PS4-The Order

Holiday Essentials: Last Chance to Scoop Up Must-Have Games

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar + Posted by Pierre Gravereau on Dec 31, 2012 // Director, Digital Distribution

Holiday Essentials

With the New Year about to start, we’re setting up one last week of great discounts on your Holiday Essentials – the games that you may not have played yet but wanted to try out. We’ve had two weeks of amazing games at awesome prices and this week is no different. With the last week of our Holiday Essentials sale, we’re bringing you the best of the best for your PS3 and PS Vita to ring in the New Year.

With this week’s lineup, you can feast your ears on Sound Shapes, which features Cross-Buy, meaning that when you purchase either the PS Vita or PS3 version, you get the other version for free. You’ll also be able venture around superhero game Batman: Arkham City, and test your survival skills in action-packed Tokyo Jungle.

Now’s your chance to save 30% — or up to 50% for PlayStation Plus members—on the final week of great games. But like the year 2012, these deals won’t last much longer, so head into the PlayStation Store and pick them up today! These discounts will only be good through 1/7/2013. You can find the full lineup below:

• AR PLAY (Sale: $6.25, PS Plus: $4.38, Regular: $8.94)
  • Assassin’s Creed 2 Deluxe Edition (Sale: $13.99, PS Plus: $9.80, Regular: $19.99)
  • Batman: Arkham City (Sale: $20.99, PS Plus: $14.70, Regular: $29.99)
  • Bulletstorm (Sale: $13.99, PS Plus: $9.80, Regular: $19.99)
  • inFAMOUS 2 (Sale: $13.99, PS Plus: Free, Regular: $19.99)
  • inFAMOUS Festival of Blood (Sale: $6.99, PS Plus: $4.90, Regular: $9.99)
  • Lumines Electronic Symphony (Sale: $24.99, PS Plus: $17.49, Regular: $35.99)
  • Shadow of the Colossus (Sale: $13.99, PS Plus: $9.80, Regular: $19.99)
  • Skullgirls (Sale: $10.49, PS Plus: $7.35, Regular: $14.99)
  • Sound Shapes (Sale: $10.49, PS Plus: $7.35, Regular: $14.99)
  • Sound Shapes Vita (Sale: $10.49, PS Plus: $7.35, Regular: $14.99)
  • TOKYO JUNGLE (Sale: $10.49, PS Plus: $7.35, Regular: $14.99)
  • Touch My Katamari (Sale: $17.99, PS Plus: $12.25, Regular: $24.99)

Once you stock up, you’ll be set to start off the New Year right. See you in 2013 for more deals and discounts on some of your favorite games!

125 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ DrAndonuts on December 31st, 2012 at 8:09 am said:

Didn’t Lumines have an MSRP drop to $29.99?

+ musicman182 on December 31st, 2012 at 8:09 am said:

Awesome, I’ve been waiting for Sound Shapes to go on sale. Might pick up Tokyo Jungle too, as it looks…interesting.

+ megacarlos on December 31st, 2012 at 8:11 am said:

This is the big finale im not impressed

+ T_K_9001 on December 31st, 2012 at 8:12 am said:

nothing for me here. we had discounts on old games throughout the month and what do we have here? is infamous 2 again free? come on guys, we need something new. sometimes we think that you are playing with us.

+ Ghostwize on December 31st, 2012 at 8:13 am said:

Hello Arkham City! Overall fairly lackluster though I must say!
Keep up the good work though plus team! Love the service. :D
Was really hoping for some Square Enix sales. :D

+ ezeka_matthew on December 31st, 2012 at 8:13 am said:

Morgan,

I’m away on vacation, but I have my Vita. If I buy Sound and Shapes on the Vita, will I be able to download the PS3 version for free? I know the game is a cross buy title, but do I need to make the initial purchase on my PS3 in order for it to be a cross buy?

Looking forward to the Plus update.

Happy New Year!

+ LarsenNET on December 31st, 2012 at 8:13 am said:

This is the second time Shadow of the Colossus has been on sale but ICO has never been,why?

+ Ntl_713 on December 31st, 2012 at 8:14 am said:

Really disappointed with this week’s games.

