PS4-Infamous

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault Hits PS3 Today

James Stevenson's Avatar + Posted by James Stevenson on Nov 27, 2012 // Community Lead, Insomniac Games

Fans of Ratchet & Clank, today is the big day! Ratchet, Clank and Captain Qwark embark on their newest adventure, Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault, which is available today for the PS3 system at retail and on PlayStation Store for a MSRP of $19.99!

As a special launch day treat, we’re sharing a few pieces of concept art which inspired the look, characters and environments that you’ll see in the game. We hope you enjoy checking them out!

Ratchet & Clank Full Frontal Assault on PS3 and PS Vita

Ratchet & Clank Full Frontal Assault on PS3 and PS VitaRatchet & Clank Full Frontal Assault on PS3 and PS Vita

Ratchet & Clank Full Frontal Assault on PS3 and PS Vita

This fun-sized adventure is one of the best values we’ve ever offered, featuring a campaign you can play single-player or in co-op (split screen or online). It’s classic Ratchet & Clank gameplay with a base defense twist. Even after you play it once, you’ll want to try again to improve your scores and times! On top of the campaign, Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault has a new multiplayer mode that you can play 1v1 or 2v2. We’re really proud of it, and we’ve been working hard to bring additional skins as well as new bonus multiplayer maps to the game, and you can expect more details in the coming weeks.

Celebrating the 10th Anniversary of the Ratchet & Clank series this year has been a blast for all of us at Insomniac. From the release of the Ratchet & Clank Collection, to playing the Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault beta with you, and even sharing the iam8bit Ratchet & Clank screenprint program (keep an eye on G4TV this week for the “making of” the first print, and a reveal of Print #2), it’s been a great year for Ratchet fans. All of our fans getting to celebrate the anniversary with a new game this week is the cherry on top. For a taste of the action, be sure to check out the free demo for Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault which will be available for PS3 on PSN starting today.

See you online!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Ryumoau on November 27th, 2012 at 10:09 am said:

Can’t wait to get this when the Store updates. I’m glad you guys are taking your time with the Vita version. I’ll buy the ps3 version today and await the Vita copy in january.

btw, I have only played Ratchet and Clank all 4 One and none of the main games. I hope its as fun as that game was and i’m not too confused with the controls.

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 10:27 am said:

Well, it’s a bit different than All 4 One, but you should definitely check it out.

You may also want to check out Tools of Destruction / Quest 4 Booty / A Crack in Time (the PS3 Future saga), as well as the HD Collection (HD remasters of the PS2 classics), when you have a chance. All are available at greatest-hits level prices. Lots of great games :-)

+ aelurio1980 on November 27th, 2012 at 10:09 am said:

\o/ Purchase more than right. xD

+ Curtisio on November 27th, 2012 at 10:10 am said:

I take it if you buy the PS3 version the Vita is included…. right?

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 10:31 am said:

Correct, if you buy at retail you can download through the Disc Features option on the PS3, if you buy on PSN, the Vita version is downloadable as well. You will be able to download the Vita version when it’s available in January 2013

+ Ryumoau on November 27th, 2012 at 10:11 am said:

Also, i really wished the Ratchet and Clank collection had went on sale the last couple of weeks on psn store so i could play it before this game came out. Doesn’t sound like it will get a discount in todays update either. :(

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 10:31 am said:

Doh, there were so many black friday deals for it!

+ Axecution on November 27th, 2012 at 10:12 am said:

EB Games Canada doesn’t have any copies! Oh well guess im waiting for the Playstation Store lol hopefully its an early one.

Im so excited for this srsly.

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 10:32 am said:

Doh. Sorry about that, we added the blu ray version late, so there may not be a lot of copies out there. That said we’ll keep supplying them as long as you all keep buying it!

+ DeviantBoi on November 27th, 2012 at 10:18 am said:

I was gonna buy this game, but then I hear on the podcast that it was going to have DLC at launch, so I figured it was gonna be a game with a bunch of micro transactions. That might not be the case, but the damage has been done.

In any case, the game is being sent to die at retail. There has been little to no advertisement about it. In a couple of months, it’ll be up as a free game for PS+ members (they do love giving away free games in hopes that people spend money on the DLC).

