PS4-Watch_Dogs

Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD on PS Vita Today

Stewart Gilray's Avatar + Posted by Stewart Gilray on Dec 18, 2012 // CEO, Just Add Water

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD for PS Vita

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD for PS VitaOddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD for PS Vita

What can a small team achieve in 10 months? How about porting a classic Oddworld console game to the PS Vita! The heroes at JAW beavered away since the launch of the handheld in February 2012 to bring you the most the console has to offer.

PS Vita users might still be waiting for the chance to play Munch, but just in time for the holidays, here’s Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD. We’re bringing an enhanced version of the much-loved classic to PlayStation Store later today.

Like the PS3 version before it, Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD features high-quality graphical assets, better textures and high poly models. But this isn’t a lazy port… The game makes use of PS Vita’s touchscreen and rear touchpad for added controls and runs at the native screen resolution to give you a genuine Vita experience.

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD for PS Vita

The game sees you take the role of the mysterious bounty hunter Stranger on a mission to clean up the Oddworld’s Wild West. So what if you happen to profit from it, right? After all, the money is needed for important surgery! Gameplay features a unique ammo system that’s live… literally! From the wisecracking Chippunks to the ferocious Fuzzles, your ordinance is there to help you out of sticky situations however you choose to play the game.

Stranger’s Wrath for PS Vita will be out later today in North America. Stick this in your digital Christmas stocking! How does the PS Vita version stack up? Let us know in the comments.

PAGE 1 2

+ MakaiOokami on December 19th, 2012 at 8:30 am said:

10 months ago the Vita I just barely been released the ps3 version I just barely been released I highly doubt that there was any thoughts Stranger’s Wrath HD was a guaranteed re release on the PlayStation Vita I had bought it fairly close to release because I’d heard such great things about it. While I have not played it and I would love cross by I do think that it could shoot them in the foot if they gave away free vita copies after 10 months of development there was not enough new purchasers to justify. All of that being said 15 dollars really isn’t much. I will decide if I will double dip probably based on whether or not the saves are cross compatible. This message courtesy of my bathroom and the HTC One X dictating what I dictate. Yay technology

+ BANDICOOTKING on December 19th, 2012 at 9:50 am said:

I say the gameplay is restrictive in that their are only around 8 types of ammo, and no way to customize how they work. However, I realise that is is just an hd version of an old xbox game, so I guess that is to be expected.

+ Aneudi_PR on December 19th, 2012 at 11:48 am said:

Is Munch’s Oddysee coming for the vita?

+ blkhatpersian on December 19th, 2012 at 3:00 pm said:

Took a bit to get used to the camera controls on the vita, but I must say I’m enjoying it especially on the Vita OLED screen!

I had one question though, is there any chance we can designate one area of the rear touch pad for melee? This would be similar to how PS1 classics have the option now to designate the four corners of the touch pad for R2, L2, etc. I ask this because I accidentally hit the rear touch pad from time to time.

Thanks again for the awesome game!

Stewart Gilray's Avatar

+ Stewart Gilray on December 20th, 2012 at 3:50 am said:

We’ve actually had a lot of feedback on this, as such we’re looking at addressing this and a couple of other things in the New Year.

+ ZalAamir on December 20th, 2012 at 1:33 am said:

Never had the time to play it on the PS3 (funds too, tbh >_< ) but grabbed it yesterday when the store was updated.
managed to get a few minutes in during the commute to work and loving it so far!

Not too concerned about the discount.(got burned before thanks to a launch Vita game)..

so if I really love it, will just grab it on PS3 as well.

PS. heard there's a twist later on? never played the original so no spoilers please!!

+ CorruptAssassin on December 20th, 2012 at 4:59 am said:

Strangers Wrath owner from Australia representing!
I just want Stewart to know he’s a bloody champion when it comes to supporting the community for these brilliant games. The HD remakes for Stranger’s Wrath is nothing short of mindblowing not only on the PS3, but probably MORE so on the Vita.

From a happy PS3/PSV owner :)

Stewart Gilray's Avatar

+ Stewart Gilray on December 20th, 2012 at 8:13 am said:

G’day mate,
    Thanks very much :)

Really appreciate it!

Stew

+ Nettacki01 on December 20th, 2012 at 6:51 pm said:

Where’s the store discounts for previous purchasers? I don’t see the discount on either the PS3 store or the PS Vita store, and I bought Stranger’s Wrath PS3 before.

+ DeadlyVenom5 on December 23rd, 2012 at 7:08 pm said:

I am not sure if anyone is still checking these post but I am also looking to see the 25% discount for those that purchased the HD version for PS3.

I tried to buy but never saw the discount option

Stewart Gilray's Avatar

+ Stewart Gilray on December 24th, 2012 at 1:46 am said:

Hi,
    Yeah we had a bit of a last-minute pre-xmas glitch getting it done before the holidays… READ AS: The people involved went on vacation… Entirely our fault, but will be fixed right after the holidays.

Merry Christmas everyone!

+ minibrady1 on January 3rd, 2013 at 5:56 pm said:

Newby to the PS Vita platform and no matter how I try I can’t find this game in the PSN store on the vita. I do not own a PS3, so can’t get it that way. Can someone point me in the right direction to find and download this game on the Vita?

+ EXQUISITEEMPRESS on January 16th, 2013 at 3:16 pm said:

Looks interesting! I’ll be picking it up on PS3.

PAGE 1 2