on November 20th, 2012 at 3:46 pm said:

Also it’s $9.99, just checked.

+ helbertpina on November 20th, 2012 at 3:48 pm said:

$10 is really cool, but it’d be great if we could pay $15 and get both versions… :/

+ Tjoeb123 on November 20th, 2012 at 3:53 pm said:

@7 No prob! I’ll mention this again in the Store post, but it appears you can get WipEout HD + Fury bundle (which I already have through the 2011 PSN snafu) for free when you download those tracks for WipEout 2048…

+ Hokage_45678 on November 20th, 2012 at 3:55 pm said:

This is all great but where is the PSN Store update!!

+ Robbie_G_lrish on November 20th, 2012 at 4:01 pm said:

Crap, it actually looks really good. The last shmup I really enjoyed was Pixeljunk Sidescroller. I agree with the other guy that said it would be nice if we could pay $15 and get both versions (in addition to being able to purchase them separately at $9.99). I don’t like that some games only offer a Cross-Buy price but no stand alone prices, if that makes sense.

P.S. Nice trailer. The Vita version looks great.

+ KrisButtar on November 20th, 2012 at 4:03 pm said:

looks great

+ mremerson on November 20th, 2012 at 4:06 pm said:

No cross-buy, no deal…

+ PrimeroIncognito on November 20th, 2012 at 4:22 pm said:

Awesome. Sold.

+ b00kthree on November 20th, 2012 at 4:25 pm said:

Too bad it’s rated M! Looks like it really doesn’t need to be, and I’d be up for this one otherwise.

+ hrcrowley on November 20th, 2012 at 4:51 pm said:

Very excited for this ever since it came to the other system. And now it’s here and better than ever. Instant sale! Oh, and thanks eveybody involved!!!

+ Nukdollars on November 20th, 2012 at 5:27 pm said:

Cross play?

+ FeLiPe_MachiN3 on November 20th, 2012 at 5:29 pm said:

I’ve bought the game and im really impressed :O awesomeee

+ PrinceofXIII on November 20th, 2012 at 6:13 pm said:

Finally the game is on PS3 :)

+ SpooNManX on November 20th, 2012 at 6:18 pm said:

Is this by the same people who made Soldner X? It reminds me of that and SNK’s Prehistoric Isle a bit.

I hope it’s not too much of a “bullet hell” shooter. I prefer them to be a bit less touch so I can enjoy the scenery.

+ Falaut on November 20th, 2012 at 6:49 pm said:

This is great. This title has been on my WANT list ever since it was announced and then it was announced that it would come out on the BOX and not PS3. I’m really glad this has changed, and changed to include the VITA version, which is stellar!!!

Does the PS3 version still rock Stereo 3D like in one of the video previews???

Ferenc Nagy-Szakáll's Avatar

+ Ferenc Nagy-Szakáll on November 21st, 2012 at 2:18 am said:

Of course stereoscopic 3D is supperted.

+ Kesai on November 20th, 2012 at 7:19 pm said:

If the developers are responding to this that would be great. I was wondering if this game had co-op mode? Or if that would ever be thought of as an expansion later down the road. I really love these types of games with a friend.

Ferenc Nagy-Szakáll's Avatar

+ Ferenc Nagy-Szakáll on November 21st, 2012 at 2:24 am said:

Due to the cinematic nature of the game we dropped coop mode very early.

+ tusunami on November 20th, 2012 at 7:28 pm said:

Wow look at the love for PS Vita, I’ll for sure get this yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ SpooNManX on November 20th, 2012 at 7:38 pm said:

Hopefully this still has the 3D Stereoscopic option!

+ poseto24 on November 20th, 2012 at 8:22 pm said:

it is a good game

+ poseto24 on November 20th, 2012 at 8:23 pm said:

hope ps plus for the ps vita get some cool free games next mont

+ whyaskdouknow on November 20th, 2012 at 10:49 pm said:

@ 12 where do you see WipEout HD + Fury bundle for free ?

+ Elvick_ on November 20th, 2012 at 11:23 pm said:

@30: You get them as cross buy with the Wipeout 2048 DLC. Or vise versa. So if you bought the Wipeout HD + Fury DLC for Wipeout 2048, you’ll have Wipeout HD + Fury. If you bought Wipeout HD + Fury, then you have the DLC for Wipeout 2048.

+ whyaskdouknow on November 20th, 2012 at 11:49 pm said:

@ 31 ok i have the wipeout 2048 that came with plus today but wipeout hd fury bundle still has a price on it do u just mean the add on content

+ Tekn0tize on November 21st, 2012 at 2:49 am said:

This game reminds me of one of my favourite DOS games (Stargunner).

Will this game be released on disc ? I prefer physical discs to PSN digital copies. I will definitely be buying this game, but let me know if there is ANY possibility of getting this on a disc.

+ Soliduss_hun on November 21st, 2012 at 3:59 am said:

Good to see this game. I proud of you Digital Reality :D

Hungaryan :( Jó látni, hogy van még Magyar fejlesztőcsapat aki a világ élvonalába tartozik. büszkék vagyunk rátok)

+ stlthriot on November 21st, 2012 at 6:38 am said:

Played the demo and it’s pretty awesome!! :D
Probably will pick it up soon!

