Paragon

Nov 20

Nov 20

Sine Mora: Play the Definitive Version on PS3 and PS Vita Today

Ferenc Nagy-Szakáll's Avatar Posted by Level Designer, Digital Reality

Sine Mora is launching on PS3 and PS Vita today, including some content that was cut from other versions of the game. Between a new challenge mode, the collaboration of a Japanese shoot’em up giant, and the special abilities of the PS Vita hardware, we truly think the wait for Sine Mora on PS3 and PS Vita was worth it – these versions are the richest we could possibly deliver.

From a technical perspective, the PS3 version was a walk in the park. Our technology has always been designed with the Cell processor in mind, enabling us to go for high framerates and image quality, uncompromised. We’re especially proud of how the PS Vita version turned out — neither the framerate nor the resolution was sacrificed, delivering the highest possible rendition of our original vision on a handheld.

Having exclusive levels is cool, but a brand new game mode is even better. We wanted to include something memorable — a game mode which is more difficult than other parts of the game on insane difficulty setting. A mode that is so tricky, even its creators couldn’t master it on their first attempt. Nor the tenth.

Sine Mora on PS3 and PS Vita

Sine Mora on PS3 and PS VitaSine Mora on PS3 and PS Vita

Don’t worry if you won’t initially succeed. During the development process, we identified five distinct skills the players have to acquire to master the game: evasion, aim, time management, weapon handling and using time capsules. Each challenge tests one of these skills, except the final one, which requires all of them. And yes, beating this mode unlocks a Trophy, so no matter how hard it is, you’re going to try and complete it, aren’t you?

We sorted out approximately 50 beautiful pieces of art from renowned Grasshopper Manufacture artists and anime legend Mr. Maeda Mahiro (Kill Bill Vol. 1, Animatrix – The Second Renaissance) for you to compare them with the end results. These pieces are all original concept artwork of the game’s scenes, characters and bosses. The catch is, we want you to make some effort to unlock them all – the more you travel with your PS Vita, the more concept art you get. If you visit Grashopper’s studio in Tokyo, you’ll get them all.

…Just kidding about that last part.

Sine Mora on PS3 and PS Vita

Sine Mora on PS3 and PS VitaSine Mora on PS3 and PS Vita

During the first cycle of development, the Sine Mora team reviewed dozens of shoot’em up games from the last two decades. Many of these became instant favorites, especially the ones from G.rev. We’ve tried to find a way to show how much we respect their work, and during the last weeks of the development, Theodore Reiker (the project’s director) was able to negotiate a deal with them — we got to include Wilhelmine Muller, a heroine of G.rev’s Under Defeat as a token of our appreciation. Her special sub-weapon, the UD Bomb, will wipe off the screen faster than any other armament.

Sine Mora has been an incredibly long venture, from the earliest visions seven years ago until the ultimate PS3 and PS Vita versions we’re proudly presenting to you now. PlayStation gamers had to wait the longest, but we hope you will be satisfied with the results.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Tjoeb123 said:

November 20th, 3:34 pm

Awesome! Can’t wait to try the PS Vita version of the game especially, assuming there’s a demo, when the Store publishes later today.

Oh, wait, it HAS published! In fact I’m downloading the Plus content for Vita right now as I type.

DJBennett1985 said:

November 20th, 3:37 pm

Price & Crossplay?

PainOfSarrow said:

November 20th, 3:37 pm

hip hop, is deadddd

Tjoeb123 said:

November 20th, 3:40 pm

@2 Being a PSN game, $15 is most likely.

saab01 said:

November 20th, 3:40 pm

If only we got this free through Plus. its really a cool game for anyone who hasent already played it.

MrBendel said:

November 20th, 3:41 pm

n e e d m o r e r o o m . . . 3 2 g b n o t e n o u g h ( ∩ ︵ ∩ )

Jak23ft said:

November 20th, 3:43 pm

@1 Thanks for the comment, I had no idea I could be download Vita Plus content right now.

jimmyfoxhound said:

November 20th, 3:43 pm

Oh cool I’ll def pick this up, I love shmups!

Stringer2355 said:

November 20th, 3:45 pm

Is there 3D support ?

Jak23ft said:

November 20th, 3:46 pm

Also it’s $9.99, just checked.

helbertpina said:

November 20th, 3:48 pm

$10 is really cool, but it’d be great if we could pay $15 and get both versions… :/

Tjoeb123 said:

November 20th, 3:53 pm

@7 No prob! I’ll mention this again in the Store post, but it appears you can get WipEout HD + Fury bundle (which I already have through the 2011 PSN snafu) for free when you download those tracks for WipEout 2048…

Hokage_45678 said:

November 20th, 3:55 pm

This is all great but where is the PSN Store update!!

