Bloodborne

LittleBigPlanet 2 Cross-Controller Pack Out Next Tuesday

Steven Isbell's Avatar + Posted by Steven Isbell on Dec 12, 2012 // LittleBigPlanet Community Coordinator

LittleBigPlanet 2 Cross-Controller

LittleBigPlanet 2 Cross-Controller

December sees yet another awesome addition to LittleBigPlanet 2 — the Cross-Controller Pack — making LittleBigPlanet 2 the first game to support this exciting new feature!

But what is Cross-Controller? Well, Cross-Controller lets you to use PS Vita as a controller for PlayStation 3, allowing the use of PS Vita-only features, like front and rear touch, in PlayStation 3 games. More importantly, it provides a whole second screen where action can take place! This allows for an unimaginable number of new ways to play, some of which you’ll experience with the LittleBigPlanet 2 Cross-Controller Pack!

In the LittleBigPlanet 2: Cross-Controller Pack, Sackboy joins up with a group of lovable Space Pirates as they race to find a valuable treasure long thought lost to the Cosmos. On their adventure they’ll encounter new obstacles that can only be overcome with the help of PS Vita’s unique features.

LittleBigPlanet 2 Cross-ControllerLittleBigPlanet 2 Cross-Controller

As well as a new adventure for Sackboy to take part in, players can get their hands on a suite of new tools that let them create Cross-Controller levels for the community to play.

The LittleBigPlanet 2: Cross-Controller Pack will be available via download on PSN Tuesday, December 18th for $4.99, and requires a PlayStation 3, a copy of LittleBigPlanet 2 and a PS Vita.

PAGE 1 2 3

+ G-Force08 on December 12th, 2012 at 8:05 am said:

Sold!

+ MakoSOLIDER on December 12th, 2012 at 8:05 am said:

Was not expecting it till next year! AWESOME!

+ Steven Isbell on December 13th, 2012 at 1:57 am said:

Well, we just had to give you a surprise for Christmas. ;)

+ Nick930930 on December 12th, 2012 at 8:05 am said:

What a treat! This comes out right on the day of my last final of the semester! I’ll be sure to pick this up and start playing! Thanks for the update Steven! Can’t wait to put in the LBP2 disc again, it’s been too long :)

+ xCh0z3n-0n3x on December 12th, 2012 at 8:06 am said:

I was actually wondering when this will show up a few days ago…NICE!!! cant wait!

+ saskamazon on December 12th, 2012 at 8:06 am said:

sounds cool …. lots of folks will be excited for this & also wanted to say thanks for the Karting Beta vest yesterday ! appreciate that ….

+ Steven Isbell on December 13th, 2012 at 1:58 am said:

No problem, thanks for beta testing LittleBigPlanet Karting!
    I just wish we had room to invite so many more people to these tests!

+ johnnyblades on December 12th, 2012 at 8:07 am said:

December 18th for $4.99… and free for plus members ;)

+ shortyvs on December 12th, 2012 at 8:09 am said:

Well that was unexpected. Awesome! I’ve been looking forward to this ever since it was demoed.

+ Steven Isbell on December 13th, 2012 at 1:59 am said:

Me too! I can’t wait to see what the community can create with these brand new tools and features!

+ onuosfan on December 12th, 2012 at 8:09 am said:

@johnnyblades, is that wishful thinking, or are you announcing that?

Also, new trophies?

+ Steven Isbell on December 13th, 2012 at 2:02 am said:

There are 7 brand new Trophies and 13 new Pins for LittleBigPlanet 2: Cross-Controller.

+ numahide on December 12th, 2012 at 8:15 am said:

Awesome.
This feature is required to install LBP2 data for PS Vita?
or only stream to vita?

+ Steven Isbell on December 13th, 2012 at 2:05 am said:

You will have to install some data on to your PlayStation Vita, which you will be instructed to do so when you first load up Cross-Controller on LittleBigPlanet 2 on your PlayStation 3 for the first time.

+ JimmyHACK on December 12th, 2012 at 8:16 am said:

Christmas Coming Early!

+ shamrock816 on December 12th, 2012 at 8:19 am said:

Awesome!!!!! Cross-controller can bring a better level of gaming. MORE PS3 GAME NEED TO OFFER THIS FEATURE!!!!!!!

+ Yuranium on December 12th, 2012 at 8:20 am said:

now thats a surprise lol. just in time for the holiday

+ doutee on December 12th, 2012 at 8:21 am said:

I’ve been waiting for this since it was announced. I have yet to be disappointed with anything littlebigplanet and I’m sure this will be amazing. Thanks to all of you for creating good products. I hope more companies will follow and implement this functionality in games to come.