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 10:33 am said:

We will have some DLC.

Skins / customization – Paid
    Brand new Maps and Modes – Free.

We hope that’s a fair compromise. We have LOTS of free support planned, which you should hopefully see a bit of by the end of the year and lots more come January/Feb.

+ KidCommando on November 27th, 2012 at 10:23 am said:

The free games made me buy PS+.

PS+ coming to Vita made me buy a Vita.

FFA supporting cross-buy will make me buy this game.

damn you guys are sneaky mo-fo’s!! :P

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 10:33 am said:

Haha, well it works out. The game is worth buying on its own too!

+ etur0 on November 27th, 2012 at 10:24 am said:

loved the video and I’ll be getting this game once I buy a new ps3

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 10:35 am said:

Thanks! We really appreciate your support!

+ MakoSOLIDER on November 27th, 2012 at 10:25 am said:

Didn’t think I’d ever have to ask this for a cross-play game but now that AllStars didnt do it….will it be cross-trophies? Unlock on both systems or u have to do everything twice?

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 10:35 am said:

Not sure yet on that, actually

+ Prawper on November 27th, 2012 at 10:26 am said:

When can we expect more details and news about Ratchet: Deadlocked HD? Since FFA is now released, are they’re any news about Deadlocked’s release date?

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 10:35 am said:

We’re focused on the launch of FFA right now, we’ll be back soon with Deadlocked info, but this week is all about Full Frontal!

+ Dubloon7 on November 27th, 2012 at 10:28 am said:

Vita n00b question here: if i purchase the vita version, will i get the ps3 copy for free bundled? or is it ONLY “buy ps3 copy get vita copy for free”?

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 10:36 am said:

There is no retail version for Vita.

So if you buy the retail PS3 disc, you can download the game from the disc to Vita when it’s available in January.
    If you buy it on PSN, you can download both versions (though the Vita version, again will be available in January with no additional purchase).

+ Dustinwp on November 27th, 2012 at 10:31 am said:

Sweet! My retail copy was just shipped! I would have bought the digital version but I think the retail copy will be right at home with the rest of my R&C retail collection. Thanks for offering the retail version along side digital one.

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 10:38 am said:

You’re welcome. We always want physical tangible copies of our games too, so its nice to provide that option to people who want the same

+ GGCAN on November 27th, 2012 at 10:32 am said:

@ 3 – Curtisio

Did you actually read the article ?

“For those of you who also own a PlayStation Vita system, the game supports cross-buy, cross-save and competitive multiplayer cross-play. If you purchase Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault for the PS3 system, you’ll be able to download the PS Vita version at no additional cost when available in January 2013.”

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 10:39 am said:

Well, usually when something seems too good to be true it is… but in this case, it is true (well, besides the whole January thing)

+ Dustinwp on November 27th, 2012 at 10:32 am said:

Also, looking forward to my free Vita download! Thanks for that as well. :)

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 10:39 am said:

You’re very welcome

+ Souledge94 on November 27th, 2012 at 10:32 am said:

I already preorderd.

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 10:39 am said:

Thanks so much! Hope you enjoy the game!

+ ImpurestCrowd on November 27th, 2012 at 10:33 am said:

Ironically I saw this game on Black Friday and almost picked it up for $20 at Walmart but wanted to read reviews first since I’ve never played a R & C title before. It looks pretty good. I guess Walmart doesn’t listen to release dates for video games.

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 10:40 am said:

Yeah, it did sneak out there in some stores in all the insanity of the holiday shopping weekend

+ DrApollo on November 27th, 2012 at 10:33 am said:

Can’t wait! Really looking forward to the tower defense stuff.

My 2 questions are:

Is there a Platinum Trophy?

Is there any platforming or puzzle-solving (ala Crack in Time) along side the Tower Defense game-play?

Thanks!

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 10:41 am said:

There is a platinum trophy and beyond that, this game has a regular game’s allotment of trophies/points.

There is hoverbooting and areas where you have to platform in the levels yes, though it’s more action-focused as a whole. No time puzzles.

+ professorportal8 on November 27th, 2012 at 10:48 am said:

whats the file size for psn ? thanks

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 10:51 am said:

It’s a bit over 3GB I believe… though we’ll be adding maps for everyone in the coming months in the forms of patches that will expand that a bit.