Robbie_G_lrish said:

November 20th, 4:01 pm

Crap, it actually looks really good. The last shmup I really enjoyed was Pixeljunk Sidescroller. I agree with the other guy that said it would be nice if we could pay $15 and get both versions (in addition to being able to purchase them separately at $9.99). I don’t like that some games only offer a Cross-Buy price but no stand alone prices, if that makes sense.

P.S. Nice trailer. The Vita version looks great.

KrisButtar said:

November 20th, 4:03 pm

looks great

mremerson said:

November 20th, 4:06 pm

No cross-buy, no deal…

PrimeroIncognito said:

November 20th, 4:22 pm

Awesome. Sold.

b00kthree said:

November 20th, 4:25 pm

Too bad it’s rated M! Looks like it really doesn’t need to be, and I’d be up for this one otherwise.

hrcrowley said:

November 20th, 4:51 pm

Very excited for this ever since it came to the other system. And now it’s here and better than ever. Instant sale! Oh, and thanks eveybody involved!!!

Nukdollars said:

November 20th, 5:27 pm

Cross play?

FeLiPe_MachiN3 said:

November 20th, 5:29 pm

I’ve bought the game and im really impressed :O awesomeee

PrinceofXIII said:

November 20th, 6:13 pm

Finally the game is on PS3 :)

SpooNManX said:

November 20th, 6:18 pm

Is this by the same people who made Soldner X? It reminds me of that and SNK’s Prehistoric Isle a bit.

I hope it’s not too much of a “bullet hell” shooter. I prefer them to be a bit less touch so I can enjoy the scenery.

Falaut said:

November 20th, 6:49 pm

This is great. This title has been on my WANT list ever since it was announced and then it was announced that it would come out on the BOX and not PS3. I’m really glad this has changed, and changed to include the VITA version, which is stellar!!!

Does the PS3 version still rock Stereo 3D like in one of the video previews???

Kesai said:

November 20th, 7:19 pm

If the developers are responding to this that would be great. I was wondering if this game had co-op mode? Or if that would ever be thought of as an expansion later down the road. I really love these types of games with a friend.

Ferenc Nagy-Szakáll's Avatar

Ferenc Nagy-Szakáll said:

November 21st, 2:24 am

Due to the cinematic nature of the game we dropped coop mode very early.

tusunami said:

November 20th, 7:28 pm

Wow look at the love for PS Vita, I’ll for sure get this yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SpooNManX said:

November 20th, 7:38 pm

Hopefully this still has the 3D Stereoscopic option!

poseto24 said:

November 20th, 8:22 pm

it is a good game

poseto24 said:

November 20th, 8:23 pm

hope ps plus for the ps vita get some cool free games next mont

whyaskdouknow said:

November 20th, 10:49 pm

@ 12 where do you see WipEout HD + Fury bundle for free ?

Elvick_ said:

November 20th, 11:23 pm

@30: You get them as cross buy with the Wipeout 2048 DLC. Or vise versa. So if you bought the Wipeout HD + Fury DLC for Wipeout 2048, you’ll have Wipeout HD + Fury. If you bought Wipeout HD + Fury, then you have the DLC for Wipeout 2048.

whyaskdouknow said:

November 20th, 11:49 pm

@ 31 ok i have the wipeout 2048 that came with plus today but wipeout hd fury bundle still has a price on it do u just mean the add on content

Tekn0tize said:

November 21st, 2:49 am

This game reminds me of one of my favourite DOS games (Stargunner).

Will this game be released on disc ? I prefer physical discs to PSN digital copies. I will definitely be buying this game, but let me know if there is ANY possibility of getting this on a disc.

Soliduss_hun said:

November 21st, 3:59 am

Good to see this game. I proud of you Digital Reality :D

Hungaryan :( Jó látni, hogy van még Magyar fejlesztőcsapat aki a világ élvonalába tartozik. büszkék vagyunk rátok)

stlthriot said:

November 21st, 6:38 am

Played the demo and it’s pretty awesome!! :D
Probably will pick it up soon!

Falaut said:

November 21st, 8:30 am

I know I already made a comment, but my first was made while downloading.

This game is amazing and we NEED a sequel. How bout turning face and releasing it exclusively on a Playstation product? ;) nah I’m messing. Great games for all!!!

Mature themes, great graphics/aesthetics, great mechanics. Amazing job guys.