+ spoonTRex on December 12th, 2012 at 8:22 am said:

Steven, can you help me understand how this works? I get the pack, pop in LBP2 on my PS3, and then how do I get my Vita to connect to it? What’s running on the Vita side to get this to work? Is it some form of Remote Play? Is it using the full resolution (960×544) of the Vita (which Remote Play doesn’t seem to do, and is limited to the PSP resolution of 480 × 272)?

Thanks heaps! This looks amazing! :)

+ rothrigousa on December 12th, 2012 at 8:22 am said:

Awesome! I’ll be getting a Vita for Christmas :D

Do you need LBP2 for Vita?

+ Steven Isbell on December 13th, 2012 at 2:09 am said:

The LittleBigPlanet 2: Cross-Controller DLC will require a copy of LittleBigPlanet 2 and a PlayStation 3 to play.

You will need a PlayStation Vita to be able to use the Vita exclusive features that are being added with the LittleBigPlanet 2: Cross-Controller DLC.

+ shrimpdude on December 12th, 2012 at 8:23 am said:

Throw those of us with LBP2, LBP Vita, and PS+ a bone!

+ Gorvi on December 12th, 2012 at 8:24 am said:

Awesome news, I can’t wait. Is there some sort of co-op component to this, with one person playing on the PS3 and one on the Vita, or is this single player content?

+ Steven Isbell on December 13th, 2012 at 2:13 am said:

LittleBigPlanet 2: Cross-Controller will be a fully multiplayer experience, however you will require at least one player in your online group to have a PlayStation Vita to be able to access and play the new story.

As per usual, any items collected by the group are given to all of the players currently in the level.

+ KazeEternal on December 12th, 2012 at 8:24 am said:

Can we expect Cross Controller for more titles in the future? Maybe even making its support mandatory?

+ Gigidy17 on December 12th, 2012 at 8:26 am said:

AWESOME

+ ten3ightyHD on December 12th, 2012 at 8:32 am said:

Yes!, I have definitely been waiting for this since E3.

+ angibri2000 on December 12th, 2012 at 8:34 am said:

Take that Wii U!!!! =)

+ ASC2175 on December 12th, 2012 at 8:35 am said:

Well then…..(throws money on PS3) …..there’s mah moneh….take eet naow…

+ lve_msg on December 12th, 2012 at 8:36 am said:

Scenario Online playthrough.
Player 1 – PS3, LBP2, Vita
Player 2 – PS3, LBP2 No Vita

I don’t have a vita, but my friend does, can we play this pack like that Scenario.
You could play like that with the move pack DLC, but I have the Move so I never worried about it.

+ Steven Isbell on December 13th, 2012 at 2:18 am said:

Yes, that’s exactly how LittleBigPlanet 2: Cross-Controller is designed to work.
    Only one player requires a PlayStation Vita to be able to play the story as a group.

+ Tekn0tize on December 12th, 2012 at 8:36 am said:

Is this cross-controller pack DLC region locked? :(

I ordered my game on Amazon UK but they shipped a US version of the game. I had no idea until I tried to buy a costume in the UK PSN account and it never showed up in the game that I realized that DLC from my UK account/PSN will not work with a US disc.

Is there no way I can get this to work without buying the game all over again? :( :(

+ The_Dukenator on December 12th, 2012 at 8:38 am said:

@6 Source?

@15 LBP 2 came out before Vita existed.

+ Gadirok on December 12th, 2012 at 8:43 am said:

@13 You still play Doutee? I’m done with PSASBR so I will definitely be picking this up for the crossplatform play with my brother.

Didn’t expect this to be paid dlc though. Will this allow me to connect with my brother on his ps3? Or is it just confined to using the vita as a controller.

Can I atleast input the vita as a player 2 controller instead of the player 1 controller?

+ ixnine on December 12th, 2012 at 8:46 am said:

Ooh, I can’t wait! I’ve been so excited at the idea of using my PS Vita as a PS3 controller. This will be great! Thanks for the update!

+ n00ne_imp0rtant on December 12th, 2012 at 8:48 am said:

Will we be able to make levels using the cross-controller features? Or is this a “standalone” campaign (like Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves)

+ Steven Isbell on December 13th, 2012 at 2:21 am said:

This is a full add-on for LittleBigPlanet 2, which will give you a new story, levels, tools, features and all manner of other fun goodies to play with and collect!