+ nikrel on November 27th, 2012 at 10:48 am said:

How will the co-op work? Is it vs waves of guys or is it competitive only?

I enjoy co-op vs waves better than competitive.

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 10:51 am said:

Co-op is the entire campaign. So you can both explore the levels, or one person can defend while the other scouts, etc.

+ Dubloon7 on November 27th, 2012 at 10:49 am said:

great to see someone actually responding to the comments in this thread. goes to show how much some companies really care for their cusumers, and not just their wallets. Kudos to you guys at Insomniac!

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 11:03 am said:

You guys are what makes us strong! We love to hang out on the PS Blog. I’m going to answer every comment today. :-)

+ crusher915 on November 27th, 2012 at 10:50 am said:

@7 hahaha the same situation over here
and I have just about every R&C game, so I will hopefully get this one when my vita arrives.

What is the size of this game? over 1GB? under?

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 11:03 am said:

Closer to 3GB. It’s a beefy game

+ jimmyfoxhound on November 27th, 2012 at 10:57 am said:

Always good to have more Ratchet & Clank! Will def be picking this up!!

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 11:03 am said:

Thanks! And at 19.99 it’s good and inexpensive!

+ vanwinkle on November 27th, 2012 at 10:58 am said:

Mr. James Stevenson, do you know or can you find out if the Vita version is native resolution?

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 11:05 am said:

We haven’t locked down that stuff yet, we’ll try to update when the Vita version is closer. Our friends at Tin Giant are handling the port with some advice / assistance from us.

+ johnnyp70 on November 27th, 2012 at 11:00 am said:

I will happily sign on to PSN tonight after work and pick this up. That will also round out my Thanksgiving Week Spending of $60.00 to receive my $10.00 in December.

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 11:05 am said:

Glad we could help get you across the finish line!

+ bigimpactpooch on November 27th, 2012 at 11:10 am said:

Def picking this up. I have a random favor to ask…can you guys let someone know in Sony that we need a sequel/prequel to LEGEND OF DRAGOON!!! lol

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 11:11 am said:

I’ll send an e-mail ;-)

+ CheesyMonkey on November 27th, 2012 at 11:11 am said:

Well since your replying to every post, I would like to take this opportunity to say keep rocking the Weekend Confirmed! I enjoy you in my ear holes. I know, sounds all wrong, but its true!

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 11:19 am said:

I enjoy speaking into your ear holes! I’ll be around for the end of year episodes!

+ zheng11 on November 27th, 2012 at 11:13 am said:

check the psn store. still not out. anyone knows when it came out?

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 11:20 am said:

Checking to see if we have a time when it’s going up.

+ CheesyMonkey on November 27th, 2012 at 11:14 am said:

Also – Would this game be appropriate for an 8 year old? I would love to play this with my daughter. We have played some All for One together.

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 11:20 am said:

It’s technically E10+ by the ESRB mainly for cartoon violence. Definitely a decision up to you, but the two-player co-op is a lot of fun!

+ Genexi2 on November 27th, 2012 at 11:17 am said:

Nice timing. I just picked up the HD Collection the yesterday, so I’ll have that to tide me over until the Vita port is available, as I’m morbidly curious to try FFA out on that than I am PS3.

Thanks for offering a retail package this time around for our physical collections. I’m still slightly sour over Quest For Booty being digital-only in North America, heh.

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 11:22 am said:

Haha, yeah, we had to import a few hundred copies of the Irish version for everyone in the office.

+ zheng11 on November 27th, 2012 at 11:18 am said:

i thought it’s out today but when i check the psn store. it’s still not out yet. anyone knows when can i buy it? also, is there any plane one releasing the dlc for all 4 one?

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 11:22 am said:

It’s whenever they publish the update to the store, usually in the afternoon.

+ eXb1azed23 on November 27th, 2012 at 11:19 am said:

I’m gonna post just to see if you keep your promise :P . On a side-note thank you and Insomniac for Resistance: Fall of Man, it was the first FPS that got me into FPS. Can’t tell you how many hours I spent beating the campaign on every difficulty. I hope if you guys really are done with the franchise, you give it to the right hands. Thanks again

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 11:25 am said:

You’re very welcome, and we hope it ends up in good hands too, that’s up to Sony to decide!