+ Rising_Rider on December 31st, 2012 at 8:14 am said:

Been waiting for Tokyo Jungle to go on sale again since I missed it the first time. Definitely grabbing it and maybe Sound Shapes. Thanks!

+ AmaterasuOkami1 on December 31st, 2012 at 8:15 am said:

I’ve bought almost all these games already.
Not a good holiday sale for me this week. :(

+ BelthazarUSA on December 31st, 2012 at 8:16 am said:

What’s for free on Ps+ this week?

+ LordZwan on December 31st, 2012 at 8:17 am said:

Nothing for me at all… My vita is sad…

Happy New Year people!

+ JacLK76 on December 31st, 2012 at 8:18 am said:

Hmmm, Skullgirls or Tokyo Jungle. What to get, what to get.

+ onslaughtree on December 31st, 2012 at 8:19 am said:

Happy Holidays everyone…..Hope Santa was good to you. My Vita is primed for a great new year….
SF X Tekken
LBP
NFS:MW
Sunflowers
Retro City Rampage
Wipeout
Uncharted
Dokuro
Gravity Rush
Super Stardust Portable
Unbound Saga
Its going to be a great year for the Vita come 2013.as always,……….. Keep On Gaming.

+ raphaky on December 31st, 2012 at 8:20 am said:

Nothing interesting …

+ Dubloon7 on December 31st, 2012 at 8:21 am said:

Is Sound Shapes Cross Buy?

So, Plus KEEPS Infamous 2? Get rid of that garbage and give us good games like SotC FOR FREE!

What about the PS1 games for 50% off or free?

Vita IGC?

+ Xcaligamer1 on December 31st, 2012 at 8:22 am said:

wish tekken tag 2 were on sale though i know it just came out like um…september? lol idk but i may pick up skullgirls

+ Dragonslayer_023 on December 31st, 2012 at 8:22 am said:

@6 Yes, if you buy the game on your Vita you will find it on your PS3 downloads list as well.

+ Squiggle55 on December 31st, 2012 at 8:23 am said:

I highly recommend sound shapes and lumines, if you like those genres you should already know you’ll like those games.

I will have to consider Assassin’s Creed II, Shadow of the Colossus, Tokyo Jungle, and Festival of Blood. I love sales.

+ megacarlos on December 31st, 2012 at 8:24 am said:

How about a move sale including portal 2 with move dlc and now theres a bunch of vita games put some on sale

+ x-Kicks-x on December 31st, 2012 at 8:24 am said:

What is AR Play? Is it just all of the paid DLC for the current AR games along with pulzar and table top tanks?

+ Kevvik on December 31st, 2012 at 8:24 am said:

Yet again another uninspiring sale from the PSN.

And given the current trend, we should find another fighting game in our PS+ later today, because you know that is all they think we really want, regardless of the limitless other requests being made in our comments.

+ YungShep on December 31st, 2012 at 8:26 am said:

i was really hoping to see GTA IV on this list…i wouldnt mind getting SOTC for that ps plus price..Arkham City as well

+ Demonhunter84 on December 31st, 2012 at 8:27 am said:

Batman Arkham City for $14 is a good price, I saw it at Target a few weeks ago in the clearance section for that same price. Nothing for me during the final week, most of those games I already own for the most part in previous sales.

+ RyanSaotome on December 31st, 2012 at 8:29 am said:

@11, 22

Its already been leaked that NBA Jam is the free game this week for PS3, and Chronovolt for Vita. Get ready to rage.

+ Dubloon7 on December 31st, 2012 at 8:29 am said:

DO NOT buy Arkham City, even at that price. You can find the BETTER GAME OF THE YEAR version for a little extra, and MUCH MORE worth your money.

+ BlueBl1zzard on December 31st, 2012 at 8:30 am said:

This is a pretty okay sale in my opinion. Looking at maybe sound shapes, shadow of the colossus, tokyo jungle and/or touch my katamari. I also notice a few games on there *cough* *arkham city and bulletstorm* that people have asking for, as EU got them for free. I would personally rather have them on sale than free so I could keep them. But something tells me that complaints should be rolling out anyway in 3….2…..1…..

+ KazeEternal on December 31st, 2012 at 8:30 am said:

To bad there are no sales for PSP games. Could use some to replace my UMD collection so I can play it on my Vita.