+ Undrey on December 12th, 2012 at 8:50 am said:

Awesome!

But on where does it have to be downloaded? (Please be PS3 only)

+ Steven Isbell on December 13th, 2012 at 2:29 am said:

All of the add-on’s data will be downloaded with the upcoming Game Update for LittleBigPlanet 2, which will be released before the Cross-Controller DLC is released and then transferred from your PlayStation 3 to your PlayStation Vita during your first play of the Cross-Controller DLC.

+ Gigidy17 on December 12th, 2012 at 8:50 am said:

@ 26 I think the cross control update is free like the Playstion Move update.

+ skullsaber on December 12th, 2012 at 8:52 am said:

Could not be more excited for this! AMAZING!!!

+ Gigidy17 on December 12th, 2012 at 8:53 am said:

@28 yes you can create levels for LittleBigPlanet2 using your Vita

+ Zookey on December 12th, 2012 at 8:55 am said:

AWESOME!

+ Gadirok on December 12th, 2012 at 8:55 am said:

@30 But it says its 4.99. I don’t mind putting in the $5 but I just want to be sure that cross platform might be supported now?

Like how WipEout HD on 2048 can connect to wipeout HD servers.

I want to play LBP vita without connecting to the PS3 in any way, but can join up with my brother in LBP2. It would kinda stagnate the LBP vita community if that happens (I doubt it will happen since most of the LBP2 levels might not be compatible with vita).

If it does, that would be mind boggling cool.

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on December 12th, 2012 at 8:57 am said:

First and only cross controller game.

+ Redrox on December 12th, 2012 at 9:02 am said:

Yay, I have been waiting for this since they announced it at Gamescom :) I am so excited for this DLC and hope it will have some of the LBP PS Vita materials and logic (e.g. Memorizer) as well. Either way, this is great news! And just in time for my birthday. Thank you LittleBigPlanet for giving us awesome add-ons like this! (:

+ Nick930930 on December 12th, 2012 at 9:03 am said:

@ #35

I guess the WiiU isn’t real then ;)

+ Redrox on December 12th, 2012 at 9:05 am said:

@28 Yes, you can create levels. Here is the video from Gamescom that shows most Features: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5SuLzHRo0Q&list=PL2A83785E90D49E21&index=4

+ Undrey on December 12th, 2012 at 9:06 am said:

@37 Wii U isn’t a game. Or a portable.

+ GhostMachine1 on December 12th, 2012 at 9:08 am said:

How many levels is this coming with?

+ YungShep on December 12th, 2012 at 9:17 am said:

THE WII U KILLER APP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HOPE THIS REALLY TAKES OFF! ILL BE TRYING THIS MYSELF ONCE I GET MY VITA BACK FROM MY NEPHEW, UGHHHHHHHHHHH…. LOL

+ snakeeyes211 on December 12th, 2012 at 9:19 am said:

Sold $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

+ Sharingan_itachi on December 12th, 2012 at 9:20 am said:

…trophies?

+ Steven Isbell on December 13th, 2012 at 2:33 am said:

Most definitely. ;)

+ Tjoeb123 on December 12th, 2012 at 9:24 am said:

Will there be a patch alongside this, so we can play the levels people make using the DLC, or will it be required?

+ Steven Isbell on December 13th, 2012 at 2:34 am said:

Of course! If you have a PlayStation Vita, you will be able to play any new levels published by the community that use the PlayStation Vita’s exciting features!

+ snakeeyes211 on December 12th, 2012 at 9:29 am said:

PlayStation3 check LittleBigPlanet2 check PlayStation Vita check all set to go captain

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on December 12th, 2012 at 9:35 am said:

this seriously should be free… it just make me angry… :(

+ islankleinknecht on December 12th, 2012 at 9:39 am said:

Does this mean that I don’t have to worry about disappearing from the screen when my co-op buddy accidentally leaves me behind?

+ aro52 on December 12th, 2012 at 9:47 am said:

@46
Why do you deserve this for free?? They put a bunch of work into creating a totally new way of playing the game + new story missions to show off these new tools, and I think $4.99 is pretty darn reasonable for that.

+ togue on December 12th, 2012 at 9:48 am said:

sign me up

+ kmtburton on December 12th, 2012 at 9:51 am said:

This is why I finally got a vita in october been anxiously awaiting ever since. Was expecting $10-$15 so nice surprise there, cant wait to get my hands on it.

PAGE 1 2 3