+ FrancisG32 on November 27th, 2012 at 11:20 am said:

Since I live in Ireland, I have my QForce pre-ordered and fully paid off for.
However since this game looks amazing and I can’t wait till Friday I’m going to buy it on the US Store.
One question. Any idea when the store will update???

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 11:26 am said:

Oops, usually it’s in the afternoon pacific time

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 11:26 am said:

Usually it is in the afternoon Pacific Time.

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 11:26 am said:

Gotta keep my combo going

+ Hawkboi on November 27th, 2012 at 11:27 am said:

Does the game take much of a graphical hit in 3D?

Can you play two player split-screen in 3D?

Not that I mind either way…just changes from couch co-op to other room co-op and effects whether I buy the blu-ray or the downloadable version.

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 11:34 am said:

Obviously we’re drawing two lower-res frames, one for each eye. But with each eye getting its own info, this alleviates a lot of that. So in terms of a hit, it depends on how you view it, I think.

3D only works for one-player. Split-screen it doesn’t work for.

+ Ryumoau on November 27th, 2012 at 11:30 am said:

btw, are there any plans of having a PS Plus discount on this game tonight when the psn store updates? I’ll still get it regardless, but was just curious.

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 11:33 am said:

I don’t think so this week, but that’s something Sony decides rather than us.

+ FrancisG32 on November 27th, 2012 at 11:30 am said:

Ok. I guess I have to do homework so *Boots up R&C HD Collection*

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 11:34 am said:

That’s a fun thing to play today too, hope you get on Full Frontal Assault soon, we expect the competitive game to get feisty quickly

+ Wozman23 on November 27th, 2012 at 11:32 am said:

Ratchet & Clank cover art is always so beautiful.

I picked up my preordered physical copy of Full Frontal this morning and have enjoyed the first two campaign missions so far. While I thought All 4 One was amazing (I know you don’t hear that a lot) and expect to enjoy Full Frontal, I do hope there’s more in store for Ratchet.

I’d love a full-fledged traditional release, with Nefarious as the main villain, where he’s internally conflicted due to his interactions with the team in All 4 One. I’d even love an All 4 One 2… All 5 One?… All 4 Two?…Let’s just go with 4Play this time.

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 11:35 am said:

We definitely don’t think Ratchet & Clank have run out of adventures yet :-)

+ boomstickbhg on November 27th, 2012 at 11:40 am said:

First, love the R&C games, i’ve bought them all, some for both ps2 and the HD ps3 releases.

Will this game have as much focus on the single player aspect as previous games? MP is relatively new to the series (campaign wise) and i play these games for the SP fun, though co-op campaigns are a nice bonus.

So is this a 4 hour CoD like SP and the focus on getting good play time is MP, or is it like previous R&C where the SP mode will last 15-20 hours? (not great at platformers, some of my time played is due to many deaths lol)

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 11:53 am said:

This is more the size (and price!) of Quest For Booty. So it’s an intentionally shorter game/experience. That said, it’s a bit longer than Q4B, and the campaign levels are much more replayable, plus we added two-player co-op. Then on top of that you have the 1v1 and 2v2 competitive modes!

But it definitely isn’t the 60 dollar / 10-15 hour single-player game!

+ BlooodyCow on November 27th, 2012 at 11:41 am said:

After All 4 One, you guys had me second guess buying another Ratchet and Clank.
Now you are introducing Tower Defense into my favorite game series of all time? No Thanks. This is like introducing Turn Base Combat into God of War or Introducing a 2 weapons ONLY system and perk system in Resistance…..oh wait, you guys did and killed that series.

Tools of Destruction = Quest for Booty> A Crack in Time>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>All 4 One

Can’t wait for the new Sly game to come out. At lest I know I will be getting what i come to expect from a Sly game.

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 11:54 am said:

It’s base defense, and we think it’s awesome. If you aren’t sure, why not give the trial version a try when it hits the PS Store tonight?

+ C-0719 on November 27th, 2012 at 11:42 am said:

Just picked up my copy! cant wait to play! SO happy there was a retial release here in NA. Love ratchet and clank hope they keep on coming!