+ SirRadG on December 31st, 2012 at 8:32 am said:

So with MK and Batman being on sale the last couple weeks, does that mean we won’t be getting these WB games on Plus like Europe?

+ whatisdelicious on December 31st, 2012 at 8:32 am said:

I’ve been holding off on Lumines for the last couple weeks. KNEW this would happen. Awesome.

But yeah, the first commenter was right, the MSRP for Lumines dropped to $29.99 a couple weeks ago, but here it says it’s $35. That’s outdated. Does that affect the sale price?

+ BlueBl1zzard on December 31st, 2012 at 8:33 am said:

By the way @anyone who owns Shadow of the Colossus, can this game work on vita via remote play? I heard it could but I may be mistaken.

And happy New Year Everyone!

+ BreakinBad on December 31st, 2012 at 8:34 am said:

Just curious (for PS+’s sake), does today’s update count as January content of December content?

+ Beam_Claws on December 31st, 2012 at 8:34 am said:

You guys messed up.

Lumines normal price on PSN is 29.99$ not 35.99$ so 24.99$ is not 30% off.

+ Ghostwize on December 31st, 2012 at 8:35 am said:

@31 I don’t think so. It is strictly a PS3 game so I don’t see how that would be possible. Could be wrong though! :D

+ PainOfSarrow on December 31st, 2012 at 8:36 am said:

most those games im not realy interested in. batman i rather buy on disc. already have sound shapes and tokyo jungle and festival of blood, great games by the way. thanks anyways sony.

+ Tw1zTiD-MaFiA21 on December 31st, 2012 at 8:37 am said:

Most of theses games on sale are laughable and EU got the best ones free but I’m glad I waited on Sound Shapes. Since the vita demo was screwed up and they never fixed it I never got to try it but for $7.35 It’ll be the only thing worth buying.

+ Ntl_713 on December 31st, 2012 at 8:38 am said:

Sony should really put PSP and PS1 games on sale, 50% off ps1 games and 30% off psp games sound good. who agrees? :D

+ snakeeyes211 on December 31st, 2012 at 8:40 am said:

From what I see this is a really horrible sale I was expecting some other games to be on the list well I guess there’s always next year and the PlayStation plus we’re getting isn’t any better either

+ thiagojsantos on December 31st, 2012 at 8:40 am said:

already available ??

+ Ashilyn on December 31st, 2012 at 8:41 am said:

Oh nice, some more stuff for me to grab this week. It’s been a great set of sales, Sony. Thanks for the happy holidays!

+ Raiders-34 on December 31st, 2012 at 8:41 am said:

Any chance we’ll get a discount on the Borderlands 2 Season Pass? After seeing it on sale on Xbox last week, it left me hopeful that we would also get a discount.

+ Ryumoau on December 31st, 2012 at 8:41 am said:

Looks like Lumines is finally dropped to a reasonable price. i’ll get it. Might hurry up and get Hot Shots too while its still $8. Though i’m not that into golf.

+ Tw1zTiD-MaFiA21 on December 31st, 2012 at 8:43 am said:

LOL just saw Infamous 2 free again, Sony must want everyone to have that game lol. This is why 90% of people who have US ps+ hate it.

+ CHIVO_BLUE on December 31st, 2012 at 8:43 am said:

TOKYO JUNGLE! And NBA JAMS for free? sold. Good thing i picked up all the free DLC for T.J. before it expired.

+ megacarlos on December 31st, 2012 at 8:43 am said:

@31 yes it works and its awesome little to no lag

+ Sorandkairi on December 31st, 2012 at 8:43 am said:

Now this is some BS!!!!

+ tetsmandc on December 31st, 2012 at 8:44 am said:

So will you guys have another flash sale including PS Vita items? That would be pretty cool.

+ Ryumoau on December 31st, 2012 at 8:45 am said:

@25 NBA Jam? really?! NFL Blitz all over again…. :/

+ Ghostwize on December 31st, 2012 at 8:46 am said:

@45 you can play SotC on the Vita?! That’s pretty awesome. I was under the impression that PSN games were meant to only work on the PS3.

+ snakeeyes211 on December 31st, 2012 at 8:46 am said:

Must have games :-/ no it’s more like mostly old games :-)

PAGE 1 2 3