PS4-The Order

The PlayStation Recap: What We’re Reading

Justin Massongill's Avatar + Posted by Justin Massongill on Jan 13, 2013 // SCEA Social Media Specialist

I finally wrapped up The Walking Dead this week… What a game. There are a couple others I’d put ahead of it for Game of the Year (Journey, Persona 4 Golden), but I understand why it’s been taking top honors in so many different places.

With that out of the way, I’m moving on to another well-respected title from last year — XCOM: Enemy Unknown. I’m about eight hours in, and I honestly can’t tell whether I’m enjoying it or not. It’s incredibly stressful, but I think the fact that I played it nearly nonstop yesterday says something about its particular brand of stress.

This week on PlayStation.Blog, we introduced Haunt the House (coming soon to PlayStation Mobile), the Battle Hardened DLC came to Assassin’s Creed III, fans voted for their favorite athlete to grace the cover of MLB 13 The Show, and plenty more. Venture forth, dear reader!

What We’re Reading

This Week’s Top 10 Posts

PlayStation Blogcast 058

Most-Watched Video of the Week

+ ScreamAimFire999 on January 13th, 2013 at 2:35 pm said:

Wake Up App and Far Cry 3 DLC for me. :D

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on January 13th, 2013 at 3:09 pm said:

Ah yes, High Tides comes out this week! I’m so excited for that, even though I still have so much to do in the main game as it is.

+ enricky559 on January 13th, 2013 at 2:48 pm said:

I really want to try out the Wake-up Club. Hopefully it will wake me up on time!

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on January 13th, 2013 at 3:11 pm said:

At the risk of hyperbole, this app may be life-changing for me. I’ve NEVER been able to get out of bed on time; this may be what I need to finally kick the “snooze” habit.

+ remanutd5 on January 13th, 2013 at 3:21 pm said:

I have finished Sorcery yesterday and i must say what a fantastic adventure experience the game has been, i really wish there were more exclusive move titles like it and i hope you guys are planning a sequel, i would love to play a sequel ASAP, it is the best psmove exclusive game i have played, hopefully Until Dawn is as good or even better than sorcery, move needs more quality games.

anyways it would be good if you guys make a most anticipated vita titles and hopefully we get more new titles coming to the system asap.

+ yoko379 on January 13th, 2013 at 3:44 pm said:

I’m playing: Wipeout 2048, Hitman: Absolution, and Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
I’m watching: Hitman (2007 film), Friends
I’m listening to: Bangarang (Skrillex), Still Alive (Portal)

Also stressing over my immense amount of homework, exam week here I come ^.^

+ SNORLAXex on January 13th, 2013 at 3:45 pm said:

I’m watching: A bunch of Metal Gear Rising Trailers.
I can’t wait to use that Gray Fox Costume.

+ MatheusRuggeri on January 13th, 2013 at 4:35 pm said:

Talking about apps for PS Vita, there plans for some PDF reader? I really need one.

Thanks.

+ fattytwenty on January 13th, 2013 at 4:41 pm said:

I just finished “The Walking Dead” today. It is a great story. Lots of emotional situations to deal with. Me and my girlfriend(Wattster47) enjoyed this game alot

+ togue on January 13th, 2013 at 5:05 pm said:

just wanted to take a moment and remind SONY that we need GranTurismo VITA

+ togue on January 13th, 2013 at 5:08 pm said:

almost forgot, can you guys release the xperia z too :)

+ xcolonel_radecx on January 13th, 2013 at 8:05 pm said:

Can we get Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 in the PSN store plz

+ KloacyTheSeeker on January 13th, 2013 at 11:00 pm said:

This week I’m watching the VoD’s from Speed Demos Archive’s ‘Awesome Game Done Quick’ stream. They did some amazing stuff last week, raising over $420,000 for the Prevent Cancer Foundation.

There’s no time to play games with 150 hours of footage to watch.

+ Predman on January 14th, 2013 at 2:20 am said:

I’m playing: EVE: DUST 514, Far Cry 3, Killzone 3 Online
I’m watching: The Boondocks, AvP 1 , The Hobbit
I’m listening to: PlayStation Blogcast 058, Daft punk”s Tron: Legacy Soundtrack,

+ lisatsunami on January 14th, 2013 at 3:55 am said:

Justin, thanks for including the article on Ni No Kuni’s composer. I’m so excited about a game drawn by Studio Ghibli that I pre-ordered the game twice–the Wizard’s Edition from Namco and the retail from GameStop because they’ll have a steel case. Just one more week…

I saw The Hobbit in IMAX 3D. I also re-watched the LOTR extended edition blu ray and wow, it looked fantastic on my PS3. I also saw Les Miserables, which made me sob like a little girl.

I’m reading The Hobbit for the 3rd time (free from the iTunes store) and Prisoner of Azkaban for the 9th time now that the HP collection is finally digital.

I’m listening to my very eclectic playlist on Music Unlimited.

And I’m replaying Demon’s Souls since it debuted on the PSN store. New game+, since I beat the game years ago. It is every bit as fun and engrossing as I remember but not as hard, since I’m a much better gamer now. I hope many people will try this game, one of PS3′s exclusive crowning jewels. Which I also expect to say about Ni No Kuni.

+ dodgedoors on January 14th, 2013 at 9:16 am said:

Watching: Freaks and geeks and Adult Swim

Reading: “Ready player One “-Ernest Cline and Daemon Series from Daniel Suarez. All Gamers should read these books they’re fantastic.

Listening: ” Zombie Fallout” series audiobooks. Narrator is amazing writing is worthy of hyberbole

+ dodgedoors on January 14th, 2013 at 9:16 am said:

hyperbole

+ DragonIrons on January 14th, 2013 at 10:29 am said:

Wake up club should be cool. Now you all need to get rid of the redundant “screen-off” feature that kicks in after 15 seconds on the login screen (lock screen…. clock screen….). One, that 15 seconds is freaking annoying…. Two there’s no reason for it since the Vita itself has a auto-standby you can set for 1-10 minutes….. Three, like I said it’s redundant lol Four….. Some of want to leave the clock screen ON WHILE IT’S PLUGGED IN, like in your charging STAND. You can get rid of that 15 second standby in a firmware update right?

Also kind of related…. I just started playing Assassin’s Creed Liberation. The damn screen keeps going dim after like…. 15 SECONDS….. in the middle of cutscenes. Extremely annoying. I love my white Vita, but fix this crap lol…… We can put it in standby ourselves you know……. so ya get rid of the 15 seconds b.s…… and add an OFF option to auto-standby in the POwer Save Settings. Thanks