Gmafz7 said:

November 21st, 9:29 am

OMG that spider enemy, reminds me of, of, of……………….EINHANDER!!!!!!!!

ro-kurorai said:

November 21st, 10:04 am

Thanks a lot Ferenc, been waiting for the Vita version for ages. It looks and plays great and the trophies are amazing. Nobody chose Latin ever before, as far as I am aware. One question to make sure about the Near stuff: I’m living in Tokyo right now but I will be returning home next year. The distance is over 10.800 km. Does that mean all the artwork will be unlocked once I switch my Vita on back home?

Ferenc Nagy-Szakáll's Avatar

Ferenc Nagy-Szakáll said:

November 22nd, 4:12 am

Yes, five collections (out of seven) will be unlocked, but to get the last two, you’ll need even more (18k, 40k km) travelling.

nolo451 said:

November 21st, 4:32 pm

Price is very reasonable for me, I would not buy this at a price higher than $10, so consider me sold on this. :)

REv9k said:

November 21st, 11:23 pm

Truly diggin the gameplay on the vita! Only complaint is the vulgarity of the game. I’m all for games as art, but schmups aren’t generally able to get deep thinking from their genre. It seems silly and out of place. Thanks for allowing us the ability to speed through the talking parts and turn off subtitles. Remove the pages of text too as an option and let me just play the game.

Tekn0tize said:

November 22nd, 6:58 am

I don’t really care any amount of vulgarity, but I know some people do. Getting your game rated “M” for just 2 or 3 uses of the f-word in the subtitles (not even the audio) of just one chapter in the story is just laughable.. Probably the developers don’t really care if the “M” rating affects a portion of their target audience. If I were a developer it doesn’t really seem to deserve an “M” rating thus Possibly reducing the number of people who might play it.

If this game will be released on physical disc that’d be sweet, but otherwise guess I’ll just get it from the PSN store soon.

Tekn0tize said:

November 22nd, 6:59 am

Typo: “care for” in earlier post. Sorry couldn’t resist.

ro-kurorai said:

November 22nd, 7:04 am

Thanks for the reply Ferenc. Bought the unlock key yesterday and finally checked the travelling system out as well. Awesome idea and gorgeous artwork (unlocked the first set already as my university is over 4 km away ^^). Looking forward to getting all sets; your concept artists are incredibly skilled!
I might pick up the PS3 version, too, once I get home to support you guys. Does the PS3 version also include a way to unlock the artwork? Would love to gaze at it from a big screen in addition to Vita’s OLED gorgeousness.

Ferenc Nagy-Szakáll's Avatar

Ferenc Nagy-Szakáll said:

November 23rd, 2:24 am

Thanks for your support!
    I’m afraid these artworks are not included in the PS3 version, so unlocking them is not an option without an update or dlc, which is not planned atm.

ro-kurorai said:

November 22nd, 7:09 am

Edit:// Kudos for the concept art goes to Grasshopper’s concept artists and to Maeda-san! Awesome artists!!!

spud_boy1 said:

November 22nd, 3:07 pm

Played the demo and loved it! Have been waiting forever for this to move from Microsoft to Playstation and Steam.

Elvick_ said:

November 22nd, 6:25 pm

@41: Most people who know nothing about the game and see the game, then think that the rating makes no sense. I don’t think it will matter much.

GENETICIDE said:

November 23rd, 3:46 am

Want to play this but no physical copy = no buy. Such a waste.

Gorvi said:

November 23rd, 6:50 am

Sorry for the late post, I just bought the Vita version after playing the demo. Fantastic game. Quick question on the distance traveled thing: is that cumulative as to how far Near has tracked overall, or just since I’ve purchased Sine Mora?

Elvick_ said:

November 23rd, 6:56 am

@47: I like physical goods too, but a $10 game isn’t going to be released physically. That’s ridiculous. Some games are made to be cheap digital only titles. Those are fine.

It’s when publishers who bring over retail games as digital only ala: New Little King’s Story when it should be an issue.

Digital distribution is probably the only reason this game, among countless others, even exist.

ro-kurorai said:

November 23rd, 7:23 am

Hi Ferenc, once again thanks for your reply. Well, I’ll buy the PS3 version anyways. Sine Mora is tough as nails (getting “Dies Irae” will be quite the challenge) but it looks, sounds and plays amazing. Best visuals I’ve seen in a SHMUP in ages and your artistic achievement looks stunning on Vita’s OLED screen.

Thanks for the collaboration with G.Rev, as I love Wilhelmine and her plane. Can’t wait to get my hands on “Under Defeat HD” once I’m back home. Anyways, Sine Mora is awesome, beautiful and incredibly tough, thank you guys!

PAGE 1 2