+ Falaut on November 21st, 2012 at 8:30 am said:

I know I already made a comment, but my first was made while downloading.

This game is amazing and we NEED a sequel. How bout turning face and releasing it exclusively on a Playstation product? ;) nah I’m messing. Great games for all!!!

Mature themes, great graphics/aesthetics, great mechanics. Amazing job guys.

+ Gmafz7 on November 21st, 2012 at 9:29 am said:

OMG that spider enemy, reminds me of, of, of……………….EINHANDER!!!!!!!!

+ ro-kurorai on November 21st, 2012 at 10:04 am said:

Thanks a lot Ferenc, been waiting for the Vita version for ages. It looks and plays great and the trophies are amazing. Nobody chose Latin ever before, as far as I am aware. One question to make sure about the Near stuff: I’m living in Tokyo right now but I will be returning home next year. The distance is over 10.800 km. Does that mean all the artwork will be unlocked once I switch my Vita on back home?

Ferenc Nagy-Szakáll's Avatar

+ Ferenc Nagy-Szakáll on November 22nd, 2012 at 4:12 am said:

Yes, five collections (out of seven) will be unlocked, but to get the last two, you’ll need even more (18k, 40k km) travelling.

+ nolo451 on November 21st, 2012 at 4:32 pm said:

Price is very reasonable for me, I would not buy this at a price higher than $10, so consider me sold on this. :)

+ REv9k on November 21st, 2012 at 11:23 pm said:

Truly diggin the gameplay on the vita! Only complaint is the vulgarity of the game. I’m all for games as art, but schmups aren’t generally able to get deep thinking from their genre. It seems silly and out of place. Thanks for allowing us the ability to speed through the talking parts and turn off subtitles. Remove the pages of text too as an option and let me just play the game.

+ Tekn0tize on November 22nd, 2012 at 6:58 am said:

I don’t really care any amount of vulgarity, but I know some people do. Getting your game rated “M” for just 2 or 3 uses of the f-word in the subtitles (not even the audio) of just one chapter in the story is just laughable.. Probably the developers don’t really care if the “M” rating affects a portion of their target audience. If I were a developer it doesn’t really seem to deserve an “M” rating thus Possibly reducing the number of people who might play it.

If this game will be released on physical disc that’d be sweet, but otherwise guess I’ll just get it from the PSN store soon.

+ Tekn0tize on November 22nd, 2012 at 6:59 am said:

Typo: “care for” in earlier post. Sorry couldn’t resist.

+ ro-kurorai on November 22nd, 2012 at 7:04 am said:

Thanks for the reply Ferenc. Bought the unlock key yesterday and finally checked the travelling system out as well. Awesome idea and gorgeous artwork (unlocked the first set already as my university is over 4 km away ^^). Looking forward to getting all sets; your concept artists are incredibly skilled!
I might pick up the PS3 version, too, once I get home to support you guys. Does the PS3 version also include a way to unlock the artwork? Would love to gaze at it from a big screen in addition to Vita’s OLED gorgeousness.

Ferenc Nagy-Szakáll's Avatar

+ Ferenc Nagy-Szakáll on November 23rd, 2012 at 2:24 am said:

Thanks for your support!
    I’m afraid these artworks are not included in the PS3 version, so unlocking them is not an option without an update or dlc, which is not planned atm.

+ ro-kurorai on November 22nd, 2012 at 7:09 am said:

Edit:// Kudos for the concept art goes to Grasshopper’s concept artists and to Maeda-san! Awesome artists!!!

+ spud_boy1 on November 22nd, 2012 at 3:07 pm said:

Played the demo and loved it! Have been waiting forever for this to move from Microsoft to Playstation and Steam.

+ Elvick_ on November 22nd, 2012 at 6:25 pm said:

@41: Most people who know nothing about the game and see the game, then think that the rating makes no sense. I don’t think it will matter much.

+ GENETICIDE on November 23rd, 2012 at 3:46 am said:

Want to play this but no physical copy = no buy. Such a waste.

+ Gorvi on November 23rd, 2012 at 6:50 am said:

Sorry for the late post, I just bought the Vita version after playing the demo. Fantastic game. Quick question on the distance traveled thing: is that cumulative as to how far Near has tracked overall, or just since I’ve purchased Sine Mora?

+ Elvick_ on November 23rd, 2012 at 6:56 am said:

@47: I like physical goods too, but a $10 game isn’t going to be released physically. That’s ridiculous. Some games are made to be cheap digital only titles. Those are fine.

It’s when publishers who bring over retail games as digital only ala: New Little King’s Story when it should be an issue.

Digital distribution is probably the only reason this game, among countless others, even exist.

+ ro-kurorai on November 23rd, 2012 at 7:23 am said:

Hi Ferenc, once again thanks for your reply. Well, I’ll buy the PS3 version anyways. Sine Mora is tough as nails (getting “Dies Irae” will be quite the challenge) but it looks, sounds and plays amazing. Best visuals I’ve seen in a SHMUP in ages and your artistic achievement looks stunning on Vita’s OLED screen.

Thanks for the collaboration with G.Rev, as I love Wilhelmine and her plane. Can’t wait to get my hands on “Under Defeat HD” once I’m back home. Anyways, Sine Mora is awesome, beautiful and incredibly tough, thank you guys!

PAGE 1 2