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 11:54 am said:

Awesome! Thanks so much for your support!

+ Satnamji on November 27th, 2012 at 11:44 am said:

@James. In an earlier comment you mentioned there will be free maps and modes DLC. Will that just be for the online multiplayer, or will any of it be playable as a single player experience?
Thanks!

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 11:54 am said:

TBD, though the maps are MP.

+ BlooodyCow on November 27th, 2012 at 11:45 am said:

What next for Ratchet and Clank?
Ratchet and Clank Tennis
Ratchet and Clank Party
Ratchet and Clank Soccer
Ratchet and Clank Baseball
Ratchet and Clank FPS

When will be get a traditional Ratchet and Clank game like R&C: Going Commando?

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 11:56 am said:

We were thinking Ratchet & Clank Intergalactic Football, actually.

Who knows? We aren’t stopping making Ratchet & Clank games, and aside from A41, every major game in the series has been classic Ratchet & Clank.

+ zheng11 on November 27th, 2012 at 11:45 am said:

one question, is there any co-ops? split screen?

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 11:56 am said:

Yes, you can play the whole campaign co-op and split-screen

+ Elvick_ on November 27th, 2012 at 11:46 am said:

Really hope the stores around here have it, or I’ll have to wait for shipping from amazon.ca. D: Really want to see what the story is like. Despite the faults of A4O, it was still fun, and the story was awesome.

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 11:56 am said:

Thanks! It may be a little tough to find given how late we added the blu-ray version.

+ zheng11 on November 27th, 2012 at 11:47 am said:

oh, is doctor nefarious be a playable character?

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 12:07 pm said:

I believe he may be an MP skin… can’t remember if he’s a launch skin or not :-)

+ Elvick_ on November 27th, 2012 at 11:48 am said:

Dang, forgot to thank you guys for a retail release. Seriously, that is awesome and pleases me greatly.

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 12:07 pm said:

You’re most welcome

+ duke301 on November 27th, 2012 at 11:49 am said:

I ordered it on Amazon, and should have it tomorrow. Can’t wait to start playing as it looks like a great game. If it is anything like the other Ratchet and Clank titles, I’m sure I won’t be disappointed. Also, $19.99 is a great price for a cross-play enabled title, more games should be like this! I’ll be waiting for the Vita version to come out in January.

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 12:10 pm said:

Awesome! Thanks for ordering it, make sure to let us know what you think!

+ KazeEternal on November 27th, 2012 at 11:53 am said:

@Sony
Fix this http://kotaku.com/5963568/the-vita-is-a-great-systemtoo-bad-sony-screwed-it-up

@Insomniac – James Stevenson
Looking forward to playing this, though I’ll be waiting till I can play it and the Vita version together. PSASBR made a strong case for the feature over the thanksgiving break. I was away from my PS3 and was able to enjoy the game while visiting the family. Then continued where I left off when I got home. The list goes on.

On the Subject of Vita, can we get a Good Resistance game out of you guys or a new FPS all together? Maybe even a FUSE spin off for Vita? Even an external team with extreme oversight of a Resistance project would be acceptable. Burning Skies didn’t hold a candle to Resistance 2 and Resistance 3.

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 2:18 pm said:

whoops, how did I miss your comment?

In terms of Resistance, we’ve wrapped up our involvement on the franchise, and in terms of the Vita, it’s not something we’re developing on ourselves. SCEA got Tin Giant to help make the Vita port. We love that Full Frontal Assault is on the Vita, but it’s not something we’re set up to make games on right now, hence the support from SCEA and Tin Giant.

+ WorcesterRaider on November 27th, 2012 at 11:59 am said:

Really excited about this game! I hope it does well…I didn’t see much advertising so hopefully that doesn’t hurt the launch.

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 12:10 pm said:

We have more advertising in Europe, actually, but yeah, it’s a small game so we need as much fan support and good word of mouth as possible!

+ zheng11 on November 27th, 2012 at 12:01 pm said:

i’ve seen people play FFA, and i see there’s weapon leveling system. will we keep the weapon’s level or we start the level with level 1 weapon? also is there an upgrade nano tech feature?

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 12:11 pm said:

Campaign the levels hang in there, but competitive your levels always start back at level 1.

PAGE 1 2 3